What does the liberals think about enhanced interrogation now?

Some do; others, the vast majority of liberals and conservatives; evaluate issues, consider them, talk about them and then decide. Such conclusions do not always come easy nor are they sealed in concrete (unlike the echo chamber - mostly libertarian, who don't evaluate, consider or talk about difficult issues - mostly they tune to the AM dial or Fox news and have their conclusions prepared for them).

You show ignorance with your assumptions and demonstrate the very point I make by operating on how you feel about or how something is.

I don't know, what does the liberals think; my informed guess is liberals don't all think alike.

Exactly no foundation of absolutes with Liberals.

It is all how you feel and rationalize to reconcile with those feelings.

Some do; others, the vast majority of liberals and conservatives; evaluate issues, consider them, talk about them and then decide. Such conclusions do not always come easy nor are they sealed in concrete (unlike the the fringe, who don't evaluate, consider or talk about difficult issues - mostly they tune to the AM dial or Fox news and have their conclusions prepared for them).

That is such bullshit. Just another lie from the Left as they try their best to marginalize and degrade anyone with whom they disagree.

I wanted to add that CIA operatives are waterboarded as part of their training, and that their waterboarding is much harsher than the waterboarding done to the three arch terrorists that the liberals are so in love with.

I very much dislike the fact that Obama and his supporters have done so much divisive damage to the people of our country so as to further their political believes. I used to believe that all Americans were my brothers but the Left as shown on this board and the Internet in general that it is way to hateful of those with whom they disagree for me to consider them friendly. I do not trust my or my families safety to some who post here and to many on the Left in general. I will not trust some on this Board anywhere near my family. As to my personal beliefs there are two or three here who I do not care for but I have no bad thoughts at all aimed towards anyone personally.

Odd post.

Just watched 0 dark 30
Very accurate according to seal who wrote book
Without GWB interrogation okay
no UBL
Movie mad point to state that libs came close to blowing the whole deal

Will give BHO kudos in the end, he did the right thing

BTW Cheney's assassination squad?
really?

Go team 6
god bless all of them
I'm a liberal and you DO NOT TORTURE:
  • anyone
  • for any reason
  • at any time
This is an absolute!

What about what you do to the posters who read your post?

I very much dislike the fact that Obama and his supporters have done so much divisive damage to the people of our country so as to further their political believes. I used to believe that all Americans were my brothers but the Left as shown on this board and the Internet in general that it is way to hateful of those with whom they disagree for me to consider them friendly. I do not trust my or my families safety to some who post here and to many on the Left in general. I will not trust some on this Board anywhere near my family. As to my personal beliefs there are two or three here who I do not care for but I have no bad thoughts at all aimed towards anyone personally.

Odd post.

Hmm, seems OK to me as I recall all of the vile statements from the Left aimed at our soldiers other personnel who were involved in fighting these wars. Not to mention all of the derogatory things said by so many on the Left on this forum and elsewhere aimed at anyone with whom they disagree. It is very, very easy to see when half the country is berated by the other half with such vile filth coming out of Left wing media and mouths on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Some do; others, the vast majority of liberals and conservatives; evaluate issues, consider them, talk about them and then decide. Such conclusions do not always come easy nor are they sealed in concrete (unlike the echo chamber - mostly libertarian, who don't evaluate, consider or talk about difficult issues - mostly they tune to the AM dial or Fox news and have their conclusions prepared for them).

You show ignorance with your assumptions and demonstrate the very point I make by operating on how you feel about or how something is.

I do? Then I suppose you can provide evidence of the truth of this allegation. I've read many concise and cogent arguments from both sides of the aisle during my time here; I've also read lots echos posted by (want names?) more than a dozen self defined libertarians who understand little but profess to know much.

Just watched 0 dark 30
no UBL

really?

Go team 6
god bless all of them

The movie won't change my mind. Waterboarding is still torture.

CIA Chief Settled Waterboarding Debate

Two days after bin Laden’s death, when he was still CIA director, Panetta gave an interview to NBC’s Brian Williams.

On World News Tonight, Panetta confirmed that the CIA obtained some of the intelligence that led to bin Laden from enhanced interrogation, including waterboarding.

Panetta added that “whether we would have gotten the same information through other approaches I think is always gonna be an open question.”
Of course, when the FBI apprehends a serial killer based on a tip or a fingerprint, some may wonder whether agents might have found him some other way — some day.

CIA Chief Settled Waterboarding Debate

Two days after bin Laden’s death, when he was still CIA director, Panetta gave an interview to NBC’s Brian Williams.

On World News Tonight, Panetta confirmed that the CIA obtained some of the intelligence that led to bin Laden from enhanced interrogation, including waterboarding.

Panetta added that “whether we would have gotten the same information through other approaches I think is always gonna be an open question.”
Of course, when the FBI apprehends a serial killer based on a tip or a fingerprint, some may wonder whether agents might have found him some other way — some day.

..and if I recall correctly there was a bit of panic about that statement from the Oval Office and they tried to walk it back quite a bit.

Chuck Schumer agrees that sometimes we need to do what we have to do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4CWk5LfoH0]Chuck Schumer On "Torture" - "Do What You Have To Do" - YouTube[/ame]

Just watched 0 dark 30
no UBL

really?

Go team 6
god bless all of them

So, I have no issue with torturing those piece a shit Muslim terrorists. Hell, I never minded using the techniques that I found useful to get answers because I knew it would save innocent lives. Terrorists know what may happen to them if they choose to play the game, they are no longer considered civilians if they make the choice to become a combatant.

Last edited:
Just watched 0 dark 30
no UBL

really?

Go team 6
god bless all of them

So, I have no issue with torturing those piece a shit Muslim terrorists...

Would that be convicted terrorists? Or all suspected terrorists?

The three arch terrorists were taunting the CIA interrogators. They even called American's to weak to do what is necessary.

Before waterboarding they were uncooperative, and when asked about further terrorist attacks, he answered "soon, you will know".

The waterboarding stopped another 911 style terrorist attack into a LA building, thwarted a plan to stop a "dirty bomb" from blowing up in Washington, D.C., and gave the US more than half the intelligence it had on Al Qaida.

Yes, it was well worth it.

Con- Three arch terrorists got wet

Pro- Thousands of American lives were saved.

Thankfully, the democrat pussies weren't in charge, and as a result the terrorist attacks didn't occur.

CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles | CNS News

CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

Khalid Sheik Mohammad, a top al Qaeda leader who divulged information -- after being waterboarded -- that allowed the U.S. government to stop a planned terrorist attack on Los Angeles.

(CNSNews.com) - The Central Intelligence Agency told CNSNews.com today that it stands by the assertion made in a May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that the use of “enhanced techniques” of interrogation on al Qaeda leader Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) -- including the use of waterboarding -- caused KSM to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to thwart a planned attack on Los Angeles.

Before he was waterboarded, when KSM was asked about planned attacks on the United States, he ominously told his CIA interrogators, “Soon, you will know

According to the previously classified May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that was released by President Barack Obama last week, the thwarted attack -- which KSM called the “Second Wave”-- planned “ ‘to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into’ a building in Los Angeles.”

KSM was the mastermind of the first “hijacked-airliner” attacks on the United States, which struck the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Northern Virginia on Sept. 11, 2001.

After KSM was captured by the United States, he was not initially cooperative with CIA interrogators. Nor was another top al Qaeda leader named Zubaydah. KSM, Zubaydah, and a third terrorist named Nashiri were the only three persons ever subjected to waterboarding by the CIA. (Additional terrorist detainees were subjected to other “enhanced techniques” that included slapping, sleep deprivation, dietary limitations, and temporary confinement to small spaces -- but not to water-boarding.)

This was because the CIA imposed very tight restrictions on the use of waterboarding. “The ‘waterboard,’ which is the most intense of the CIA interrogation techniques, is subject to additional limits,” explained the May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo. “It may be used on a High Value Detainee only if the CIA has ‘credible intelligence that a terrorist attack is imminent’; ‘substantial and credible indicators that the subject has actionable intelligence that can prevent, disrupt or deny this attack’; and ‘[o]ther interrogation methods have failed to elicit this information within the perceived time limit for preventing the attack.’”

The quotations in this part of the Justice memo were taken from an Aug. 2, 2004 letter that CIA Acting General Counsel John A. Rizzo sent to the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel.

Before they were subjected to “enhanced techniques” of interrogation that included waterboarding, KSM and Zubaydah were not only uncooperative but also appeared contemptuous of the will of the American people to defend themselves.

“In particular, the CIA believes that it would have been unable to obtain critical information from numerous detainees, including KSM and Abu Zubaydah, without these enhanced techniques,” says the Justice Department memo. “Both KSM and Zubaydah had ‘expressed their belief that the general US population was ‘weak,’ lacked resilience, and would be unable to ‘do what was necessary’ to prevent the terrorists from succeeding in their goals.’ Indeed, before the CIA used enhanced techniques in its interrogation of KSM, KSM resisted giving any answers to questions about future attacks, simply noting, ‘Soon you will know.’”

After he was subjected to the “waterboard” technique, KSM became cooperative, providing intelligence that led to the capture of key al Qaeda allies and, eventually, the closing down of an East Asian terrorist cell that had been tasked with carrying out the 9/11-style attack on Los Angeles.

The May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that details what happened in this regard was written by then-Principal Deputy Attorney General Steven G. Bradbury to John A. Rizzo, the senior deputy general counsel for the CIA.

“You have informed us that the interrogation of KSM—once enhanced techniques were employed—led to the discovery of a KSM plot, the ‘Second Wave,’ ‘to use East Asian operatives to crash a hijacked airliner into’ a building in Los Angeles,” says the memo.

“You have informed us that information obtained from KSM also led to the capture of Riduan bin Isomuddin, better known as Hambali, and the discover of the Guraba Cell, a 17-member Jemaah Islamiyah cell tasked with executing the ‘Second Wave,’” reads the memo. “More specifically, we understand that KSM admitted that he had [redaction] large sum of money to an al Qaeda associate [redaction] … Khan subsequently identified the associate (Zubair), who was then captured. Zubair, in turn, provided information that led to the arrest of Hambali. The information acquired from these captures allowed CIA interrogators to pose more specific questions to KSM, which led the CIA to Hambali’s brother, al Hadi. Using information obtained from multiple sources, al-Hadi was captured, and he subsequently identified the Garuba cell. With the aid of this additional information, interrogations of Hambali confirmed much of what was learned from KSM.”

A CIA spokesman confirmed to CNSNews.com today that the CIA stands by the factual assertions made here.

In the memo itself, the Justice Department’s Bradbury told the CIA’s Rossi: “Your office has informed us that the CIA believes that ‘the intelligence acquired from these interrogations has been a key reason why al Qa’ida has failed to launch a spectacular attack in the West since 11 September 2001.”
Torture Prevented Los Angeles Terrorist Attack? No.

That would be combatants.

I'm not recalling how that's defined. Also, convicted combatants? or all suspected combatants?

If they run they are a combatant. If they stand still they are a well disciplined combatant and you don't have to lead them so much.

I'm asking a serious question. Who, in your view, is subject to torture? You say you're ok with torturing terrorists, but that begs the question of who we're calling 'terrorists'. If you're advocating torturing suspected terrorists, before they've been proven guilty of actually being terrorists, then you're putting all of us at risk. Any of us could be accused of terrorism and tortured before we're able to prove our innocence.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back