What if at the SOTU, someone shouts out "You lie!"?

You don't think it's important for the president to tell the country where we have been and where his direction for the coming year is going?

I do.
Do you REALLY give a fuck what Trump says? Really?

I don't believe you.

I think Trump should say:

"Fuck all you idiots. I am outta here. See my tweets on SOTU. Later."

But he is king idiot. Do you think he will talk to himself like that?

yeah, it's not like your ilk has any respect for the rest of the constitution
Fuck you. You don't even know what the constitution says.

article 2, section 3, chimp

stunning rebuttal, btw

were you on the debate team?

Section. 3.
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription

I hope they yell a bunch of shit and don't let him speak. Then, he says "goodnight" and leaves and never does that stupid speech again. FUCK the SOTU!!!

You don't think it's important for the president to tell the country where we have been and where his direction for the coming year is going?

I do.
I think that the Constitution says that from time to time, the President will report on the State of the Union to Congress.

Congress can inform the people. These speeches really do nothing but give partisans a chance to tell the American people that they oppose the President. We already know all that so why waste the time?

But he is king idiot. Do you think he will talk to himself like that?
PcwaSTz.jpg

stunning rebuttal, btw

Section. 3.
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

While not required to deliver a speech, every president since Woodrow Wilson, with the notable exception of Herbert Hoover,[7] has made at least one State of the Union report as a speech delivered before a joint session of Congress. Before that time, most presidents delivered the State of the Union as a written report.[5]

State of the Union - Wikipedia

It is unnecessary to go to Congress and make an actual speech.

stunning rebuttal, btw

Section. 3.

He does not have to give a speech to congress.

You took too many liberties with the language in the constitution.

He can send a letter.

Done.

Remember Obama's first SOTU back in 2009? Remember when Rep. Wilson shouted "you lie" at Obama?

Well..................my question is, how do you think Trump would handle something like that if someone shouted "you lie" to him? Think that he would have enough self control to just give a cold stare to the person that said it, or do you think that he would have a meltdown in mid speech?

Me? I think that Trump would have a meltdown and tell the person who shouted it what a loser they were and then forget to read the rest of the speech. He'd probably also call for an arrest of the person who did it.

Me personally? I'd LOVE to see something like that happen tonight. Not only would it be entertaining television, but it would be interesting to see how Trump would handle it.

What do you guys think?

He'd probably laugh. I don't think you people affect him much.

Remember too, that Joe Wilson was proved right the following day.

Remember Obama's first SOTU back in 2009? Remember when Rep. Wilson shouted "you lie" at Obama?

Well..................my question is, how do you think Trump would handle something like that if someone shouted "you lie" to him? Think that he would have enough self control to just give a cold stare to the person that said it, or do you think that he would have a meltdown in mid speech?

Me? I think that Trump would have a meltdown and tell the person who shouted it what a loser they were and then forget to read the rest of the speech. He'd probably also call for an arrest of the person who did it.

Me personally? I'd LOVE to see something like that happen tonight. Not only would it be entertaining television, but it would be interesting to see how Trump would handle it.

What do you guys think?

Unlike the Republican who said it, the left wing democrat would be praised all across the democrat party, Hollywood and the democrat controlled news orgs.

I was thinking about this today. I agree that he’d most likely have a meltdown.

We know his supporters would meltdown even though they cheered when Obama was shown disrespect

J.E.D. you are a liar your damn self... No one cheered... You have selective memory syndrome...

I’m not talking about Congress. I’m talking about the wingnut brigade here at usmb

If Trump gets called out for every lie, he’ll be there all night. They’ll have to be selective in what they call out. I mean, the guy tells 20 lies per day.

stunning rebuttal, btw

Section. 3.

While not required to deliver a speech, every president since Woodrow Wilson, with the notable exception of Herbert Hoover,[7] has made at least one State of the Union report as a speech delivered before a joint session of Congress. Before that time, most presidents delivered the State of the Union as a written report.[5]

State of the Union - Wikipedia

It is unnecessary to go to Congress and make an actual speech.
I would like for Trump and future presidents to go back to delivering the state of the union as a written report.

Forum List

Back