What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Law has discretion, crimes have degrees, and there is a wide range of acceptable penalties and the degree to which it is enforced. That is a good, it allows judges and enforcement to consider circumstances including what is best for all affected parties while still following the law. That means if immigration enforcement apprehend adults with children and they suspect that they are not the parents and human trafficking might be occurring, they can seperate them. Likewise, if they think that the adult is in fact the child’s mother they can keep them together until the hearing decides whether they will stay or be deported, as a unit.

Is the cost paid by the children worth the punishment inflicted on the children? Does that make sense?

No. To avoid the cost, don't commit to the transaction. I am flummoxed by how hard this is for some people to understand.

Cause and effect. Don't like the effect? Don't be the cause.
Fine. But the kids pay. What did the kids do wrong?

But TK...you are still missing the point.

No, I'm not. I see the issue quite clearly. All in all, this is unfair to the child. No child should have to experience the trauma of being taken away from their parents. However, the parents are selfish for putting their child through that kind of trauma in the first place.

Last edited:
But TK...you are still missing the point.

No, I'm not. I see the issue quite clearly. All in all this is unfair to the child. No child should have to experience the trauma of being taken away from their parents. However, the parents are selfish for putting their child through that kind of trauma in the first place.

Ok. Let’s say the parents are selfish. Is this a good policy?

Is the cost paid by the children worth the punishment inflicted on the children? Does that make sense?

No. To avoid the cost, don't commit to the transaction. I am flummoxed by how hard this is for some people to understand.

Nothing. That is why the parents are to blame. They are the ones who chose to bring their child(ren) into this world, and they more than likely were the ones who chose to smuggle their child(ren) across the border illegally. Did they honestly think there would be no consequences for the child once they got here? That is sheer ignorance, and a folly of the highest order of magnitude.

Since the only coin the parents have are the kids Mommy and daddy are going to get whacked when they get back to central America for failure to pay.

Nothing. That is why the parents are to blame. They are the ones who chose to bring their child(ren) into this world, and they more than likely were the ones who chose to smuggle their child(ren) across the border illegally. Did they honestly think there would be no consequences for the child once they got here? That is sheer ignorance, and a folly of the highest order of magnitude.

Ok. The kids did nothing wrong but they are being punished. How is that just?

The Law has discretion, crimes have degrees, and there is a wide range of acceptable penalties and the degree to which it is enforced.

And human beings have the ability to exercise better judgement. They should be able to deem what is acceptable and what isn't.

Tell me, what is wrong with smuggling an innocent child across the border? In this case, the punishment should fit the crime.

And curiously... in cases of unaccompanied minors, why are they unaccompanied? Where are their parents?

This is ludicrous. All of it.

The kids pay because their parents violated our laws. Why are these parents violating our laws? Because democrats keep telling them they can!

The kids pay because their parents violated our laws. Why are these parents violating our laws? Because democrats keep telling them they can!
Except that doesn’t make sense since deportations were way up under a Democrat president...

Should the kids have to pay?

The selfishness or the law?

Obviously selfishness is bad policy :p. The policy Sessions put in place regarding how he will enforce the law?

Now see here! I'm not a tongue type of guy!

In all seriousness, yes. It is a good, fitting policy. I don't think any parent deserves to keep their child when they subject them to this hellish process, no matter how well intentioned they might have been.

A good thing to do, instead of teaching illegals how to skirt our immigration laws, teach them how to obey our immigration laws. These parents are often ignorant of the policy changes being made in the US on a daily basis. This is also another reason why they lose their children when they get here.

Last edited:
B
The Law has discretion, crimes have degrees, and there is a wide range of acceptable penalties and the degree to which it is enforced.

And human beings have the ability to exercise better judgement. They should be able to deem what is acceptable and what isn't.

Tell me, what is wrong with smuggling an innocent child across the border? In this case, the punishment should fit the crime.

And curiously... in cases of unaccompanied minors, why are they unaccompanied? Where are their parents?

This is ludicrous. All of it.
But the punishment is on child. What crime of the child is it fitting?

The selfishness or the law?

Obviously selfishness is bad policy :p. The policy Sessions put in place regarding how he will enforce the law?

Now see here! I'm not a tongue type of guy!

In all seriousness, yes. It is a good, fitting policy. I don't think any parent deserves to keep their child when they subject them to this hellish process, no matter how well intentioned they might have been.

A good thing to do, instead of teaching illegals how to skirt our immigration laws, teach them how to obey our immigration. These parents are often ignorant of the policy changes being made in the US on a daily basis. This is also another reason why they lose their children when they get here.
I don’t agree, but that is one way of looking at it.

If a parent is making the difficult choice to leave a horrible situation, they are not a bad parent. They do not deserve to lose their child, and child is not better off in a foster care system riddled with problems and abuses, overwhelmed with numbers. It is a nightmare, not a blessing for the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back