What is the equivalent of "my dude" when addressing a female?

What Calypso said. Dudette is always proper when calling a female the equivalent of Dude. I'd leave off the "muh" though, and replace it with "yo", as in "yo, dudette, you don't know what you're talking about". The "yo" would be there to get her attention.
I agree, to a point with the "yo". Is "Yo, bitch" a little too condescending?

I need some advice from USMB folk of all political stripes.

Here's the situation: I teach special education students with behavioral issues. I am literally a "behavior teacher." Idiotic job, but that is the state of education in the US of A.

I have a counselor who has gotten involved with one of my students, and has implied criticism of the way I approach dealing with the student. I have to stomp out such behavior immediately.

She has called for a staffing (meeting) about the student, and I am sure her only goal is to slam the way I have been dealing with the student, and try to force me to change. I want to avoid that lke the plague. It is a bit of a toe-stepping for a counselor to get involved with a Special Education student's behavior, but not officially frowned on.

For my reponse, I need a form of address that carries all the condescension loosely disguised as respect/affection that "my dude" carries, but for a female.

Should I just say "my dude," even though she is female? Or is something else more appropriate? She is very progressive so a non-binary form of address would be perfect, if I knew of a non-binary form of "my dude." "My chick" doesn't seem to meet the goal of condescending without provably condescending. What say you?

TIA!

By the way you've written this post, I really think that this woman is probably right. You don't seem to understand kids, how to teach them, let alone those with behavioral issues.

You want to deliberately annoy a colleague who might actually be able to give you some useful advice on how to deal with a student? Fucking hell. Wrong job dude, go work in McDonalds.

Just behave like a well educated man with good manners and address her by her first name or formally , Miss , if unmarried .

If she is as ignorant as she sounds , try cretinous fuck face .

It's a professional setting, so be a professional. Use her name, and get down to the business at hand. After all, you are supposed to be one of tha adults in the room, aren't you?

All good suggestons, thanks!

I think I'll go with this one:

You want to insinuate disdain correct. I've always found that misprouncing the last name but using her title works well for me. It's like you are giving respect without giving respect.

It's perfect, because this one recently got married and changed her name, so she's probably extra-sensitive.

It's a professional setting, so be a professional. Use her name, and get down to the business at hand. After all, you are supposed to be one of tha adults in the room, aren't you?
Best response Vastator based upon common sense. I taught special ed, 9th-12th grades for a short stint (was outside of my qualifications) and I gained respect for teachers within that field doing their best.

Nobody would have ever suggested teachers or staff use words that the kids used, like dude. In most high schools and definitely in middle schools (this goes for several states not just mine) girls call other girls dude and many boys will call girls dude as well. I’ve noticed it’s dying out a little since the trend started around 10 years ago, but still very much a thing.

If this school’s counselor (no clue only assumption here ) supports teachers using dude, that school needs a better, more professional counselor. Kind of like when parents try to be their kids friend instead of a parent, it’s not in the best interest for the kid to do so.

Obviously, you can't tell us the specific individual need ... so please take my comments as the general case, or perhaps more focused on my experiments with Special Education ...

The IEP should be completely clear about whatever the dispute is ... your meeting will include a State licensed expert in the field of whatever the special education need is and that person should be given great weight in the final decision ...

As far as the question at hand, the child's parents are your best resource ... what do they use at home ... and the school principal will be there too, he might veto the parents idea if he/she doesn't want that behavior on campus ... parents today typically use pot, not sure that's allowed in your state's schools yet ...

Obviously, you can't tell us the specific individual need ... so please take my comments as the general case, or perhaps more focused on my experiments with Special Education ...

The IEP should be completely clear about whatever the dispute is ... your meeting will include a State licensed expert in the field of whatever the special education need is and that person should be given great weight in the final decision ...

As far as the question at hand, the child's parents are your best resource ... what do they use at home ... and the school principal will be there too, he might veto the parents idea if he/she doesn't want that behavior on campus ... parents today typically use pot, not sure that's allowed in your state's schools yet ...
Good point.

Here is my take on impaired kids who become violent when non-impaired kids bully them. It is a great lesson in the math of probability for the bully.

I once had a third grader with intellectual disability and severe behavior. He went in the boys bathroom and a fifth grader mocked him for "talking like a baby." When the fifth grader turned to use the urinal, the third grader ran and jumped up to slam the kids head into the tile wall. Our principal told me that the bump looked like a cartoon of a person getting a lump on their head.

When that fifth grader decided to bully a much smaller impaired child, he would have likely thougth that the possibility of that leading a trip to the emergency room was this: 0. It turned out that it was this: >0. A lesson there, once he stopped being woozy enough to learn it.

Forum List

Back