What happens if Trump is convicted?

A question for democrats. What do you think happens if you convict Trump? Im talking about AFTER you all come here and laugh about it, and you throw it in our faces, what do you think happens next? Have any of you considered what the conservative response will be?

Conservatives will be enraged. I know you will love that part of it (at first), but have you considered how we will use our rage? No conservative politician will be elected if they arent 100% onboard with getting revenge. That will be the one and only qualification that we will want, and thats why our politicians will do it. Its that or lose their seat.

I'll tell you my personal thoughts, and i promise that most conservatives will agree with the following. Im not going to list all the fucked up shit that democrats have done to Trump for the last 6 years. We all know its an endless list of awfulness. I will want the exact same stuff done to your party, but 10 times worse. I wont care about ethics or the law anymore, just like democrats dont care about it.

If by some miracle your party is able to thwart all of the fucked up shit that we attempt, what do you think our response will be THEN? Do you really think that half the nation is going to want to play anymore if the game is rigged against them? I assure you they will not. States will secede if the game is rigged for much longer. Once Texas goes, others will follow and then our great nation will come to an end.

You crossed the line one too many times and you did it with glee. You will reap the whirlwind for that. Dont kid yourself into thinking otherwise. Your party is leading our nation to a bad place.
Well, you certainly made it clear what sort of Republican you are. Dems and Independent anti-Trumpers never talk like this — because we do care about civic ethics and the law. We are infinitely better citizens and far more rational and responsible people than you & Trump MAGA folk are.

You and other Trump cultists want vengeance? multiplied ten times? You “won’t care about ethics or the law anymore”? You are willing to do “fucked up shit”? All because a billionaire born-with-a-silver-spoon-in-his-mouth fat New York conman, a criminal demagogue gets convicted by a court somewhere?

Maybe there are some crazy Texans and Southerners who do dream again of secession. But what will they do to Democratic voters in Texas? Exile them? Kill them? Are we supposed to worry some crazy Trump cultist will kill the prosecutor in Georgia if Trump gets convicted? She is already concerned about that I assure you — but she is brave enough to act anyway. I’m sure even now there is some crazy Trumpster dreaming of starting a race war in Georgia, some sort of Charles Mason like apocalyptic “Helter-Skelter.”

The question is not “What will happen?” because on our side what will happen is the law will run its course. The question is only what crazy fascists or manic Trump cultists can and will do.

We know that Trump supporters have been stockpiling guns for years and openly waiting for an opportunity to use them … against “demonrats” I suppose. I am confident that those who start shit will find out their enemies are not defenseless after all.

Liberal democracy in the U.S. will not so easily be destroyed by violent political crazies. Just as — despite the rightwing’s fears — ordinary criminals and drug gangs will never “destroy America.” Even Wall Street and big money groups will oppose all this nonsense. Our country is not that far gone. Not yet, anyway.

Don’t try to blame regular anti-Trump citizens for causing you to speak and think the way you do — in panic mode — or for making anybody act out their terrorist / fascist impulses either.

We have heard these threats of secession and civil war much more frequently since Donald Trump came on the scene! The big threat to our country remains that Trump wins the 2024 election and uses federal state power to undermine our institutional safeguards.

And while Trump may be prosecuted by law for crimes he committed, the final “verdict” on Trumpism will not arrive at least until 2024.

We who believe in our nation and country and rule of law, who believe in protecting voting rights and the Republic and the Constitution are not like Trump cultists or authoritarian populists.

But you are still our fellow citizens. And unless you break laws and are convicted … you have all the rights of fellow citizens. Don’t break them. Come back to reason and sanity!

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone knows for sure, but my educated guess is no jail time, but even that I’m not sure about

Oh for fucks sake. There might have been 50 people who thought they were doing something, and thats a stretch. There are 330 million people in this country. Almost half of them consider themselves Republicans. So you’ve accounted for .0000000001% of them. The other 99.999999999% arent doing anything.

Naw.
Won't happen.
You all will piss and moan and whine and have your little selective outrage tantrum and then you'll go back to sleep and wait like the good little sheeple that you are for your next cult leader to follow....and tell you how to think, what to say, what to do.
Meanwhile Dems will be busy making our country a better place.
Thats a childish post. You made the country extremely divided. Im not sure why you think your party is going to be safe.

we already saw the round-ups, after Jan. 6th, the innocent thrown in solitary confinement before a trail, for months, with no bail!
That was just practice

Wait until you see what we do with MAGA riots

A question for democrats. What do you think happens if you convict Trump? Im talking about AFTER you all come here and laugh about it, and you throw it in our faces, what do you think happens next? Have any of you considered what the conservative response will be?

Conservatives will be enraged. I know you will love that part of it (at first), but have you considered how we will use our rage? No conservative politician will be elected if they arent 100% onboard with getting revenge. That will be the one and only qualification that we will want, and thats why our politicians will do it. Its that or lose their seat.

I'll tell you my personal thoughts, and i promise that most conservatives will agree with the following. Im not going to list all the fucked up shit that democrats have done to Trump for the last 6 years. We all know its an endless list of awfulness. I will want the exact same stuff done to your party, but 10 times worse. I wont care about ethics or the law anymore, just like democrats dont care about it.

If by some miracle your party is able to thwart all of the fucked up shit that we attempt, what do you think our response will be THEN? Do you really think that half the nation is going to want to play anymore if the game is rigged against them? I assure you they will not. States will secede if the game is rigged for much longer. Once Texas goes, others will follow and then our great nation will come to an end.

You crossed the line one too many times and you did it with glee. You will reap the whirlwind for that. Dont kid yourself into thinking otherwise. Your party is leading our nation to a bad place.
First off... Democrats have nothing to do with this despite what your media bubble has sold you...

There is evidence of trump committing crimes... This is the legal system. We will have a trial where the evidence will be presented and he will be judge by his peers. If convicted it means by the US Constitution that he is a criminal.
Your question should be, why did Trump commit multiple crimes and why do you keep supporting him...

Also real Conservatives support law and order and the US Constitution, they are corner stones of conservative values. There is many people who call themselves 'conservatives' but don't believe in conservative values...

But the attacks on Garland are totally unfounded... His sworn duty is uphold the law, you want him to break that oath for Trump. Smith is not a judges, he looks at the evidence and see can a case be made. It is there job. He presented that to the a Grand Jury and they recommended a prosecution. Did you want them to ignore that? What would be saying if they ignored the same recommendation if it was a leading Democrat?

The problem you have is that Joe Biden appointed top professionals to do a job. that do that job faithfully and it annoys you that they are targeting Trump for breaking the law... Why aren't you again asking, why did Trump break the law?

Oh for fucks sake. There might have been 50 people who thought they were doing something, and thats a stretch. There are 330 million people in this country. Almost half of them consider themselves Republicans. So you’ve accounted for .0000000001% of them. The other 99.999999999% arent doing anything.

No they don't. Among registered voters, less than 30% are republicans.

I think you people will whine and cry much like you are now.
You will shriek and threaten.
You will nominate only those who threaten revenge and they will lose.
Some of you will try violence and will be killed or imprisoned.

Meanwhile the world will celebrate the demise of Trumpism and go on as if you never existed.
The picture that your painting would ensure the dissolution of the United States.

I'm prepared. I have earplugs to blot out the incessant whining.

That's what's coming. Whining, a spattering of violence as those MAGA faithful hopped up on jihad commit suicide by cop.

And then a hiring rush at Jiffy Lube.

Well, you certainly made it clear what sort of Republican you are. Dems and Independent anti-Trumpers never talk like this — because we do care about civic ethics and the law. We are infinitely better citizens and far more rational and responsible people than you & Trump MAGA folk are.

You and other Trump cultists want vengeance? multiplied ten times? You “won’t care about ethics or the law anymore”? You are willing to do “fucked up shit”? All because a billionaire born-with-a-silver-spoon-in-his-mouth fat New York conman, a criminal demagogue gets convicted by a court somewhere?

Maybe there are some crazy Texans and Southerners who do dream again of secession. But what will they do to Democratic voters in Texas? Exile them? Kill them? Are we supposed to worry some crazy Trump cultist will kill the prosecutor in Georgia if Trump gets convicted? She is already concerned about that I assure you — but she is brave enough to act anyway. I’m sure even now there is some crazy Trumpster dreaming of starting a race war in Georgia, some sort of Charles Mason like apocalyptic “Helter-Skelter.”

The question is not “What will happen?” because on our side what will happen is the law will run its course. The question is only what crazy fascists or manic Trump cultists can and will do.

We know that Trump supporters have been stockpiling guns for years and openly waiting for an opportunity to use them … against “demonrats” I suppose. I am confident that those who start shit will find out their enemies are not defenseless after all.

Liberal democracy in the U.S. will not so easily be destroyed by violent political crazies. Just as — despite the rightwing’s fears — ordinary criminals and drug gangs will never “destroy America.” Even Wall Street and big money groups will oppose all this nonsense. Our country is not that far gone. Not yet, anyway.

Don’t try to blame regular anti-Trump citizens for causing you to speak and think the way you do — in panic mode — or for making anybody act out their terrorist / fascist impulses either.

We have heard these threats of secession and civil war much more frequently since Donald Trump came on the scene! The big threat to our country remains that Trump wins the 2024 election and uses federal state power to undermine our institutional safeguards.

And while Trump may be prosecuted by law for crimes he committed, the final “verdict” on Trumpism will not arrive at least until 2024.

We who believe in our nation and country and rule of law, who believe in protecting voting rights and the Republic and the Constitution are not like Trump cultists or authoritarian populists.

But you are still our fellow citizens. And until or unless you break the law … you have all the rights of a fellow citizen. Don’t break them. Come back to reason and sanity!
You do not care about ethics and the law. None of you do. Democrats defend Joe Biden for fuck sake. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back