What does this mean?

Everybody involved in the situation which of course includes Americans but also includes her Allies, after all, a workable solution will require their cooperation.

That's no good if they have no assets to cooperate with.

Every nation has some "assets" that could be used to re-configure the workload of maintaining global stability so that the U.S. doesn't have to shoulder the lion's share of the burden like it's had to for the last 70 odd years.

IMHO Trump needs to articulate a clear and coherent strategy that indicates what the expectations are so that he can garner both domestic support and the support of the nations involved. We've had to be the "global cop" since WW II and if we don't want to keep having to do that the U.S. is going to have to provide the leadership and sell the strategy to change it.

Everybody involved in the situation which of course includes Americans but also includes her Allies, after all, a workable solution will require their cooperation.

Every nation has some "assets" that could be used to re-configure the workload of maintaining global stability so that the U.S. doesn't have to shoulder the lion's share of the burden like it's had to for the last 70 odd years.

IMHO Trump needs to articulate a clear and coherent strategy that indicates what the expectations are so that he can garner both domestic support and the support of the nations involved. We've had to be the "global cop" since WW II and if we don't want to keep having to do that the U.S. is going to have to provide the leadership and sell the strategy to change it.

They have not been using their assets..These people need to build their own militaries.

In his speech to the troops the President said this:

”America shouldn’t be doing the fighting for every nation on earth, not being reimbursed in many cases at all. If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price," Trump said. "And sometimes that’s also a monetary price, so we’re not the suckers of the world. We’re no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren’t looking at us as suckers."
Trump to American troops in Iraq: U.S. no longer 'the suckers of the world'

This sounds so strange. US would like to continue to fight that war if there i money in it? Or is he selling the US capability to fight wars in general? Can anyone buy?

Or is it merely to make a point of the cost in dollars? Not really expecting to get paid?

It means fund your own military, Sweden, and stop expecting us to be at your back for absolutely nothing in return. And that goes for almost the entire rest of the world too.

For that speech alone I love President Trump
It doesn’t really mean a country can pay money to have US troops available then.

Don’t think anyone should expect someone else to fight their wars.

Well Sweden must have, because in 2015 your military spending was 1.1% of GDP. To say that is pathetic is obvious. Also, to say Sweden just expected to have the US military as its de facto military is obvious.

Well, the US military, via Trump and to NATO, is saying no more. At least Sweden looks to be responding.
Sweden needs to adjust the defence budget, but not in order to fight an offensive war across the world. Only to be painful enough to be deterrent for a Russian attack. Low strategic value in combination with an adequate defensive capability.
Sweden is not a member of NATO, although they conduct exercise together.
Recent activity conducted abroad was Afghanistan I believe. Not an expert on the matter.

The best figures I can tell is that about 60 to 65% of all sorties throughout inherent resolve were U.S. strikes......so the allies are conducting about 35 to 40% of the airstrikes............that coalition is about 70 nations I think...........but we also give military assistance to some of those nations and provide air refueling at our expense.......

My best guess is that we provide about 70% of the cost of the War on ISIS

------------------------------------------- all they need do is Pay Up as a start and thats been a recurring demand since TRUMP has been in Office NFox .

They have not been using their assets..These people need to build their own militaries.

Not using their assets to shoulder an equitable share of the burden is the problem but it's not practical (nor desirable) in all case for nations just to build up their militaries, we don't want to turn the world into a bunch of armed camps (like it was prior to WW II). I think it's feasible that some nations just contribute additional material, intelligence and logistical support, while others contribute additional military resources based on the specifics of their national institutions, laws, material resources, location etc..,.

For example Japan has constitutional constraints on the size and scope of it's military but it can certainly provide a lot more material and logistical support than it does now.

------------------------------------------- all they need do is Pay Up as a start and thats been a recurring demand since TRUMP has been in Office NFox .

You have to get them to agree to terms of what PAY UP! means before that will ever happen....

For example
If you go to Germany and tell 'em PAY UP! by the end of the month, the German Government is going to tell you to go fuck yourself
If you go to Germany and tell 'em PAY UP! over a 10 year schedule you're more likely to get an agreement.

You also have to sell them on the benefits of what PAY UP! is going to provide for them, you can't just keep threatening them with the downside.

Why Saudi Arabia would rather pay a ransom to Trump than support its own people

Some on here were joking that Trump is making some pay for our military support...............well it's not a joke............they need us and Trump is getting payments for weapons from us and U.S. investment here for jobs..........not to mention I've heard and would have to find that he's demanding they pay for operations in Yemen............Not to mention that now Saudi Arabia and not the U.S. is paying for rebuilding in Syria and putting troops there as well............

To put it mildly..........I do believe Trump is making the countries in middle East pay for our services and support.........aka you have to pay the costs for militarily helping you in the War in your back yard.

You have to get them to agree to terms of what PAY UP! means before that will ever happen....

For example
If you go to Germany and tell 'em PAY UP! by the end of the month, the German Government is going to tell you to go fuck yourself
If you go to Germany and tell 'em PAY UP! over a 10 year schedule you're more likely to get an agreement.

You also have to sell them on the benefits of what PAY UP! is going to provide for them, you can't just keep threatening them with the downside.

For example

These countries many years ago promised to go to 2% of their GDP for NATO and mutual defense of the region.....as that time table approaches many have not done so and are off schedule to fulfill their promises to do their part for NATO.............and he's calling them out on it............Wants them to have a better military so collectively NATO is better armed which is a détente move to any other country that would want to dare take on NATO..........

They promised........just honor it.

On that issue........Turkey over the Kurds is cutting deals with Russia..........in Europe........they have the largest military in NATO.......other than the United States.............They are also cutting deals with Iran......and appear to be close to leaving NATO.................and this is do to our support of the Kurds..........

Should they invade Syria after we are out..........We will probably have to close our base there and throw them out of NATO.

So Assad could hire the US military and Americans would die in Syria because we're getting paid? :cuckoo:
------------------------------------------- i figure that the friendly nations that the USA MIGHT help would be Western type nations . [As the USA Discriminates and chooses which nations to help] Taz .
So France could hire the US military to attack Russia and have Americans die instead? :cuckoo:
---------------------------------- i don't think that The TRUMP was talking about making USA Military forces into MERCENARIES . I think that he was talking about making the slackards like Germany pay their agreed to money for funding NATO Taz .
So you're backing up from what you said earlier. Good for you.
-------------------------------------------- EASY to SAY , but i don't know what you refer to , please communicate what you are talking about TAZ ,
"sounds like The TRUMP is saying that countries that the USA is friendly with MAY get help fighting Wars if they PAY for the help . And of course , thats how it should be Eric ." So you're saying that Americans should die in a war for profit.

For example

---------------------------- from what i understand there are agreements about what Germany as part of NATO is supposed to pay and they haven't paid up from what i understand . Even TRUMP makes reference to Germany as not having paid up . And it'd be music to my ears if Germany was to get mouthy with the USA . Pull out USA Troops and Germany and 'europe' can deal with Russia on its own as far as i am concerned NFox .

For example

---------------------------- from what i understand there are agreements about what Germany as part of NATO is supposed to pay and they haven't paid up from what i understand . Even TRUMP makes reference to Germany as not having paid up . And it'd be music to my ears if Germany was to get mouthy with the USA . Pull out USA Troops and Germany and 'europe' can deal with Russia on its own as far as i am concerned NFox .

Russia overrunning Germany would be an improvement over Muslims.

The thing with Germany is they've been allowing unfettered Muslim immigration for 20+ years.

I was hearing German emigres to the US bitching about it 20 years ago. It's all downhill from there.

------------------------------------------- i figure that the friendly nations that the USA MIGHT help would be Western type nations . [As the USA Discriminates and chooses which nations to help] Taz .
So France could hire the US military to attack Russia and have Americans die instead? :cuckoo:
---------------------------------- i don't think that The TRUMP was talking about making USA Military forces into MERCENARIES . I think that he was talking about making the slackards like Germany pay their agreed to money for funding NATO Taz .
-------------------------------------------- EASY to SAY , but i don't know what you refer to , please communicate what you are talking about TAZ ,
"sounds like The TRUMP is saying that countries that the USA is friendly with MAY get help fighting Wars if they PAY for the help . And of course , thats how it should be Eric ." So you're saying that Americans should die in a war for profit.
-------------------------------------- might end up dying in a war. --- But after dying in the war the USA should be paid or REIMBURSED for Costs associated in fighting the War Taz .

”America shouldn’t be doing the fighting for every nation on earth, not being reimbursed in many cases at all. If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price," Trump said. "And sometimes that’s also a monetary price, so we’re not the suckers of the world. We’re no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren’t looking at us as suckers."

This sounds so strange. US would like to continue to fight that war if there i money in it? Or is he selling the US capability to fight wars in general? Can anyone buy?

Or is it merely to make a point of the cost in dollars? Not really expecting to get paid?

Those are the remarks of a clueless fool.
Does our CIC have even a basic idea of what a strategic interest is?

Those are the remarks of a clueless fool.
Does our CIC have even a basic idea of what a strategic interest is?

Do you have a clue as to what day-to-day reality is? No. STFU then.

It means fund your own military, Sweden, and stop expecting us to be at your back for absolutely nothing in return. And that goes for almost the entire rest of the world too.

For that speech alone I love President Trump

Sweden?

-------------------------------------- might end up dying in a war. --- But after dying in the war the USA should be paid or REIMBURSED for Costs associated in fighting the War Taz .
So how much for a dead US soldier?

For example

Russia overrunning Germany would be an improvement over Muslims.

The thing with Germany is they've been allowing unfettered Muslim immigration for 20+ years.

I was hearing German emigres to the US bitching about it 20 years ago. It's all downhill from there.
---------------------------------------------------- OFF TOPIC , but one of my interests is about WHEN the muslims start joining German military in large numbers . Same interest here in the USA with foreigners in USA Military .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back