What I am now seeing at the grocery store

These are conservative numbers. The prices I have seen are way higher. One loaf of sourdough bread is $5.99. A pound of sliced ham is $16.00. I was going to get a watermelon. It was $22.00. I settled for $8.00 in six watermelon slices.
A loaf of our store brand's bread for years was 84 or 85 cents and never went up a penny under Trump. The same loaf of bread now has much smaller dimension, much thinner and fewer slices and sells for $1.39/loaf. So I'm pretty sure we're paying more than double for bread compared to Trump prices.

I've lived here for a long time now and know the managers of the store very well. Upon questioning they assure me their markup from wholesale is only slightly more than before inflation spiraled out of control and that is only to cover their significantly higher costs for utilities and such.

These are the core issue that faces Americans. Cost-of-living and there’s nothing more vital than that. Continues to be not surprising to see Biden supporters Laugh at it and think that it’s not real…. They don’t care about Americans starving to death, or dying of drugs on the streets

These are the core issue that faces Americans. Cost-of-living and there’s nothing more vital than that. Continues to be not surprising to see Biden supporters Laugh at it and think that it’s not real…. They don’t care about Americans starving to death, or dying of drugs on the streets
While I tend to agree with the sentiment... I haven't heard of Americans starving to death. But I do see them being herded into a kind of servitude where they will own nothing. And they damned well better be happy about it...

While I tend to agree with the sentiment... I haven't heard of Americans starving to death. But I do see them being herded into a kind of servitude where they will own nothing. And they damned well better be happy about it...
The issue is we have tons of Americans completely addicted to hard-core drugs, and they do not manage their diets properly and they’re dying from it.

People have access to food, but often an addict chooses the dope before food.

Just bookmarking the thread; waiting to see which will be the first Leftoid retard to claim they hadn't noticed any major increase, and that everything is the same as it was where they shop....
Mommy (or one of their daddies) would have to tell them prices are up.... cruising Grindr all day, looking for that perfect dick, doesn't leave much time for stupid shit like shopping and working.

Food deserts aren't what's causing hunger in the U.S. — It's wages, inequality and inflation​

About 33.8 million Americans didn't have adequate access to food, according to the latest report from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. That's 13.5 million, or 10.2% of all U.S. households in 2021.

"Food inflation, as we've seen during the pandemic, has gone up, driven in large part by supply chain disruptions and shortages of food supply during the pandemic," according to Erika Thiem, chief supply chain officer at the nonprofit Feeding America.

These are conservative numbers. The prices I have seen are way higher. One loaf of sourdough bread is $5.99. A pound of sliced ham is $16.00. I was going to get a watermelon. It was $22.00. I settled for $8.00 in six watermelon slices.
Hahahaahhhhaah.......Where are you shopping? Was it a 50 pound watermelon?

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 10.12.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 10.16.26 PM.png

Totally different issue from starvation. Junkies don't die from starvation. They OD.
Nobody's really starving, just there's no money left after buying food and paying bills.

Why are businesses with virtually unlimited capital allowed to compete with the average American for purchasing homes?

I don't recall that being allowed before in America.

Nobody's really starving, just there's no money left after buying food and paying bills.

Why are businesses with virtually unlimited capital allowed to compete with the average American for purchasing homes?

I don't recall that being allowed before in America.
Literally, the model for communism. You don't starve to death, you just live on the edge of hunger and there are NO frills. Having lived in Russia for several years I remember the saying - communism is where you pretend to work and the government pretends to pay you.

Frills are for party bosses that acquire 6 "opulent" mansions on a govt wage.

Oops, there's one right there...

images.jpg

Where's the Bullshit???????

So post your prices for Watermelon and Sliced Ham.
I buy hams on sale, brah, and freeze it. I shop smart because I was taught to.

In reality, the last ham I got was probably $1.10/lb and it was a "spiral-sliced" ..aw wtf..not maple or honey..some kinda "other" glazed

ham. I paid $10 for a 9 pounder, you do the math.

Watermelon? Roadside vegetable stand or pickup truck dude that gathered some.

That was some good ham. I think it was "pecan-glazed". I throw that glaze crap out anyway and smoke it. :auiqs.jpg:

I smoked it and it came out like ham candy. I really just bought it to have a bone to do a pot of Spanish Bean Soup,

but there was a lot left over.

Last edited:
I buy hams on sale, brah, and freeze it. I shop smart because I was taught to.

Watermelon? Roadside vegetable stand or pickup truck dude that gathered some.
So what is your point.
The price is actually LOWER that I posted and WAY less than poster ECB.

You should move out of that state. Everything is high as a cat's back in your state. I paid $3.96/Lb for Sam's Classic thick cut ham steaks. $5.87/lb for thick sliced bacon. $1.13/Dozen grade A large eggs and $1.72 for half gallon whole milk. This was Mountain Home, AR at the cleanest Walmart SuperCenter I have ever seen. Oh, and filled up with gas there for $3.39/Gallon.

Forum List

Back