What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

Are you really asking this for informational purposes? Or are you just trying to be a pain in the ass and get people riled up?
I can give you a perfect example. If a co worker of yours is having a discussion with another person in private and that person states they feel uncomfortable around Lesbians..At that moment you walk by and overhear the comment. Of course all it would take is for you to run to the HR office and file a complaint. There is a good chance that without any hearing or proof through due process, that person would be disciplined or even terminated....That is SO wrong...
PC...A student is studying late one night. It is warm so he has his window cracked.
Meanwhile a group of girls is out on the front lawn of the building. They are drunk and loud.
The student yells out, "Quiet down you water buffaloes!"
The next day, the girls file a bias complaint against the studying student. Claiming the term "water buffalo" is racist. Oh, the girls are black..
The school immediately opens an investigation into speech code violations and racial bias violations. After a few weeks the charges are dismissed. Waste of time...BUT due to political correctness, this just HAD to be blown out of proportion.
Hackney Is Expected To Be Confirmed Today Despite Attacks, It Appears He Will Head The National Endowment For The Humanities. - Philly.com
Former Student Settles Suit Over `Water Buffalo' Case Eden Jacobowitz Had Alleged That Penn Conspired To Pursue Racial Harassment Charges Against Him. - Philly.com
Want more?.....Several years ago a newspaper in the San FRancisco market banned the term "walking distance" or "walk to..." from real estate ads. The reason was the paper did not want to offend people incapable of walking.
It's even in the movies....Stupidity.
In the movie "White Men Can't Jump" there is a scene where a basketball game is being played. The referee calls a foul on one of the players. He calls the player and identifies the payer by the color of his t-shirt. The player and the shirt are black. The player shoots back at the referee, "What are you? A racist?"
Oh here's more political correctness stupidity...
Chris Matthews of MSNBC claims the word "apartment" is racist.
Look, if your goal was starting a troll thread , you succeeded.

I cant call you a bull dyke at work, you would be screaming "hate speech".

Can you call anyone names at work?

yep...But not you. Nope. Based on your status as a member of a politically correct protected class, you are afforded 'special' rights.
So if you spouted off about a person with whom you work, carrying a Bible, you'd get away with it.
Put the shoe on the other foot and that Christian person would be fired.
By the same token, the rules of PC state that black people cannot be racist.
When Dusty Baker was manager of the Chicago Cubs, he made a blatantly racist comment about how white people cannot stand the heat of summer. He got away with it.
Now if a white ski coach said the reason why there were no black people on for instance the US Ski Team because black people cannot take the cold of winter, he'd be fired in 5 seconds.
Look, you're a liberal...But you always seemed to be a reasonably intelligent person..
I must say, you surprise me with this thread.
Because you know damned well PC has a dramatic and sometimes devastating affect on our society. it has given rise to the thinnest of skinned people who go through their day looking for things with which to bother themselves.

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

Ask Paula Deen. She couldn't be honest about something she did decades ago without facing persecution from the PC crowd. Ask the Duck Dynasty guy, who was suspended because A&E felt the PC pressure.

Worst, look at our national security. We can't secure our borders because it's political incorrect to want it. We don't target likely terrorist suspects (young Muslim men) because it's politically incorrect to be leery of them.

Neighborhoods are often banned from flying the American flag or yellow ribbons for their service member because it's politically incorrect.

The left has ginned up enough anger so that people freak out over nothing and the accusations fly. Disagree with Obama and you're automatically called racist. Disagree with Maddow and you're a homophobe. Recently, guys who believe in Jesus were said to be homoerotic by some leftie puke.

The zero tolerance in school is PC bullshit and we have little children suspended for innocent things just because the leftie narrative says kids should fear all guns, even toy, paper and pretend guns.

The list goes on. It's about not being able to fly the flag, speak out or disagree with the left or you are impugned, lose your job or fined for breaking some rule.

Think what you want and let others think what they want. And stop being so overly sensitive and offended at every little thing.

Palin was criticized for having a Christmas tree and the MSNBC idiots said she was a hypocrite for doing that. They found some quote in the bible and misinterpreted it to say it's hypocritical to decorate your house. I've never heard anything so idiotic. They aimed the insult at Palin, but in reality they insulted half the country.

Why can't the left ever live and let live instead of insisting that everyone act the way they want them to?

It's highly irritating and just another source of stress in an already stressful world.

Last edited:
Because it limits what people can say, and has led to an era of punishment, hounding, and ridicule for those who are not so PC.. while any sort of ridicule of the PC crowd is considered non-PC

Suck it up and drive on, Nancy.. we are becoming a society of wimps and pussies thanks to PC bullshit

What? What are you being prevented from saying that you want to say and is it PC that's preventing it or just common decency?

That is not the point.
The fact is there are speech codes with which people use as weapons to silence certain points of view.
I was channel surfing one morning and landed on "Liberally, With Stephanie Miller"...She apparently has or had a radio show on satellite radio which was picked up by the now defunct "Current TV" service.
Miller read a quote from someone who referred to Obama as "arrogant"...Miller went on to say that "arrogant" mean "uppity"....She said "racist comment"....Please.
If that is not a perfect example of PC speech code, it doesn't exist.

I cant call you a bull dyke at work, you would be screaming "hate speech".

So you miss the days when you could verbally disparage, demean, and harass gays in the workplace?

You see, people? This is why everyone who is not a rightwing nut needs to always keep in mind what kind of a country we'd have to live in if conservatives ever really had the power to put their agenda in place;

conservatism only ever appears to be benign because almost all of the crazy shit they believe seems to be dismissable because we can't imagine it ever being reality.

No..We miss the days when words were just that. Words.
This PC thing has gotten so out of control, the backlash against it has finally gained steam.
We're fighting back. Fighting back for common sense.

Hmmmm....so, if you don't want to associate with the black couple and only the white couple that's being on the wrong side of PC? And all this time I thought it was bigotry. Silly me.

You actually feel that you HAVE TO associate with gays so you don't get on the "wrong side of PC"? :lol:

No, I used the first as an example, the second is what I have to go through.

You also have to remember that zero religous texts of the "big 3" call out people based on their race, but all three condemn homosexual acts.

The bible was used to justify slavery, segregation and anti miscegenation laws, but they weren't bigots either...just religious right?

no..The difference then was it was acceptable to use religious dogma to set public policy.
Fast forward to today, the mere mention of Christianity in the public domain is met with howls of protest. In fact making fun of Christians and disparaging Christianity is a liberal participation sport.

You're kidding right?

You can't even criticize the policies of our current president because you're labeled a racist. Even though your policy disagreements have nothing to do with race.

Have you stopped criticizing the president?

What do you want to say that you are prevented from saying because of Political Correctness.

No...But people such as MSNBC's Chris Matthews has labeled any criticism of Obama as racist.

What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?
I know my son can't play cops and robbers in public with his friends like I used to when I was a kid. It's ok for me to take my son to the shooting range with real guns, but for some reason it's not ok for him to play outdoors with his buddies using toy guns.

So you believe political correctness is preventing you from calling your co-workers names? Really?

Only certain ones.. that are not offensive to you pc types.. call someone a redneck, nothing will happen.. call someone ghetto trash, and watch your ass get walked out the door...

It is not OK to insult or call names against those IN your PC crowd... but it is OK to do so against the while guy living in rural areas, the straight guy, the guy who earns more money, etc etc etc

The PC movement has been one of the DUMBEST things during my lifetime.. as I said.. bringing us a generation of wimps and pussies... and actually giving them the power when they are 'offended'...

Fuck PC

Are there people offended by the term "redneck"? If they are, they need to say so.

What do you want to say to someone that you are prevented from saying because of PC?
No...Because those who are referred to by that term understand it is just a word. They are not bothered by it.
The difference is this....If a prospective employer states he or she would not hire a "redneck" for, say a warehouse job, no one would bat an eye.
If that same employer said he would not hire a "bull dyke" for the warehouse job, he or she would be up on charges from the EEOC..And a whole host of other people would be out for blood.

You're kidding right?

You can't even criticize the policies of our current president because you're labeled a racist. Even though your policy disagreements have nothing to do with race.

I've been labeled a racist for criticizing Herman Cain and Condoleeza Rice, and others. I've been labeled a sexist for criticizing Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann and others.

Conservatives now use political correctness labeling tactics more often than do liberals.

Welcome to the backlash...Your side started this shit. And that it applies to you, your're surprised?

You can't **** punt a bitch because of political correctness.

Have you stopped criticizing the president?

What do you want to say that you are prevented from saying because of Political Correctness.

I just don't care if some idiot calls me a racist, but those PC tactics stop or slow down many people that care what others think or fear how they will be labeled. You're a fool if you think this isn't happening.

You mean like Cracker Barrel backing off?
Cracker Barrel management feared the potential for PC protests.
The company backed off due to backlash from the general public.

For generations, weren't gays restricted by political correctness from identifying who they are? They couldn't say things in public, couldn't show affection in public.

If they did, they were fired, denied housing, beaten or killed

PC at its worst

So you favor vengence as a viable political motive?

For years I was oppressed as a nerd in grade school, so naturally I should now be able to give wedgies to those who gave them to me, now that nerd culture is acceptable and we have all grown up.

You really are a moron.

So gays getting jobs and renting homes is some sort of inappropriate 'revenge'?

I hope everyone else here enjoys how idiotic your post was as I did.

Please...

So, don't keep your trap shut and face the consequences.

I shouldnt have to face consequences, if people were not such bigoted assholes.

The biggest bigots are now on your side of the spectrum. You must be SOOOO fucking proud about it.

Wait...you want to call people names but not face the consequences because THEY are bigoted assholes? :confused:

That's not what the OP stated. Worse yet, you already know this.

So, an employer should just let ya'll call each other names and we will have harmonious workplaces. :lol: Riiiggghhhttt....

No, either they eliminate all names, or allow all names. They shouldnt be allowed to be subjective. Rules are rules, not some plaything for progressive assholes.

That's not gonna happen if you don't say you're offended by the term. If rednecks aren't offended by the term redneck or if someone doesn't say they're offended, how is it "namecalling"? How do you know if the offended party doesn't say anything?

Your circular logic is duly noted.
it doesn't wash.
You are intelligent enough to certain terms and words are hurtful.
The point is this cuts both ways.
Up until now, there has been a blatant and pervasive double standard.
This thing with A&E may very well be the last straw.

That's not gonna happen if you don't say you're offended by the term. If rednecks aren't offended by the term redneck or if someone doesn't say they're offended, how is it "namecalling"? How do you know if the offended party doesn't say anything?

OK.. because rappers use the term N!GG@R, we can assume they are not offended by it.. because we have heard homosexuals use the term 'queen' or 'queer', they must not be offended.. so I guess anyone can say those thing.. OOPS, nope, not according to the PC crowd.. because YOUR subjectivity takes precedence because you are IN the pc crowd

Chris Rock explained it best....

Two fat girls can joke about how fat they are, but if a skinny girl does it, it is just plain mean
Two poor people can joke about how poor they are, but if a rich person does it, it is just plain mean

Get it?
Yes...The double standard kicks in when the poor people make disparaging remarks about the rich, and the fat people make disparaging remarks about the thin.
And they get away with it because in the world of PC, those people are viewed as perpetual victims.
That is precisely the goal of PC. Creating victims.

No consequence for speech, are you nuts? Of course there should be consequences...just not legislative ones.

So a person should be fired or castigated for thier personal views? ANY personal views that go against the grain of a protected class? And we are not talking about namecalling here. A person cannot hold a view opposed to those held by the "right" people without fearing for thier economic and social well being? They have to hide what they think just to preserve thier own way of life?

I guess some animals are more equal than others.

You can ask that question to a gay person who can be fired in 30 states for being gay?
Stop it...Just stop.

Forum List

Back