What is released and what is not,

They voted to release “the memo”, written by one political side only.

They voted against releasing the minority memo.

They refused to allow the FBI/DOJ a hearing to give their information.

There is something way wrong with partisan politics at this level. We should be very disturbed. :(

Extra points for anyone who can discuss this without a deflection or a whataboutism.

I don't know that the DEMS wanted their "memo" released. And I don't know that the release of their rebuttal was blocked in any way.. Do YOU??? I know there WAS NO 'rebuttal memo' a week ago. It was done to "minimize" damage and spin the evidence presented in the Majority document.

Since this whole affair was LARGELY stirred and provoked by the Office of Inspector General, I'm perfectly comfortable with a release without DOJ approval. And of course, if it's internal corruption at the FBI -- I don't a NEED for their ability to skewer or veto it...

OIG is the MOST VALUABLE agency in govt. I have oodles of respect for those folks.They need more power since Congress is so incompetent in agency oversight..

Yes. The rebuttal memo existed and it was blocked by a party line committee vote.

Don't think the "rebuttal" EVER has been voted on.. CAN'T be voted on til everyone reads it.. Think you're wrong here. NO ONE is blocking the release of the rebuttal..

It was voted on not to be released. Party line.

Show me.. I don't think this vote ever happened YET... Dont' think any Reps would oppose it. It FACT, many Reps are ENCOURAGING it... I just clipped an article a few hours ago and lost it.

There is something way wrong with partisan politics at this level. We should be very disturbed. :(

Extra points for anyone who can discuss this without a deflection or a whataboutism.

I don't know that the DEMS wanted their "memo" released. And I don't know that the release of their rebuttal was blocked in any way.. Do YOU??? I know there WAS NO 'rebuttal memo' a week ago. It was done to "minimize" damage and spin the evidence presented in the Majority document.

Since this whole affair was LARGELY stirred and provoked by the Office of Inspector General, I'm perfectly comfortable with a release without DOJ approval. And of course, if it's internal corruption at the FBI -- I don't a NEED for their ability to skewer or veto it...

OIG is the MOST VALUABLE agency in govt. I have oodles of respect for those folks.They need more power since Congress is so incompetent in agency oversight..

Yes. The rebuttal memo existed and it was blocked by a party line committee vote.

Don't think the "rebuttal" EVER has been voted on.. CAN'T be voted on til everyone reads it.. Think you're wrong here. NO ONE is blocking the release of the rebuttal..

Show me.. I don't think this vote ever happened YET... Dont' think any Reps would oppose it. It FACT, many Reps are ENCOURAGING it... I just clipped an article a few hours ago and lost it.

House Intel committee votes to release Nunes memo - CNNPolitics
The committee's vote to release the memo spearheaded by Chairman Devin Nunes means that the four-page classified document could be made public this week. But in another party-line vote, the committee voted against making a competing Democratic memo from Rep. Adam Schiff of California available as well.

Wrong, they voted to release the Dim memo. They just required it to go through the same vetting process ass the Republican memo. That's when the Dims had their little hissy fit.

hissy-fit_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

vetting?

:rofl:

The committee's vote to release the memo spearheaded by Chairman Devin Nunes means that the four-page classified document could be made public this week. But in another party-line vote, the committee voted against making a competing Democratic memo from Rep. Adam Schiff of California available as well.

The committee did vote to allow Schiff's memo to be viewed by all House members, the same step that was taken with the Nunes memo earlier this month. But the committee's Democrats -- who charge that the Nunes memo is skewed and is an effort to undercut Mueller's investigation -- say the vote was a political tactic.

Sorry but the Majority memo has been open for viewing to all HOUSE MEMBERS for a couple weeks. Same procedure. In fact, many from the Senate, the DOJ, and the White House have read it.. Not so with the rebuttal.. .

But this time, Democrats complain they are being denied their chance to fire back at what they call the cherry-picked version of events in Nunes' file. House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Adam Schiff told reporters on Monday evening that the majority used another party-line vote to reject his motion to release his secret memo responding to Nunes' memo.
House Republicans Vote to Release Secret Memo on Russia Inquiry

there's about 11 million other sources if nyt is too *fake* for you.

The committee did vote to allow Schiff's memo to be viewed by all House members, the same step that was taken with the Nunes memo earlier this month. But the committee's Democrats -- who charge that the Nunes memo is skewed and is an effort to undercut Mueller's investigation -- say the vote was a political tactic.

Sorry but the Majority memo has been open for viewing to all HOUSE MEMBERS for a couple weeks. Same procedure. In fact, many from the Senate, the DOJ, and the White House have read it.. Not so with the rebuttal.. .

So...they can't wait a short time to review the rebuttal and release both?

You don't get to see ALL sides. Republicans are too afraid for America to see the lefts' side.

this is one of the more idiotic things I have seen posted anywhere

and that's saying a lot
casty.gif
Ya don't see many idiots here admit they're idiots, but you did. Kudos to you for your honesty.

The House Intelligence Committee voted Monday to release a memo detailing alleged surveillance abuses by the FBI and Justice Department, escalating a political fight between conservatives and the nation's intelligence agencies.

[...]

The intelligence committee also voted along party lines Monday against releasing a rebuttal memo from the panel's Democrats, who denounced both moves upon leaving the closed-door hearing.

GOP votes to release memo alleging FBI missteps while surveilling Trump campaign operative

But this time, Democrats complain they are being denied their chance to fire back at what they call the cherry-picked version of events in Nunes' file. House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Adam Schiff told reporters on Monday evening that the majority used another party-line vote to reject his motion to release his secret memo responding to Nunes' memo.
House Republicans Vote to Release Secret Memo on Russia Inquiry

there's about 11 million other sources if nyt is too *fake* for you.

You've been dogging this for over a week now. All that time folks were reading the Majority memo. Will take a couple weeks to get enough consensus to declassify any parts of it. I just posted the "vote" that passes it out of committee for general House review.. That's how committees work. You pass out to the WHOLE house before you decide to release classified docs to the public. Committee released it for review. Just like the majority document.

Have you seen Schiff's memo?

review.jpg

No need to worry. If the memo is factual we all benefit. If the memo is not factual the Repubs look like fools. Coyote, my guess is the memo is factual because the Dims are not saying it is untrue. They are only saying they do not want it released.

So maybe just look at the info and make up your own mind. That is what I intend to so. :)

OTH --- SCHIFF FORBADE his committee members from even READING the majority vote before the vote.

WHY?????
He did?

Absolutely... Not just Schiff but other Dem leadership as well.. I'll find a link..

On the subject of BLOCKING the "minority report" --- you can't block what you haven't seen or read..

Full of Schiff on Dem memo

Lee Zeldin is a Republican member of the House Intelligence Committee. He voted to release the Nunes memo and then took to the floor of the House in response to Schiff last night. He also issued the following written statement that is posted here:

In the interest of transparency, the American people must have access to this [four-page Nunes] FISA abuse memo immediately, and I applaud my colleagues on the House Intel committee for their commitment to shedding light on the gross FISA abuse detailed in this memo. Releasing this classified information will not compromise good sources and methods. It will, however, reveal the feds’ reliance on bad sources and methods. President Trump should immediately sign off on the release of this memo to the American public.

With regards to the House Democrats’ call for a vote to publicly release immediately an alleged new memo by Rep. Adam Schiff, it is crucial to note that the House Democrats did not offer the majority members of the Committee any opportunity whatsoever to review this memo prior to tonight’s vote for its immediate declassification and release. I, for one, (1) haven’t seen the Schiff memo; (2) have no idea what it says; (3) am not aware of it being made available to anyone in the House before now; and ([4]) can’t confirm it even actually exists yet. The opposite is true for the FISA abuse memo that was made available to House members the week before last.

a couple of things -

* most of what we have heard is not about denying the content of the memo; but about how it is unwise to release it (from dems in congress and the media)

* it is super interesting that there haven't been leaks; seems we only see leaks when they are damaging to republicans in general or Trump specifically - I would say that I find that to be odd, but I don't...

* what I really want to see is the supporting documents that were used to garner the info reported on in the memo

also - here is an important set of facts; McCabe was forced to resign earlier than he wanted to. What is extraordinarily interesting about this is the black cloud surrounding his wife's failed campaign

she was given $700,000 for a state House campaign by Terry McAuliffe

McAuliffe is a known friend of the Clinton's & that amount of contribution is unheard of for her type of campaign

Couple that with the fact that McCabe was handling a part of an investigation into Hillary and BOOM

ANOTHER "appearance of impropriety"

these "appearances of impropriety" are sure starting to pile up - there are way too damn many of them, and I don't believe in coincidences

if there was truly unethical behavior in the FBI & DOJ (and it certainly appears that there was) then EVERY American should want it identified and rooted out

nobody should be in a "protected class" and nobody should be a target of government harassment because of their political views

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

I want to see the DoJ allowed to present it's side.

Then I can make an informed decision...right?
You don't get to see ALL sides. Republicans are too afraid for America to see the lefts' side.

Not at all. Bring it on.. You have NO OBSTRUCTION to seeing a Minority Report. But the MINORITY is BANNING their committee members from accessing or reading the memo.. WHY do you think that is?

You LIKE the idea of Party leadership muzzling their members that way??
The majority Republicans banned the public from viewing the minority Democrats' memo. What are they afraid of?

No they didn't, you lying turd.
^^^ idiot.

The House Intelligence Committee voted Monday to release a memo detailing alleged surveillance abuses by the FBI and Justice Department, escalating a political fight between conservatives and the nation's intelligence agencies.

[...]

The intelligence committee also voted along party lines Monday against releasing a rebuttal memo from the panel's Democrats, who denounced both moves upon leaving the closed-door hearing.

GOP votes to release memo alleging FBI missteps while surveilling Trump campaign operative

Cant' help you with junk reporting. The CNN coverage posted by Coyote and the quote from Zeldin in the post above yours tells "the rest of the story".. Can't vote on something that hasn't been released to the general House members.

From the CNN link that Coyote gave..

From the Powerline quote of Zeldin that I gave above..

With regards to the House Democrats’ call for a vote to publicly release immediately an alleged new memo by Rep. Adam Schiff, it is crucial to note that the House Democrats did not offer the majority members of the Committee any opportunity whatsoever to review this memo prior to tonight’s vote for its immediate declassification and release. I, for one, (1) haven’t seen the Schiff memo; (2) have no idea what it says; (3) am not aware of it being made available to anyone in the House before now; and ([4]) can’t confirm it even actually exists yet. The opposite is true for the FISA abuse memo that was made available to House members the week before last.

Whoops --- cancel your subscription to the Chicago Tribune.. They make you look stupid...
Can't vote to declassify and release something you haven't been offered to read.. Can you???

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

Not at all. Bring it on.. You have NO OBSTRUCTION to seeing a Minority Report. But the MINORITY is BANNING their committee members from accessing or reading the memo.. WHY do you think that is?

The majority Republicans banned the public from viewing the minority Democrats' memo. What are they afraid of?

^^^ idiot.

[...]

The difference has been explained to you at least a dozens times, but you are too fucking stupid for it to penetrate.

Good post.

I want to see ALL SIDES.

^^^ idiot.

[...]

They voted that the Dim memo had to go through the same process as the Nunez memo. Tht took two weeks. Now Schiff is having a little temper tantrum because he didn't do his homework.

^^^ idiot.

[...]

The difference has been explained to you at least a dozens times, but you are too fucking stupid for it to penetrate.
What a rightard you are, eh? You actually denied the right blocked the left from releasing their rebuttal memo. :eusa_doh:

You've been proven wrong.

^^^ idiot.

[...]

What a rightard you are, eh? You actually denied the right blocked the left from releasing their rebuttal memo. :eusa_doh:

You've been proven wrong.

That's right. I posted the facts.

Forum List

Back