What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Democrats are giving these people false hope.
This should not be a partisan issue. No one is saying open up the borders and let them all in. This is a specific policy carried out to an unnecessary and abusive extreme that most damages those who have the least control over their destinies.
--------------------------------- [chuckle] , they are young , they'll get through it Coyote .

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
The solution is not to bear the burden created by political leaders in other countries. The solution is to kill those leaders until the correct ones are chosen.
That is one solution I suppose....didn’t work too well in the ME though did it? And it won’t
This should not be a partisan issue. No one is saying open up the borders and let them all in. This is a specific policy carried out to an unnecessary and abusive extreme that most damages those who have the least control over their destinies.
You’re still equating that pic from the obama years to Trump.

Here’s a woman who understands the importance of having immigration laws. Her husband was recently deported.....

I blame democrats for that.

No I am not. I am perfectly aware of when those pictures were taken and what was happening at the time. Not arguing about needing or not needing immigration laws, of course we need them. I am arguing about a specific new policy that is taking it to an abusive extreme.

This is precisely letting any one of them in who has a child shield. Which will be everyone if such stupidity is allowed to happen.
------------------------------------------ 'mexican' child Shields , i like those 3 words as they very accurately describe whats going on Norman .

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
The solution is not to bear the burden created by political leaders in other countries. The solution is to kill those leaders until the correct ones are chosen.
That is one solution I suppose....didn’t work too well in the ME though did it? And it won’t
You’re still equating that pic from the obama years to Trump.

Here’s a woman who understands the importance of having immigration laws. Her husband was recently deported.....

I blame democrats for that.

No I am not. I am perfectly aware of when those pictures were taken and what was happening at the time. Not arguing about needing or not needing immigration laws, of course we need them. I am arguing about a specific new policy that is taking it to an abusive extreme.

What new policy is that, princess?

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

What about the illegal immigrants who came here only to commit crimes and in some cases KILL a law abiding American citizen? Is that cost worth the compassion you wish to give these people? There is human cost on both sides. I'd much rather a parent not risk a child's life and future smuggling them across the border than a criminal illegal immigrant taking the life of an American citizen.

What is evil is ruining your child's future before it even starts, you know, by smuggling them illegally across our border. So, the parents should save themselves and their children some grief and stay on their side of the border.

Actions have consequences. If that means losing your child because of your selfish ambitions, then so be it.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

What about the illegal immigrants who came here only to commit crimes and in some cases KILL a law abiding American citizen? Is that cost worth the compassion you wish to give these people? There is human cost on both sides. I'd much rather a parent not risk a child's life and future smuggling them across the border than a criminal illegal immigrant taking the life of an American citizen.

What is evil is ruining your child's future before it even starts, you know, by smuggling them illegally across our border. So, the parents should save themselves and their children some grief and stay on their side of the border.

Actions have consequences. If that means losing your child because of your selfish ambitions, then so be it.

What about’s are good for other potential discussions but not really relevant to this, a specific policy. In fact they distract from the issue. Tell me this, what do you think of this particular policy, not immigration in general. Is this policy the way you feel is the right way to handle the issue? Can people ever go too far when it comes to addressing illegal immigration?

Criminals who traffic children, even their own, deserve to lose their kids.

And that's what's happening. I'm sick of leftists whining that it's cruel to separate children from fucking traffickers.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

How about the unnecessary separation of children from their parents?

LOL.

No.

If your ambitions and life goals are worth losing your children over, then you are not fit to be a parent. Because that's what you're doing. You're not making your life better, nor are you enriching your child's life by coming here illegally. You are subjecting yourself to unnecessary grief and hardship.

So what is truly evil? Enforcing the law or doing things like this to your family all for the sake of a so-called "better life"?

I could go on and on about how wrong it is to put your goals and ambitions over that of your children but then again, if we truly cared about the children we wouldn't be smuggling them across the border, only to have them separated from their parents, now would we?

Based on the reactions of Lib-Prog-Dems in this thread, I'd say the Policy is having the desired effect so far.
tongue_smile.gif

What human cost are you willing to foist on US citizens in order to sooth your feelings over the treatment of illegal aliens?

What about’s are good for other potential discussions but not really relevant to this, a specific policy.

Not quite sure what you were trying to say here...
Immigration is a huge issue, with a lot of policies, laws, and strong opinions. It is hard to focus on one particular aspect without going off on all kinds of tangents. I don’t care about who is to blame, in fact it is irrelevant. Blame is useless and changes nothing. Is it possible to have enforcement policies that go too far? Does this particular policy go too far?

Can you understand why President Trump is working hard to fix this problem, Coyote?
No Tycho our reverent President is to busy tweeting. In fact, it’s been so noisy I suspect there are birds nesting in his toupe.

What about’s are good for other potential discussions but not really relevant to this, a specific policy.

Not quite sure what you were trying to say here...
Immigration is a huge issue, with a lot of policies, laws, and strong opinions. It is hard to focus on one particular aspect without going off on all kinds of tangents. I don’t care about who is to blame, in fact it is irrelevant. Blame is useless and changes nothing. Is it possible to have enforcement policies that go too far? Does this particular policy go too far?
Why do you have an issue with assigning blame? It pretty simple. You drag your kid into a country illegally it’s your fault. You send your kid alone into another country illegally it’s your fault. None of this falls on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back