What Is "Identity Politics?"

I'm neither a Republican nor a conservative - I voted for Hillary - but I'll be happy to help. Identity Politics is the cynical political strategy - deployed most often by "progressives" - of dividing people into various grievance groups and then pandering to them and leveraging them for political favor. So, it may be by race, or by gender, or by religion, or by job description, or by income/net worth, or by geography, or some combination therein. Instead of people just being Americans, they are made into hyphenated-Americans by Identity Politics.
Also, Dictionary.com gets it pretty well:

noun, ( used with a singular or plural verb)

1. political activity or movements based on or catering to the cultural, ethnic, gender, racial, religious, or social interests that characterize a group identity.

It's about POLITICS, disguised as "caring".

I'm neither a Republican nor a conservative - I voted for Hillary - but I'll be happy to help.

Identity Politics is the cynical political strategy - deployed most often by "progressives" - of dividing people into various grievance groups and then pandering to them and leveraging them for political favor.

So, it may be by race, or by gender, or by religion, or by job description, or by income/net worth, or by geography, or some combination therein. Instead of people just being Americans, they are made into hyphenated-Americans by Identity Politics.

I hope that helps!
You're a self-proclaimed conservative...right?

The definition you gave applies to Republicans, because they're always pitting the so-called Christians against non-Christians, the so-called "Job Creators" against the working class, the so-called "winners" against the "losers", the rich against the poor, etc.

Why don't I ever see you harping about that Mac1958?

It's because the term was made-up by conservative grievance messengers, that don't want to be in "groups" where they are politically losing in. However, have no problems with creating groups they feel they are politically winning in, as I highlighted above.

Good day sir!!!

4f84ab77e17f64fdd6427568a983b87ae15219f4293903f993605408ec91761e.jpg

Last edited:
I'm neither a Republican nor a conservative - I voted for Hillary - but I'll be happy to help.

Identity Politics is the cynical political strategy - deployed most often by "progressives" - of dividing people into various grievance groups and then pandering to them and leveraging them for political favor.

So, it may be by race, or by gender, or by religion, or by job description, or by income/net worth, or by geography, or some combination therein. Instead of people just being Americans, they are made into hyphenated-Americans by Identity Politics.

I hope that helps!

The definition you gave applies to Republicans, because they're always pitting the so-called Christians against non-Christians, the so-called "Job Creators" against the working class, the so-called "winners" against the "losers", the rich against the poor, etc.

It's because the term was made-up by conservative grievance messengers, that don't want to be in "groups" where they are losing in. However, have no problems with creating groups they feel they are winning in, as I highlighted above.

Good day sir!!!

tumblr_lqz7rbvdWO1qlwnn4o1_500.gif

You completely lac any self awareness, your side practices nothing but division politics. Damn those nasty 1%er's.

I keep hearing Republicans using this term.

To me it's just how Republicans respond to issues they aren't winning on.

What is it exactly? Can you explain it in a sensible way?
lol

Holy shit

I hope that helps!

It's because the term was made-up by conservative grievance messengers, that don't want to be in "groups" where they are losing in. However, have no problems with creating groups they feel they are winning in, as I highlighted above.

Good day sir!!!

4f84ab77e17f64fdd6427568a983b87ae15219f4293903f993605408ec91761e.jpg
Nope, I'm a left-leaning independent, and you're welcome to look at the link in my sig as proof.

I knew this wasn't a serious thread (I know that wingers aren't terribly honest), but I decided to have a little fun. I can see that you're going to try to co-opt the term "Identity Politics", just as regressives have with "snowflake". And just as the conservatives have with "fake news".

That's what hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends do when they've been stung with a term.

Amazing how similar the two ends of the spectrum are, isn't it?

And a good day to you too, sir.

:bye1:

I hope that helps!

Good day sir!!!

tumblr_lqz7rbvdWO1qlwnn4o1_500.gif

You completely lac any self awareness, your side practices nothing but division politics. Damn those nasty 1%er's.
The regressives have badly damaged the party with this crap, and they're partly responsible for Trump being in the White House.

And yeah, they don't (won't) see it.

Forum List

Back