What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

Black guys punch white women is meh, whatever

White guy punches black man and is arrested for federal hate crime

One Nation, under god. Is offensive

Miley cyris grinds her twat against a mans cock on tv; it's ok.
man says homo sex is a sin; loses his job

excluding someone at work is harassment, unless the people doing it are speaking spanish, even though they can speak english.

And that's just off the top of my head

If an top applicant is a white male is up against a far less woman or minority, he may not get the job due to quota requirements.

A smarter hard working white kids get passed over for colleges b/c they need to pick minorities.

gosh, there's just so much harm you liberals have done, it boggles the mind

Guys, you are mixing together the everyday PC which basically are just good manners and being polite and political bullying in the name of FAKE "political correctness" the way is is understand by the left.

If anything, 50 years ago were much more polite in the everyday life and I can't picture a man or a woman calling anybody a fag or a ******, if they were themselves well brought up - it simply did not happen if you were observing just basic manners. Most people did not even know about the word "fag" :D

Now, there are NO basic manners, people are barely polite and requiring manners and appropriateness in dressing and behaving is "limiting my freedom of expression".

But you are being enforced to adhere to some set of POLITICAL beliefs and what can you say in public about them byt the PC gestapo - with not that camouflaged a message - you can still think whatever you want, you just can not express it PUBLICLY.

It is CENSORSHIP.

It has absolutely nothing to do with everyday basic politeness and manners.

It is taking your rights away and changing the society to a CAMP.

50 years ago people were much more "polite"

Blacks knew their place and said Yes Sir, No Sir
Women knew their place and did what their husbands told them
Gays? Gays hid in the shadows pretending to be straight. Or else

Far left Propaganda!

it is an example of the classic politically correct bullshit of nowadays.

Larry Summers said at a meeting that the reason there were fewer women in science was because women inheritently were less suited to it.
He lost his job. PC run amok. (He was right btw).

A friend of mine, a South African Jewish doctor naturalized in the U.S. told one of the black nurses that he was truly "African-American" and she wasn't. He nearly lost his job. And he was right btw.

Women aren't inherently less suited for science. They are just less interested in science. That's the real heresy. Rejecting truth has become fashionable.

Here's what he actually said:
So my best guess, to provoke you, of what's behind all of this is that the largest phenomenon, by far, is the general clash between people's legitimate family desires and employers' current desire for high power and high intensity, that in the special case of science and engineering, there are issues of intrinsic aptitude, and particularly of the variability of aptitude, and that those considerations are reinforced by what are in fact lesser factors involving socialization and continuing discrimination. I would like nothing better than to be proved wrong, because I would like nothing better than for these problems to be addressable simply by everybody understanding what they are, and working very hard to address them.[30]
Note that he wasnt proposing this necessarily as his own, and he deplored the conditions. No matter, he spoke words that shall not be spoken in academia and he was out.

50 years ago people were much more "polite"

Blacks knew their place and said Yes Sir, No Sir
Women knew their place and did what their husbands told them
Gays? Gays hid in the shadows pretending to be straight. Or else

Far left Propaganda!

it is an example of the classic politically correct bullshit of nowadays.

Blacks knew their place and said yes, sir and no, sir.
Whites also knoew their place and also said yes sir and no sir.
Things are better now because?

I cant call you a bull dyke at work, you would be screaming "hate speech".

Of course you can. You can also fart loudly in the lunch room, leave your half eaten food on a table and for lack of a shower smell awful. You can do most anything which is not illegal or a violation of company policy with immunity. At least immunity from punishment for being a jerk; such can lead to someone in authority putting a flashlight on your work behavior and work product which might not be a benefit to you.

Larry Summers said at a meeting that the reason there were fewer women in science was because women inheritently were less suited to it.
He lost his job. PC run amok. (He was right btw).

A friend of mine, a South African Jewish doctor naturalized in the U.S. told one of the black nurses that he was truly "African-American" and she wasn't. He nearly lost his job. And he was right btw.

Women aren't inherently less suited for science. They are just less interested in science. That's the real heresy. Rejecting truth has become fashionable.

Here's what he actually said:
So my best guess, to provoke you, of what's behind all of this is that the largest phenomenon, by far, is the general clash between people's legitimate family desires and employers' current desire for high power and high intensity, that in the special case of science and engineering, there are issues of intrinsic aptitude, and particularly of the variability of aptitude, and that those considerations are reinforced by what are in fact lesser factors involving socialization and continuing discrimination. I would like nothing better than to be proved wrong, because I would like nothing better than for these problems to be addressable simply by everybody understanding what they are, and working very hard to address them.[30]
Note that he wasnt proposing this necessarily as his own, and he deplored the conditions. No matter, he spoke words that shall not be spoken in academia and he was out.

The left sees a problem, but cannot address the root cause of the problem because it flies in the face of its dogma. So women not getting into science and engineering in sufficient numbers isnt because alot of them don't want to, its because the patriarchal bastards in the professions find some way to prevent them from going into them, due to said bastards hatred of all things womyn-y.

I cant call you a bull dyke at work, you would be screaming "hate speech".

They'd be right. Just like a Republican. Hating their right to hate being questioned.

Let 'em die

Feed the poor and they will breed

cut school lunches and daycare

fits right in with who they are

Last edited by a moderator:
it keeps you from discussing problems and what to do to solve those problems
for example black violent crime in America cant discuss it with out being called a racist
so the problem gets swept under the rug and people burry their head in the sand and do their best just to ignore it out of fear of being called a racist for bringing the subject up

I always have to laugh when conservatives lament that they can't talk about certain issues,

because as often as not they're the same types who boast about how rightwing talk radio dominates the airwaves,

and how Foxnews is the highest rated 'news' channel on cable.

The 'lament' and the 'boast' are completely incompatible. Both cannot be true.

Pick one.

and Fox news and conservative radio personalities constantly get called racist for doing just what I mentioned. So it is either you keep your mouth shut or get called a racist

So you want liberal free speech curtailed somehow.

lol, classic.

My take on this Phil Robertson issue is, show me how anyone was actually harmed by what he said. Last time I checked, I was allowed to say anything I want. Doesn't mean anyone has to agree or disagree with me. Phil was asked questions, and he answered them honestly based on his moral principles. The journalist conducting the interview was fully aware of this and asked those questions with the full intent of soliciting the response provided, IMHO.

Now people want to "punish" him for his thoughts. I was under the assumption that it took actions to actually harm or deprive someone of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Guess we'll just throw out that "outdated" constitution of ours.

The man is making money off public opinion. Those who have a problem with him have just as much right to try to impact public opinion as he does.

How is that working out?

Those who believe they have a right to impact public opinion just haven't make a correct judgment of what public opinion is.

So you concede that no one is 'forcing' A&E to do anything.

Jesus Christ we've been trying to get that through your fat heads for a week.

I always have to laugh when conservatives lament that they can't talk about certain issues,

because as often as not they're the same types who boast about how rightwing talk radio dominates the airwaves,

and how Foxnews is the highest rated 'news' channel on cable.

The 'lament' and the 'boast' are completely incompatible. Both cannot be true.

Pick one.

and Fox news and conservative radio personalities constantly get called racist for doing just what I mentioned. So it is either you keep your mouth shut or get called a racist

So you want liberal free speech curtailed somehow.

lol, classic.

You still havent answered my previous question to you. I assume its because you either can't answer it, or your answer pegs you as the progressive fascist asshole we all know you are.

The man is making money off public opinion. Those who have a problem with him have just as much right to try to impact public opinion as he does.

Yeah ... Kind of like Cracker Barrel making money off of public opinion and Duck Dynasty merchandise.
They decided to pull all the Phil stuff from their shelves in support of the gay community ... Up until the public told them they had better not ... At which time they said they were mistaken and wouldn't stop selling Duck Dynasty merchandise after all.

Guys, you are mixing together the everyday PC which basically are just good manners and being polite and political bullying in the name of FAKE "political correctness" the way is is understand by the left.

This is a great point.

Another thing the PC Police have done well is conflate fundamental manners with the intellectual dishonesty of PC. "What do you have against manners?" is a typical straw man.

I have nothing against manners, and I'm always amused when those here who are so worried about manners are so quick to launch into name-calling and personal insults.

This isn't about "manners", it's about a dishonest game that has been played to perfection, but has jumped the shark. Too bad.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

It doesn't 'prevent' anyone from doing a damn thing.

"What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?"

I don't think, I KNOW I can not use words that one of America's greatest novelist, Mark Twain used in his novels.

I think for my own sake I can not use the Latin word (Negro) for black describing a person who knocked me out for the fun of it.

I think, if I know what's good for me I can not use the word Columbus used to call the people who greeted him upon his arrival.

As a former minor league soccer coach I not only think, I know that my modern day successors are not able to hug and console a crying nine-year-old for missing a scoring chance without being labeled a child-molester and a pedophile.

I know that I have to be tolerant about being called a cracker, because the skin color of those who held slaves more than 150 years ago happens to be the same as mine, because if I don't I am automatically a RACIST.

I not only think, I know that I can't question the policies of President Obama, because that will automatically will prove that I am a RACIST.

This is just a small sampler. More available upon request.

Long live Political Correctness!!

Last edited:

Then I suppose we can get rid of it ... Because it doesn't change what people think.
The only thing political correctness does accomplish is giving the weak shelter from unpleasantness.

Kind of reminds me of Demolition Man ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JizGkM6gbvQ&list=PLE0B99E0ACF350162&index=122]Power To The People - Denis Leary Speaks... - YouTube[/ame]

... the myth of 'PC.'

Gawd, I just love this. I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember, but about a hundred years ago there was a cartoon with a dog who used to love getting his treat biscuit so much that he'd just float in the air in pure joy when he got one.

That's me when someone denies the very existence of PC.

Just for fun, I know C Clayton will continue to deny it, which is just delicious, I'll try three (3) things here. See, almost everyone ELSE knows about PC...

Wikipedia's definition:
Political correctness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Googled "political correctness examples":
https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

A fellow USMB lefty:
Every society has Political Correctness

Great stuff. Don't go changin', C Clayton!

:rock:

Last edited:
There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

Actually it does. It prevents them from having an unsolicited opinion.

When a young child, under the age of reason is suspended from school for shooting an imaginary arrow from an imaginary bow, that's PC run amok.

When a student hugs his teacher and is suspended for a year and has his university career threatened, that's PC run amok.

When we can't call fat people fat, retarded people retarded (as in people being profoundly stupid, not the mentally impaired folks,) or a terrorist a terrorist, that's PC run amok.

And of course, when you can't even paraphrase Scripture for fear of the PC Police loosing their poop all over you, that's PC run amok.

To say nothing of more broadly, not being protected by the 1st Amendment if you say something on the job and for business interests are fired. Be it, the old cowboy guy a few years back and 'nappy headed hoes,' or more recently the MSNBC guys.

PC is here, and it is running amok. "Amok, amok, amok!" (thinking of some old witch movie) :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back