What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

Only because there are laws that protect things like race, religion, gender...and in some places sexual orientation. If I can't fire you for your religion, why should you be able to fire me for my orientation?

Trying to legislate this crap is where the problem starts.

So the problem started in 1964 with the Civil Rights act?

The two are not connected.
This the kind of bullshit that created the arena of hypersensitivity.
Your side is so preoccupied with being offended, you perceive almost any slight as some kind of felony violation.

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

A simple example, even though I wouldn't do it.

If you didnt want to associate with me and my girlfriend because we are a heterosexual couple, no one would call you on it. You are on the "right" side of the PC line, and I am not. If, because of my religous upbrining (theoretical) I did not want to associate with you and your partner, I would be castigated as being on the "wrong" side of the PC line.

In my case I cannot espouse my political views in public as much as I would want to, because as a resident of NYC I am surrounded by intolerant progressive assholes, who think thier shit does not stink, thier opinions are the only ones that matter, and that anyone who goes against the group think should be derided, cast out, and shunned. Plus they should probably lose thier jobs because, well, "hate."

god damn it, you still cant even get this fucking right. Nobody gives a flying shit if you dont want to associate with gays or a gay couple. Live your life and do whatever you fucking like.

Again you cant state your political views all you fucking like, What you can not control is how people react to those opinions. This is the problem with you people. You can't handle the negative backlash of your actions( statements) , so you fucking cry on about being a victim of your own fucking doing.

your example is motherfucking ignorant of the OP.

This is what the PC culture has ruined. The idea nobody looses. That everyone gets an award. That playing dodgeball or tag is an unfair game.

what you want is to be able to say ******, dyke, fag, wetback and have zero negative backlash to those opinions.

go fuck yourself.

I cant call you a bull dyke at work, you would be screaming "hate speech".

Can you call anyone names at work?

Yep

But I cannot use sexually offensive terms... anti-PC, if you will.. or I can be fired ON THE SPOT... you can call someone a jerk, you can even call them white... you call someone a fag or use the a term for like 'black' when describing a co-worker, and LOOK OUT FOR THE FALLOUT

i weep for your problems that you cant be a fucking retard at work.

If a man were out preaching every day against the Jews, claiming in all sorts of manner that Jews were evil, that Jews were not to be trusted, that the Jews killed Jesus, that the Jews were out to take over the world, and on and on and on and on, blah blah blah

and that man were exercising a protected right of free speech,

YOU are saying that it would be gutless and cowardly for others to try to use their own powers of persuasion to impact that person economically and socially?

Are you mad? Seriously, do you not realize how insane you are?

A man like that probably doesnt care if he is ostrasized or can't get cetain jobs, because he probably wouldnt want to associate with people who disagree with him anyway. What he is doing is blatant and outright "hate"

Lets go with the example above, but make him a gay hater. The person doing the above probably doesnt care if people don't want to hang out with him, or work with him. He wouldnt want to work with "gay-lovers" either.

Now, lets take me. I oppose gay marriage when it is imposed via judicial fiat. I have no issue when it is allowed by the legislature of a state to occur, and would probably vote for it. So, in your opinion, when I espouse this view, I should be treated exactly the same as the "all gays are evil/all jews are evil" guy?

Your dodge is noted. Carry on.
You are not discussing this issue. You are sparring.
You are dismissed.

If you didnt want to associate with me and my girlfriend because we are a heterosexual couple, no one would call you on it. You are on the "right" side of the PC line, and I am not. If, because of my religous upbrining (theoretical) I did not want to associate with you and your partner, I would be castigated as being on the "wrong" side of the PC line.

In my case I cannot espouse my political views in public as much as I would want to, because as a resident of NYC I am surrounded by intolerant progressive assholes, who think thier shit does not stink, thier opinions are the only ones that matter, and that anyone who goes against the group think should be derided, cast out, and shunned. Plus they should probably lose thier jobs because, well, "hate."

Hmmmm....so, if you don't want to associate with the black couple and only the white couple that's being on the wrong side of PC? And all this time I thought it was bigotry. Silly me.

You actually feel that you HAVE TO associate with gays so you don't get on the "wrong side of PC"? :lol:

No, I used the first as an example, the second is what I have to go through.

You also have to remember that zero religous texts of the "big 3" call out people based on their race, but all three condemn homosexual acts.

you poor thing...how ever do you live your tough life roughing it in the enemy territory?

Guys, you are mixing together the everyday PC which basically are just good manners and being polite and political bullying in the name of FAKE "political correctness" the way is is understand by the left.

If anything, 50 years ago were much more polite in the everyday life and I can't picture a man or a woman calling anybody a fag or a ******, if they were themselves well brought up - it simply did not happen if you were observing just basic manners. Most people did not even know about the word "fag" :D

Now, there are NO basic manners, people are barely polite and requiring manners and appropriateness in dressing and behaving is "limiting my freedom of expression".

But you are being enforced to adhere to some set of POLITICAL beliefs and what can you say in public about them byt the PC gestapo - with not that camouflaged a message - you can still think whatever you want, you just can not express it PUBLICLY.

It is CENSORSHIP.

It has absolutely nothing to do with everyday basic politeness and manners.

It is taking your rights away and changing the society to a CAMP.

50 years ago people were much more "polite"

Blacks knew their place and said Yes Sir, No Sir
Women knew their place and did what their husbands told them
Gays? Gays hid in the shadows pretending to be straight. Or else
No....There was a desire for civility.
Christ. Do you always have to pick a fight over every issue?

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

god damn it, you still cant even get this fucking right. Nobody gives a flying shit if you dont want to associate with gays or a gay couple. Live your life and do whatever you fucking like.

Again you cant state your political views all you fucking like, What you can not control is how people react to those opinions. This is the problem with you people. You can't handle the negative backlash of your actions( statements) , so you fucking cry on about being a victim of your own fucking doing.

This is what the PC culture has ruined. The idea nobody looses. That everyone gets an award. That playing dodgeball or tag is an unfair game.

what you want is to be able to say ******, dyke, fag, wetback and have zero negative backlash to those opinions.

go fuck yourself.

You are a textbook example of the bigoted progressive. You automatically assume i want to say wetback, ******, fag. You want to lump my opposition to certain methods of the political process, or certain favoritism shown by the media and the government as hate. You seek to define and control the debate, not to participate it.

And kindly go fuck yourself with an Ebola Crusted tire-iron.

Hmmmm....so, if you don't want to associate with the black couple and only the white couple that's being on the wrong side of PC? And all this time I thought it was bigotry. Silly me.

You actually feel that you HAVE TO associate with gays so you don't get on the "wrong side of PC"? :lol:

No, I used the first as an example, the second is what I have to go through.

You also have to remember that zero religous texts of the "big 3" call out people based on their race, but all three condemn homosexual acts.

you poor thing...how ever do you live your tough life roughing it in the enemy territory?

Well ain't we being a stalkish whiny bitch.

Keep adding nothing to the conversation, you waste of sperm.

Yep

But I cannot use sexually offensive terms... anti-PC, if you will.. or I can be fired ON THE SPOT... you can call someone a jerk, you can even call them white... you call someone a fag or use the a term for like 'black' when describing a co-worker, and LOOK OUT FOR THE FALLOUT

So you believe political correctness is preventing you from calling your co-workers names? Really?

Only certain ones.. that are not offensive to you pc types.. call someone a redneck, nothing will happen.. call someone ghetto trash, and watch your ass get walked out the door...

It is not OK to insult or call names against those IN your PC crowd... but it is OK to do so against the while guy living in rural areas, the straight guy, the guy who earns more money, etc etc etc

The PC movement has been one of the DUMBEST things during my lifetime.. as I said.. bringing us a generation of wimps and pussies... and actually giving them the power when they are 'offended'...

Fuck PC

you want a tissue? nobody is stopping you from looking like a complete jackass. Again you like marty are just whining of the consequences of your actions. Yet its your party constantly whining on and on and on and on about personal responsibility. Yet here we are seeing you say its not fair!

bunch of little pussies.

So you believe political correctness is preventing you from calling your co-workers names? Really?

Only certain ones.. that are not offensive to you pc types.. call someone a redneck, nothing will happen.. call someone ghetto trash, and watch your ass get walked out the door...

It is not OK to insult or call names against those IN your PC crowd... but it is OK to do so against the while guy living in rural areas, the straight guy, the guy who earns more money, etc etc etc

The PC movement has been one of the DUMBEST things during my lifetime.. as I said.. bringing us a generation of wimps and pussies... and actually giving them the power when they are 'offended'...

Fuck PC

you want a tissue? nobody is stopping you from looking like a complete jackass. Again you like marty are just whining of the consequences of your actions. Yet its your party constantly whining on and on and on and on about personal responsibility. Yet here we are seeing you say its not fair!

bunch of little pussies.

Well how about you man up and actually try to accept opinions other than your own as valid, instead of trying to browbeat anyone else into accepting your dipshit views on things.

FUCK OFF

go fuck yourself.

You are a textbook example of the bigoted progressive. You automatically assume i want to say wetback, ******, fag. You want to lump my opposition to certain methods of the political process, or certain favoritism shown by the media and the government as hate. You seek to define and control the debate, not to participate it.

Its the overall point. You may not personally desire to say those things, but you feel you will should have the "right" to say whatever and not have anything happen.

maybe you just need to let your inner gay out or something.

Fuck PC

bunch of little pussies.

Well how about you man up and actually try to accept opinions other than your own as valid, instead of trying to browbeat anyone else into accepting your dipshit views on things.

FUCK OFF

Oh i accept yours and daves. Then i take them and reject them as whining little twats who dont want to get in trouble for theirs actions. This is what the baby boomers have become. A bunch of hypocritical whining victims.

go fuck yourself.

Its the overall point. You may not personally desire to say those things, but you feel you will should have the "right" to say whatever and not have anything happen.

Ah, the standard "closeted homosexual" line. Usually it takes a few posts for idiots like you to go down that path, you did it in less than 5.

Get more practice.

You are intelligent enough to certain terms and words are hurtful.

******. "******" is a very hurtful word. On the other hand, "******" is also a badge of honor.

I understand your point. But I think that it's a little too black and white. An all or nothing approach just ends up giving more power to those who run amok with the whole idea of political correctness. At my job we tend to be very relaxed about alot of things that most other jobs would not tolerate very well. Racial comments are fairly common. Sexist comments are fairly common. It's all done in joking. On the other hand, if I were to spit something out intending to cause offense or discomfort, I would be addressed quickly. How do we tell the difference? Common sense reigns supreme. Nothing would be accomplished by simply disallowing all such talk wholesale, except maybe there would be more incidents of people getting butthurt, and over more trivial things at that.

bunch of little pussies.

FUCK OFF

Oh i accept yours and daves. Then i take them and reject them as whining little twats who dont want to get in trouble for theirs actions. This is what the baby boomers have become. A bunch of hypocritical whining victims.

I'm 38 you ignorant fucktard.

FUCK OFF

I'm 38 you ignorant fucktard.

isnt that still babyboomers? nope you just made it out. Ok so you are not a baby boomer i take that back.

I see you negged me because i gave an honest opinion to your stupidity. Hypocrite.

Ah, the standard "closeted homosexual" line. Usually it takes a few posts for idiots like you to go down that path, you did it in less than 5.

Get more practice.

you are the one talking about the size of my junk marty. Not I. :lol:

I cant call you a bull dyke at work, you would be screaming "hate speech".

You may say anything you want at work, just be prepared to suffer the consequences, having nothing to do with the myth of 'PC.'

If no harm was done, why should there be consequences?

That is the problem...Just because someone hears a word they don't like, they think they are entitled to their pound of flesh.

Get more practice.

and you are the one obessing about it. Inferred homosexuality, the primordial ooze of message board debate.

Why not just go "ook" and fling poo, its the same damn thing.

Get more practice.

and you are the one obessing about it. Inferred homosexuality, the primordial ooze of message board debate.

Why not just go "ook" and fling poo, its the same damn thing.

not really. This like reverse stalking or something? You are following me now?

Forum List

Back