What I am now seeing at the grocery store

I am sure you can provide the proof for all of those before and after prices....right?
If I wanted to, I damn sure could because I got papers from years past and present around here.

That's not my post anyway, moron. It's a tweet from someone else.

If I wanted to, I damn sure could because I got papers from years past and present around here.

That's not my post anyway, moron. It's a tweet from someone else.

which you blindly copied and pasted as we all know it is against the law to lie on Twitter.

Some grocery prices have fallen...
Others have remained super high.

Beef cuts are 50% or more higher than they were 2 years ago. Chicken is about 25% higher.

$13 for a tiny chuck roast? Barely enough for one meal for 2. I put that back quick.

Sugar and flour have become reasonable again. Flour got up to $1/lb...it's back to still higher(30%) than normal prices but at least affordable.

Those on fixed incomes are having it the worst with SS not increasing but their diets and medicines sure have.

I did go to Lowes to get some supplies recently. Conduit that used to range between $1.90-$2.50/10ft is now $7.00/10ft. Kinda ridiculous IMHO. So I see construction taking a huge dumper in the near future....that means jobs are going to evaporate soon.

Until wages catch up to current housing and material costs....things are going to get tighter and tighter.

Several economic indicators have been all showing a recession in full effect just in time for the next election. Back pocket voting choices are not looking good for the incumbents.

So I am going to see how this plays out.

Some grocery prices have fallen...
Others have remained super high.

Beef cuts are 50% or more higher than they were 2 years ago. Chicken is about 25% higher.

$13 for a tiny chuck roast? Barely enough for one meal for 2. I put that back quick.

Sugar and flour have become reasonable again. Flour got up to $1/lb...it's back to still higher(30%) than normal prices but at least affordable.

Those on fixed incomes are having it the worst with SS not increasing but their diets and medicines sure have.

I did go to Lowes to get some supplies recently. Conduit that used to range between $1.90-$2.50/10ft is now $7.00/10ft. Kinda ridiculous IMHO. So I see construction taking a huge dumper in the near future....that means jobs are going to evaporate soon.

Until wages catch up to current housing and material costs....things are going to get tighter and tighter.

Several economic indicators have been all showing a recession in full effect just in time for the next election. Back pocket voting choices are not looking good for the incumbents.

So I am going to see how this plays out.
Many businesses are just using inflation as an escuse to gouge the public.

Price gouging should be investigated

All those prices will come back down to where they were immediately upon Trumps reelection.

I really can't move. I don't have the money to start all over someplace else. We are always talking about a move to Idaho. Maybe that will happen. I don't have any relatives of my own. It's not like I can go to a widowed sister. Everything always turns out exactly the way it is supposed to be.
I considered Idaho, myself. as there are small towns where the cost of living is similar to TN. I am not familiar with home prices. I do know that, if you have paid for a house in your high cost of living state, selling that one will pay for a much nicer house here, and of course no state income tax, much less expensive gas, food and well everything. If you are normal, you might like it. If you actually are the A#1 bitch you say, people won't put up with you.

I want to know where some of these people live that they are paying more than 3 times as much for a watermelon than we do here.
It's southern California
To repeat. The $22.00 I paid was a bargain.

Between inflation and covering theft losses prices are painful.

And this is the fault of the POTUS how?

Also, go up the road to WalMart and get a watermelon for less than 7 bucks.

1697465203349.png

I considered Idaho, myself. as there are small towns where the cost of living is similar to TN. I am not familiar with home prices. I do know that, if you have paid for a house in your high cost of living state, selling that one will pay for a much nicer house here, and of course no state income tax, much less expensive gas, food and well everything. If you are normal, you might like it. If you actually are the A#1 bitch you say, people won't put up with you.
If that's where they go, so I will go. I can live anywhere, and have.

The prices at the grocery store leave me gasping. There are things I have always gotten that I just can't afford anymore. It's disheartening.
don't be down.....think of all this is a tax to rid you of these gd destructive libturds the rest of your life

doesn't that sound better?

Forum List

Back