What if there is no god?

We have acres and miles of archeological evidence supporting Bible Scripture, besides any number of recorded miracles.
No evidence ever seems adequate

There is no archaeological evidence that god exists.

No one has ever attempted to show me any.

There is also no evidence that the miracles in the bible took place.

You mean other than the miracles that happen now.

I would likely commence questioning all the wonders I have seen and experienced.

For instance, when my heart is broken - how do I know people are praying for me before they say so? How does my spirit get soothed when I am devastated? How do I attain peace in the middle of the darkest storms?

I have checked outside the box. These are things I could not explain.

Problem with your hypothetical is the only way we could know there was no God is for us to be everywhere in the universe at the same time, at all times, and likewise outside the universe. In other words, in order to know there is no God, you'd have to be God.

Meanwhile in order to know there is God, you just have to interact with Him. Do His will and you will know it. Seek Him and you will find Him.

Do you have the courage and intellectual honesty to experiment on the word?

You're just dodging the question. If it will convince you to actually answer it, modify the question to "would you live life any differently if you lost your faith in God?". It's not a challenge or a threat. It's an honest query that gets to an important ethical issue. The question could also be rephrased to "would you still have the same moral values if you didn't believe in God?".

Last edited:
I have a question for all the believers.

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that your god, the god that you believe in, was false?

How would your life be affected?

I know this is a difficult concept for many of you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your religious beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can do it.

To quote the penguins from "Madagagar" having reached the South Pole, "Well this sucks." :)

We have acres and miles of archeological evidence supporting Bible Scripture, besides any number of recorded miracles.
bullshit! you have "stuff" claimed to SUPPORT SCRIPTURE BUT THIS STUFF HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN.
AS TO THE MIRACLES, BESIDE BEING A SOUL BAND IN THE 1960'S AND 70'S there is no objective physical or non religious anecdotal evidence to corroborate them..

Much of scripture is a historical account, there are volumes of archeological evidence to support this history. As for miracles there are many postulations as to natural causes but no evidence that proves or disproves.
Some is literal some is figurative..

bullshit! you have "stuff" claimed to SUPPORT SCRIPTURE BUT THIS STUFF HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN.
AS TO THE MIRACLES, BESIDE BEING A SOUL BAND IN THE 1960'S AND 70'S there is no objective physical or non religious anecdotal evidence to corroborate them..

Much of scripture is a historical account, there are volumes of archeological evidence to support this history. As for miracles there are many postulations as to natural causes but no evidence that proves or disproves.
In this instance (archaeologically related) I'm only referring to the history related in the Bible. The rest is purely metaphysical and all that entails.

Such a sad soul.....
And one with a keyboard that has a screwy CAP button, at that.

It gets so very tiresome seeing the endless threads started by atheists asking believers to prove God's existence.

Is it, maybe, that they seek Him and are just looking for a logical reason to do so?
There's no logic to it.

It's Faith.
You won't find it on a message board.
It doesn't have image or quote codes.
It doesn't even have a smiley emoticon box.

While I don't have any more "evidence" of His existence than atheists have of His non-existence, I do know - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that one day proof will be provided, one way or the other, and one group of people is going to be really surprised!!!
(I'm not claiming to KNOW which group)

:eusa_pray:
not sad at all....that like everything else in your post is an assumption.
it does not answer the question..is there any evidence of god?
or is it you have to believe god in to exsistance?
if that were so then god and Tinkerbell are the same...
btw it's impossible for you or any believer to "know" because "knowing" does not require faith and faith is the major component of all religions. " beyond a shadow of a doubt" is hubris nothing more..
on the other hand if nonbelievers claim to know what they usually mean is what's most probable...or they suffer from the same hubris believers do.

Last edited:
In this instance (archaeologically related) I'm only referring to the history related in the Bible. The rest is purely metaphysical and all that entails.
I agree. what I'm getting at is most of the places in the bible did /do exist with some major exceptions ,the garden of Eden,the tower of babel etc..
they are like stage or movie sets they prove the place was there but are only marginal proof of the events said to have taken place in them..

much of scripture is a historical account, there are volumes of archeological evidence to support this history. As for miracles there are many postulations as to natural causes but no evidence that proves or disproves.

mankind has all creation as proof of god,what kind of fool needs more???

Which insane asylum are you posting from again? Oh yeah, the institute for pathetic pretenders. :thup:
must be a government funded facility ...privately owned institutions have better drugs...

Ah, but you guys God is all-forgiving!

You're hedging your bets for nothing....unless your beliefs are irreparably flawed.

Believing that God is all forgiving is irreparably flawed. He is not.
He is capable of being such, but without you accepting the salvation provided through His Son, He has no choice but to judge you clothed in your sin. The penalty for sin is death.
He offered you a sin free alternative because He loves you. You declined the offer. Your devastating choice, for all eternity. :eusa_pray:
the penalty for sin is death? not much of a threat as we all die anyway...
ever seen anybody die instantly from sin? I don't mean car accidents or heart attacks etc..
as I understand it, that line is an immediate threat.. as in if you do that you die, right then and there...not from other causes later on ...

Problem with your hypothetical is the only way we could know there was no God is for us to be everywhere in the universe at the same time, at all times, and likewise outside the universe. In other words, in order to know there is no God, you'd have to be God.

Meanwhile in order to know there is God, you just have to interact with Him. Do His will and you will know it. Seek Him and you will find Him.

Do you have the courage and intellectual honesty to experiment on the word?

Ah, but you guys God is all-forgiving!

You're hedging your bets for nothing....unless your beliefs are irreparably flawed.

Believing that God is all forgiving is irreparably flawed. He is not.
He is capable of being such, but without you accepting the salvation provided through His Son, He has no choice but to judge you clothed in your sin. The penalty for sin is death.
He offered you a sin free alternative because He loves you. You declined the offer. Your devastating choice, for all eternity. :eusa_pray:
the penalty for sin is death? not much of a threat as we all die anyway...
ever seen anybody die instantly from sin? I don't mean car accidents or heart attacks etc..
as I understand it, that line is an immediate threat.. as in if you do that you die, right then and there...not from other causes later on ...
I think you missed the point. He's referring to the metaphysical not the physical. According to Biblical teachings "death" means an eternity away from the presence of God, an eternity in hell if you will. Believers believe the soul, a persons true essence, will suffer eternally because they rejected salvation though Jesus Christ in physical life. It has to do with God's word, what he has spoken hence what he cannot, because of who he is, go back on. According to the teachings, God required sacrifice for the atonement of sin and ultimately came down to earth in the human form of Jesus to be the perfect, final sacrifice for all who accept that as truth. Again, it's the metaphysical and as I have stated numerous time unprovable, though I will add, except by dying and finding out one way or the other. Just relaying what the teaching says.

I agree. what I'm getting at is most of the places in the bible did /do exist with some major exceptions ,the garden of Eden,the tower of babel etc..
they are like stage or movie sets they prove the place was there but are only marginal proof of the events said to have taken place in them..

The worst part is believers tend to grasp at every single shred of "evidence" that they think proves the Bible while non believers grasp at every single shred of "evidence" that they think disproves the Bible. Such are the follies of humans.

I'd be amazed at the sheer coinkydink that turned a ball of tumbling burning magma into a world covered in life.

Just the vast number of coincidences that would need perfect timing, keeps me thinking there must be soothing pulling the strings.

Science leads me to believe,what are the numerical odds that life could start,find a way to survive and reproduce,before perishing?

If I die and there is no God, I will have lived a compassionate life that ended with my death.

Now let me ask you a question:
What if you die and He does exist, and Christ is the only way to the Father. Where does that leave you?

Yeah, but what if the Hare Krishna's were correct? Or the Druids, or the Branch Davidians, Greeks, Romans, Baal worshipers, Hindus, animists, or the followers of a thousand other gods? Would they be pissed off if you worshiped someone else?

Most sickening sight I can remember seeing - I mean in real life, not in a cartoon - was that of a block of saffron-robed Hare Krishnas prancing on the steps of St. Paul's Cathedral.

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that your god, the god that you believe in, was false?

I know this is a difficult concept for many of you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your religious beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can do it.

The absence of God does not hurt nor harm anything, what you should be asking is the unbelievers, What if THERE IS A GOD? All those unbelievers would be doomed by their actions and inactions.

I'm sure you can do it.

The absence of God does not hurt nor harm anything, what you should be asking is the unbelievers, What if THERE IS A GOD? All those unbelievers would be doomed by their actions and inactions.

That doesn't answer the question. If you lost your faith in God and become convince that none existed, would it change the way you live your life? Would you behave any differently? I really don't think it's meant to be a "trick question".

I'm sure you can do it.

that is the ultimate in hubris....you have no idea what god will do or not do with so called unbelievers
for all you know god might give unbelievers a prime spot in heaven.for keep you "Christians" honest .
I remember something about god working in mysterious ways....

Forum List

Back