What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

And that statement hold up. Over 60% of the illegal guns in Chicago comes from outside sources. Most are purchased through legal means, transported to Chicago, sold on the streets to people that should not have them. This makes getting a gun in Chicago nearly as easy as buying a pack of gum.

Except there are no facts supporting that case. All the really know is guns get there but not necessarily by any nefarious intent.

I already showed where they came from. You just won't accept fact when it's dumped on your lap because it conflicts with your MORE GUNS routine. Well, Chitown is getting more guns from areas that have almost zero regulation. The listed Colorado as well but not since the new laws have passed. You want to keep bitching about the gun crime in Chicago but won't do a thing on an individual state level to stop it. All you have to do is require ALL guns sales to have to have Background checks in all 50 states. Then start picking up the gun buyers that transport and sell to the criminals in the larger cities. The Gun Crime will slowly go down as the Metro Cops confiscates the criminals weapons and there isn't a nice sweet pipeline in to replace them.
it's left up to the states for a reason. why are you about the gun anyway, the human is the idiot, not the gun. wow, you are a mess.

It's like tax loopholes. Leave them and someone will take advantage of them. The sorta background checks are like that. close the loophole and the guns for the criminals access goes down. But I guess you think it's okay since it''s Capitalism at it's height.
that isn't true and you know it.
\
And the 2nd amendment isn't about capitalism, it is a right given by my fore fathers and I'm not letting anyone take it.
Actually your forefathers didn't give any right to you as the US Constitution is based on the premise that all rights are inherent in each person. What the founders did was to codify this unique philosophy into a code of government.

This is what makes the US unique in the world and people here would like nothing more than to take that uniqueness away so we are more like those other countries whose governments are of the mind that you have no rights,only privileges that can be taken away at any time for any reason

How do you arrive at the idea that those three amendments allow gun regulation. As for your gun knowledge if is marginal at best. The AK is a much more efficient and reliable weapon than the M16 in all versions, and a pump shotgun is the best of all weapons for close quarters maximum effect warfare. The M16 is designed as a combat weapon. You and every idiot pile of shit gun grabber do not know what that means. Combat weapons are not designed for direct killing, They are designed for battlefield superiority. The idea being that in slow fire targeted shooting they can be used for lethal shots, but in large scale full bore action they can be used to cause debilitating injury to stop an enemy from being a viable opponent. By leaving that enemy alive and creating a problem for the enemy squad because the time and personnel required to care for each wounded puts three times the stress on the manpower as a death you can overcome them with much less effort and resources

Gee, I already gave the reasoning of the 223 round for combat. Aren't you the bright one.

The AK is better when you are firing full auto with it. It's a fantastic spray and pray weapon. But it's generally short ranged and sloppy. It's tolerances are loose to say the least. This is why it can fire in almost any situation while the AR/M-16 has to be fairly clean. But the range that the AK is effective is rather short and it has a penetration problem since the bullet is so large and the powder is so weak. I would rather have an AR, M-16 or a M-4 in combat since those 3 (actually based on the same weapon) are much more versatile.

AS for not knowing the M-16, I already published the AR-15 Model 601 that begat the AR-15 Model 602, 603, and 604 or commonly known as the M-16 and the AR-15 model AR6720 which is the AR-15 sharing most parts with the M-4. . You seem to be loaded with more insults than facts, cupcake.

Well the facts still stand bud, first if I were in a firefight with a M16 and had an AK47 the16er would be dead. I don’t know where you got the AK you shot but I can start at one side of a tree and cut it down with mine, I could drop it in a pile of mud and sand drain the bore and start shooting try that with your 16 or 15. The history does not mean anything. Reading google doesn’t either. I had my own m16 and If it’s all you got it’s almost ok. The 5.56 is not a good round for warfare in brush the 7.62x39 will shoot through brush much better. The M14 was a good but heavy weapon the M60 was thebaddog 45 okay better than the new shit. Built and stripped a lot of all of them in the armor cage. .50s of all kinds .30 s of all kinds belt fed mag fed you name it. Buffer mods barrel nicks belt crossover chips. Used them all qualified with all and artillery 155s 105s 88s 90s mortar, demo, cbr and in and out. BS does not faze me. The large number of problems with 5.56 based weapons caused many people to pick up an AK and ammo to stay alive. Sorry just the truth.
Lol
I guess it all depends on the person doing the shooting, the range, the ammunition, among many other things...
True, aks get the job done... Aks are truly a very basic weapon of war and that’s it, they can’t be used for anything else...

Wait just a minute. The AK round is used in more than a few Russian Hunting Rifles. Just because you wouldn't use it to hunt with doesn't mean it can't be used. The AK can bring down a whitetail at 100 yds just fine. IT can also bring down an Antelope as 100 yds. In a brush area, it's equal to the 30.30 in power and makes even a better brush rifle. Now, if the AK only can only really function in WAR then that must apply to the AR as well. But the rest of us not spinning your yarns know that the AK can and is used throughout the world to put meat on the table. If it's all you have, that's what you use even if there is better choices but you can't afford those better choices.

Here we go again equating semiautomatic rifles that LOOK LIKE military rifles with actual military rifles

How do you arrive at the idea that those three amendments allow gun regulation. As for your gun knowledge if is marginal at best. The AK is a much more efficient and reliable weapon than the M16 in all versions, and a pump shotgun is the best of all weapons for close quarters maximum effect warfare. The M16 is designed as a combat weapon. You and every idiot pile of shit gun grabber do not know what that means. Combat weapons are not designed for direct killing, They are designed for battlefield superiority. The idea being that in slow fire targeted shooting they can be used for lethal shots, but in large scale full bore action they can be used to cause debilitating injury to stop an enemy from being a viable opponent. By leaving that enemy alive and creating a problem for the enemy squad because the time and personnel required to care for each wounded puts three times the stress on the manpower as a death you can overcome them with much less effort and resources

Gee, I already gave the reasoning of the 223 round for combat. Aren't you the bright one.

The AK is better when you are firing full auto with it. It's a fantastic spray and pray weapon. But it's generally short ranged and sloppy. It's tolerances are loose to say the least. This is why it can fire in almost any situation while the AR/M-16 has to be fairly clean. But the range that the AK is effective is rather short and it has a penetration problem since the bullet is so large and the powder is so weak. I would rather have an AR, M-16 or a M-4 in combat since those 3 (actually based on the same weapon) are much more versatile.

AS for not knowing the M-16, I already published the AR-15 Model 601 that begat the AR-15 Model 602, 603, and 604 or commonly known as the M-16 and the AR-15 model AR6720 which is the AR-15 sharing most parts with the M-4. . You seem to be loaded with more insults than facts, cupcake.

Well the facts still stand bud, first if I were in a firefight with a M16 and had an AK47 the16er would be dead. I don’t know where you got the AK you shot but I can start at one side of a tree and cut it down with mine, I could drop it in a pile of mud and sand drain the bore and start shooting try that with your 16 or 15. The history does not mean anything. Reading google doesn’t either. I had my own m16 and If it’s all you got it’s almost ok. The 5.56 is not a good round for warfare in brush the 7.62x39 will shoot through brush much better. The M14 was a good but heavy weapon the M60 was thebaddog 45 okay better than the new shit. Built and stripped a lot of all of them in the armor cage. .50s of all kinds .30 s of all kinds belt fed mag fed you name it. Buffer mods barrel nicks belt crossover chips. Used them all qualified with all and artillery 155s 105s 88s 90s mortar, demo, cbr and in and out. BS does not faze me. The large number of problems with 5.56 based weapons caused many people to pick up an AK and ammo to stay alive. Sorry just the truth.
Lol
I guess it all depends on the person doing the shooting, the range, the ammunition, among many other things...
True, aks get the job done... Aks are truly a very basic weapon of war and that’s it, they can’t be used for anything else...

Wait just a minute. The AK round is used in more than a few Russian Hunting Rifles. Just because you wouldn't use it to hunt with doesn't mean it can't be used. The AK can bring down a whitetail at 100 yds just fine. IT can also bring down an Antelope as 100 yds. In a brush area, it's equal to the 30.30 in power and makes even a better brush rifle. Now, if the AK only can only really function in WAR then that must apply to the AR as well. But the rest of us not spinning your yarns know that the AK can and is used throughout the world to put meat on the table. If it's all you have, that's what you use even if there is better choices but you can't afford those better choices.

Here we go again equating semiautomatic rifles that LOOK LIKE military rifles with actual military rifles
The rifle anyone buys at Walmart doesn't remotely resemble the same named rifle that is military issue.
It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Chevy.

Lol

The rifle anyone buys at Walmart doesn't remotely resemble the same named rifle that is military issue.

An AR 15 resembles an M 16 that is the entire reason people here want to ban them

Lol

The AK looks less like a military rifle yet it IS a military rifle. It was born out of WWII and for many years, was the most successful military rifle ever made. The AR is born out of war as well. It has no room for nice things. Every part of it has a function of War. Both of these can be used for hunting but their intended purpose is to kill and wound other poeple and they are both very good at it. Just because a M-2 Mah Deuce can kill an elk at a mile with a very gifted shooter doesn't make it a hunting rifle. Claymores can also be used to uproot a tree stump but that still doens't make it a Wonderful tool for the back yard unless that backyard is a war zone.

Lol

Sure, if one suspends all intelligence and/or ignores the fact that the AR-15 is the retail version of the M-16.

Lol

An AR 15 resembles an M 16 that is the entire reason people here want to ban them

Not ban, regulate. Make it harder to buy them but not impossible. That's called Due Process and it's perfectly legal. The AR is designed for War as I have pointed out before. You will notice that some are starting to comment in that venue. Just because it can shoot a groundhog doesn't make it any less a weapon of war. And the reason it looks like a Military rifle is because it IS. The AR and the AK needs their own Firearms Classification.

conservatives do have an answer for mass shootings in America.

They offer thoughts and prayers...

for the guns.

Lol

The AK looks less like a military rifle yet it IS a military rifle. It was born out of WWII and for many years, was the most successful military rifle ever made. The AR is born out of war as well. It has no room for nice things. Every part of it has a function of War. Both of these can be used for hunting but their intended purpose is to kill and wound other poeple and they are both very good at it. Just because a M-2 Mah Deuce can kill an elk at a mile with a very gifted shooter doesn't make it a hunting rifle. Claymores can also be used to uproot a tree stump but that still doens't make it a Wonderful tool for the back yard unless that backyard is a war zone.
This is why you are fucking moron.

EVERY gun was born out of war. The entire concept of a firearm was born out of war.

You must be, by necessity, in favor of a complete ban of all guns.

Lol

Not ban, regulate. Make it harder to buy them but not impossible. That's called Due Process and it's perfectly legal. The AR is designed for War as I have pointed out before. You will notice that some are starting to comment in that venue. Just because it can shoot a groundhog doesn't make it any less a weapon of war. And the reason it looks like a Military rifle is because it IS. The AR and the AK needs their own Firearms Classification.
Because they LOOK scary?

:laughing0301:

Dumb Fuck!

Keep your bitch ass in Commirado.

So what you're saying is that if investigators ask the original buyer what he did with the gun, they won't go any further in trying to find the trace back to the murderer if he or she can't tell them?

Okay, let's go with that. So this starts happening repeatedly with this person, and authorities are not going to get suspicious that this person is a straw buyer illegally selling guns to criminals?

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. I watch those detective shows now and then and don't recall investigators just giving up that easily. A person that has a history of buying guns legally and selling them to criminals would likely be investigated and even charged themselves.

AT some point, one of the chain will claim it was stolen or lost. End of chain of evidence.

Perhaps in one case. But authorities would not so easily dismiss several cases from one person. That would be a criminal pattern and likely lead to arrests.

The problem is, going over state lines, the Authorities may not be able to track it over the state line if it changed states after it was sold privately a couple of times. The only records would be in the Gun Shop files. But which gun shop has those files. You can't use the scattergun method searching for it.

Correct, but they can go to the original owner and ask what he did with the gun in question. And if this person has a history of selling guns to criminals, I think he's going to face an investigation and charges.

Yes, you can do that but the original owner sold it years ago and it's changed hands a few times. At some point, it only takes one person to sell it to another and forget the persons name. At that point, the link is lost. And the real criminal that bought it legally and transported it to a major city only becomes a criminal on the sale to a person that should not be armed. After so many transactions, what are you going to charge the original owner with since he so the gun through a legal sale. Now, even you have to admit that even a car can be tracked for at least a few years to each and every owner.

What we are taking about is this claim you're making of gun runners, not one person who sold a gun to somebody.

Lol

Sure, if one suspends all intelligence and/or ignores the fact that the AR-15 is the retail version of the M-16.
Another cluless commie sounds off.

The M-16 has completely different components.

The AR looks like an M-4. That's about all. It technically does not even shoot the same round (5.56 v. .223).

Last edited:
do you really think that taking guns from sane, law abiding people will keep insane criminals from doing bad things?

the UK is now having a wave of knife crimes, the mid east is being suicide bombed. The problem is not guns, they problem is a sick society full of assholes like you.

Q. "do (I) really think that taking guns from sane, law abiding people will keep insane criminals from doing bad things?"

A. No, and I've never advocated that guns be confiscated unless under the law, and kept or destroyed via a due process examination by the judiciary.

However, if a gun owned by a sane and law abiding person is stolen and this insane or sane person uses the weapon to rob, kill or maim another person, the original owner should be held to answer civilly for any tort by the victim or the victims family.

so if someone steals your car and gets into a wreck killing another person, you are responsible? Do you ever think before posting?

If you left the car running, or unlocked with the keys in it, you damn well could be sued civilly. Do you know the difference a civil and criminal complaint? BTW, I do think about what I post, maybe you ought to try to do so.

Yes, how does a running car that you left unattended equate to an unloaded gun on your closet shelf?

like all libs you want to punish people for what they believe, not what they do. You have become the laughing stock of USMB, keep it up you are entertaining a lot of people with you idiocy.

The gun can be loaded and the car can be filled with gas.

Yes, and in neither case is the owner responsible for what the thief does with them. How about your kid's baseball bat, is he liable if some other kid steals it and knocks his mother in the head with it?

Your thought process on this is flawed.

back to the OP.

solutions to gun violence:

1. enforce the laws regarding crimes committed with guns
2. put insane people in safe places where they cant harm themselves or others
3. crack down hard on gangs and gang members in our cities
4. Change our culture of hate and violence as solutions to personal and political differences.
5. Stop the welfare system that has destroyed the black family unit.
6. Teach respect and understanding in the public schools
7. teach personal responsibility in the public schools.
8. allow teachers and school officials to be armed
9. Stop the anti-cop culture
10. Put God back in our public discourse
11. There are some weapons that no private citizen has a need for, bazookas, gattling guns, tanks, anti tank missiles, RPGs, etc. ban ownership of these types of weapons by private citizens------------I think those bans already exist.

Bottom line the problem is cultural, we have always had guns in this country, the mass murder events are relatively recent in the last 20 years or so. What has changed? the rise of liberalism and the fall of personal responsibility.

Thank you for your input. While I disagree with some of it, I agree with most of it. I won't cover what I agree with but I will discuss those that I don't.

2. Sounds good until you learn that we don't know when some are unstable until they go off the deep end. Some can be predicted and often times, the signals are overlooked. Next year, we will finally have on the books where a concerned family member or Cops can petition a Judge to have the dangerous person's guns removed. This falls well within the 14th amendment and the 10th. For some odd reason, the Colorado Republican Senate, last year, was handed a House bill that was voted on by both parties to this affect. The Senate was Republican controlled. The Senate wouldn't even let it get out of committee and it died like many bills do. This is a large reason the Republicans in the Senate are being sent home. At any state level, we can't afford party politics. So I agree with you but with provisions.

5. You can't stop welfare until you stop Corporate Welfare that causes much of it. There are many more Whites on welfare than any other race. And most of those whites are working one and two jobs trying to make ends meet. They have no choice but to get the assistance just to keep the wolf from the front door. And many still aren't making it. If a company cannot afford to pay their workers a living wage, they shouldn't be in business in the first place. What even worse, companies like Walmart and other large corporate business have come up with a novel way to decrease the unemployment numbers. Drop back on full time employees and have more Part Time Employees. In Sep of this year, nation wide, we gained 36,200 jobs and lowered the unemployment rate. But what we also had done is the loss of 26,200 full time jobs at the same time. That means we netted a whole bunch of Part Time Jobs and lost a whole bunch of full time jobs. But, my oh my, the unemployment rate did look better. But I have noticed that you can use SNAP (welfare) to get cash and buy things like Energy Drinks and Soda pop, just to name a few. This practice needs to be stopped. The saving there alone would enable for the present Welfare rate to cost much less. On this one, I disagree. But I do agree we need to clean it up.

8. Although the teachers in this state can be armed, the Teachers Associations and PTAs have decided not to allow it. The Teachers and Parents don't think it is a very good idea. I bow to the educators on this one so we our first total disagree.

10. Although I don't see anything wrong with students making a club out of Religion so they can practice their religion, I do see a problem with this. Who's God are you talking about? What Religion are you talking about? Would you allow practicing Muslims to stop anywhere they want and pray 5 times a day? And what about the Athiests. This can become a problem real fast. You can't exclude one Religion while promoting another. So I have a partial agree on this one.

2. when relatives, employers, teachers, etc identify unusual behavior it should be dealt with BEFORE the person kills someone.

5. There is no such thing as corporate welfare, most of the US taxes collected come from corporations and their employees. But our welfare system today rewards women for have more kids without a husband and punishes her financially if she marrys.

8. Local choice and local responsibility for the results

10, all religions, all Gods, Muslims are already allowed to stop working and pray, but Christians cannot. See the difference?

back to the OP.

solutions to gun violence:

1. enforce the laws regarding crimes committed with guns
2. put insane people in safe places where they cant harm themselves or others
3. crack down hard on gangs and gang members in our cities
4. Change our culture of hate and violence as solutions to personal and political differences.
5. Stop the welfare system that has destroyed the black family unit.
6. Teach respect and understanding in the public schools
7. teach personal responsibility in the public schools.
8. allow teachers and school officials to be armed
9. Stop the anti-cop culture
10. Put God back in our public discourse
11. There are some weapons that no private citizen has a need for, bazookas, gattling guns, tanks, anti tank missiles, RPGs, etc. ban ownership of these types of weapons by private citizens------------I think those bans already exist.

Bottom line the problem is cultural, we have always had guns in this country, the mass murder events are relatively recent in the last 20 years or so. What has changed? the rise of liberalism and the fall of personal responsibility.

Thank you for your input. While I disagree with some of it, I agree with most of it. I won't cover what I agree with but I will discuss those that I don't.

2. Sounds good until you learn that we don't know when some are unstable until they go off the deep end. Some can be predicted and often times, the signals are overlooked. Next year, we will finally have on the books where a concerned family member or Cops can petition a Judge to have the dangerous person's guns removed. This falls well within the 14th amendment and the 10th. For some odd reason, the Colorado Republican Senate, last year, was handed a House bill that was voted on by both parties to this affect. The Senate was Republican controlled. The Senate wouldn't even let it get out of committee and it died like many bills do. This is a large reason the Republicans in the Senate are being sent home. At any state level, we can't afford party politics. So I agree with you but with provisions.

5. You can't stop welfare until you stop Corporate Welfare that causes much of it. There are many more Whites on welfare than any other race. And most of those whites are working one and two jobs trying to make ends meet. They have no choice but to get the assistance just to keep the wolf from the front door. And many still aren't making it. If a company cannot afford to pay their workers a living wage, they shouldn't be in business in the first place. What even worse, companies like Walmart and other large corporate business have come up with a novel way to decrease the unemployment numbers. Drop back on full time employees and have more Part Time Employees. In Sep of this year, nation wide, we gained 36,200 jobs and lowered the unemployment rate. But what we also had done is the loss of 26,200 full time jobs at the same time. That means we netted a whole bunch of Part Time Jobs and lost a whole bunch of full time jobs. But, my oh my, the unemployment rate did look better. But I have noticed that you can use SNAP (welfare) to get cash and buy things like Energy Drinks and Soda pop, just to name a few. This practice needs to be stopped. The saving there alone would enable for the present Welfare rate to cost much less. On this one, I disagree. But I do agree we need to clean it up.

8. Although the teachers in this state can be armed, the Teachers Associations and PTAs have decided not to allow it. The Teachers and Parents don't think it is a very good idea. I bow to the educators on this one so we our first total disagree.

10. Although I don't see anything wrong with students making a club out of Religion so they can practice their religion, I do see a problem with this. Who's God are you talking about? What Religion are you talking about? Would you allow practicing Muslims to stop anywhere they want and pray 5 times a day? And what about the Athiests. This can become a problem real fast. You can't exclude one Religion while promoting another. So I have a partial agree on this one.

2. when relatives, employers, teachers, etc identify unusual behavior it should be dealt with BEFORE the person kills someone.

5. There is no such thing as corporate welfare, most of the US taxes collected come from corporations and their employees. But our welfare system today rewards women for have more kids without a husband and punishes her financially if she marrys.

8. Local choice and local responsibility for the results

10, all religions, all Gods, Muslims are already allowed to stop working and pray, but Christians cannot. See the difference?

Happy Holidays.

Lol

The AR looks like an M-4. That's about all. It technically does not even shoot the same round (5.56 v. .223).

Yeah, it has different components so that it can't be made fully automatic like the M-16.

Stop with the pud factor BS.

You know, a couple of weeks ago, 60 Minutes did a story about the AR-15, and what the weapon was and wasn't capable of.

One of the myths that was shattered about the AR-15 is that it can be used for hunting. Sorry, but the ammo that weapon uses travels at about 3 times the speed of sound, as well as has a bullet that is designed to tumble and fragment when it hits. They showed a couple of rounds of shot from a regular hunting rifle, and then showed a couple of rounds shot with an AR-15.

The rounds that were shot with a hunting rifle didn't travel as fast, and they entered in cleanly, and didn't tumble that much. If you used it to hunt, you wouldn't ruin much of the meat.

The AR-15 round entered in, started tumbling, exited out the top of the block of gel towards the back, and created a huge cavity in the gel, as well as left quite a few bullet fragments in the gel block. If you used that round for hunting, the only way to keep from ruining the meat would be to make a head shot, but even that would possibly end up messing up the antlers as a trophy.

Lol

This is why you are fucking moron.

EVERY gun was born out of war. The entire concept of a firearm was born out of war.

You must be, by necessity, in favor of a complete ban of all guns.

FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Lol

Your ignorance is running rampant along with your fake news.

I have the option to by an AR-15 that is only supposed to fire the 223 or I can by the optional AR that fires the full powered 556 nato Round. It's just a barrel change. You can use the same exact barrel from a M-4 in most ARs that are actually not M-16 copies but M-4 copies. Or you can buy the copy of the full sized M-16 along with the 556 Nato Round barrel. The difference is in the combustion chambers.

Almost all parts are interchangeable between the M-4 or the AR-15. Or the full sized AR and the M-16. You have been listening to Rush again. He kills brain cells.

You know, a couple of weeks ago, 60 Minutes did a story about the AR-15, and what the weapon was and wasn't capable of.

One of the myths that was shattered about the AR-15 is that it can be used for hunting. Sorry, but the ammo that weapon uses travels at about 3 times the speed of sound, as well as has a bullet that is designed to tumble and fragment when it hits. They showed a couple of rounds of shot from a regular hunting rifle, and then showed a couple of rounds shot with an AR-15.

The rounds that were shot with a hunting rifle didn't travel as fast, and they entered in cleanly, and didn't tumble that much. If you used it to hunt, you wouldn't ruin much of the meat.

The AR-15 round entered in, started tumbling, exited out the top of the block of gel towards the back, and created a huge cavity in the gel, as well as left quite a few bullet fragments in the gel block. If you used that round for hunting, the only way to keep from ruining the meat would be to make a head shot, but even that would possibly end up messing up the antlers as a trophy.

I hate to disagree and give the gun nut cases a plus, but if you have exactly the same barrel length, fire the same bullet, and have the same twists in the barrel there won't be any difference between the AR and the conventional Hunting Rifle.

That being said, if you fire the hotter 556 Nato round, the bullet will be about 300 foot per second faster than the 223. It's going to hit and do some strange things. And you really shouldn't fire the 556 Nato through something that is set to fire the weaker 223. The combustion chamber pressure is higher. But you can fire a 223 out of a chamber set to use the 556 nato but you will suffer some accuracy and the bullet will be even slower than if you fired it out of a standard 223 barrel.

Forum List

Back