What if there had been no slaves in America?

built on the backs of free enslaved labor, gave the country the resources to run the whole "Manifest Destiny" gig, which in turn provided more resources.
You are historically illiterate. The reason the south was so backward and undeveloped was because of slavery. Slavery was an economic sinkhole. Much of the opposition to the Civil War, in both the north and the south, was the widespread feeling that slavery would die out on it's own because it was so non-productive. Read Alexis de Tocqueville's account of floating down the Ohio River in 1826 with slave Kentucky on one bank, and on the right bank, free Ohio. He says on the right it is a hive of industry and commercial activity, on the left, the torpor of untouched nature.

Resentful Jews have spent decades defaming the people who built this country because they hate accomplishment by Christians.

:rofl: Jewhater says what?

The South wasn't at all "backward and undeveloped" before the Civil War. It was where the money was as well as the best crop land. And its cotton especially fueled the national economy via vibrant international commerce.

I don't need no edumacation here Adolf. You do. Your blind bigot paranoia has all the consistency of a bagel shmear.

No, he is correct.

I mean, apart from his anti-Semitism.

Slavery stunted the South's growth and development. It discouraged education and urbanization, both of which were necessary for manufacturing. Only after Desegregation did manufacturing really take off in the South.

Nobody brought up "urbanization", nor is that a legitimate measure of "backward" or "forward". Nor is "industrialization".

Industrialization hadn't even started in the eighteenth century. That was the direction the North was going, because the best farmland, for crops as well as cotton, was in the South. We were an agrarian society then, and that put the wealth -- in the South. It wasn't trying to have manufacturing "take off". That isn't the point in an agrarian economy.

Also not aware of any "discouragement of education". Got any examples?

The civil war occurred in the 19th century. The north was industrialized. Toro is right, except for his hatred of white Christians, of course.

Would blacks still claim to be oppressed? Would we have race baiters?
If there had been no slaves in America, there would be no America because when Europeans wanted to build the country they did not have the labor force to do it and went to the continent of Africa to exploit them and enslave them to build America for them and their profit.

Nonsense. Of course, there would still be America.
How? Who would have built it? The native Americans were killed by the invaders and the Europeans couldn't spare the manpower. The land would still exist but it would look entirely different.

So slaves did everything, you do know that all whites didn't have slaves, only the ones that could afford one had them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that supposed to be an excuse?

Those whites who did not own slaves still condoned the institution
A poor, redneck white could still be proud that he was better than a slave

The Mexicans would have come in to pick our cotton.

Then there would have been no Robert Johnson.

And if there was no Robert Johnson, then we would have never had...

Eric Clapton
BB King
Stevie Ray Vaughn
The Stones
etc.​

:clap2:

There would have been no Buddy Bolden.

And if there had been no Buddy Bolden then we would have never had:

Louis Armstrong
Duke Ellington
Charlie Parker
John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk
Miles Davis
Fats Waller
Charles Mingus
Artie Shaw
Benny Goodman
etc etc etc​

There would have been no syncopation

And if there had been no syncopation then we never would have had:

Scott Joplin
R&B
Elvis
Motown
Dick Clark
etc etc etc​

There would have been no banjo.

And if there had been no banjo then we never would have had:

Bluegrass
Earl Scruggs
Tony Trishka
Béla Fleck
Steve Martin
etc etc etc
Excellent observation Billo. Whatever we're paying you, double it.

built on the backs of free enslaved labor, gave the country the resources to run the whole "Manifest Destiny" gig, which in turn provided more resources.
You are historically illiterate. The reason the south was so backward and undeveloped was because of slavery. Slavery was an economic sinkhole. Much of the opposition to the Civil War, in both the north and the south, was the widespread feeling that slavery would die out on it's own because it was so non-productive. Read Alexis de Tocqueville's account of floating down the Ohio River in 1826 with slave Kentucky on one bank, and on the right bank, free Ohio. He says on the right it is a hive of industry and commercial activity, on the left, the torpor of untouched nature.

Resentful Jews have spent decades defaming the people who built this country because they hate accomplishment by Christians.

:rofl: Jewhater says what?

The South wasn't at all "backward and undeveloped" before the Civil War. It was where the money was as well as the best crop land. And its cotton especially fueled the national economy via vibrant international commerce.

I don't need no edumacation here Adolf. You do. Your blind bigot paranoia has all the consistency of a bagel shmear.
You are just another resentful Jew who can't stand the fact of accomplishment in someone else's ancestry. Like a vicious little termite, you are.

Actually my religious affiliation is the same as my political affiliation--- "None".

That doesn't diminish our own complicity in slavery in America.
Define "our".

America's.

None of us alive are responsible for any slavery in America- but our country certainly was.

Just as I am proud of the American Constitution- as an American- I also recognize that our history of slavery is a stain on our past.

That doesn't mean we are a bad country- but it does mean we should recognize our accomplishments and learn from our mistakes.
The United States should feel very proud of our history regarding slavery. It is a noble history.

......It would have probably worked, too, if not for the presence of the Jew, who has worked tirelessly to promote racial hatred in this country. So fuck you.

LOL- you asshole racists- its always blame the Jews- and be proud of our history of slavery.

What a noble history you are so proud of- the Constitutional compromise met to convince the Southern Slave holder states to sign off on the Constitution writing protections into the Constitution for slavery- and counting slaves as 2/3 of a person.

And lets not forget the laws in the United States which permitted the selling of men, women and children- children from their mothers, children sold to brothels to service our fellow Americans.

Proud indeed.

And it all would have worked too(according to you)- if it wasn't for those darned Jews!
No, you vicious white-hater, what would have worked was our attempt a forging a multi-racial nation, maybe, but the Jews sabotaged that. Jews want a race war.

Methinks the earwigs that crawled into your skull want a brain war. They're in competition to see which side can eat the most.

Oughta be settled any minute now. Place yer bets.

Louis Armstrong
Duke Ellington
Charlie Parker
John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk
Miles Davis
Fats Waller
Charles Mingus
Artie Shaw
Benny Goodman
etc etc etc​

Scott Joplin
R&B
Elvis
Motown
Dick Clark
etc etc etc​

Bluegrass
Earl Scruggs
Tony Trishka
Béla Fleck
Steve Martin
etc etc etc
You forgot Woody Guthrie.

Louis Armstrong
Duke Ellington
Charlie Parker
John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk
Miles Davis
Fats Waller
Charles Mingus
Artie Shaw
Benny Goodman
etc etc etc​

Scott Joplin
R&B
Elvis
Motown
Dick Clark
etc etc etc​

Bluegrass
Earl Scruggs
Tony Trishka
Béla Fleck
Steve Martin
etc etc etc
You forgot Woody Guthrie.
Didn't he used to be on Cheers?

Actually my religious affiliation is the same as my political affiliation--- "None".
I'm talking about your ethnicity.

Celtic mainly.

Dafuk's that got to do with the fact that I know something about US history and you're a knuckedragging bigot?
My apologies. Your foaming-at-the-mouth hatred of white Christians had me thinking your were a Jew.

I'm talking about your ethnicity.

Celtic mainly.

Dafuk's that got to do with the fact that I know something about US history and you're a knuckedragging bigot?
My apologies. Your foaming-at-the-mouth hatred of white Christians had me thinking your were a Jew.

--- and that's a handy demonstration of your knuckledragging bigotry that I already pointed out. Waaaaay ahead of you in more ways than one.

And it's also a bracing demonstration of stark illiteracy, since I never brought up anything about "Christians" at all.

If there had been no slaves in America, there would be no America because when Europeans wanted to build the country they did not have the labor force to do it and went to the continent of Africa to exploit them and enslave them to build America for them and their profit.
False. A lot of America lived without slaves.

But not without the benefits of slave labor.

poor whites and most Northerners did not live off slave labor

poor whites and most Northerners did not live off slave labor

But the national economy did. It even built the White House, ironic as that is.

Forum List

Back