🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What goes around, comes around.

He has dual Citizenship.
He said yesterday that he would renounce his Canadian Citizenship, even though he never claimed Canadian Citizenship.
When you are born in another country with one parent being a U.S. Citizen, you become a U.S. Citizen.
US State Department Services Dual Nationality
It is the same thing with President Obama, his mother was an American Citizen so that made him eligible to be President even if he had been born in Kenya, which he never was.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Gotta be born in the USA, methinks.

The exceptions were merely for those alive during the signing of the Constitution.

Now if Cruz was born in Canada in 1789, he is eligible to run for POTUS..otherwise I don't think so.
The constitution does not explain the meaning of natural born.

It appears the simplest definition of natural born is the correct one, a citizens who did not go through the naturalization process to become a citizen; that is, they are citizens because one or both both parents were US citizens regardless of where they were born or they were born in the US or US territory regardless of the citizenship status of the parents.

Last edited:
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

The exceptions were merely for those alive during the signing of the Constitution.

Now if Cruz was born in Canada in 1789, he is eligible to run for POTUS..otherwise I don't think so.

It appears the simplest definition of natural born is the correct one, a citizens who did not go through the naturalization process to become a citizen; that is, they are citizens because one or both both parents were US citizens regardless of where they were born or they were born in the US or US territory regardless of the citizenship status of the parents.

^ not half bad.

:clap:

Cruz is a natural born citizen and technically eligible to be president provided his parents were married and his mother lived in the US for the required period of time before his birth:

Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Of course, being a conservative republican in of itself renders Cruz ineligible to be president, regardless his citizenship status.

You have conclusively demonstrated why you are not qualified to discuss equal rights, you don't believe in them.

So leftists start the Obama Birther controversy and now they are starting another one.

Joy.

Don't care

Correct.

My sister was born in Japan but she's a "natural born citizen" because both parents were American citizens. As a civics lesson in high school, her teacher guided her through the process of having the State Department certify her eligibility to be President.

This is also why the birther argument against Obama was silly unless there was concrete proof that his mother did NOT elect to file the documentation with the Embassy or Consulate.

Last edited:
Barack Hussein Soetoro was born in Kenya to a Kenyan father, according to the legend.

If so, then a LOT of shit had to be true for his mom's US citizenship to make him an American.

But Cubans owe no allegiance to Canada.

Americans born to Americans are American. Or sumpin like that. :lol:

Anyway, who gives a shit? Barry was born in Hawaii.

And Cruz' mommy was a Yankee. So, he is too.

"According to the Legend"?

How do you know Cubans owe no allegiance to Canada. Surely Sen. Cruz's father might have since he was given - we must assume - a visa to work there.

"Who gives a shit?", well Donald Trump for one and as I recall a number of those who ran for the GOP nomination in '08 and '12 seemed to cosy up to the 'birther' base. I don't recall anyone of them stating Obama was a natural born citizen.

:lol:

The Canadian national anthem makes FREQUENT references to the allegiance it owes to Cuba and vice versa.

Your delusions are getting more bizarre, Wry. I think that all your glue huffing is really not working for you.

Your ad hominem answers are getting less and less creative. Maybe you're not LIEability the guy who welched on a bet and are simply channeling CrusaderFrank, the king of the idiotgram.

So leftists start the Obama Birther controversy and now they are starting another one.

Joy.

Don't care

Now you suggest Sarah Palin is a "leftist"? Did she catch it while sitting on her porch?

Or was it Michelle Bachmann, or one of the either nuts on your side of the aisle.

Last edited:
Republican activists and insipid posters on this message board, both known as "birthers" will be happy to see that one of the front runners for the GOP was born in Canada to a Cuban father and an American mother.

Senator Cruz releases birth certificate amid talk of presidential run

I will expect "birthers" will find Cruz to be ineligible to serve as POTUS.

He will just give up his Canada citizenship, IF duel citizenship is the problem ,Obama was once a citizen of Indonesia when his step father adopted him so go ahead and stop cruz. DEMS dont have a leg to stand on

Joy.

Don't care

Now you suggest Sarah Palin is a "leftist"? Did she catch it while sitting on her porch?

Or was it Michelle Bachmann, or one of the either nuts on your side of the aisle.

So you're saying it wasn't started by the Clinton campaign?

Born in Canada, to a Cuban father, and an American mom, and it's the mom's nationality that counts most? That's insane. They stayed in Canada four years after his birth too. They clearly planned on staying there, and then circumstances changed, and then they went back to America. Has the proper paperwork been filled out? This is a real scandal, the taint of illegitimacy will be real.

There is no way at the time of his birth he could legally be considered a natural-born US citizen, like Obama was when he was born in Hawaii.

"According to the Legend"?

How do you know Cubans owe no allegiance to Canada. Surely Sen. Cruz's father might have since he was given - we must assume - a visa to work there.

"Who gives a shit?", well Donald Trump for one and as I recall a number of those who ran for the GOP nomination in '08 and '12 seemed to cosy up to the 'birther' base. I don't recall anyone of them stating Obama was a natural born citizen.

The Canadian national anthem makes FREQUENT references to the allegiance it owes to Cuba and vice versa.

Your delusions are getting more bizarre, Wry. I think that all your glue huffing is really not working for you.

Your ad hominem answers are getting less and less creative. Maybe you're not LIEability the guy who welched on a bet and are simply channeling CrusaderFrank, the king of the idiotgram.
If only one parent is a citizen the child will be a citizen by birth and I believe the courts would consider her natural born.

Although the requirements for citizenship by birth are quite clear and specific, people create all kinds rules with regard citizenship. In the case of Cruz and Obama, they are both US citizens. Both are qualified for the presidency by birth. It Osama Bin Laden had a child by a US citizens, that child would be qualified to run for the presidency.

Last edited:
Born in Canada, to a Cuban father, and an American mom, and it's the mom's nationality that counts most? That's insane. They stayed in Canada four years after his birth too. They clearly planned on staying there, and then circumstances changed, and then they went back to America. Has the proper paperwork been filled out? This is a real scandal, the taint of illegitimacy will be real.

There is no way at the time of his birth he could legally be considered a natural-born US citizen, like Obama was when he was born in Hawaii.
Although the constitution does not define natural born citizen, I think he meets the qualifications in regard to the constitution because he is a citizen by birth. I doubt seriously that he will meet the voters qualifications.

Last edited:
Republican activists and insipid posters on this message board, both known as "birthers" will be happy to see that one of the front runners for the GOP was born in Canada to a Cuban father and an American mother.

He had dual citizenship from birth, so he is also an American citizen. What is your point?

Obama took forever to release his birth certificate and when he did, it was shown to be a unprofessional copy.

More disturbing was his selective service registration, which is clearly a fake. Does he not have the originals? Why the obvious fakes?

He had dual citizenship from birth, so he is also an American citizen. What is your point?

Obama took forever to release his birth certificate and when he did, it was shown to be a unprofessional copy.

More disturbing was his selective service registration, which is clearly a fake. Does he not have the originals? Why the obvious fakes?

This "dual citizenship" claim is dubious. His dad is Cuban, he's born in Canada, but his mom is American, so he's also American? Wha??? It makes no sense. He's Canadian. He doesn't have the proper paperwork either, from when his parents FINALLY got around to getting this supposedly "natural born" American kid to America four years later.

In the unlikely event that he does win, he will not be legitimate.

Barack Hussein Soetoro was born in Kenya to a Kenyan father, according to the legend.

If so, then a LOT of shit had to be true for his mom's US citizenship to make him an American.

But Cubans owe no allegiance to Canada.

Americans born to Americans are American. Or sumpin like that. :lol:

Anyway, who gives a shit? Barry was born in Hawaii.

And Cruz' mommy was a Yankee. So, he is too.

Legend????

We showed you ours and it wasn't even a Constitutional issue. How about showing us Sotoro's school records and a real BC?

This "dual citizenship" claim is dubious. His dad is Cuban, he's born in Canada, but his mom is American, so he's also American? Wha??? It makes no sense. He's Canadian. He doesn't have the proper paperwork either, from when his parents FINALLY got around to getting this supposedly "natural born" American kid to America four years later.

In the unlikely event that he does win, he will not be legitimate.

You know that you've made yourself just another predictable, hyper-partisan hack, right? You realize that you are just rdean lite at this point, right?

Forum List

Back