What if there is no god?

Well, considering that the only way for me to learn for certain that there is no God is for me to DIE, my Life would not be affected in the slightest.

Also, since we "believers" can never provide adequate evidence that there IS a God, I find it very hard to 'believe' that anyone could ever prove to me that there ISN'T a God.

That's where you are very wrong. At least for myself.

I would believe in your god if you provided me with hard evidence of its existence.

Well, considering that the only way for me to learn for certain that there is no God is for me to DIE, my Life would not be affected in the slightest.

Also, since we "believers" can never provide adequate evidence that there IS a God, I find it very hard to 'believe' that anyone could ever prove to me that there ISN'T a God.

I would believe in your god if you provided me with hard evidence of its existence.

We have acres and miles of archeological evidence supporting Bible Scripture, besides any number of recorded miracles.
No evidence ever seems adequate

We have acres and miles of archeological evidence supporting Bible Scripture, besides any number of recorded miracles.

There is no archaeological evidence that god exists.

No one has ever attempted to show me any.

There is also no evidence that the miracles in the bible took place.

I have a question for all the believers.

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that your god, the god that you believe in, was false?

How would your life be affected?

I know this is a difficult concept for many of you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your religious beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can do it.

Okay smartass, yup, you're being snarky, what if tomorrow you woke up and found out there was a God and everything you don't believe in was real.

I know this is a difficult concept for you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can do it...........

See, two can play your puerile little game. :thup:

I'm not sure why you're so defensive here. Your question is probably the most common challenge posed to non-believers. We answer it all the time.

I'm not sure why you're so defensive here. Your question is probably the most common challenge posed to non-believers. We answer it all the time.

I couldn't imagine asking my question any politer than I did. I hoped most believers would have appreciated that. They ask us all the time to question our comfort zone and try to embrace different ideas, they should be able to do the same.

I have a question for all the Obamabot believers.

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that your God, the Messiah that you believe in, was false?

I know this is a difficult concept for many of you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your religious beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can't do it.
false comparison! the pres never claimed to be the son of god!

bullshit! you have "stuff" claimed to SUPPORT SCRIPTURE BUT THIS STUFF HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN.
AS TO THE MIRACLES, BESIDE BEING A SOUL BAND IN THE 1960'S AND 70'S there is no objective physical or non religious anecdotal evidence to corroborate them..

No worries!!! God is very real!!! But what if there were no god?? Believers would still have lived their lives as blessed happy children of god looking forward to eternity filled with happyness and joy with new imortal bodies!!!

No worries!!! God is very real!!! But what if there were no god?? Believers would still have lived their lives as blessed happy children of god looking forward to eternity filled with happyness and joy with new imortal bodies!!!

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that there was no god?

The question is, would it change anything about how you live your life if you found out if there was no literal god? It seems like a fair, and interesting, question.

If I die and there is no God, I will have lived a compassionate life that ended with my death.

Now let me ask you a question:
What if you die and He does exist, and Christ is the only way to the Father. Where does that leave you?

you have just described the Pascal's wager :)

if i die and there is no god, i will have lived a compassionate life that ended with my death.

What if you die and he does exist, and christ is the only way to the father. Where does that leave you?

you have just described the pascal's wager :)

where is your answer???? Fear won't allow you to answer???

Don't cast your pearls before the swine.

I have a question for all the believers.

What would you do if you found out tomorrow that your god, the god that you believe in, was false?

I'm sure you can do it.

Okay smartass, yup, you're being snarky, what if tomorrow you woke up and found out there was a God and everything you don't believe in was real.

I know this is a difficult concept for you to contemplate, so I'm asking you to think outside the box and put yourself into a hypothetical alternate universe where it turns out your beliefs are false.

I'm sure you can do it...........

See, two can play your puerile little game. :thup:

Defensive? That's an interesting view to take considering the OP was being snarky about the question and I was simply pointing it out in like manner, not to mention the fact it was nothing more than an obvious juvenile jab at believers. Again I was simply pointing it out in like manner.
In reality your response to me is a classic defensive posturing. I could care less whether someone is a believer or not, that's not what I'm addressing but someone would have to be highly educated or at least open minded to see that.

if i die and there is no god, i will have lived a compassionate life that ended with my death.

What if you die and he does exist, and christ is the only way to the father. Where does that leave you?

you have just described the pascal's wager :)

where is your answer???? Fear won't allow you to answer???

I give my answer when I feel like it not when somebody demands :D

Defensive? That's an interesting view to take considering the OP was being snarky about the question and I was simply pointing it out in like manner, not to mention the fact it was nothing more than an obvious juvenile jab at believers. Again I was simply pointing it out in like manner.
In reality your response to me is a classic defensive posturing. I could care less whether someone is a believer or not, that's not what I'm addressing but someone would have to be highly educated or at least open minded to see that.

What would you do and think if you discovered tomorrow that your god didn't exist?

bullshit! you have "stuff" claimed to SUPPORT SCRIPTURE BUT THIS STUFF HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN.
AS TO THE MIRACLES, BESIDE BEING A SOUL BAND IN THE 1960'S AND 70'S there is no objective physical or non religious anecdotal evidence to corroborate them..

Much of scripture is a historical account, there are volumes of archeological evidence to support this history. As for miracles there are many postulations as to natural causes but no evidence that proves or disproves.

Forum List

Back