What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you saying you can't find the law he's referring to, and have no idea how long it's been on the books?

are you saying you can’t find a dictionary to help you understand the English words I used?
still deflecting?

still illiterate? See, I can just answer questions with question too.
and still deflecting.

Original question:

When was the law enacted?

instead of an answer, you supply Mother Goose stories, limericks, and fairy tales, and other deflections .

is it that you CAN'T supply the answer, or that you're AFRAID to supply the answer?

Is it that you can’t find a dictionary to look up my plainly written answers or that you are too embarrassed to admit you can’t read?

This is fun….

what answer?

I have yet to see a response stating when the law was written, or enacted.

Should I make it easier on you?

Under which president was it enacted?

Reagan?
Bush 1?
Clinton?
Bush 2?
Obama?
Trump?

can you stop playing games long enough to answer that?

You cannot consider "human cost" in controlling illegal immigration. A nation's borders must be controlled, enforced at any cost, otherwise you don't have a viable nation. As soon as you consider human cost, you defeat yourself by setting a threshold that now illegals know that if they go over, they will get in. Therefore, one cannot allow human cost to be a factor, indeed, the higher the cost the better, because as soon as illegals realize that the potential costs of entering far outweigh the potential benefits, THEY WILL STOP COMING.

Costs are always a factor and in a civilized society human costs matter. We could just act like ISIS and no doubt illegal immigration would come to a screeching halt.

Black and white reasoning. Cost is always a factor? If you or your child is drowning, is cost a factor? Is there a point you will stop trying to save yourself or your kid? You don't have to be ISIS to halt illegal aliens invading our borders, but merely be effective at stopping them so that they see the USA is no longer an option.

...First of all nobody is being put in jail. They are being detained...
They may consider themselves fortunate; at least, until the present day.

...Immigration does not jail people they detain them...

...The children will not be charged or found guilty of anything...
True. However, their parents are now being processed as criminals under 8 U.S. Code § 1325 ( Improper entry by alien ). Suspects do not have rights for joint housing.

...Most of the parents will be charged with unlawful presence, a civil offence with no penalty...
Until the present day. Now, adult Illegal Alien trespassers are being evaluated for both criminal and civil charges under 8 U.S. Code § 1325, which says, in part:

(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts:
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties:
Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or
2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an
alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.

...The normal former historical procedure of convenience is was to keep children with their parents...
Fixed.

...The new procedure is to take the kids away from their Illegal Alien criminal-trespass parents...
Fixed.

...promising that they will be united with their children if they sign a voluntary deportation agreement...
Excellent tactic to reduce clutter in the Immigration Courts... phukking brilliant... and entirely voluntary.

...which of course denies them due process of law...
Incorrect. This is tantamount to a Plea Bargain, which lets Illegal Alien criminal-trespass offenders off-the-hook cheaply and easily. Win-Win. Grand idea.

They are very welcome to undergo criminal-trespass hearings and trial if they choose. That's entirely up to them. Frankly, the US is letting them off the hook.

...This is an incredibly stupid move...
This is an incredibly brilliant move; cutting the Gordian Knot and telling Progressives to go phukk themselves on this topic.

...on the part of the Orange Clown which will just turn more people against his policies.
Say what you will about the Imperial Cheeto, but the philosophical battle lines were drawn on this subject on November 8, 2016. You(r side) lost.

Perhaps when the concept pierces your thick skulls, that being seen standing alongside Illegal Aliens rather than your own fellow countrymen is "impolitic" and "unwise", you will have begun the long journey back towards political power and control of government. But you Lefties are not well-known for your adaptability and pragmatism.

...promising that they will be united with their children if they sign a voluntary deportation agreement

That is evil.

It's also purely a figment of your imagination, which means the evil is something inside you.

Many of these children are dragged away from their parents screaming on terror. All 3 definitions describe what you and Trump want. You really think you can replace their parents. They are put into a foster care system that already does not work.

Now you're just making shit up. It's not foster care. It's immigration detention. Where disease and bad guys can harm you... You want PRIVATE rooms with TVs and a fridge?

We want humane facilities for families while their status is determined. We already get the fact you are stupid.

Give us an example of a human facility of the size and scope and for the same types of *immigrants* that the left has invited to our border.

You know, facilities that will *hold* families safely while trying to figure out who the fuck they are and where they came from and whether or not they are murderers or rapists or terrorists on the run.

Let's see an example of the sort of facility you want us to emulate.

Pretty sure what BusyBee and Coyote have in mind would look like this.. But with a Welcome to America banner draped elegantly from the front Promenade.

HT_trump_tower_as_160404_4x3_992.jpg
Pretty sure you are wrong.

Opposing ripping away their children while they are awaiting a hearing is hardly equivalent to this and was not necessary before. There were adequate facilities that managed to keep families intact.

Wtf is wrong with people! Opposing this policy is now equivalent to wanting open borders and five star hotels for them? Illegal immigrants are now equated with murders and rapists?

This country has gon in a truly evil direction.

You are advocating smuggling children across borders.

Think about that.

What makes you believe that as Hispanics become more affluent over time, they are different than whites are and they will continue to support importing low class poor Mexican criminals to overflow our jails, schools, medical centers and welfare rolls? You're a racist?

That's something they don't consider. The left has a hard time putting themselves in others shoes.

If I'm going to try and get into a country where I'm clearly a minority, and I understand some may not want me, the best thing I can do is be impressive as all hell that white people are a good thing for their society. I'm going to want to show them I'm great, and want every other white person who comes there with me to demonstrate the same thing.

The last thing I would do is welcome or support whites who could care less about their laws, cost them billions of dollars, criminal whites, and gang whites. I don't want them nowhere near this new country that has graciously accepted me.

Yep. Vandal has no idea how high 30 feet is either. Even the majority of guys would balk at scaling down a 30 foot rope themselves much less sending their 5 year old and pregnant wife down the rope

Another uneducated clown who has never been down here. You think that a 30 foot wall is going to stop someone who is willing to walk 100 miles through the most inhospitable desert in the USA in 105 degree temperature with only enough food and water to last one day? We find 300 dead illegals per year in AZ who died from exposure, many who had no shoes, while walking through cactus and snake infested desert for days.

You realize you just answered why the children should be taken from SOB’s that would do that to them, right?

I think that anyone who would traumatize children for their parent's sins should not be allowed to raise them, and these days, that pretty much defines trumpettes.

I think that anybody who maintains child smugglers should be allowed to spend quality time with their charges after they're busted smuggling them is probably engaged in child sex trafficking themselves.

True. However, their parents are now being processed as criminals under 8 U.S. Code § 1325 ( Improper entry by alien ). Suspects do not have rights for joint housing.

...Most of the parents will be charged with unlawful presence, a civil offence with no penalty...
Until the present day. Now, adult Illegal Alien trespassers are being evaluated for both criminal and civil charges under 8 U.S. Code § 1325, which says, in part:

(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts:
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.

...The normal former historical procedure of convenience is was to keep children with their parents...
Fixed.

...The new procedure is to take the kids away from their Illegal Alien criminal-trespass parents...
Fixed.

...promising that they will be united with their children if they sign a voluntary deportation agreement...
Excellent tactic to reduce clutter in the Immigration Courts... phukking brilliant... and entirely voluntary.

Incorrect. This is tantamount to a Plea Bargain, which lets Illegal Alien criminal-trespass offenders off-the-hook cheaply and easily. Win-Win. Grand idea.

They are very welcome to undergo criminal-trespass hearings and trial if they choose. That's entirely up to them. Frankly, the US is letting them off the hook.

This is an incredibly brilliant move; cutting the Gordian Knot and telling Progressives to go phukk themselves on this topic.

...on the part of the Orange Clown which will just turn more people against his policies.
Say what you will about the Imperial Cheeto, but the philosophical battle lines were drawn on this subject on November 8, 2016. You(r side) lost.

Perhaps when the concept pierces your thick skulls, that being seen standing alongside Illegal Aliens rather than your own fellow countrymen is "impolitic" and "unwise", you will have begun the long journey back towards political power and control of government. But you Lefties are not well-known for your adaptability and pragmatism.

...promising that they will be united with their children if they sign a voluntary deportation agreement

That is evil.

It's also purely a figment of your imagination, which means the evil is something inside you.

No. It isn't. I quoted it from the post above nitwit. Learn to read.

Now you're just making shit up. It's not foster care. It's immigration detention. Where disease and bad guys can harm you... You want PRIVATE rooms with TVs and a fridge?

We want humane facilities for families while their status is determined. We already get the fact you are stupid.

Give us an example of a human facility of the size and scope and for the same types of *immigrants* that the left has invited to our border.

You know, facilities that will *hold* families safely while trying to figure out who the fuck they are and where they came from and whether or not they are murderers or rapists or terrorists on the run.

Pretty sure what BusyBee and Coyote have in mind would look like this.. But with a Welcome to America banner draped elegantly from the front Promenade.

Opposing ripping away their children while they are awaiting a hearing is hardly equivalent to this and was not necessary before. There were adequate facilities that managed to keep families intact.

Wtf is wrong with people! Opposing this policy is now equivalent to wanting open borders and five star hotels for them? Illegal immigrants are now equated with murders and rapists?

Think about that.

Why should I think about something you are making up?

That's something they don't consider. The left has a hard time putting themselves in others shoes.

If I'm going to try and get into a country where I'm clearly a minority, and I understand some may not want me, the best thing I can do is be impressive as all hell that white people are a good thing for their society. I'm going to want to show them I'm great, and want every other white person who comes there with me to demonstrate the same thing.

The last thing I would do is welcome or support whites who could care less about their laws, cost them billions of dollars, criminal whites, and gang whites. I don't want them nowhere near this new country that has graciously accepted me.

Yep. Vandal has no idea how high 30 feet is either. Even the majority of guys would balk at scaling down a 30 foot rope themselves much less sending their 5 year old and pregnant wife down the rope

Another uneducated clown who has never been down here. You think that a 30 foot wall is going to stop someone who is willing to walk 100 miles through the most inhospitable desert in the USA in 105 degree temperature with only enough food and water to last one day? We find 300 dead illegals per year in AZ who died from exposure, many who had no shoes, while walking through cactus and snake infested desert for days.

You realize you just answered why the children should be taken from SOB’s that would do that to them, right?

I think that anyone who would traumatize children for their parent's sins should not be allowed to raise them, and these days, that pretty much defines trumpettes.

I think that anybody who maintains child smugglers should be allowed to spend quality time with their charges after they're busted smuggling them is probably engaged in child sex trafficking themselves.

Who is advocating child smugglers? Or is that what you call all parents who take their children with them?

Think about that.

No, it's not made up. We have literally millions of children in this country that were smuggled in.

Who is advocating child smugglers? Or is that what you call all parents who take their children with them?

When a child is smuggled in, then by definition they are smuggled in.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

You cannot consider "human cost" in controlling illegal immigration. A nation's borders must be controlled, enforced at any cost, otherwise you don't have a viable nation. As soon as you consider human cost, you defeat yourself by setting a threshold that now illegals know that if they go over, they will get in. Therefore, one cannot allow human cost to be a factor, indeed, the higher the cost the better, because as soon as illegals realize that the potential costs of entering far outweigh the potential benefits, THEY WILL STOP COMING.

Costs are always a factor and in a civilized society human costs matter. We could just act like ISIS and no doubt illegal immigration would come to a screeching halt.

Black and white reasoning. Cost is always a factor? If you or your child is drowning, is cost a factor? Is there a point you will stop trying to save yourself or your kid? You don't have to be ISIS to halt illegal aliens invading our borders, but merely be effective at stopping them so that they see the USA is no longer an option.

You can be VERY affective by acting like ISIS. No question they won't come. You can be VERY affective by implementing brutal measures. Like what is being done with this policy.

So where do you draw the line? Why is it OK to rip children from their parents while awaiting a hearing but not ok to shoot them at the border and put their heads on stakes? Because of cost?

We have had effective policies, a decrease in illegal immigration over time, popular support for increased border security, more rapid deportations of criminals and other measures. Why do we have to further and invoke more brutal measures?

And please, let's stop pretending that ALL these parents are human traffickers trafficking children. That's a pathetic excuse for this policy when immigration inforcement has ALWAYS had the leeway to remove children when they suspect the parents are not the parents. People are now pretending they are trying to prevent human trafficking as a way of supporting a punative and brutal policy against ALL illegal immigrants.

Yes. It is made up. You are just creating a strawman. No one one in this thread supports child trafficking. Except maybe those engaged in it. No one opposes immigration's right to remove a child they SUSPECT is being trafficked. That's been a long standing policy.

The rationale for this new policy has nothing to do with preventing child trafficking, though that is the excuse some supporters using. Even Sessions isn't pretending it's about that. It's intended as a punative and harsh measure to deter illegal immigration. There are plenty of ways to deter it without descending to this. It's cruel and there is no other way to put it.

Fund more judges to speed up hearings and deportations. Increase manpower and electronic border security. There are better ways that don't involve subjecting children to this kind of trauma and worse - losing them in our already overburdened and problematic child care system that isn't meant to handle this.

You are playing with semantics here and you know it. I'm not going to play your games.

Fixed.

Fixed.

That is evil.

I DID read. I read you finding someone saying what you wanted to believe, and simply assuming that OF COURSE it was correct about what was happening, because that's ALSO what you want to believe.

Learn to think, lackwit.

When you look up "child smuggling" - you get "child trafficking" defined as:

Trafficking of children (aka "Child Labor" and "Child Exploitation) is a form of human trafficking and is defined as the "recruitment, transportation, transfer, harboring, and/or receipt" of a child for the purpose of slavery, forced labor and exploitation.[1]:Article 3 (c) This definition is substantially wider than the same document's definition of "trafficking in persons".[1]:Article 3 (a) Children may also be trafficked for the purpose of adoption.

Illegal immigrants traveling with their own children are not trafficking in children.

Fixed.

Fixed.

That is evil.

I DID read. I read you finding someone saying what you wanted to believe, and simply assuming that OF COURSE it was correct about what was happening, because that's ALSO what you want to believe.

Learn to think, lackwit.

Clearly your reading comprehension skills are smaller than your mouth. I merely quoted from the post. There is nothing there that I made up.

Think about that.

And pretending that isn't what you are advocating proves you're a liar.

You are defending the practice of keeping the victims of child smugglers with their smugglers.

And you also advocate letting child smugglers across the border with limited interference.

That is why we have the human/child trafficking crisis in the world right now. Idiots like you defending the child traffickers and doing everything you can to make it easier for them to smuggle, traffic, and sell children back and forth across the border.

When you look up "child smuggling" - you get "child trafficking" defined as:

Trafficking of children (aka "Child Labor" and "Child Exploitation) is a form of human trafficking and is defined as the "recruitment, transportation, transfer, harboring, and/or receipt" of a child for the purpose of slavery, forced labor and exploitation.[1]:Article 3 (c) This definition is substantially wider than the same document's definition of "trafficking in persons".[1]:Article 3 (a) Children may also be trafficked for the purpose of adoption.

Illegal immigrants traveling with their own children are not trafficking in children.
What do you call it when someone pays someone to move a child illegally across the border?

Exploitation. Trafficking. It is by definition what we are talking about here.

But the criminal, human trafficking, baby killing, sex trade loving left, per usual, is going to change the language because they don't like the fact that they are in fact defending smuggling/trafficking. So they will pretend that smuggling/trafficking is actually something DIFFERENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back