🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Is The Biggest Drawback Of Atheism?

So, the question seems to be is whether a comforting myth is preferable to reality.

Well, reality isn't all that clear. Pretty much the only argument that there is no god is the lack of evidence that there is. This is a logical fallacy and proves nothing. So they are all ultimately myths. Might as well pick the myth you find most comforting.
so what are you saying??
there is no proof of god --plain and simple

no such thing as atheism because there is no god
so no drawbacks at all

So, the question seems to be is whether a comforting myth is preferable to reality.

Well, reality isn't all that clear. Pretty much the only argument that there is no god is the lack of evidence that there is. This is a logical fallacy and proves nothing. So they are all ultimately myths. Might as well pick the myth you find most comforting.
so what are you saying??
It is literally all around and in you.

so what are you saying??
sure it is
hahahahahhahahah

so what are you saying??
sure it is
hahahahahhahahah
100%.

Laughing leads to crying.

so what are you saying??
sure it is
hahahahahhahahah
100%.

you're insane

so what are you saying??
sure it is
hahahahahhahahah
100%.

I know that's what you do--you're crazy imagining fairies in the sky

so what are you saying??
sure it is
hahahahahhahahah
100%.

you're insane
Why? Because I’m not a materialist like you?

so what are you saying??
sure it is
hahahahahhahahah
100%.

I don’t imagine it as fairies in the sky. That’s your perception of God, not mine.

Personally I think you are crazy for having that perception.

I should talk, but from this fundamental Christian's POV, it's death.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

J. Robert Oppenheimer Father of Atomic Bomb and celebrity atheist

I don't know. What do you think?

I'm not positive, but my answer would be death while Christians fear God.

Atheists may look at death like this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

What the heck, we're all gonna die due to Adam's sin and Satan.

Still, the atheists believe...

giphy.gif
No, atheists look at death like this:

grave-347x500.jpg

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
No, atheists look at death like this:

View attachment 281557
Wait until it comes for you.

Besides faith isn’t about death it’s about living.

We've been searching for evidence for millennia. I'm thinking if he/she were there we'da found something.

From what I can tell, the biggest drawback to being an atheist is they don't have a chance of getting their first blowjob at church camp like so many kids do now days.
Yeah, from the camp counselor.

Believing in a power greater than oneself has helped many through times of grief and despair. It’s why I don’t question the complexities of religion.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
As an agnostic... I might be able to partially answer the question...
One drawback is that the cheapening of mortal existence is lacking. Without the surety of an afterlife; I hold the life I do know as more precious, and seek to preserve it with greater passion than I would, should I deem it inconsequential, believing in an even better, and eternal "afterlife"...

You are correct that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, so to the extent one would claim it is, that assertion would be a fallacy. But it would not be a myth. A myth demands a something to mythologize, not a nothing.

Logically, atheism isn't even possible. Agnosticism is, but that's different.

A myth is just a story. It does not require any something.

Of course it does. You can't write a story that has no subject in it.

"It was a dark and stormy night. Nobody hastily shivered in the rain as they didn't unlock the non-door to their nonexistent non-domicile where they proceeded to not exist".

Doesn't work.
Off topic I know but it seems to work for tRump.

We've been searching for evidence for millennia. I'm thinking if he/she were there we'da found something.

Really? Based upon what would you think that?

""For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26

The reality is the afterlife, not this life. What's the point of accumulating assets, but you can't take it with you? Even King Solomon couldn't take any of it with him. However, that is not the point of the verse above. It is saying what is important is your life spirit, not this life. The myth is this life, so you have it backwards.
Somebody needs to tell Pat Roberson and that ilk they are doing it wrong.

I don’t believe you looked very hard.

If you had put in half the effort in looking for God thank you put in for looking for reasons not to look for God, I’m certain you would have found God. He’s not that hard to find.

so what are you saying??
sure it is
hahahahahhahahah
100%.

I don’t imagine it as fairies in the sky. That’s your perception of God, not mine.

Personally I think you are crazy for having that perception.
you believe in fairies all right

Forum List

Back