What gives us the right?

Actually if gay men are getting married they can become parents of neglected children.

not just neglected children but any child up for adoption

however that does not add to the population

It takes care of the population we have.

Like I said before, having the government push gay people to marry women in order to increase the population is crazy. Talk about a massive overreach of government power.

Do you really think that a child with two daddys or two mommys is going to grow up well adjusted?

I have seen it with my own eyes. Do you find it difficult to hide the fact that you are a bigot? Are you "well adjusted"?

All this love for Russian authoritarianism, Ronald Reagan would be ashamed of all of you.

You totally missed the point.

I totally get the point, you guys hate gays more than you hate Russian tyrants who persecute them for sport.

wrong again, I have gay friends and relatives, I love and respect every one of them. I think their lifestyle is wrong, but that does not change my love and respect for them.

I don't know why the topic is so difficult for you liberals. We are trying to make a poliical statement about gays at the olympics, but we are silent about the persecution of gays in muslim countries and the persecution of Christians in muslim countries

At least Russia is being consistent. we are not.

No, he's asking what gives us the right to. We who ignore the persecution of certain groups and whine about the persecution of others.

Then what denies us that right? Or, what should deny us that right?

Just to be clear, the only 'action' here has been some vocal advocacy for gay rights.

You answer a question with a question I see. Let me spell it out for you as simply as I can. We ignore the human rights violations that we want to, and promote the ones we want to. That kind of hypocrisy denies us the right to police others.

Really? So you're a hypocrite for supporting gun rights but opposing abortion rights?

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

Isn't unusual that the US dictates social policies onto other countries. Do it with drug law policy and age of sexual consent too. We get away with it because the US is mor eor less in charge of the entire planet via finance. It's our way, or we'll bankrupt your country in effect. So we make treaties where othe rcountries pledge to adopt our way of doing certain things or else. It's why one of the South American countries got in such hot water when they legalized marijuana. They'd signed a drug policy treaty with the US and broke that treaty by making pot legal.

That we're 'encouraging' other countries to accept our progressive opinions on homosexuality is just more of this kind of strong-arming. In the case of homosexuality though it's the fair and right thing to do. Minus religious objection, there's no secular justification to outlaw homosexuality or homosexual marriage.

So what gives us the right to do this...

...as the President described at the recent prayer breakfast?

"It is not always comfortable to do, but it is right. When I meet with Chinese leaders -- and we do a lot of business with the Chinese, and that relationship is extraordinarily important not just to our two countries but to the world -- but I stress that realizing China’s potential rests on upholding universal rights, including for Christians, and Tibetan Buddhists, and Uighur Muslims."

I guess Redfish is a hypocrite for not starting a thread complaining about that.

It takes care of the population we have.

Like I said before, having the government push gay people to marry women in order to increase the population is crazy. Talk about a massive overreach of government power.

Do you really think that a child with two daddys or two mommys is going to grow up well adjusted?

I have seen it with my own eyes. Do you find it difficult to hide the fact that you are a bigot? Are you "well adjusted"?

Very well adjusted, thanks for asking.

Believing that homosexuality is an aberation of the human condition does not make one a bigot. Discrimionating against them makes one a bigot. We need to deal with reality and stop making decisions based on feeeeeeeeeeeelings and emooooooootion.

I have also seen the results of two mommys, a little boy raised by two women has a very difficult time becoming a normal male, same with a little girl raised by two men. In some cases it may work, but in the majority the result will be a very confused adult.

You totally missed the point.

I totally get the point, you guys hate gays more than you hate Russian tyrants who persecute them for sport.

wrong again, I have gay friends and relatives, I love and respect every one of them. I think their lifestyle is wrong, but that does not change my love and respect for them.

I don't know why the topic is so difficult for you liberals. We are trying to make a poliical statement about gays at the olympics, but we are silent about the persecution of gays in muslim countries and the persecution of Christians in muslim countries

You didn't have any problem with Phil Robertson badmouthing homosexuals, in fact, you claimed it was his RIGHT.

Now, suddenly, any criticism of the Russians for persecuting homosexuals is NOT ANYONE"S RIGHT.

Explain to us how one is a right and the other isn't.

"It is not always comfortable to do, but it is right. When I meet with Chinese leaders -- and we do a lot of business with the Chinese, and that relationship is extraordinarily important not just to our two countries but to the world -- but I stress that realizing China’s potential rests on upholding universal rights, including for Christians, and Tibetan Buddhists, and Uighur Muslims."

I guess Redfish is a hypocrite for not starting a thread complaining about that.

why? I agree with what he said, except the part about it being our right, it may be our desire, but its not our right. He was not advocating that we make a spectacle about it at an athletic event.

Believing that homosexuality is an aberation of the human condition does not make one a bigot. Discrimionating against them makes one a bigot. We need to deal with reality and stop making decisions based on feeeeeeeeeeeelings and emooooooootion.

I have also seen the results of two mommys, a little boy raised by two women has a very difficult time becoming a normal male, same with a little girl raised by two men. In some cases it may work, but in the majority the result will be a very confused adult.

How can homosexuality be an aberration when homosexuals do nothing other than engage in sexual activity that is also commonly engaged in by heterosexuals?

You didn't have any problem with Phil Robertson badmouthing homosexuals, in fact, you claimed it was his RIGHT.

Now, suddenly, any criticism of the Russians for persecuting homosexuals is NOT ANYONE"S RIGHT.

Robertson was inside the USA exercising his first amendment rights. The US constitution does not apply outside the USA.

Its a simple distinction, maybe even you can get it.

why? I agree with what he said, except the part about it being our right, it may be our desire, but its not our right. He was not advocating that we make a spectacle about it at an athletic event.

What do you think rights are? Or aren't?

How can homosexuality be an aberration when homosexuals do nothing other than engage in sexual activity that is also commonly engaged in by heterosexuals?

Lets see now, a man and an woman can engage in mutual cunilingus, a man and a woman can engage in mutual fellatio?

two woman can engage in anal intercourse?

did you skip your high school biology classes?

the rights of citizens are defined in the constitution or governing documents of the country they live in. Those rights do not apply outside that country.

Do you think the american 2nd amendment applies in the UK?

Robertson was inside the USA exercising his first amendment rights. The US constitution does not apply outside the USA.

Its a simple distinction, maybe even you can get it.

So you've changed your view, temporarily I suspect, on the idea of rights?

Now you believe that rights only exist when a government gives you those rights.

The OP is indeed a hypocrite for not complaining about this.

The hostility of most conservatives toward the human and civil rights of homosexuals is well-documented, the OP is yet another example.

Nothing. Russia is well known for human rights abuses and this issue is no different.

Just be glad you live in the US where we have the constitutionally guaranteed equality for all of us. Be grateful that your own country fights for equality, where diversity is welcomed and celebrated and where no one would ever believe they have the right to impose heterosexuality on anyone.

Bullshit.

While I agree that individuals have a right to be homosexuals let's not forget that American Hero Edward Snowden was forced to seek asylum there because he objected to the abuses being perpetrated by the welfare/warfare police state.

Let's also not forget that we have more prisoners --2,400,000 - than any other country on the face of mother earth.

Let's also not forget that not too long ago the federales incinerated ALIVE 92 Davidians.

So our Constitutional rights have gone with the wind.

the rights of citizens are defined in the constitution or governing documents of the country they live in. Those rights do not apply outside that country.

Do you think the american 2nd amendment applies in the UK?

So we are not endowed by our Creator with rights, we do not have natural rights,

we only have the rights that our various governments say we do within those jurisdictions?

There are Natural Rights which transcend even those "rights" listed in the US Constitution. Every person in every country and every culture is allowed these Natural Rights.

Homosexuals and lesbians, regardless of their country of origin, have the Natural Right to be who they are without being vilified or even killed by psychotic, dogmatic, misguided, religious fundamentalists.

When religious talking monkeys rant about the "sanctity of traditional marriage", they need to consider the 24-hr drive-thru wedding chapels in Las Vegas. Traditional marriage in the US is as sacred as a cheeseburger, so why do religious nutjobs keep spouting off about it?

The OP is indeed a hypocrite for not complaining about this.

The hostility of most conservatives toward the human and civil rights of homosexuals is well-documented, the OP is yet another example.

That is pretty much the only point of value to derive from this thread, i.e., how pervasive and deep among conservatives is the hatred of homosexuality.

Forum List

Back