What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

If a man were out preaching every day against the Jews, claiming in all sorts of manner that Jews were evil, that Jews were not to be trusted, that the Jews killed Jesus, that the Jews were out to take over the world, and on and on and on and on, blah blah blah

and that man were exercising a protected right of free speech,

YOU are saying that it would be gutless and cowardly for others to try to use their own powers of persuasion to impact that person economically and socially?

Are you mad? Seriously, do you not realize how insane you are?

A man like that probably doesnt care if he is ostrasized or can't get cetain jobs, because he probably wouldnt want to associate with people who disagree with him anyway. What he is doing is blatant and outright "hate"

Lets go with the example above, but make him a gay hater. The person doing the above probably doesnt care if people don't want to hang out with him, or work with him. He wouldnt want to work with "gay-lovers" either.

Now, lets take me. I oppose gay marriage when it is imposed via judicial fiat. I have no issue when it is allowed by the legislature of a state to occur, and would probably vote for it. So, in your opinion, when I espouse this view, I should be treated exactly the same as the "all gays are evil/all jews are evil" guy?

Your dodge is noted. Carry on.

Its not a dodge. The first guy's outright anger and hate will lead to him be treated differently. He espouses a worldview hostile to the group he does not like.

I came up with a question you have refused to answer, so get to it.

Should I be treated the same as the "vile hate spewing guy" or not?

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

How did PC considered to be the correct way to act? Why did those who did not agree with it just ignore it and let it go away?

My take on this Phil Robertson issue is, show me how anyone was actually harmed by what he said. Last time I checked, I was allowed to say anything I want. Doesn't mean anyone has to agree or disagree with me. Phil was asked questions, and he answered them honestly based on his moral principles. The journalist conducting the interview was fully aware of this and asked those questions with the full intent of soliciting the response provided, IMHO.

Now people want to "punish" him for his thoughts. I was under the assumption that it took actions to actually harm or deprive someone of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Guess we'll just throw out that "outdated" constitution of ours.

The man is making money off public opinion. Those who have a problem with him have just as much right to try to impact public opinion as he does.

A man like that probably doesnt care if he is ostrasized or can't get cetain jobs, because he probably wouldnt want to associate with people who disagree with him anyway. What he is doing is blatant and outright "hate"

Lets go with the example above, but make him a gay hater. The person doing the above probably doesnt care if people don't want to hang out with him, or work with him. He wouldnt want to work with "gay-lovers" either.

Now, lets take me. I oppose gay marriage when it is imposed via judicial fiat. I have no issue when it is allowed by the legislature of a state to occur, and would probably vote for it. So, in your opinion, when I espouse this view, I should be treated exactly the same as the "all gays are evil/all jews are evil" guy?

Its not a dodge. The first guy's outright anger and hate will lead to him be treated differently. He espouses a worldview hostile to the group he does not like.

I still back at where you called something 'cowardly'.

I still back at where you called something 'cowardly'.

First, English. Learn it.

Second, answer my question.

Guys, you are mixing together the everyday PC which basically are just good manners and being polite and political bullying in the name of FAKE "political correctness" the way is is understand by the left.

If anything, 50 years ago were much more polite in the everyday life and I can't picture a man or a woman calling anybody a fag or a ******, if they were themselves well brought up - it simply did not happen if you were observing just basic manners. Most people did not even know about the word "fag" :D

Now, there are NO basic manners, people are barely polite and requiring manners and appropriateness in dressing and behaving is "limiting my freedom of expression".

But you are being enforced to adhere to some set of POLITICAL beliefs and what can you say in public about them by the PC gestapo - with not that camouflaged a message - you can still think whatever you want, you just can not express it PUBLICLY.

It is CENSORSHIP.

It has absolutely nothing to do with everyday basic politeness and manners.

It is taking your rights away and changing the society to a CAMP.

Last edited:
My take on this Phil Robertson issue is, show me how anyone was actually harmed by what he said. Last time I checked, I was allowed to say anything I want. Doesn't mean anyone has to agree or disagree with me. Phil was asked questions, and he answered them honestly based on his moral principles. The journalist conducting the interview was fully aware of this and asked those questions with the full intent of soliciting the response provided, IMHO.

Now people want to "punish" him for his thoughts. I was under the assumption that it took actions to actually harm or deprive someone of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Guess we'll just throw out that "outdated" constitution of ours.

The man is making money off public opinion. Those who have a problem with him have just as much right to try to impact public opinion as he does.

Oh, so you think because he is being paid money by allowing he and his family's life being put on TV, he no longer is allowed to have opinions that are not PC?

Again I ask, how was anyone harmed? The saying of "sticks and stones.............." hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and I'm not sure he is trying to influence public opinions. He was asked questions about his beliefs and he answered it honestly.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

it keeps you from discussing problems and what to do to solve those problems
for example black violent crime in America cant discuss it with out being called a racist
so the problem gets swept under the rug and people burry their head in the sand and do their best just to ignore it out of fear of being called a racist for bringing the subject up

I always have to laugh when conservatives lament that they can't talk about certain issues,

because as often as not they're the same types who boast about how rightwing talk radio dominates the airwaves,

and how Foxnews is the highest rated 'news' channel on cable.

The 'lament' and the 'boast' are completely incompatible. Both cannot be true.

Pick one.

Guys, you are mixing together the everyday PC which basically are just good manners and being polite and political bullying in the name of FAKE "political correctness" the way is is understand by the left.

If anything, 50 years ago were much more polite in the everyday life and I can't picture a man or a woman calling anybody a fag or a ******, if they were themselves well brought up - it simply did not happen if you were observing just basic manners. Most people did not even know about the word "fag" :D

Now, there are NO basic manners, people are barely polite and requiring manners and appropriateness in dressing and behaving is "limiting my freedom of expression".

But you are being enforced to adhere to some set of POLITICAL beliefs and what can you say in public about them byt the PC gestapo - with not that camouflaged a message - you can still think whatever you want, you just can not express it PUBLICLY.

It is CENSORSHIP.

50 years ago people were much more "polite"

Blacks knew their place and said Yes Sir, No Sir
Women knew their place and did what their husbands told them
Gays? Gays hid in the shadows pretending to be straight. Or else

it keeps you from discussing problems and what to do to solve those problems
for example black violent crime in America cant discuss it with out being called a racist
so the problem gets swept under the rug and people burry their head in the sand and do their best just to ignore it out of fear of being called a racist for bringing the subject up

I always have to laugh when conservatives lament that they can't talk about certain issues,

because as often as not they're the same types who boast about how rightwing talk radio dominates the airwaves,

and how Foxnews is the highest rated 'news' channel on cable.

The 'lament' and the 'boast' are completely incompatible. Both cannot be true.

Pick one.

and Fox news and conservative radio personalities constantly get called racist for doing just what I mentioned. So it is either you keep your mouth shut or get called a racist

How is that working out?

Those who believe they have a right to impact public opinion just haven't make a correct judgment of what public opinion is.

In the UK, and I understand the US, PC has cast a blanket of fear and despondency over academics who would like to step outside 'acceptable' and 'appropriate' areas. PC is the enemy of free speech.

Same in Sweden. PC has all but destroyed the MSP. No journalist in the broadcast (a near state monopoly) or print media dares question orthodoxies, such as mass migration is has somehow benefited Swedes.

Sweden, world capital of PC and its ugly sister, feminism.

But you are being enforced to adhere to some set of POLITICAL beliefs and what can you say in public about them byt the PC gestapo - with not that camouflaged a message - you can still think whatever you want, you just can not express it PUBLICLY.

It is CENSORSHIP.

Far left Propaganda!

It is CENSORSHIP.

Deflection 101

And next, from wrongwinger.. complaints that people owned slaves in the past.. and there were indentured servants.. and people in 3rd class steerage were treated like crap.. so we have to have the repercussions of PC

idiot

Try telling some of these JOKES at work and see if they're PC or not.

Two Jews walk into a bar. Two weeks later, they own it!

Did you hear about the new Jewish sports car? It can stop on a dime, and pick it up, too!

How come you never buy a woman a watch? Cause there's a clock on the oven!

Why are women's feet smaller than men's? So they can stand closer to the sink!

When is the only acceptable time for a woman to be on top? When the kitchens upstairs!

What's a guy doing when he pours beer on his hand? Getting his date drunk!

Why doesn't Mexico participate in the Olympics? Because everybody that can run, jump, or swim is already across the border!

Ok so I didn't spread that out evenly enough, but taken lightly these jokes are funny. If someone makes a joke about stereotypes or general things that don't attack me personally, there is honestly nothing hateful about a joke. But, in today's society these behaviors are frowned upon because some spineless people think they're being personally attacked by jokes. This is what PC is doing wrong. Creating victims where there are none. If you overhear a conversation that you don't like, leave or ask politely if the topic can change. Otherwise grow a pair and quit being such whiners America.

Larry Summers said at a meeting that the reason there were fewer women in science was because women inheritently were less suited to it.
He lost his job. PC run amok. (He was right btw).

A friend of mine, a South African Jewish doctor naturalized in the U.S. told one of the black nurses that he was truly "African-American" and she wasn't. He nearly lost his job. And he was right btw.

You're kidding right?

You can't even criticize the policies of our current president because you're labeled a racist. Even though your policy disagreements have nothing to do with race.

Have you stopped criticizing the president?

What do you want to say that you are prevented from saying because of Political Correctness.

Did you ever stop criticizing President Bush? Of course not, because he is white and your ilk can say all the bad things about whites with impunity.

But any criticism of President Obama's disastrous policies would automatically condemn one as a RACIST.
If that were true, folks like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh would be out of work.

But you are being enforced to adhere to some set of POLITICAL beliefs and what can you say in public about them by the PC gestapo - with not that camouflaged a message - you can still think whatever you want, you just can not express it PUBLICLY.

It is CENSORSHIP.

When I was growing up, I certainly knew what fag was. It was a cigarette. Faggot was a bundle of wood and gay meant happy.

Larry Summers said at a meeting that the reason there were fewer women in science was because women inheritently were less suited to it.
He lost his job. PC run amok. (He was right btw).

A friend of mine, a South African Jewish doctor naturalized in the U.S. told one of the black nurses that he was truly "African-American" and she wasn't. He nearly lost his job. And he was right btw.

Women aren't inherently less suited for science. They are just less interested in science. That's the real heresy. Rejecting truth has become fashionable.

Forum List

Back