What Harvard educated expert on the economy and jobs said this?

" When the rungs on the ladder of opportunity grow farther and farther apart, it undermines the very essence of America,....."

Whereupon he packed for Martha's Vineyard in search for ideas to expand the middle class.

Obama Focuses on Economy, Vowing to Help Middle Class 07/25 by Its Your Gavel liberal talk | Politics Progressive Podcasts

Obama is hardly an expert on jobs and the economy. I mean other than knowing how to screw up both of them.
But the metaphor is nonsensical. What does it mean? Someone working min wage, what is the next rung? CEO? No, it's whatever is above min wage. It is typical of Obama, who never worked a day in his life, that he think only in terms of titles and the like.

" When the rungs on the ladder of opportunity grow farther and farther apart, it undermines the very essence of America,....."

Whereupon he packed for Martha's Vineyard in search for ideas to expand the middle class.

Obama Focuses on Economy, Vowing to Help Middle Class 07/25 by Its Your Gavel liberal talk | Politics Progressive Podcasts

And the Republican plan was to vote into office a "Pioneer of Outsourcing", "Trickle down", "Tax cuts for billionaires", "cut education".

And they cry about Obama. Jesus, protect us from your followers.

And the Republican plan was to vote into office a "Pioneer of Outsourcing", "Trickle down", "Tax cuts for billionaires", "cut education".

And Obama's record has been, what exactly? Yeah worst recovery on record. A 3 balled goat could do a abetter job.

And Obama's record has been, what exactly? Yeah worst recovery on record. A 3 balled goat could do a abetter job.

can't say i've seen a 3 balled goat but growing up on a dairy I seen a lot of 5th and 6th titted cows. :D

Amazing how those billionaires have convinced less fortunate folks to fight for the destruction of the middle class. Without help, we're headed for being a third world nation/banana republic.

Record number of filibusters. Being given the economy in nearly a hundred years. Two wars. Bush tax cuts that he was even blackmailed into extending.

Ahh, how easy they forget.

As usual I find it humorous how many of you actually believe government is the main cause of good, bad, or indifferent economies. If anything, the Fed has much more influence than the president or Congress, but even the Fed can't change certain economic realities.

Anyone who thinks our best days are behind us is a fool. We are just in a down cycle, but we're slowly coming out of it. Once it does break lose, we are going to see a long period of economic growth again, but it won't be due to anything Obama or Congress does, or then next president as far as that goes. In 2016, we could elect Republicans or Democrats across the board, and it won't change a thing. The economy will be back on it's feet and going strong within a few years regardless.

As usual I find it humorous how many of you actually believe government is the main cause of good, bad, or indifferent economies. If anything, the Fed has much more influence than the president or Congress, but even the Fed can't change certain economic realities.

Anyone who thinks our best days are behind us is a fool. We are just in a down cycle, but we're slowly coming out of it. Once it does break lose, we are going to see a long period of economic growth again, but it won't be due to anything Obama or Congress does, or then next president as far as that goes. In 2016, we could elect Republicans or Democrats across the board, and it won't change a thing. The economy will be back on it's feet and going strong within a few years regardless.

Another believer that bad gov't policies have no effect. That has been disproven many many times.

and your boy king did wonders halting outsourcing, trickle up poverty........

Our best days ended in 2008 we became fucked when the majority found out how to vote for free (they think) stuff.

Record number of filibusters. Being given the economy in nearly a hundred years. Two wars. Bush tax cuts that he was even blackmailed into extending.

Ahh, how easy they forget.

Rdean rummaging though her wastebasket of used ideas....

I'm not sure I dispute the metaphor about the rungs on the ladder to success, but regardless, it is clear that neither Barry nor anyone else in a responsible position in his administration has any clue about how the process works for normal, working class people who are actually doing their best to advance themselves.

A minimum wage job is not a "caste" in our economic system. No one is condemned to reside their for all of their working lives. There are thousands of millionaires who started their working careers at McDonald's (or some other horrible minimum-wage job), and in fact if you examine the data closely (and without trying to prove some point that justifies envy of the successful), you will see that the vast, vast, majority of people who are in the infamous Bottom Quintile, have vacated it within a few short years, and ultimately are in one of the top two quintiles - which is America's promise to the working class. My first jobs out of the Army were as a security guard at a dime or so above the minimum wage. I paid for college with the help of the GI bill, got through law school with no help from anyone, and am now earning a six-figure income. My wife went through about the same process (without law school), and she makes more than I do. This is the way it is supposed to work.

But Barry and his cronies have never gone through this process, and don't understand how it works. They always talk about the "hard working people" at the bottom of the pile. I have some news for them. The real Hard Working People are not earning minimum wage for long. They have found better jobs or started companies of their own, and are doing fine, thank you very much.

So the solutions coming out of this Adminstration are limited to: hiring and keeping as many government employees as possible, at every level; Government handouts to people at the bottom of the pile; government-sponsored education programs that mainly go to perpetuate the growth of the already-corpulent Education System; and more government regulations to stifle real economic activity in the name of protecting us from something.

In short: They do not have a clue. Which is why this is the weakest "recovery" in the history of the American economy. The accelerated job growth that heretofore has ALWAYS followed a recession has simply not happened. Barry's Administration has created twice as many foodstamp recipients as it has jobs. Nice record, eh? It may not be Barry's fault (he is largely just being tossed about by events that he does not even comprehend), but clearly it is time for someone else to take over.

DISCLAIMER: Re-reading my previous post, it appears I have forgotten about the millions of real "hard working people" who have lost their jobs, been demoted, or forced into retirement through no fault of their own, and are looking in vain for some re-entry into the economic mainstream.

I am very much aware. Sorry.

But still, if we had competent leadership out of Washington, things would be picking up, and they are not.

Forum List

Back