What Is The Best Way To Deal With Street Protesters That Hold Up Traffic?

How would you deal with a street protest that was keeping you from getting to work?

• Stop and wait for the cops

• Drive over them

• Tackle and body-slam them and take their pants off

• Roll over them with a steam roller

• Break out my softball bat and go to town

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
No. We aren't talking about any kind of a stop in traffic. We're talking about protesters forcing people to stop. Are you okay?
I'm fine, thank you very much. Like it or not, protesting the government is still legal in this country. Obstructing the affairs of others very often isn't legal, but we have laws to deal with that. That doesn't mean you will never be inconvenienced. It only means you have to have a minimal amount of patience.

I'm fine, thank you very much. Like it or not, protesting the government is still legal in this country. Obstructing the affairs of others very often isn't legal, but we have laws to deal with that. That doesn't mean you will never be inconvenienced. It only means you have to have a minimal amount of patience.
No, it doesn't mean I have to accept being stopped from where I'm going. I'm a free man and you have no right to stop me because you're protesting. Fuck you, commie.

From your link:

Florida’s new law also creates civil immunity for people who drive into crowds of protesters, meaning they won’t be sued for damages if people get hurt or killed if they claim self-defense (but they could still face criminal charges). Democrats asked their GOP colleagues whether the neo-Nazi who drove into a crowd of protesters during the violent Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville could have claimed immunity or self-defense. “That person rammed a vehicle into those people to hurt them,” GOP state Sen. Danny Burgess responded, according to the Orlando Sentinel. “He wasn’t defending himself.”

Deliberatly driving your car into protesters is still not protected in Florida.

Here's the actual law: https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/1/BillText/er/PDF

That law was blocked by a federal judge as unconstitutional: https://www.npr.org/2021/09/09/1035...ntis-george-floyd-black-lives-matter-protests

Also, to your question about how many street protests there were in Florida after that law was passed: DeSantis asks protesters to stay out of Florida roads in reversal on anti-riot law

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday called on demonstrators showing support for Cuban protestors to stop blocking traffic in Florida, a pivot from his previous stance and a nod to the criticism that has been heaped on the state’s new ‘anti-riot’ law in recent days.

That didn't take long!

From your link:

Florida’s new law also creates civil immunity for people who drive into crowds of protesters, meaning they won’t be sued for damages if people get hurt or killed if they claim self-defense (but they could still face criminal charges). Democrats asked their GOP colleagues whether the neo-Nazi who drove into a crowd of protesters during the violent Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville could have claimed immunity or self-defense. “That person rammed a vehicle into those people to hurt them,” GOP state Sen. Danny Burgess responded, according to the Orlando Sentinel. “He wasn’t defending himself.”

Deliberatly driving your car into protesters is still not protected in Florida.

Here's the actual law: https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/1/BillText/er/PDF

That law was blocked by a federal judge as unconstitutional: https://www.npr.org/2021/09/09/1035...ntis-george-floyd-black-lives-matter-protests

Also, to your question about how many street protests there were in Florida after that law was passed: DeSantis asks protesters to stay out of Florida roads in reversal on anti-riot law

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday called on demonstrators showing support for Cuban protestors to stop blocking traffic in Florida, a pivot from his previous stance and a nod to the criticism that has been heaped on the state’s new ‘anti-riot’ law in recent days.

That didn't take long!
Of course you just cant drive into protesters. My point is you CAN drive over protesters if they are trying to prevent you from moving. Point made. FACT.

I guess you weren't around in the summer of 2020

No, it doesn't mean I have to accept being stopped from where I'm going. I'm a free man and you have no right to stop me because you're protesting. Fuck you, commie.
You don't have to accept being stopped. You can refuse to stop for red lights, stop signs, traffic congestion, construction, people on the street, etc. But, like it or not, you will be held responsible for violating any applicable laws if you are caught. But you do have the constitutional authority to take part in the lawmaking branch of our government. Unfortunately, most people aren't really aware of that. Most believe that only political parties have that authority.

You don't have to accept being stopped. You can refuse to stop for red lights, stop signs, traffic congestion, construction, people on the street, etc. But, like it or not, you will be held responsible for violating any applicable laws if you are caught. But you do have the constitutional authority to take part in the lawmaking branch of our government. Unfortunately, most people aren't really aware of that. Most believe that only political parties have that authority.

Say youre driving a sick kid to ER and blocked miles away. Kid dies.

By your insane logic the blockers are guilty of murder? Do you people ever think? Are you capable?

Get out of the road you firking dweebs!

Now you're talking about something totally different. I obey all traffic laws. I expect my fellow citizens to do the same. It's against the law for a protester to stop me and prevent me from moving or they're getting run over. LEGALLY.

Say youre driving a sick kid to ER and blocked miles away. Kid dies.
If we pass some kind of sick kid law, people will drive around with a 'sick kid' all the time. Actual sick kids will still die then. Nothing will be gained.

We all have the authority to take part in the lawmaking process to try to correct this, but we are too lazy or too ignorant to try.

Fu0avlCaUAAIwR4.jpeg

~~~~~~
I would slowly roll up to them honk my horn and continue to move through them.
That's exactly what I do. They WILL move when you are just a few inches from them.

Forum List

Back