What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what America has come to. Sad. So very sad.

What has it come to?

The Central American parents send their children here alone.
They know that our laws are such that we can't ship them back
and we hold them until they are placed in a foster home.

The vast majority of these kids that everybody is talking about came
here alone. They are missing because the phone calls to the foster homes
have not been answered.

When we send a mother to prison we do not let the child go with her.
Why should we treat those people any different.

Trump lost 1500...huh? Obama, according to reports lost over 4100...why
no outrage then?

You seem to know a lot about these children. How many do you know? Personally, I mean.

I don't know any of them individually. But I know how their parents
and their shithhole countries that they come from. are gaming the system.

And what's your story, Pancho? Butt-hurt liberal or illegal alien?

If your logic is to punish the children for their parents having committed a misdemeanor by crossing the border without papers, why not go all the way, and torture them as well?
-----------------------------
Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
This is nonsense.

We are NOT punishing children. No more than a convicted felon's child is punished when we send them to prison.

Do we stop enforcing our laws because the children will be separated from their parents who are acting criminally?

The answer is a resounding, no!

As for this nonsense of "human cost", it is nothing more than a phrase designed to instill anguish in political opposition for the purpose of achieving an agenda.
Nonsense. Who suffers? The children. What crime does a 3 yr old commit that is prosecutable under the law? Explain that to the hysterical child, tell him he is NOT being punished by being ripped from the only family he knows and then try to rationalize a seriously fucked policy here that was NOT in place before.

And remind me again how your party is pro family cause I sure dont see it in this policy.
------------------------------- that'd be PRO American family Coyote .

That shows what a racist you are. You are either pro-family or you are not. There is no in-between.

Using that logic we could murder the kids in their sleep and completely escape culpability. Your argument is weak.

Many are raped, beaten and yes some killed even before they reach the border. Many are trafficked and sold once they reach the US, brought here by people they aren't even related to. That's way Sessions is insisting on DNA tests, to prove paternity. Many are given to supposed relatives who are illegal themselves, that's why they don't answer when DHS calls to check on the kids. All because the parents or who ever they are are using them hoping to get a free pass to disappear into the population. Sessions ins't giving any more free passes.

None of this has anything to do with a reason for separating families, if you can't defend the policy then why post at all?

You might look at my first post in this thread. I don't have to defend anything, it's the law. Don't like it, tell you congresscritters to get off their lazy asses and change it.

They aren't convicted and deserve their day in court before their kids are ripped from them and sent halfway across the country. Also, like I said they are doing this with those who legally enter the country as well.

The adults are a flight risk, they stay in detention until their trial or hearing, the courts say the kids can't be held there. Address the law, not me.

Hiding behind laws will not work. You are a morally corrupt person and getting rid of Trump and Republicans seems to be the only way to stop this.

It's the parent's fault.
They know that they are breaking the law.

What has it come to?

have not been answered.

no outrage then?

You seem to know a lot about these children. How many do you know? Personally, I mean.

If your logic is to punish the children for their parents having committed a misdemeanor by crossing the border without papers, why not go all the way, and torture them as well?

Having the types of parents that they do is torture enough.

go ahead , i think you been trying that getting rid of TRUMP for a couple of years or a year and a half [about] haven't YOU my Dear Lady 'maxine watters' , er , i mean Busybee .

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Shouldn't the country of origin step up to the plate and care for their own?

What am I missing here?
read the OP.

Why?

When a citizen enters our country illegally, why is the other country off the hook?

Tough shit, come legally or stay home. Damned easy solution.

The parents are the one who are punishing them, not our immigration service.

Trump and his thugs are. There are no laws forcing them to do this. You need to be locked up BOY.

What has it come to?

have not been answered.

no outrage then?

You're sure? I mean, one could give them electric shocks and put them on a starvation diet. That would REALLY show those parents!

If the illegals care about children, then they won't try and cross the border with them.

Since they don't, why in the hell should we? And why in the hell should we let them in the country, given they are exceptionally brutish? Americans have higher standards than this.

Why the hell should we put up with you. Take your entire trashy family and throw you out. You are the brutal thug.

and one more thing , sorry for the large amount of 'funny icons' i attach to most of your posts but most of what you post is silly , emotional , not thoughtful and is funny Busybee

its just like the 'anchor baby' deal , mexicans drop an anchor baby and they have the Americans by the nutz . This variation of the mexican taking their kids to the border is , as i say just a variation of dropping an anchor baby . -------------------- as the mexican cries and says , you can't separate 'mamasitas' and widdle baby mexicans Coyote .

So you are fine with taking young children from their parents and throwing them into our foster care system while they await hearings? 700 kids lost in our foster care network or housed in barracks apart from their parents. It's sick but you don't have an issue with it.

It's the parent's fault. They know that they are breaking the law.
Many times when US parents break laws their children are put in foster care.

It is not the parents' fault. Trump knows this which is why he is blaming Democrats.

There is a gang in Ecuador who are sending up members to infiltrate the US. It is called MS-2, and it is made up of two year olds who use opened safely diaper pins for weapons.

What has it come to?

have not been answered.

no outrage then?

You're sure? I mean, one could give them electric shocks and put them on a starvation diet. That would REALLY show those parents!
------------------------------ just exclude the foreigners and their kids VS.

its just like the 'anchor baby' deal , mexicans drop an anchor baby and they have the Americans by the nutz . This variation of the mexican taking their kids to the border is , as i say just a variation of dropping an anchor baby . -------------------- as the mexican cries and says , you can't separate 'mamasitas' and widdle baby mexicans Coyote .

So you are fine with taking young children from their parents and throwing them into our foster care system while they await hearings? 700 kids lost in our foster care network or housed in barracks apart from their parents. It's sick but you don't have an issue with it.

It's the parent's fault. They know that they are breaking the law.
Many times when US parents break laws their children are put in foster care.

It is not the parents' fault. Trump knows this which is why he is blaming Democrats.
----------------------------- he is blaming 'dems' / YOU because the moochers in cages photos was taken during 'mrobama' time in office Busybee .

Damn those Democrats for passing the law that requires the separation of parents and children!

Trump blames Democrats for his policy of separating migrant families at border
Trump blames Democrats for his policy of separating migrant families at border

The administration confirmed this month that breaking up families was a byproduct of their new "zero tolerance" plan to prosecute everyone who crosses the border illegally, which would require minors who traveled with their family to be taken into the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services. Under the previous policy, children were usually allowed to stay with their parents in shelters while awaiting legal proceedings.

That's when the mulatto messiah was only using civil law, Sessions is prosecuting them under criminal statutes. You can't keep kids with criminals.

They are not criminals. Sessions and Trump are the criminals.

It does make you wonder...not when will the Trump supporters hit bottom but if there is a bottom where they are concerned. We are now utilizing our resources to lock up infants....
They are wasting resources . ALL the foreigners should be deported. There is no such thing as an anchor baby. The entire family of illegal aliens are here illegally, including kids born in the US. They should ALL be deported, and ALL leave together, as one intact family unit.

You should be deported. Trash like you are not needed in this country.

What has it come to?

have not been answered.

no outrage then?

There parents don't give a shit now. We're just helping the children with
a basic lesson in life. The lesson being..."For every behavior...there is a
consequence."

Bad behavior calls for a bad consequence.

There is legal immigration and their is illegal immigration. There is no
bad consequence with legal immigration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back