What if she didn't have a gun?

You're the one that brought up machine guns as if there was some relevance and now you admit that there isn't. Make up your mind!

"Background checks have stopped over a million sales to criminals."

And your proof is?

"Once we register guns and make it so all sales need a background check there will be even more stopped"

Mere speculation.

You are aware that firearms only account for 8 percent of violent crime. Aren't you?

Weapons Used in Violent Crimes

Weapon Used -- Rape -- Robbery -- Assault --Total
Gun -- 9.5% -- 20.0% -- 11.0% -- 12.7%
Knife -- 10.7% -- 16.7% -- 8.5% -- 10.1%
Other -- 4.1% -- 10.0% -- 12.9% -- 12.1%
Unknown Weapon -- 1.1% -- 2.4% -- 1.7% -- 1.8%
None -- 63.9% -- 39.7% -- 59.3% -- 55.8%
Don't Know -- 10.7% -- 11.2% -- 6.5% -- 7.5%

No I admitted that your clueless. How does your owning a machine gun show that our laws don't keep them from criminals? That would be true if you are a criminal. Are you? Wait you lie constantly so I guess your responses don't matter.

Hahahahahahahaha wow!!

Way to duck and weave when faced with facts.

Still hung up on "machine guns" that you first brought up and then admitted it wasn't relevant.

Of the 32 firearms (21.8 percent of the total) submitted in homicide cases, there were 24 (75.0 percent) handguns, 3 (9.0 percent) rifles, 4 (13.0 percent) shotguns, and 1 (3.0 percent) machine gun (submachine gun).

Of the 51 firearms (34.7 percent of the total) identified as being used in drug trafficking crimes, there were 47 (92.0 percent) handguns, 2 (4.0 percent) rifles, and 2 (4.0 percent) machine guns (submachine guns).
Firearms Used in Drug

Of the 6 firearms (4.0 percent of the total) identified as being related to street gang crimes, 5 (83.3 percent) were handguns and 1 (16.7 percent)was a machine gun (submachine gun).

Source:

Now this shows that the laws do not in fact keep machine guns away from criminals.

I'll concede that a fully automatic weapon is the least popular choice for criminals, but the point is the law doesn't prevent criminals from having them, the truth is the most common weapon among criminals is a handgun and that makes much more sense since they are a lot easier to conceal.

Look at this. In 2010 they were all of .6%. Sounds like the laws are working great:

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/publications/Firearms_Report_10.pdf

Keep dreaming buddy. You can pass all the legislation, or judicial decisions you want, but there are over 300 million firearms in this country, and while you might get some, millions of owners will not be willing to hand them over.

I'm sure after we make examples of a few of them, they will.

And here's how you do that. You pick out the nastiest ones you can find at first. Nazis, Polygamists, Cultists, and you hit them hard. and then you display their arsenals while highlighting their crazy.

The rest of the gun nuts won't want to be associated with that for very long, nor will their neighbors.

Why don't you focus on actual criminals instead of people who will never use the guns they own to harm anyone?

Because he's a psycho.

Unless your a criminal, you having a machine gun means nothing. The goal is to keep guns from criminals. I don't see a lot of crimes committed with them.

Background checks have stopped over a million sales to criminals. Once we register guns and make it so all sales need a background check there will be even more stopped.

I love how people make absurd claims and think they proves something.

What is an absurd claim?

That background checks have stopped over a million sales to criminals. If you don't believe me, try to prove me wrong.

No I admitted that your clueless. How does your owning a machine gun show that our laws don't keep them from criminals? That would be true if you are a criminal. Are you? Wait you lie constantly so I guess your responses don't matter.

Hahahahahahahaha wow!!

Still hung up on "machine guns" that you first brought up and then admitted it wasn't relevant.

Of the 32 firearms (21.8 percent of the total) submitted in homicide cases, there were 24 (75.0 percent) handguns, 3 (9.0 percent) rifles, 4 (13.0 percent) shotguns, and 1 (3.0 percent) machine gun (submachine gun).

Of the 51 firearms (34.7 percent of the total) identified as being used in drug trafficking crimes, there were 47 (92.0 percent) handguns, 2 (4.0 percent) rifles, and 2 (4.0 percent) machine guns (submachine guns).
Firearms Used in Drug

Of the 6 firearms (4.0 percent of the total) identified as being related to street gang crimes, 5 (83.3 percent) were handguns and 1 (16.7 percent)was a machine gun (submachine gun).

Source:

Now this shows that the laws do not in fact keep machine guns away from criminals.

I'll concede that a fully automatic weapon is the least popular choice for criminals, but the point is the law doesn't prevent criminals from having them, the truth is the most common weapon among criminals is a handgun and that makes much more sense since they are a lot easier to conceal.

That shows that they are very seldom used in crimes. Thanks for the support.

Strawman.

I never claimed that were used often in crimes. You made the claim that a law making it illegal for criminals to have machine guns worked. I showed you that criminals do use machine guns.

You're welcome.

Your next lesson will begin soon.

Hahahahahahahaha wow!!

Firearms Used in Drug

Source:

Look at this. In 2010 they were all of .6%. Sounds like the laws are working great:

Working great would be 0.0%.

But how does the stats of one state reflect the entire nation?

Hahahahahahahaha wow!!

Firearms Used in Drug

Source:

Just the same stats you used but newer.

Your never going to stop crime, just limit it. Don't be naive.

Hahahahahahahaha wow!!

Firearms Used in Drug

Source:

Strawman.

I never claimed that were used often in crimes. You made the claim that a law making it illegal for criminals to have machine guns worked. I showed you that criminals do use machine guns.

You're welcome.

It is working, they are the least used of all guns.

I'm not the one being naïve and thinking background checks or more laws are the answer. My solution is adhering to the 2nd Amendment which allows law abiding citizens unfettered access to firearms in order to defend themselves, their family and their property.

Strawman.

You're welcome.

Not because they are illegal you moron, because they are not practical.

Do you know how easy it is to convert a semi to a full? Of course you don't!

Strawman.

You're welcome.

Right and tommy guns were never popular with criminals. Submachine guns are smaller than rifles, yet rifles are used in more crimes. Sorry but the laws are working.

I'm not the one being naïve and thinking background checks or more laws are the answer. My solution is adhering to the 2nd Amendment which allows law abiding citizens unfettered access to firearms in order to defend themselves, their family and their property.

And you want criminals to get as many guns as possible. I guess gun sales would go down with fewer armed criminals eh dealer?

What they didn't tell you is that the employee was probably fired under company policy. I remember those days. The one time the two punks tried to rob me on delievery I beat them with a rock, my hands and a piece of a 2X4. Good times. That was a tough scrape.

As well she should be.

The first time a pizza delivery person shoots someone who makes them nervous, that's a nice big deep pocket for the lawyers of the deceased to tap into.

on fucking cue

a con says libs wanted her dead instead of alive and here you are proving it

I have no doubt that outlawing guns would be every bit as effective as outlawing cocaine has been....

Standard Disclaimer: Lampposts have risen up in protest to my comparison of leftists. Quoth one lamppost "claiming that leftists are stupid as a fucking lamppost is patently offensive; whether engaged in sex or not, lampposts are vastly brighter than leftists."

The fight against cocaine will be more effective as soon as it's used as a weapon to kill people. Right now it just hurts the dummy using it. Really not comparable.

I would be willing to bet you that more celebrities die from a drug overdose than from guns.

And you want criminals to get as many guns as possible. I guess gun sales would go down with fewer armed criminals eh dealer?

Now you're just throwing a hissy fit.

Why do you insist on making shit up?

First of all I don't sell to anyone that cannot pass a background check and sometimes I'll refuse even if they can pass one. I have the responsibility to understand the intent of the buyer. Why are they buying this particular weapon? What will be its primary function be? If I even faintly believe it will not be used in a manner consistent with its type or the person seems to be overly anxious I will not sell to them.

Right and tommy guns were never popular with criminals. Submachine guns are smaller than rifles, yet rifles are used in more crimes. Sorry but the laws are working.

I don't know about never, I do know about this day and age. Rifles are easier to access than full automatic firearms and there are more of them.

Laws only work when people obey them, criminals do not obey the law. That's why they are called "criminals"!

Why do you insist on making shit up?

First of all I don't sell to anyone that cannot pass a background check and sometimes I'll refuse even if they can pass one. I have the responsibility to understand the intent of the buyer. Why are they buying this particular weapon? What will be its primary function be? If I even faintly believe it will not be used in a manner consistent with its type or the person seems to be overly anxious I will not sell to them.

Hey, every movie I see shows gun dealers as willing to sell to anyone who needs a gun, so it must be true. They even have a box of ammo right there on the counter for them to load up.

Now you're just throwing a hissy fit.

If gun crimes go down, gun sales will go down.

I don't know about never, I do know about this day and age. Rifles are easier to access than full automatic firearms and there are more of them.

Laws only work when people obey them, criminals do not obey the law. That's why they are called "criminals"!

They are used in almost no crimes, the laws are working.

Forum List

Back