What Does "Top Talent" Think about Working in States that Ban Abortion?

This is a very interesting study.

I'm sure that the conservatives won't believe it or even click the link but intelligent people will.

Texas and any state that enacts legislation like the one Texas has enacted, are not going to get well educated people to their state. They won't get business to come to their state and they will see people leave their state.

It's very telling, the consequences of passing such laws, people and business won't stand for it.

It's going to cause those red states to fall even farther behind.

From the study:

Data suggest:
  • Large majorities of top talent support abortion access and consider the issue part of gender equity in the workplace;
  • Two-thirds say the Texas ban would discourage them from working in the state;
  • 64% say they would not apply for a job in a state that passed a ban like Texas';
  • About half says they would consider moving out-of-state if their lawmakers
    passed a similar ban.

The college-educated workforce values abortion access and sees the issue as part of gender equity in the workplace.
Roughly eight in ten respondents (79%) do not want Roe v. Wade overturned. The same proportion (80%) feels access to abortion is an important part of women's rights and gender equity - 63% feel this strongly.
Respondents also connect abortion to other issues. Two-thirds (65%) would guess that states that protect abortion rights and access are more likely to have good health care, good-paying jobs, and a higher-quality of life v. those that ban or restrict abortion access (10%).

Majorities across segments say this law would discourage them from working in Texas:
  • Women (74%)
  • Men (58%)
  • Gen Z (73%)
  • Millennials (69%)
  • Black employees (60%)
  • Latino/a employees (64%)
  • AAPI employees (62%)
  • Recent graduates (67%)

You can read all of the findings of the study at the following link:

Good luck with that Texas and any state that passes the same anti abortion law.
I am against government overreach, but if it keeps "top talent" the fuck outta Texas, so be it!!!

I suspect when it comes right down to it so called top talent is going to be looking more at pay rates, benefits and state tax rates than they are abortion. For those who decide they don't want to work in a state because of an abortion law so be it that is their right I have no doubt there are many who will not have a problem with it.

What difference does due process make. If you are innocent and condemned to death? Think about it.

We have laws in our society. If you convict a person of any crime, they must have a trial, evidence must be presented that is proof (beyond reasonable doubt) of guilt. The accused is guaranteed counsel. The accused has the opportunity to examine that evidence and to face his accusers.

Even if a person is falsely convicted, the system gave them the opportunity to defend themselves. It's not a perfect system, but it superior to any yet devised by man.

On the the other hand, a fetus has none of these things. A fetus has no rights at all. If we consider a fetus to be nothing more than non-viable human tissue, like a tumor, then why do most states have infanticide laws that criminalize the taking of an unborn life in any circumstance other than medical abortion?

I have no strong opinions on abortion as I will never have one (not having a functioning uterus). However, I do take law very seriously and the laws that support abortion in this country have serious legal flaws. Either laws are applied equally and specifically, or they are not. If they are not, they do not hold the status of law.

We have laws in our society. If you convict a person of any crime, they must have a trial, evidence must be presented that is proof (beyond reasonable doubt) of guilt. The accused is guaranteed counsel. The accused has the opportunity to examine that evidence and to face his accusers.

Even if a person is falsely convicted, the system gave them the opportunity to defend themselves. It's not a perfect system, but it superior to any yet devised by man.

On the the other hand, a fetus has none of these things. A fetus has no rights at all. If we consider a fetus to be nothing more than non-viable human tissue, like a tumor, then why do most states have infanticide laws that criminalize the taking of an unborn life in any circumstance other than medical abortion?

I have no strong opinions on abortion as I will never have one (not having a functioning uterus). However, I do take law very seriously and the laws that support abortion in this country have serious legal flaws. Either laws are applied equally and specifically, or they are not. If they are not, they do not hold the status of law.

While I see what you are saying, I can’t agree. Because of a flawed “due process” an innocent man will die. Every minute of every day he is going to know this and his death is little different than murder because we know the system is flawed and we carry on anyway.

A zygote, blastocyst,embryo, fetus has no awarenes, no anticipation,no fear, no anything beyond a spark of life.

If the issue was truly about innocent life, then the death penalty would be abolished along with abortion. But it is very few pro-lifers who feel the death penalty is wrong.

A zygote, blastocyst,embryo, fetus has no awarenes, no anticipation,no fear, no anything beyond a spark of life.

If the issue was truly about innocent life, then the death penalty would be abolished along with abortion. But it is very few pro-lifers who feel the death penalty is wrong.

You seem to be making an argument that any non-judicial killing can be justified if we take away the awareness, anticipation, and fear of death.

There was another group of people who took the position that industrial scale slaughter of people was acceptable if the victims didn't know they were going to be killed.

They hid the method of execution from the victim until they were already dead, giving them a hope (however false) they they would continue to live if they just capitulated with their captors.

Can someone please explain why Joan Crawford is a symbol of the pro-abortion group?

526ce332569d1c854ae177b76695eeff.jpg

I mean, she probably wasn't a very nice person, but she didn't deserve to be aborted.

Coyote, fncceo did an excellent job of pointing out your total ignorance and obvious obtuse attitude towards an actual innocent human being in its mother's womb. This is why I generally do not respond to you or engage in conversation with you.

This is a very interesting study.

I'm sure that the conservatives won't believe it or even click the link but intelligent people will.

Texas and any state that enacts legislation like the one Texas has enacted, are not going to get well educated people to their state. They won't get business to come to their state and they will see people leave their state.

It's very telling, the consequences of passing such laws, people and business won't stand for it.

It's going to cause those red states to fall even farther behind.

From the study:

Data suggest:
  • Large majorities of top talent support abortion access and consider the issue part of gender equity in the workplace;
  • Two-thirds say the Texas ban would discourage them from working in the state;
  • 64% say they would not apply for a job in a state that passed a ban like Texas';
  • About half says they would consider moving out-of-state if their lawmakers
    passed a similar ban.

The college-educated workforce values abortion access and sees the issue as part of gender equity in the workplace.
Roughly eight in ten respondents (79%) do not want Roe v. Wade overturned. The same proportion (80%) feels access to abortion is an important part of women's rights and gender equity - 63% feel this strongly.
Respondents also connect abortion to other issues. Two-thirds (65%) would guess that states that protect abortion rights and access are more likely to have good health care, good-paying jobs, and a higher-quality of life v. those that ban or restrict abortion access (10%).

Majorities across segments say this law would discourage them from working in Texas:
  • Women (74%)
  • Men (58%)
  • Gen Z (73%)
  • Millennials (69%)
  • Black employees (60%)
  • Latino/a employees (64%)
  • AAPI employees (62%)
  • Recent graduates (67%)

You can read all of the findings of the study at the following link:

Good luck with that Texas and any state that passes the same anti abortion law.
Top Talent follows money.

Coyote, fncceo did an excellent job of pointing out your total ignorance and obvious obtuse attitude towards an actual innocent human being in its mother's womb. This is why I generally do not respond to you or engage in conversation with you.
Do you support the death penalty?

You seem to be making an argument that any non-judicial killing can be justified if we take away the awareness, anticipation, and fear of death.

There was another group of people who took the position that industrial scale slaughter of people was acceptable if the victims didn't know they were going to be killed.

They hid the method of execution from the victim until they were already dead, giving them a hope (however false) they they would continue to live if they just capitulated with their captors.
What is the difference between that and executing a person under the death penalty knowing full well the system is flawed and the person may be innocent? Is it acceptable because they are “probably” guilty of something instead?

What is the difference between that and executing a person under the death penalty knowing full well the system is flawed and the person may be innocent?

How many times has a non-convicted or non-executed murderer gone out to murder innocents again? Was that OK because the system is flawed and their victims probably deserved to die anyway?

Say what you want about capital punishment, it has a very low recidivist rate.

Forum List

Back