You are of the universe, so your statement is false.
The universe doesn't care what I do either.
You really need to think otherwise but I can offer you no comfort.
You do realize that since matter and energy cannot be destroyed, that the matter and energy that make up YOU was created at the big bang. Therefore, you are the universe. Do you care what you do?
I'm part of the universe...but the universe doesn't care, and it certainly isn't here to serve me...or you...or anyone.
If you are part of the universe and you care then the universe does care. I never said it was here to serve you. It exists to know itself.
It exists for no purpose.
We exist for no purpose.
That we contrive our own purpose for existence is for our own benefit.
The universe doesn't care what we do because it has no reason.
I think you've said that already.

The universe doesn't care what I do either.
You really need to think otherwise but I can offer you no comfort.
You do realize that since matter and energy cannot be destroyed, that the matter and energy that make up YOU was created at the big bang. Therefore, you are the universe. Do you care what you do?
I'm part of the universe...but the universe doesn't care, and it certainly isn't here to serve me...or you...or anyone.
If you are part of the universe and you care then the universe does care. I never said it was here to serve you. It exists to know itself.
We exist for no purpose.
I think you're right.

It has no purpose.
Then you most likely won't learn anything from it.
I don't understand.
How does the universe having no purpose mean that I can't learn anything from it?

You are the universe. Your problem is not to learn from you - your problem is to learn at all - specially because you are a member of the anglo-american part of the universe, where it seems to me to win a cup of the own shit is thousands and millions times more worthful than to lose wrong thoughts, imaginations and ideas. The world you are living in is unbelievable intentional ignorant, unbelievable agressive arrogant and unbelievable fat and nevertheless the same time unbelievable hungry. "You" are doing continiously wars, "you" have to many weapons - even weapons for wars - in the civil society, to many people are in prisons ... I can see a nearly endless stream of problems ... You may learn a lot - but what can you really learn? How to make a pi-bill out of natural laws? Or how to create with laws a more perfect system of injustice? Or how to make wars out of every communication - for example about the most simple laws and facts of physics? ... Be happy if the purpose of the universe is it not to teach the USA anything ...

The universe doesn't care what you do.

In this way thinks every criminal. And indeed the universe seems not to know what justice is. The sun shines for everyone.

That might cause you discomfort but that's just a fact.

Some call it "discomfort" - others "an interesting adventure". So if you could give me any explanation or idea, why not only nothing is existing, then I would be interested to hear this idea. Why exist structures (your thoughts for example) ? Why exists not only nothing? And whatever the reason for this wonder of all wonders could be: is it really plausible to think it's without purpose?

Last edited:
It has no purpose.
I don't understand.
How does the universe having no purpose mean that I can't learn anything from it?

You are the universe. Your problem is not to learn from you - your problem is to learn at all - specially because you are a member of the anglo-american part of the universe, where it seems to me to win a cup of the own shit is thousands and millions times more worthful than to lose wrong thoughts, imaginations and ideas. The world you are living in is unbelievable intentional ignorant, unbelievable agressive arrogant and unbelievable fat and nevertheless the same time unbelievable hungry. "You" are doing continiously wars, "you" have to many weapons - even weapons for wars - in the civil society, to many people are in prisons ... I can see a nearly endless stream of problems ... You may learn a lot - but what can you really learn? How to make a pi-bill out of natural laws? Or how to create with laws a more perfect system of injustice? Or how to make wars out of every communication - for example about the most simple laws and facts of physics? ... Be happy if the purpose of the universe is it not to teach the USA anything ...

Not a fan of Americans?

No. I'm a fan of red indians.

Sometimes it is helpful to see the big picture. You know... the good and the bad.

The USA changed the world history.

Wars serve a purpose in nature much the same as forest fires do.

?

They clear out the dead growth so that new growth can occur.

Stupid idea. You try to justify massmurder in wars how others speak about to use an umbrella.

If your people had had weapons they may not have had to endure so much suffering, but then again they would have missed out on all the
good that that suffering brought them.

Do you understand what you say here?

Don't think I have not understood your thinly veiled messages aimed at me in almost all of your posts. I was born during the day, but not yesterday.

If no argument helps any longer then try it with paranoia? :flameth:

Last edited:
It has no purpose.
I don't understand.

In this way thinks every criminal. And indeed the universe seems not to know what justice is. The sun shines for everyone.

Some call it "discomfort" - others "an interesting adventure". So if you could give me any explanation or idea, why not only nothing is existing, then I would be interested to hear this idea. Why exist structures (your thoughts for example) ? Why exists not only nothing? And whatever the reason for this wonder of all wonders could be: is it really plausible to think it's without purpose?

I never said nothing exists...I said that the universe exists for no purpose.
Why should it have a purpose?

Maybe it just exists to fill in a big gap.

I am not so sure the universe has a purpose at all.

Maybye it all is just random is, rather than nothingness.

Random, but it is what it is.

Still the universe made the mistake of giving me thought and free will, so my purpose is to love.

Love every one last one of you, such and as much as I can.

And when I can't love you cocksuckers, I drink.

That, is the purpose of the universe, as I see it.
It takes a very complex ecosystem to create ethanol.

Why? Because you say so? Tell me then, what has all of your acceptance of authority told you the purpose of the universe is?
I just got through telling you that nobody knows the answer.

And that nobody can know the answer.

My personal Deist mythology is irrelevant to anyone else, but my own fantasy is that the Deist Clockmaker God threw us into this hellhole and is reaping archangels out of all those who survive it without being unethical in the process.
So what good would come from reading it?

Engineers 1 Philosophers 0
Engineers are not very good at Philosophy.

The purpose of the universe is to create beings that know and create. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.
I think the main problem is that humans are extremely conceited and think they are the center of the universe.

It used to be heresy to consider that the earth revolves around the Sun. And I'm sure after it was proven that it does, many thought the Sun was the center of the universe, or at least the Milky Way.

If humans have so little respect for what is around them, they will die out.

Who is to say what is intelligent and what is not? If you don't respect nature, it sure will not respect you.

We exist for no purpose.
I think you're right.
Then maybe it is time for you to tell me how you know.

And whatever the reason for this wonder of all wonders could be: is it really plausible to think it's without purpose?

No. It would be implausible to believe that this wonder of wonders was created without purpose. So besides expanding, lol, what do you believe that purpose might be?

Why? Because you say so? Tell me then, what has all of your acceptance of authority told you the purpose of the universe is?
I just got through telling you that nobody knows the answer.

And that nobody can know the answer.

My personal Deist mythology is irrelevant to anyone else, but my own fantasy is that the Deist Clockmaker God threw us into this hellhole and is reaping archangels out of all those who survive it without being unethical in the process.
So what good would come from reading it?

Engineers 1 Philosophers 0
Engineers are not very good at Philosophy.
And yet it is still engineers 1, philosophers 0.

Think of the universe as a bus stop.

It's just a place to hang out on our trip to eternity. Some of us catch the bus, some of us don't.

We exist for no purpose.
I think you're right.
Then maybe it is time for you to tell me how you know.
He has his own invisible friend. :D

I don't understand.

I never said nothing exists...I said that the universe exists for no purpose.
Why should it have a purpose?

Maybe it just exists to fill in a big gap.

Then if it just exists to fill in a big gap, then that would be a purpose.

Engineers 2 philosophers 0

I am not so sure the universe has a purpose at all.

Maybye it all is just random is, rather than nothingness.

Random, but it is what it is.

Still the universe made the mistake of giving me thought and free will, so my purpose is to love.

Love every one last one of you, such and as much as I can.

And when I can't love you cocksuckers, I drink.

That, is the purpose of the universe, as I see it.
It takes a very complex ecosystem to create ethanol.
It takes a very complex creation to create beings that know and create.

Engineers 3 philosophers 0

The purpose of the universe is to create beings that know and create. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.
I think the main problem is that humans are extremely conceited and think they are the center of the universe.

It used to be heresy to consider that the earth revolves around the Sun. And I'm sure after it was proven that it does, many thought the Sun was the center of the universe, or at least the Milky Way.

Who is to say what is intelligent and what is not? If you don't respect nature, it sure will not respect you.
Can you tell me something that is more complex or intelligent than beings that know and create?

Can you tell me something that is more complex or intelligent than beings that know and create?
The god who created them? :D

"Purpose" is something humans experience. No humans, no purpose.
If there was no purpose, then there would be no order.

order: the arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.

method: a particular form of procedure for accomplishing or approaching something, especially a systematic or established one.

Forum List

Back