🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Is The Biggest Drawback Of Atheism?

I should talk, but from this fundamental Christian's POV, it's death.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

J. Robert Oppenheimer Father of Atomic Bomb and celebrity atheist

I don't know. What do you think?

I'm not positive, but my answer would be death while Christians fear God.

Atheists may look at death like this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

What the heck, we're all gonna die due to Adam's sin and Satan.

Still, the atheists believe...

giphy.gif
As an agnostic... I might be able to partially answer the question...
One drawback is that the cheapening of mortal existence is lacking. Without the surety of an afterlife; I hold the life I do know as more precious, and seek to preserve it with greater passion than I would, should I deem it inconsequential, believing in an even better, and eternal "afterlife"...
My observation is different.

Most people who profess to believe in a higher power don’t really conduct their lives like they believe they will have to answer for their sins.

Does that surprise you that I believe that?

It is literally all around and in you.
sure it is
hahahahahhahahah
100%.

Laughing leads to crying.
I know that's what you do--you're crazy imagining fairies in the sky
I don’t imagine it as fairies in the sky. That’s your perception of God, not mine.

Personally I think you are crazy for having that perception.
you believe in fairies all right
No. You do. Because you keep looking for them.

Fairies don’t exist. God does.

But you keep looking for fairies because I’ve already found God and he had poured out upon me more blessings than you can count.

How’s your life?

sure it is
hahahahahhahahah
100%.

I don’t imagine it as fairies in the sky. That’s your perception of God, not mine.

But you keep looking for fairies because I’ve already found God and he had poured out upon me more blessings than you can count.

How’s your life?

"I’ve already found God and he had poured out upon me more blessings than you can count."

I think you lie.

I'm sure you can't list any BLESSINGS that god poured upon you that are any different or any more special than my life.

100%.

How’s your life?

"I’ve already found God and he had poured out upon me more blessings than you can count."

I think you lie.

I'm sure you can't list any BLESSINGS that god poured upon you that are any different or any more special than my life.
All the learning centers of my brain have been turned on.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
No, atheists look at death like this:

View attachment 281557
Wait until it comes for you.

Besides faith isn’t about death it’s about living.
Neither one of those things addresses my comment.

So, the question seems to be is whether a comforting myth is preferable to reality.

Well, reality isn't all that clear. Pretty much the only argument that there is no god is the lack of evidence that there is. This is a logical fallacy and proves nothing. So they are all ultimately myths. Might as well pick the myth you find most comforting.
We've been searching for evidence for millennia. I'm thinking if he/she were there we'da found something.

Really? Based upon what would you think that?
If there's evidence out there the longer you look the more likely you are to find it, or just stumble across it when you aren't even looking for that matter.

So, the question seems to be is whether a comforting myth is preferable to reality.

Well, reality isn't all that clear. Pretty much the only argument that there is no god is the lack of evidence that there is. This is a logical fallacy and proves nothing. So they are all ultimately myths. Might as well pick the myth you find most comforting.
We've been searching for evidence for millennia. I'm thinking if he/she were there we'da found something.
I don’t believe you looked very hard.

If you had put in half the effort in looking for God thank you put in for looking for reasons not to look for God, I’m certain you would have found God. He’s not that hard to find.
Not me, all the people throughout history who have looked for him. Not some "inner peace" or stuff like that, actual physical evidence. A relic, a burning bush, an angel or a devil, anything.

so what are you saying??
there is no proof of god --plain and simple
If you really didn't believe, why would you care if others did?

Not so sure of yourself, are you?

"If you really didn't believe, why would you care if others did?"

I can't speak for anyone else but the reason "I care" is that the believers believe they have every right to impose their beliefs on everyone else. Quite often via law.

They can believe in any god or religion that floats their boat (or offers them the best after life package) but I don't want them crafting religious laws or indoctrinating MY KIDS in public schools.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
One drawback is that the cheapening of mortal existence is lacking. Without the surety of an afterlife; I hold the life I do know as more precious, and seek to preserve it with greater passion than I would, should I deem it inconsequential, believing in an even better, and eternal "afterlife"...

Most people who profess to believe in a higher power don’t really conduct their lives like they believe they will have to answer for their sins.

Observation of what?

evolution is proof of a metaphysical existence that traverses time, the atheist might be content as a one time contributor however for others freeing their spirit through accomplishment is an attempt worth trying. life in the Everlasting.

for the religious to claim admission can be accomplished for them is the joke atheist can surly count on in reprisal for believing they will simply die as being the same.
You forget one thing, Breezy dear. Christians do not judge. That's the job of God alone.
You forget one thing, Breezy dear. Christians do not judge. That's the job of God alone.

just could not decipher what that had to do with what I wrote ... by remaining a sinner what is there for them to judge about a christian.

rewrite your bible beautresss for there to be something to accomplish in your life that might give you a chance for admission.

"christians FEAR god"

so the only reason you don't kill, steal, lie and cheat is because you FEAR god?

actually you don't fear god, you fear what god will do to you if you don't tow the line....

which makes me ask......if you fear what god will do to you if you lie, cheat, kill and steal why do you lie, cheat, kill and steal?

perhaps you don't really fear god at all.....

Not that kind of fear, but respect for God's holiness, kingdom, power, and glory forever. Christians are born with sin and are sinful people, too. We can't help but to commit sin. None of us can throw the first stone. So it's not the fear of what happens to us if we don't tow the line. We know that's not possible. Instead, we try to repent for our sins and mistakes through prayer, asking for forgiveness, and changing our thinking and ways. It is fear of not being with God; it is fear of being atheist.
Christians are born with sin and are sinful people, too. We can't help but to commit sin. None of us can throw the first stone. So it's not the fear of what happens to us if we don't tow the line. We know that's not possible. Instead, we try to repent for our sins and mistakes through prayer, asking for forgiveness, and changing our thinking and ways.

Christians are born with sin and are sinful people, too ... We can't help but to commit sin.

you are off your rocker bond - have you tried it for a day, not sinning at least an hour ... work towards a weeks worth and see if you do not feel better, it could help your victims if you give it a try. sure its like smoking a cigarette it may feel good but like black lung it isn't going to get you anywhere than 6' under.

* forget about the Everlasting, maybe reincarnation maybe not - as a christian. your victims have the better chance.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
This seems incoherent...Im not actually sure what the fuck the point was, but...

to me, in order to answer what the biggest drawback of atheism is...Id have to first know what you mean by atheism.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
No, atheists look at death like this:

View attachment 281557
Wait until it comes for you.

Besides faith isn’t about death it’s about living.
Neither one of those things addresses my comment.
I didn’t say they did.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Observation of what?
The behaviors of people of faith.

evolution is proof of a metaphysical existence that traverses time, the atheist might be content as a one time contributor however for others freeing their spirit through accomplishment is an attempt worth trying. life in the Everlasting.

for the religious to claim admission can be accomplished for them is the joke atheist can surly count on in reprisal for believing they will simply die as being the same.

just could not decipher what that had to do with what I wrote ... by remaining a sinner what is there for them to judge about a christian.

rewrite your bible beautresss for there to be something to accomplish in your life that might give you a chance for admission.
That’s a judgement.

Yet, I've heard...

View attachment 281452

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"J. Robert Oppenheimer Father of Atomic Bomb and celebrity atheist"

are you the only conservative who thinks nuking 2 japanese cities was the WRONG thing to do?

I don’t believe you looked very hard.

If you had put in half the effort in looking for God thank you put in for looking for reasons not to look for God, I’m certain you would have found God. He’s not that hard to find.
Not me, all the people throughout history who have looked for him. Not some "inner peace" or stuff like that, actual physical evidence. A relic, a burning bush, an angel or a devil, anything.
Maybe you did it wrong.

Forum List

Back