What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The really pathetic thing about conservatives is that back in 1988, most of these folks were all for Bush Sr. and his “kinder, gentler nation”. And in 2000, they were for his son’s “more humble place in the world”. Today they are sponsoring ripping kids from their parents for no reason except for wholesale cruelty.

See, that's the one thing about us Republicans, we learn as we go along.

No…

You just become meaner, forgetting why America was exceptional in the first place. Also forgetting that there is a difference between being strong and being tough.

There is also a difference between being a sucker and being strong; a difference between being used and being tough.

Now if you can show me how being "nice" has worked out, I'll be glad to debate you on that subject. Don't get me wrong, I understand your empathy, I can relate. It's the way I feel when I see a skinny stray cat in my yard. I'm tempted to get some lunchmeat and let the animal have a party, but in doing so, I'd be adopting a cat because the damn thing will never leave, and likely mate or draw more stays to my property. So it really kills me not to feed the poor animal.

But we have a country of our own to take care of. When all our problems are solved, then we are ready to take on world problems.

...BTW, it's not illegal to arrive at the border and present yourself as an asylum seeker...
True. But it's illegal to CROSS the border and then to plead asylum afterwards... which is what most of your Beaner Buddies do anyway.

Both happens, it apparently doesn't matter we're ripping both apart. We shouldn't be doing it at all ya' racist pos.

...BTW, it's not illegal to arrive at the border and present yourself as an asylum seeker...
True. But it's illegal to CROSS the border and then to plead asylum afterwards... which is what most of your Beaner Buddies do anyway.

Both happens, it apparently doesn't matter we're ripping both apart...
Both do indeed happen. Trouble for you is, for every legitimate asylum request, another 99 are bull$hit, and now they're being viewed OFFICIALLY as bull$hit.

Ahhhhhh... life is good.

...We shouldn't be doing it at all ya' racist pos.
Says you, little LibTard Snowflake... the Hypersensitive Wigger Complaint Department is down the hall, 13th door on the Left.

Both happens, it apparently doesn't matter we're ripping both apart...
Both do indeed happen. Trouble for you is, for every legitimate asylum request, another 99 are bull$hit, and now they're being viewed OFFICIALLY as bull$hit.

Recently a so called caravan of people reached our southern border in need of help. Whether we choose to help them or not is one thing, treating them like cattle is something else. Separating families, whether they seek asylum or cross the border illegally is inhumane and unnecessary. Illegal immigration right now is at a low and to be honest we actually need more immigration in this country not less as our population ages and we have fewer in our workforce.

Ahhhhhh... life is good.

...We shouldn't be doing it at all ya' racist pos.
Says you, little LibTard Snowflake... the Hypersensitive Wigger Complaint Department is down the hall, 13th door on the Left.

I'm not the one who is afraid of immigration, pussy.

An animal? Yep, you guys love to treat other humans as 'animals'.

BTW, it's not illegal to arrive at the border and present yourself as an asylum seeker, putz.

They can also do that at the US Consulate in Mexico City, dipshit. People who cross into the US illegally are no different than wild dogs.

I suppose, but why does it matter if it's legal either way?

Dipshit, seeking asylum at the border is not crossing it illegally.

And even those who do try to cross illegally, they aren't dogs, they are still people and should be treated as such, especially in our justice system it's what separates the United States from the likes of Cuba, China, Saudi Arabia and others.

They are not people. They are goddamn animals. If they were people they would respect borders and laws. They would obtain the proper legal paperwork and go to a legal Port of Entry where they would ask for permission to enter our country. They are fucking animals that pay no attention to such things. I don't know what the purpose is of the radical fascist leftist in this country who are trying to undermine our borders, but it can't be good. Maybe you can tell us.

They would obtain the proper legal paperwork and go to a legal Port of Entry where they would ask for permission to enter our country. They are fucking animals that pay no attention to such things.

The Trump admin is separating even those asylum seekers who appear at a port of entry.
There is no crime in applying for asylum. It is a legal process.

ACLU: Trump administration forcibly separating asylum-seekers from their children

A mother and her 7-year-old daughter escaping persecution and "near certain death" by fleeing the Democratic Republic of Congohave been separated for nearly four months, according to a legal complaint filed today by the ACLU.

Referred to in the case as "Ms. L" and "S.S.," the mother and daughter arrived in San Ysidro, California, Nov. 1. They told border guards they were seeking asylum, according to the court documents. Ms. L passed what's called a "credible fear interview," where an officer determined she and S.S. had a "significant possibility of ultimately receiving asylum."

Like many asylum-seekers, the two were detained while their application was processed. Under longstanding policy, families typically are kept intact at detention centers or released with a court date.

But just four days after arriving in the U.S., Ms. L was sent to Otay Mesa Detention Center in San Diego County while S.S. was ripped away from her and flown to another center in Chicago, according to the filing. S.S. speaks Lingala, a few words of Spanish and no English.

Contacted by ABC News about the case, a Department of Homeland Security spokesperson said the department does not comment on pending litigation.

The complaint claims, "When the officers separated them, Ms. L. could hear her daughter in the next room frantically screaming that she wanted to remain with her mother.” Ms. L said that no one involved in the process explained that her daughter would be taken away, to where she would be taken or when they would next see each other.

This story stinks to high heaven. You're expecting us to believe that this woman and her daughter feared for their life in the Congo, somehow magically escaped and arrived in San Ysidro, California, the first place they came across where they could find asylum. Bullshit. She was brought there by human traffickers after paying a fee and she should be immediately sent straight back to Congo.

The point, dope is they arrived at a point of entry like you suggested they should. They were still separated. There is no crime in applying for asylum.

Recently a so called caravan of people reached our southern border in need of help. Whether we choose to help them or not is one thing, treating them like cattle is something else. Separating families, whether they seek asylum or cross the border illegally is inhumane and unnecessary. Illegal immigration right now is at a low and to be honest we actually need more immigration in this country not less as our population ages and we have fewer in our workforce.

So let's see, what could happen if we don't have enough workers for certain jobs? Did you say employers will have to increase their wage and benefit offers? If that's what you were thinking, you are absolutely correct.

Asylum is for people with nowhere else to go because of corrupt governments or extremely dangerous governments. So they crossed Mexico and headed for the US. If they are so desperate, why not just seek asylum in Mexico and stop right there? After all, Mexico has some nice places over there. I know several Americans who vacation every year in Mexico.

I guess the reason would be that Mexico is not a country of suckers.

So let's see, what could happen if we don't have enough workers for certain jobs? Did you say employers will have to increase their wage and benefit offers? If that's what you were thinking, you are absolutely correct.

Production goes down, the economy retracts, your pretend stock market portfolio goes in the shitter.

Asylum is for people with nowhere else to go because of corrupt governments or extremely dangerous governments. So they crossed Mexico and headed for the US. If they are so desperate, why not just seek asylum in Mexico and stop right there? After all, Mexico has some nice places over there. I know several Americans who vacation every year in Mexico.

I guess the reason would be that Mexico is not a country of suckers.

Mexico isn't the United States and in order to retire like an American in Mexico requires American money.

Production goes down, the economy retracts, your pretend stock market portfolio goes in the shitter.

Why would production go down? It wouldn't because there would still be production, just more expensive production. More Americans making more money (and keeping it in our borders) would be great for the economy.

Trump at some point will address our social program issues. Those who are physically and mentally capable of working should be. Kicking those people off of our programs will put more workers into the market.

Mexico isn't the United States and in order to retire like an American in Mexico requires American money.

I didn't say retire, I said seek asylum. My only point being is that Mexico is not an entirely violent country. Those who seek refuge can find it there.

They can also do that at the US Consulate in Mexico City, dipshit. People who cross into the US illegally are no different than wild dogs.

And even those who do try to cross illegally, they aren't dogs, they are still people and should be treated as such, especially in our justice system it's what separates the United States from the likes of Cuba, China, Saudi Arabia and others.

They are not people. They are goddamn animals. If they were people they would respect borders and laws. They would obtain the proper legal paperwork and go to a legal Port of Entry where they would ask for permission to enter our country. They are fucking animals that pay no attention to such things. I don't know what the purpose is of the radical fascist leftist in this country who are trying to undermine our borders, but it can't be good. Maybe you can tell us.

They would obtain the proper legal paperwork and go to a legal Port of Entry where they would ask for permission to enter our country. They are fucking animals that pay no attention to such things.

The Trump admin is separating even those asylum seekers who appear at a port of entry.

ACLU: Trump administration forcibly separating asylum-seekers from their children

A mother and her 7-year-old daughter escaping persecution and "near certain death" by fleeing the Democratic Republic of Congohave been separated for nearly four months, according to a legal complaint filed today by the ACLU.

Referred to in the case as "Ms. L" and "S.S.," the mother and daughter arrived in San Ysidro, California, Nov. 1. They told border guards they were seeking asylum, according to the court documents. Ms. L passed what's called a "credible fear interview," where an officer determined she and S.S. had a "significant possibility of ultimately receiving asylum."

Like many asylum-seekers, the two were detained while their application was processed. Under longstanding policy, families typically are kept intact at detention centers or released with a court date.

But just four days after arriving in the U.S., Ms. L was sent to Otay Mesa Detention Center in San Diego County while S.S. was ripped away from her and flown to another center in Chicago, according to the filing. S.S. speaks Lingala, a few words of Spanish and no English.

Contacted by ABC News about the case, a Department of Homeland Security spokesperson said the department does not comment on pending litigation.

The complaint claims, "When the officers separated them, Ms. L. could hear her daughter in the next room frantically screaming that she wanted to remain with her mother.” Ms. L said that no one involved in the process explained that her daughter would be taken away, to where she would be taken or when they would next see each other.

This story stinks to high heaven. You're expecting us to believe that this woman and her daughter feared for their life in the Congo, somehow magically escaped and arrived in San Ysidro, California, the first place they came across where they could find asylum. Bullshit. She was brought there by human traffickers after paying a fee and she should be immediately sent straight back to Congo.

The point, dope is they arrived at a point of entry like you suggested they should. They were still separated. There is no crime in applying for asylum.

Homeland Security obviously didn't see it that way, dipshit. And they're not commenting. Can't you fucking read? Don't you have any common sense? You're nothing but a slobbering idiot if you think it's at all credible that this woman shows up in California legitimately seeking asylum. More than likely they caught her with her ass packed full of drugs and the kid isn't even hers.

Why would production go down? It wouldn't because there would still be production, just more expensive production. More Americans making more money (and keeping it in our borders) would be great for the economy.

Sure, the cost of production would go up, but there would be literally less people to work so there would also be less productivity. Less demand as well since fewer people would be buying shit because fewer people would be in the workforce.

Trump at some point will address our social program issues. Those who are physically and mentally capable of working should be. Kicking those people off of our programs will put more workers into the market.

Thanks to years of an improving economy we're pretty much at full employment. Many people if not most who receive benefits not related to medicare and social security are working right now.

I didn't say retire, I said seek asylum. My only point being is that Mexico is not an entirely violent country. Those who seek refuge can find it there.

You're going to have to ask Mexico that but my guess is Mexico doesn't want them. Of course you're next question is going to be why should we take them if Mexico doesn't and my answer is going to be we're better than Mexico.

Homeland Security obviously didn't see it that way, dipshit. And they're not commenting. Can't you fucking read? Don't you have any common sense? You're nothing but a slobbering idiot if you think it's at all credible that this woman shows up in California legitimately seeking asylum. More than likely they caught her with her ass packed full of drugs and the kid isn't even hers.

You have zero proof of this, has she been charged with smuggling drugs? That's not exactly top secret information.

The really pathetic thing about conservatives is that back in 1988, most of these folks were all for Bush Sr. and his “kinder, gentler nation”. And in 2000, they were for his son’s “more humble place in the world”. Today they are sponsoring ripping kids from their parents for no reason except for wholesale cruelty.

No…

You just become meaner, forgetting why America was exceptional in the first place. Also forgetting that there is a difference between being strong and being tough.

There is also a difference between being a sucker and being strong; a difference between being used and being tough.

Now if you can show me how being "nice" has worked out, I'll be glad to debate you on that subject. Don't get me wrong, I understand your empathy, I can relate. It's the way I feel when I see a skinny stray cat in my yard. I'm tempted to get some lunchmeat and let the animal have a party, but in doing so, I'd be adopting a cat because the damn thing will never leave, and likely mate or draw more stays to my property. So it really kills me not to feed the poor animal.

But we have a country of our own to take care of. When all our problems are solved, then we are ready to take on world problems.

I would tell you to "look around" at the nation that was built being "nice"...that how long it has been sustained, that we have a state that if it were it's own nation would be the 5th in the world in terms of GDP, the nation that put a man on the moon, the nobel prize winners our educational system has spawned...hell, Freakonomics guru Steven Dubner reports that the US spends $60B a year on lawn upkeep!

But we know you'll find some other bullshit reason for all of that. Very few cultures rise despite it's government. Government plays it's role, to be sure. Research grants, patent laws, trade agreements, security, etc...

Ok. tear down the nation's achievements.. Your turn.

Sure, the cost of production would go up, but there would be literally less people to work so there would also be less productivity. Less demand as well since fewer people would be buying shit because fewer people would be in the workforce.

No, more Americans would be in the workforce. They wouldn't be replaced by foreigners which means more people working.

Thanks to years of an improving economy we're pretty much at full employment. Many people if not most who receive benefits not related to medicare and social security are working right now.

And they aren't working enough. Several states (Maine comes to mind) put in requirements for people without dependents to receive food stamps. Most of those people dropped out of the program. It seems the weren't that hungry after all.

The users know how to play the game. Keep your income below X, and you can still work and collect taxpayer dollars. This needs to stop.

You're going to have to ask Mexico that but my guess is Mexico doesn't want them. Of course you're next question is going to be why should we take them if Mexico doesn't and my answer is going to be we're better than Mexico.

Better or more gullible? Yeah, if nobody else wants you, go to the US or Europe. They'll take anybody. And then you wonder why they come here with their children on top of thing?

No…

I would tell you to "look around" at the nation that was built being "nice"...that how long it has been sustained, that we have a state that if it were it's own nation would be the 5th in the world in terms of GDP, the nation that put a man on the moon, the nobel prize winners our educational system has spawned...hell, Freakonomics guru Steven Dubner reports that the US spends $60B a year on lawn upkeep!

But we know you'll find some other bullshit reason for all of that. Very few cultures rise despite it's government. Government plays it's role, to be sure. Research grants, patent laws, trade agreements, security, etc...

So are you suggesting we don't have our own problems to deal with? Every country has problems. Yes, we do live in the greatest country in the world, but we are also 20 trillion dollars in debt, have a drug problem, healthcare problems, violence problems, race problems.......need I continue?

Point being is we have enough problems without accepting even more that foreigners bring us. When we have room for more problems, then let them bring it on.

No, more Americans would be in the workforce. They wouldn't be replaced by foreigners which means more people working.

You're really missing the point. There aren't enough of us, comprende?

And they aren't working enough. Several states (Maine comes to mind) put in requirements for people without dependents to receive food stamps. Most of those people dropped out of the program. It seems the weren't that hungry after all.

First off, you're not dependable for information. How many of those people already had a job? Your response doesn't seem to address that.

The users know how to play the game. Keep your income below X, and you can still work and collect taxpayer dollars. This needs to stop.

Or they work at Wal Mart or something similar and they simply don't pay enough even though they make massive profits and are forced onto public assistance so the rest of us get to subsidize them on behalf of their employer.

Better or more gullible? Yeah, if nobody else wants you, go to the US or Europe. They'll take anybody. And then you wonder why they come here with their children on top of thing?

Better. We are the strongest country in the world and in order to remain so we need a strong and productive workforce, we're simply not spitting out as many offspring as we need and Mexico and South America have just the kind of workers we need.

More Unskilled Workers, Please

No…

So are you suggesting we don't have our own problems to deal with? Every country has problems. Yes, we do live in the greatest country in the world, but we are also 20 trillion dollars in debt, have a drug problem, healthcare problems, violence problems, race problems.......need I continue?

Point being is we have enough problems without accepting even more that foreigners bring us. When we have room for more problems, then let them bring it on.

The immigrants have largely been beneficial on the way to our becoming "the greatest country in the world". You see it reflected in cheaper labor, cheaper food costs, the absence of labor shortages, etc...

We had drug problems since the 60's, healthcare problems since the 80's, not sure about the violence problems, but we've always had race problems.....suddenly it's the fault of immigrants? One would think (if he wasn't a conservative) that our problems with drugs is because of our demand for drugs. Healthcare problems come from our insane system of your employer paying for your insurance. As for the debt---a trillion of which was just added by your Messiah--building a wall will do what? We're still going to pay for the border control. People will still overstay their visas, people will still smuggle themselves in through areas where the wall is not... Wanting to pay $25B for just the cost of the thing and yearly upkeep and then still having to pay for all of the manpower that is there now is pretty fiscally stupid; especially in light of the fact that most do not come across the border.

All that being said..Either way, it's not the fault of the kids that come over illegally with their parents. Is it?

You have zero proof of this, has she been charged with smuggling drugs? That's not exactly top secret information.

That's mere speculation. Can't you read, you idiot? The link said she was put in detention and DHS isn't commenting. That means she's got a problem and isn't on the up and up.

That's mere speculation. Can't you read, you idiot? The link said she was put in detention and DHS isn't commenting. That means she's got a problem and isn't on the up and up.

No, that doesn't mean 'she's got a problem' other than being detained. You are just making excuses for her being separated.

No…

The immigrants have largely been beneficial on the way to our becoming "the greatest country in the world". You see it reflected in cheaper labor, cheaper food costs, the absence of labor shortages, etc...

We had drug problems since the 60's, healthcare problems since the 80's, not sure about the violence problems, but we've always had race problems.....suddenly it's the fault of immigrants? One would think (if he wasn't a conservative) that our problems with drugs is because of our demand for drugs. Healthcare problems come from our insane system of your employer paying for your insurance. As for the debt---a trillion of which was just added by your Messiah--building a wall will do what? We're still going to pay for the border control. People will still overstay their visas, people will still smuggle themselves in through areas where the wall is not... Wanting to pay $25B for just the cost of the thing and yearly upkeep and then still having to pay for all of the manpower that is there now is pretty fiscally stupid; especially in light of the fact that most do not come across the border.

All that being said..Either way, it's not the fault of the kids that come over illegally with their parents. Is it?

I never said it was the fault of immigrants. What I said is that we have enough of our own problems without inviting more into our country.

At one time many years ago, we did need immigrants. We were a nation building, we were in need of labor of all kinds. That's not the case any longer. We don't need them here with the exception of cheaper labor.

What Trump wants for the wall is about less than half of what we spend for food stamps every single year. It's a one time expense with some minor maintenance as time goes on. And don't drag Trump into this when half of that 20 trillion was spent by Ears.

No, it's not the fault of the kids, it's the fault of the adults and not our fault. This is how we process illegals coming into our country. If they are so worried about the kids, stay in your own Fn country and quit placing the blame on us.

You're really missing the point. There aren't enough of us, comprende?

We have just under 4% unemployment. What are all these unemployed people doing if we need labor? Comprende?

First off, you're not dependable for information. How many of those people already had a job? Your response doesn't seem to address that.

None of them. One of the requirements is that in order to stay on food stamps, you had to be working at least 20 hours a week. Apparently they didn't meet that requirement nor wanted to.

Or they work at Wal Mart or something similar and they simply don't pay enough even though they make massive profits and are forced onto public assistance so the rest of us get to subsidize them on behalf of their employer.

Then vote Republican. If we cut out those subsidies you speak of, those people would either work more hours or find better paying work. But as long as we reward them for working part-time, of course they won't seek higher income.

"Folks, if you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't."
Rush Limbaugh

Better. We are the strongest country in the world and in order to remain so we need a strong and productive workforce, we're simply not spitting out as many offspring as we need and Mexico and South America have just the kind of workers we need.

We have just the kind of workers we need. But in order to spit them out, we need a strong social program reform and employers offering better pay and benefits which will happen if we starve the immigrant workforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back