What exactly is wrong/broken with internet in the US? (Net Neutrality)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Seriously, why is there even a giant FCC ruling and political debate going on about the "freedom of the internet." There is nothing wrong with the fucking internet in the United States. Why on earth do we suddenly need a major government intervention where there is no problem?
The Internet in the US is bullshit. Overpriced, corporate, slow, and often unavailable at any decent speed or at all. Time to grow up, as usual, America.

And by the way, dick nose, the Internet here is just as fast or faster than most of the industrialized world.

Download Speed by Country Net Index from Ookla
Your numbers are worthless. On this we are number eight, and we invented the bloody thing: Where the internet zooms. - In Photos Countries With The Fastest Internet Speeds - Forbes

And #11 here: List of countries by Internet connection speeds - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Pathetic.

And on this, #13. Be proud: Where to Find the World s Fastest Internet Top 20 The Need for Speed - Bloomberg

Considering we are probably larger in size than all of the people above us combined, as well as far more de-centralized, it's impressive that we are that high on the list.

The South Koreans need all that bandwidth for StarCraft, nothing more.
Spin away...

Seriously, why is there even a giant FCC ruling and political debate going on about the "freedom of the internet." There is nothing wrong with the fucking internet in the United States. Why on earth do we suddenly need a major government intervention where there is no problem?
The Internet in the US is bullshit. Overpriced, corporate, slow, and often unavailable at any decent speed or at all. Time to grow up, as usual, America.

And by the way, dick nose, the Internet here is just as fast or faster than most of the industrialized world.

Your numbers are worthless. On this we are number eight, and we invented the bloody thing: Where the internet zooms. - In Photos Countries With The Fastest Internet Speeds - Forbes

And #11 here: List of countries by Internet connection speeds - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Pathetic.

And on this, #13. Be proud: Where to Find the World s Fastest Internet Top 20 The Need for Speed - Bloomberg

Considering we are probably larger in size than all of the people above us combined, as well as far more de-centralized, it's impressive that we are that high on the list.

Spin away...

it's not spin, it's engineering, distance, and materials. Smaller countries can have more people closer to larger nodes. Considering they also are newer when it comes to said networks, they do not have the legacy infrastructure that we currently use because it is perfectly acceptable, and still within its usable lifespan.

Our internet works just fine, the metrics you are yammering about are of interest to Otaku and other wire-geeks, nothing more.

Pathetic.

Spin away...

it's not spin, it's engineering, distance, and materials. Smaller countries can have more people closer to larger nodes. Considering they also are newer when it comes to said networks, they do not have the legacy infrastructure that we currently use because it is perfectly acceptable, and still within its usable lifespan.

Our internet works just fine, the metrics you are yammering about are of interest to Otaku and other wire-geeks, nothing more.
Our Internet is BS. We invented it and theirs is better than ours. That is a common problem with America. We invent it and everyone else does it better. That's known as stupidity.

Pathetic.

Spin away...

Our Internet is BS. We invented it and theirs is better than ours. That is a common problem with America. We invent it and everyone else does it better. That's known as stupidity.

you are only using one metric to define "better." and it's one that backs up your irrelevant rant about how much our internet sucks.

What can South Koreans do that we can't because their speed is faster?

Spin away...

you are only using one metric to define "better." and it's one that backs up your irrelevant rant about how much our internet sucks.

We'll never know now will we, because we don't have their speeds even though we invented it.

Spin away...

We'll never know now will we, because we don't have their speeds even though we invented it.

Honestly, find out what can be done on South Korean internet that cannot be done in the US due to the speed difference.

If there isn't your point, as usual, is invalid, and you can go kindly go fuck yourself.

OP- the internet needs to be protected from greedy idiot corporations, ie the GOP. And great internet costs at least 4x as much here as in Europe, dingbat dupes. Etc etc.

Faster internet is better in many ways. Look it up, IDIOT.

Spin away...

Honestly, find out what can be done on South Korean internet that cannot be done in the US due to the speed difference.

If there isn't your point, as usual, is invalid, and you can go kindly go fuck yourself.
Kindly STFU. I'm not interested in your apologist arguments for why Internet services in America suck when we invented the fucking thing. As usual, we come up with a great tool and other nations use it better than we do.

Kindly STFU. I'm not interested in your apologist arguments for why Internet services in America suck when we invented the fucking thing. As usual, we come up with a great tool that other nations use it better than we do.

How is ours worse because it's slower than South Korea's? What tangible benefit do they get for their higher speed? if you can't explain it, then you don't know it, and you display yourself as the idiot we all know your are.

Again, what can the South Korean's do with theirs that we can't do with ours?

OP- the internet needs to be protected from greedy idiot corporations, ie the GOP. And great internet costs at least 4x as much here as in Europe, dingbat dupes. Etc etc.

And the biggest idiot on the board shows up. Again, what can theirs do that ours can't do?

We can stream movies
We can play Online games
we can look at webpages
we can download huge games in a few hours (and that is usually self limited by the downloading source, not the lines themselves).
We can stream music
We can run teleconferences.

Find something that we can't do that the South Koreans can.

And the biggest idiot on the board shows up. Again, what can theirs do that ours can't do?

We can stream movies
We can play Online games
we can look at webpages
we can download huge games in a few hours (and that is usually self limited by the downloading source, not the lines themselves).
We can stream music

Get cheaper faster Internet, dummy.

I lived in South Korea uk Bulgaria and Belgium visited Romania and traveled around a bit. The USA Internet sucks and is slow and 6x over priced for better far faster service. The internet is broke. 70 US dollars in the uk for unlimited internet. I just moved back and for what I used in the uk I would be paying 250+. Phone was 60 US dollars and unlimited and I could actually download shit on my phone in the us I need wifi. Plus the phone in the us for me and my wife is close to 300 dollars for only 30 gigs a month plus some lge bullshit that slows it down. It is embarrassing how fucking slow the internet is in the us and how much they make you pay for slow shitty service. The best was in South Korea that shit was awesome and cheap like 50,000 won which is like 50 bucks.

I lived in South Korea uk Bulgaria and Belgium visited Romania and traveled around a bit. The USA Internet sucks and is slow and 6x over priced for better far faster service. The internet is broke. 70 US dollars in the uk for unlimited internet. I just moved back and for what I used in the uk I would be paying 250+. Phone was 60 US dollars and unlimited and I could actually download shit on my phone in the us I need wifi. Plus the phone in the us for me and my wife is close to 300 dollars for only 30 gigs a month plus some lge bullshit that slows it down. It is embarrassing how fucking slow the internet is in the us and how much they make you pay for slow shitty service. The best was in South Korea that shit was awesome and cheap like 50,000 won which is like 50 bucks.
Thanks for that, man of the world.

Appare

apparently Americans are used to slow shirty service and think their shit is fast. It is not and as I said it is way way over priced.

I never have those problems. Maybe you should move out of your trailer park and upgrade your 56k modem.
I have those problems ALL THE TIME here in Maine....and noooooooooooooo, the entire citizenry can not just simply move out of the State....

Pub dupes' ignorance/arrogance/hate is their only weapon...the world's laughngstock and horror...

Right now we pay for broadband with a flat fee for a certain speed.

With Net neutrality, it is my understanding that this would stay the same...?

And without Net Neutrality, Internet service providers are considering making us pay by usage, not the flat fees we all pay now....

So, someone who uses Nexflix and/ or streams movies, will be charged much much more for their service??

Am I understanding this correctly?????????????

Your own link says the US is 27th.

1. 109.40 Mbps
    Singapore

2. 98.11 Mbps
    Hong Kong

3. 97.78 Mbps
    South Korea

4. 68.02 Mbps
    Monaco

5. 64.18 Mbps
    Aland Islands

6. 63.16 Mbps
    Japan

7. 63.11 Mbps
    Romania

8. 55.00 Mbps
    Sweden

9. 47.18 Mbps
    Macau

10. 45.91 Mbps
    Lithuania

11. 45.85 Mbps
    Netherlands

12. 44.06 Mbps
    Denmark

13. 42.92 Mbps
    Taiwan

14. 42.86 Mbps
    Latvia

15. 42.67 Mbps
    Switzerland

16. 42.50 Mbps
    Republic of Moldova

17. 40.90 Mbps
    Iceland

18. 39.52 Mbps
    Estonia

19. 37.35 Mbps
    Jersey

20. 36.49 Mbps
    Andorra

21. 36.42 Mbps
    France

22. 36.33 Mbps
    Luxembourg

23. 35.80 Mbps
    Finland

24. 35.65 Mbps
    Norway

25. 34.33 Mbps
    Bulgaria

26. 33.24 Mbps
    Hungary

27. 33.23 Mbps
    United States

Your own link says the US is 27th.

1. 109.40 Mbps
    Singapore

2. 98.11 Mbps
    Hong Kong

3. 97.78 Mbps
    South Korea

4. 68.02 Mbps
    Monaco

5. 64.18 Mbps
    Aland Islands

6. 63.16 Mbps
    Japan

7. 63.11 Mbps
    Romania

8. 55.00 Mbps
    Sweden

9. 47.18 Mbps
    Macau

10. 45.91 Mbps
    Lithuania

11. 45.85 Mbps
    Netherlands

12. 44.06 Mbps
    Denmark

13. 42.92 Mbps
    Taiwan

14. 42.86 Mbps
    Latvia

15. 42.67 Mbps
    Switzerland

16. 42.50 Mbps
    Republic of Moldova

17. 40.90 Mbps
    Iceland

18. 39.52 Mbps
    Estonia

19. 37.35 Mbps
    Jersey

20. 36.49 Mbps
    Andorra

21. 36.42 Mbps
    France

22. 36.33 Mbps
    Luxembourg

23. 35.80 Mbps
    Finland

24. 35.65 Mbps
    Norway

25. 34.33 Mbps
    Bulgaria

26. 33.24 Mbps
    Hungary

27. 33.23 Mbps
    United States
WOW!

We are slow as a turtle, especially for being the supposed number 1 / best country in the world.... Holy Moly we are slowwwww in comparison to the country with the fastest internet.

We can stream movies
We can play Online games
we can look at webpages
We can stream music

Get cheaper faster Internet, dummy.

and again, how does that faster internet help them compared to our internet?

Forum List

Back