What if: Trump picks Bill Clinton as his V.P. ????

Such a selection would be Unconstitutional. Clinton has served two terms as President. Having served in that office Mr. Clinton both Legally and Constitutionally barred from
Such a selection would be Unconstitutional. Clinton has served two terms as President. Having served in that office Mr. Clinton both Legally and Constitutionally barred from serving as either President or Vice-President.

Bullshit....

Bill can serve as V.P.

He's ineligible.

No he is not.

Is he eligible to be President again?

No, he is Constitutionally precluded from for a 3rd. Term.

Having served as President, he cannot then serve a Vice President due to his previous time in the Oval Office.

Read the 22nd Amendment and show me where it says that.

Such a selection would be Unconstitutional. Clinton has served two terms as President. Having served in that office Mr. Clinton both Legally and Constitutionally barred from
Such a selection would be Unconstitutional. Clinton has served two terms as President. Having served in that office Mr. Clinton both Legally and Constitutionally barred from serving as either President or Vice-President.

Bullshit....

Bill can serve as V.P.

He's ineligible.

No he is not.

Is he eligible to be President again?

No, he is Constitutionally precluded from for a 3rd. Term.

Having served as President, he cannot then serve a Vice President due to his previous time in the Oval Office.
actually, that was written before there were term limits. I think its something that would actually have to go to the supreme court for a decision on.
The amendment actually states something to the effect of, if a person is not eligible for the office of president, then he is not eligible for the office of Vice President.. however back then 1800 or close to it, the requirements were the age and whatnot, it had nothing to do with terms since there were no terms at that time.
It is not totally impossible for the Supreme Court to decide in favor of a two term president being eligible for a position as Vice President somewhere down the road.

Such a selection would be Unconstitutional. Clinton has served two terms as President. Having served in that office Mr. Clinton botht Legally and Constitutionally barred from serving as either President or Vice-President.

Why does this hoax get continued? By the 22nd Amendment he can not be ELECTED president. Nothing is said about VP. Try reading what it says instead of what you "heard".

The Twelfth Amendment states that "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States."

That refers to the qualifications spelled out in the original Constitution. For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger is not eligible to be VP because he is not a natural born US citizen.

From the 12th. Amendment of the U.S. Constitution ratified in 1804.

"No person Constitutionally ineligible to the Office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

Bill Clinton cannot serve of Vice-President of the United States.

Such a selection would be Unconstitutional. Clinton has served two terms as President. Having served in that office Mr. Clinton botht Legally and Constitutionally barred from serving as either President or Vice-President.

Why does this hoax get continued? By the 22nd Amendment he can not be ELECTED president. Nothing is said about VP. Try reading what it says instead of what you "heard".

The Twelfth Amendment states that "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States."

That refers to the qualifications spelled out in the original Constitution. For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger is not eligible to be VP because he is not a natural born US citizen.

"No person Constitutionally ineligible to the Office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

but the eligibility requirements of a two term limit had not been established at that time.

I suppose one could look at it for what it is worth, the 22nd was to make sure that if the president were to die or leave office for any reason, the Vice President, being the one that would replace him would be eligible to hold that office, so, since we now have a two term limit, would that automatically be construed as a reason under the 22nd even though it was not specifically an issue then?
Sorry, I keep saying 22 when it is the 12th. My error

but the eligibility requirements of a two term limit had not been established at that time.

Not relevant. The 22nd. Amendment strictly establishes eligibility for the Office of President.

22nd Amendment.

Bill Clinton is not eligible under the Constitution to serve another term as Vice-President or President.

A Vice-President Clinton could not serve in the Office of the President of the U.S. should the person serving in that office die. His previous 2-terms makes him Constitutionally Ineligible.

Not relevant. The 22nd. Amendment strictly establishes eligibility for the Office of President.

22nd Amendment.

Bill Clinton is not eligible under the Constitution to serve another term as Vice-President or President.

A Vice-President Clinton could not serve in the Office of the President of the U.S. should the person serving in that office die. His previous 2-terms makes him Constitutionally Ineligible.
look at the post above yours. I made a mention of the fact that I was listing the wrong one.
but carry on.

22nd Amendment.

look at the post above yours. I made a mention of the fact that I was listing the wrong one.
but carry on.

I have read my post(s) and my post(s) stand.

Both the 12th. and 22nd. Amendment makes Bill Clinton ineligible to serve.

I suppose one could look at it for what it is worth, the 22nd was to make sure that if the president were to die or leave office for any reason, the Vice President, being the one that would replace him would be eligible to hold that office, so, since we now have a two term limit, would that automatically be construed as a reason under the 22nd even though it was not specifically an issue then?
Sorry, I keep saying 22 when it is the 12th. My error

I think FDR being elected to a third term was the reason for the 22nd Amendment, but I could be wrong. It is silly to even discuss this IMO since Trump will not be elected and he wouldn't even consider a sexual predator for VP. Why am I doing this? Bored on New Years Day after watching Michigan slaughter Florida.

22nd Amendment.

but carry on.

Neither one specifically says that a two term president is not eligible to be vice president. Other than the non written fact that it would leave the vice president as president should something happen, and that would be an issue.

He is not ineligible to be president. He just cannot be ELECTED.

He can't be elected President or Vice President.
Because he's not eligible to be Vice President.
Because he's constitutionally ineligible to the office of President.

Yes, neither Bill Clinton Nor Arnold could be President or Vice President.

Doesn't matter. The Constitutional requirements were changed. As it stands, now, he is ineligible.

22nd Amendment.

but carry on.

Neither one specifically says that a two term president is not eligible to be vice president. Other than the non written fact that it would leave the vice president as president should something happen, and that would be an issue.

Neither one specifically says that a two term president is not eligible to be vice president.

His 2 terms means he is not eligible to be President again.

"No person Constitutionally ineligible to the Office of President

This refers to Clinton

shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

This means he can't be VP.

Doesn't matter. The Constitutional requirements were changed. As it stands, now, he is ineligible.

Now wait a minute here........

If something would happen to Trump as President, and then his VP (whoever it is) took over as President, and something happened to him, then according to the Constitution, the Speaker of the House would then be President.

That being said, could Trump pick Bill Clinton, and if something happened to Trump, and Bill couldn't take over because of term limits, the Speaker of the House would have to take over? That doesn't mean that Bill can't be VP, he just can't take the position of POTUS if something happened to Trump.

22nd Amendment.

Quote the applicable text.

That means he cannot run for reelection!

22nd Amendment.

but carry on.

Quote the applicable portions, so I can destroy your arguments.

Forum List

Back