What is Satan's ULTIMATE goal?

If you believe that God is the sole creator of all in the universe then you must believe that God created Satan
The real question is why would a loving god unleash Satan on the very creations he claims to love?

Why does one put ore into the furnace?

So God unleashes what is considered to be pure evil on those he loves so refine them into something better?

That's like saying beating your kid every day is going to make him a better person

No. "Pure Evil" is Hell. Thank God, (literally), none of us know that yet. We are all of us, even if we reject God, under what is called "common grace" now. That is, we can enjoy His good gifts even if we don't care about Him or, worse, even reject and curse Him. Good gifts? Air to breathe, food to eat, water to satiate thirst. Love, music, rest, all the very good things in life. All of those things, believe me, are not "pure evil".

When those things are absent, then you will know "pure evil".

I hope and pray you will never have to know it.

So Satan is not evil now?

I guess the nuns at my school had it wrong

Nice straw man. Did you need to believe that to confirm your beliefs?
Don’t blame me, the Bible is your book

In the Bible, god is egotistical
Worship me or else. His punishments were often extreme. Flood the earth and kill all but a handful, kill the innocent first born of Egypt, famine, pestilence

Satan is more of a tempter. He does not outright kill people. He will exploit your weaknesses but the ultimate decision to sin is yours

That is correct. God is Creator. He alone has the ability and the right to create and take life. He alone can say where you will spend your eternal life. Satan cannot create life, and he cannot take it. He can only tempt you away from what is best. So you are right. That does not make Satan better than God.

How tragically warped you are in your thinking. As time winds down here, how tragically common your thinking is, though.
Just looking at the Bible objectively and judging on their action

The flood was outright genocide. No other way to describe it

Satan just tempts. He does not force you to do anything.

God commits "genocide" on all of us. We are all going to die. He alone has the right to determine when, how, and even why. He is Creator. He gets to say. Even in a flood, even in cancer, even in a car accident. It is His right.
Again you describe a vengeful god. So vengeful that you dare not question his actions

What I am highlighting is not that Satan is good, God is bad

I am demonstrating that the Bible was written by man for the people of the time

Old Testament God is a god to be feared. People were simple. Worship God or you will be punished. Question God and you will be punished. Punishment is severe. Destroy the earth, kill your children. Punish not just you but future generations

The New Testament is a God of Love. Be a good person. Help the needy, feed the poor, cure the sick. Being good is helping others in the New Testament. Being good in the Old Testament is worshiping God completely
New Testament is the carrot
Old Testament is the stick

Same God just targeted to different audiences

What is the "3rd century AD mentality on morals"? They're probably more advanced than ours, to be honest. I don't remember reading anything about hugely pregnant women going into abortion clinics over a two day period to have their completely formed babies injected with heart-stopping medicines to have them killed while INSIDE THEIR BODIES.

Do you?
Yep abortion has been in use since before Jesus walked with an all man review of equality..God himself does abortions and practices infanticide yet I know we are not supposed to question our God(s).

God is Creator. He does not practice "genocide", or "abortion", or "infanticide". He who creates life and determines its eternal destiny has the explicit and unique right to take it at any time, for any reason whatsoever. Sorry you don't like that, but that's the way it is.

He will take your life.

And mine.

And ours, all of us.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all this

You realize that "evil" in this context is ONLY the KJV interpretation of the Hebrew word, and is more aptly interpreted as "calamity, disaster, misfortune". In context it is like "I give blessings and take blessings away" when referred to Israel's obedience and disobedience.

Look up the different versions of the Bible and you will see. Not that you care.

Oh look, someone claims I don't care. Is that like calling me a name? :26:

I feel like a victim now.

I don't play juvenile internet games.

Worship me or else. His punishments were often extreme. Flood the earth and kill all but a handful, kill the innocent first born of Egypt, famine, pestilence

Satan is more of a tempter. He does not outright kill people. He will exploit your weaknesses but the ultimate decision to sin is yours

That is correct. God is Creator. He alone has the ability and the right to create and take life. He alone can say where you will spend your eternal life. Satan cannot create life, and he cannot take it. He can only tempt you away from what is best. So you are right. That does not make Satan better than God.

How tragically warped you are in your thinking. As time winds down here, how tragically common your thinking is, though.

God commits "genocide" on all of us. We are all going to die. He alone has the right to determine when, how, and even why. He is Creator. He gets to say. Even in a flood, even in cancer, even in a car accident. It is His right.
Again you describe a vengeful god. So vengeful that you dare not question his actions

Old Testament God is a god to be feared. People were simple. Worship God or you will be punished. Question God and you will be punished. Punishment is severe. Destroy the earth, kill your children. Punish not just you but future generations

The New Testament is a God of Love. Be a good person. Help the needy, feed the poor, cure the sick. Being good is helping others in the New Testament. Being good in the Old Testament is worshiping God completely

That's called cross marketing (pun intended)

I don't care what names you [Caddo Kid] call me, it just buzzes around my head like so many annoying flies. You don't want to ask me WHY I voted for Trump; it doesn't even occur to you TO ask me. Small minded. That's just the truth. Incurious. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you belong to a party of incurious people who swallow soundbites, call names and never ask questions. That's just the way it is.
Perhaps he's learnt from experience you won't answer. For instance, after you asserted universal morality existed I asked you what it was but received no reply. I guess that's just the way it is.

Yep abortion has been in use since before Jesus walked with an all man review of equality..God himself does abortions and practices infanticide yet I know we are not supposed to question our God(s).

God is Creator. He does not practice "genocide", or "abortion", or "infanticide". He who creates life and determines its eternal destiny has the explicit and unique right to take it at any time, for any reason whatsoever. Sorry you don't like that, but that's the way it is.

He will take your life.

And mine.

And ours, all of us.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all this

You realize that "evil" in this context is ONLY the KJV interpretation of the Hebrew word, and is more aptly interpreted as "calamity, disaster, misfortune". In context it is like "I give blessings and take blessings away" when referred to Israel's obedience and disobedience.

Look up the different versions of the Bible and you will see. Not that you care.

That is all you have been doing this entire thread

What is the "3rd century AD mentality on morals"? They're probably more advanced than ours, to be honest. I don't remember reading anything about hugely pregnant women going into abortion clinics over a two day period to have their completely formed babies injected with heart-stopping medicines to have them killed while INSIDE THEIR BODIES.

Do you?

He will take your life.

And mine.

And ours, all of us.

Yes, thus making the Bible one of the worst books ever translated for thousands of years.If God was dictating to the authors you would think there would be a more accurate transition. Kinda like in Revelations where Jesus rides his white steed through the clouds yet the correct prognostication would be of Jesus riding his Ford Mustang in the clouds...

You mean translation? All the books were written in original languages and translated in various forms from there. No one ever, ever said God "dictated" to the authors.

Moonglow, I'm quite sure you don't really recognize the level of your lack of knowledge when you talk about Christianity. But it's pretty obvious to most of us.

If you believe that God is the sole creator of all in the universe then you must believe that God created Satan
The real question is why would a loving god unleash Satan on the very creations he claims to love?

So God unleashes what is considered to be pure evil on those he loves so refine them into something better?

That's like saying beating your kid every day is going to make him a better person

No. "Pure Evil" is Hell. Thank God, (literally), none of us know that yet. We are all of us, even if we reject God, under what is called "common grace" now. That is, we can enjoy His good gifts even if we don't care about Him or, worse, even reject and curse Him. Good gifts? Air to breathe, food to eat, water to satiate thirst. Love, music, rest, all the very good things in life. All of those things, believe me, are not "pure evil".

Satan is evil, that is true. God has not "unleashed" him on the world unhindered. That will be Hell.

He will take your life.

And mine.

And ours, all of us.

Dude, you whine a LOT. I'm well acquainted with first grade whining and I think you have even them beat

That's too simplistic even for the first graders I teach in Sunday School. I'm not being the least bit facetious. It's just the truth.

I don't care what names you [Caddo Kid] call me, it just buzzes around my head like so many annoying flies. You don't want to ask me WHY I voted for Trump; it doesn't even occur to you TO ask me. Small minded. That's just the truth. Incurious. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you belong to a party of incurious people who swallow soundbites, call names and never ask questions. That's just the way it is.
Perhaps he's learnt from experience you won't answer. For instance, after you asserted universal morality existed I asked you what it was but received no reply. I guess that's just the way it is.

Or maybe I just don't wait for your posts to me with bated breath, I don't know

Dude, you whine a LOT. I'm well acquainted with first grade whining and I think you have even them beat

Wasn't it you that was whining someone was calling you names?

Or maybe I just don't wait for your posts to me with bated breath, I don't know
So much for complaining about not receiving questions. I bet you do the same thing to your first graders, thereby teaching them to not trust adults.

Satan is evil, that is true. God has not "unleashed" him on the world unhindered. That will be Hell.
God created Satan and cast him down upon the earth.

Why not just snap his fingers and wipe him out of existence instead of forcing the creations he supposedly love to be subjected to his evil?

God killed all creatures on earth in a flood, killed the first born of Egypt, caused famine and pestilence

What did Satan ever do that was that bad?

^^ enter the Satan worshiper.

Pull out your Bible and point out evil deeds of satan
The Book of Job, the Bible, all verses. It shows the extent of Satan's disrespect of the Almighty's influence upon a man, who suffers but survives without denying God whom he firmly believes will bring him through all forms of other people's disbelief, and guess what: Satan loses the famous bet, and God wins because He knew Job's faith was absolute. Because he believes in God and not himself through all the garbage Satan put him through using his frail body and his friends to harass him--because of his faith in God, he not only defeats the purposes of Satan, he wins not only restoration of all he lost, he is rewarded by becoming a beacon to future generations whenever his story is seen and comprehended by others who chuck doubts for faith in God, the creator. Job's life is like the olive branch that God extends to those who see no value in beliefs but are changed by their full understanding of what God can do when life itself hands you the lemon of disbelief.

Why not just snap his fingers and wipe him out of existence instead of forcing the creations he supposedly love to be subjected to his evil?

So, you are Satan?

But who created Hell?

It was not Satan, it was God who created it and cast Satan down to Hell

More Old Testament, you will be punished for eternity if you anger God

So, you are Satan?
Please allow me to introduce myself.....

That's too simplistic even for the first graders I teach in Sunday School. I'm not being the least bit facetious. It's just the truth.
Please expand

Your first graders don’t understand the differences between an Old Testament and New Testament God?

You are not a very good teacher

God killed all creatures on earth in a flood, killed the first born of Egypt, caused famine and pestilence

What did Satan ever do that was that bad?

^^ enter the Satan worshiper.

Pull out your Bible and point out evil deeds of satan
The Book of Job, the Bible, all verses. It shows the extent of Satan's disrespect of the Almighty's influence upon a man, who suffers but survives without denying God whom he firmly believes will bring him through all forms of other people's disbelief, and guess what: Satan loses the famous bet, and God wins because He knew Job's faith was absolute. Because he believes in God and not himself through all the garbage Satan put him through using his frail body and his friends to harass him--because of his faith in God, he not only defeats the purposes of Satan, he wins not only restoration of all he lost, he is rewarded by becoming a beacon to future generations whenever his story is seen and comprehended by others who chuck doubts for faith in God, the creator. Job's life is like the olive branch that God extends to those who see no value in beliefs but are changed by their full understanding of what God can do when life itself hands you the lemon of disbelief.
The story of Job is some pretty sick shit

Job is used in a sick bet between God and Satan. Kind of like the movie Trading Places

Job is a good person and God allows him to be tortured beyond belief just to make a point

Forum List

Back