What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Remove the Russian Funding of the NRA...that will help. :113:

The Russians don't have any money to fund the NRA, they gave all of it to the clinton foundation to buy hilary, the one they knew was going to win in 2016......and then she didn't...... she is lucky she has Secret Service protection, Putin likes to poison people who fail him...

That is the stupidest post in this thread, only a real moron could even begin to post such shit. Besides they give all of their money to dimocratic candidates through the soros orgs.

And that statement hold up. Over 60% of the illegal guns in Chicago comes from outside sources. Most are purchased through legal means, transported to Chicago, sold on the streets to people that should not have them. This makes getting a gun in Chicago nearly as easy as buying a pack of gum.

Except there are no facts supporting that case. All the really know is guns get there but not necessarily by any nefarious intent.

I already showed where they came from. You just won't accept fact when it's dumped on your lap because it conflicts with your MORE GUNS routine. Well, Chitown is getting more guns from areas that have almost zero regulation. The listed Colorado as well but not since the new laws have passed. You want to keep bitching about the gun crime in Chicago but won't do a thing on an individual state level to stop it. All you have to do is require ALL guns sales to have to have Background checks in all 50 states. Then start picking up the gun buyers that transport and sell to the criminals in the larger cities. The Gun Crime will slowly go down as the Metro Cops confiscates the criminals weapons and there isn't a nice sweet pipeline in to replace them.

Okay, so lets say I'm going to legally buy guns and sell them to criminals. Why would I drive 200, 300, 500 miles away to do so? I don't have any criminals where I live?

Guns do end up in other states like people end up in other states. But that does not necessarily mean they were trafficked there. They can only trace a gun to it's last owner. Sometimes guns are sold several times afterwards with no paper trail.

A look at Hillary Clinton's claim about Vermont's gun pipeline to New York

Why would you travel up to 500 miles to go sell guns to criminals? Because you can sell them for 3 to 5 times what you paid for them in the states where they are easy to get. VICE Channel had a documentary series about various illegal activities, and one was called "The Iron Pipeline", and one of the gun runners said that what he paid 300 for in Texas, he could sell for up to 1500 in Chicago. That is only ONE gun, and you've already made almost a grand on it. Imagine if you do that 5 to 10 times (small enough amount to fit comfortably in the trunk of your car), and you do that once a month. That means you make 60 to 120 grand a year, for just a couple of days work per month.

Why wouldn't you sell them to criminals in your area? They know they can get guns cheap elsewhere if you charge them Chicago prices.
:bsflag:

Your BS Flag only goes to show that you are a..... I almost called you an idiot. Glad I didn't. The last time I did, I got all kinds of flack from the Fraternal Brotherhood of Idiots. And they were quite offended. Even an Idiot is smarter than you are.

:lame2:

Why would you travel up to 500 miles to go sell guns to criminals? Because you can sell them for 3 to 5 times what you paid for them in the states where they are easy to get. VICE Channel had a documentary series about various illegal activities, and one was called "The Iron Pipeline", and one of the gun runners said that what he paid 300 for in Texas, he could sell for up to 1500 in Chicago. That is only ONE gun, and you've already made almost a grand on it. Imagine if you do that 5 to 10 times (small enough amount to fit comfortably in the trunk of your car), and you do that once a month. That means you make 60 to 120 grand a year, for just a couple of days work per month.

Why wouldn't you sell them to criminals in your area? They know they can get guns cheap elsewhere if you charge them Chicago prices.

That makes absolutely no sense. If you can get five times the price for a gun in Chicago, why not get five times the price where you live or the nearest city? Why would illegal guns be cheaper where you live than in Chicago or New York? They're illegal.

Really? It's called availability. For instance, you can buy lobsters on the coast of Maine a hell of a lot cheaper than you can here in Amarillo TX. Why are they more expensive in Amarillo? Because they have to be shipped in, as they don't live in fresh water.

Why are guns more expensive in Chicago on the black market? Again........it's called availability. Because guns are so hard to come by in Chicago, the price naturally goes up. It's called supply and demand, something I thought you conservatives were well versed in. If it is easy to get a gun here in TX (and it is), they are cheap, because they are easy to get. In Chicago, it is much harder, so those people go to a state where it's easy to buy, then ship them back to a place where the gun laws are much more strict.

The money people pay to get an illegal gun is because it's illegal--not because of availability. You mean to tell me law abiding citizens in Chicago have no place to buy a firearm? You can buy guns off the internet if that's the case.

But that begs the question: Somebody buys guns legally in Texas. They have to submit to a background check. Now the government has the identity of that firearm. They run out of state and sell that firearm to a criminal. The criminal kills somebody with that firearm, and it's traced back to the original seller. What does he tell the cops?

You can only trace the gun back to the original buyer if it came from a Gun Shop. If it's been passed along privately and no background checks are involved or it's an out of state background check where the gun is sold privately then you have no way to track it any further. This makes my head shake. This has got to be the dumbest way to do any kind of business in the world. Even a Car won't be handled this bad.

I understand that, but in the event of a murder, don't you think authorities would question that owner and ask what he did with the gun?

Sure. But if it's been resold 4 times since then privately then it doesn't do much good to try and track it back.

That makes absolutely no sense. If you can get five times the price for a gun in Chicago, why not get five times the price where you live or the nearest city? Why would illegal guns be cheaper where you live than in Chicago or New York? They're illegal.

Really? It's called availability. For instance, you can buy lobsters on the coast of Maine a hell of a lot cheaper than you can here in Amarillo TX. Why are they more expensive in Amarillo? Because they have to be shipped in, as they don't live in fresh water.

Why are guns more expensive in Chicago on the black market? Again........it's called availability. Because guns are so hard to come by in Chicago, the price naturally goes up. It's called supply and demand, something I thought you conservatives were well versed in. If it is easy to get a gun here in TX (and it is), they are cheap, because they are easy to get. In Chicago, it is much harder, so those people go to a state where it's easy to buy, then ship them back to a place where the gun laws are much more strict.

The money people pay to get an illegal gun is because it's illegal--not because of availability. You mean to tell me law abiding citizens in Chicago have no place to buy a firearm? You can buy guns off the internet if that's the case.

But that begs the question: Somebody buys guns legally in Texas. They have to submit to a background check. Now the government has the identity of that firearm. They run out of state and sell that firearm to a criminal. The criminal kills somebody with that firearm, and it's traced back to the original seller. What does he tell the cops?

You can only trace the gun back to the original buyer if it came from a Gun Shop. If it's been passed along privately and no background checks are involved or it's an out of state background check where the gun is sold privately then you have no way to track it any further. This makes my head shake. This has got to be the dumbest way to do any kind of business in the world. Even a Car won't be handled this bad.

I understand that, but in the event of a murder, don't you think authorities would question that owner and ask what he did with the gun?

Sure. But if it's been resold 4 times since then privately then it doesn't do much good to try and track it back.

So what you're saying is that if investigators ask the original buyer what he did with the gun, they won't go any further in trying to find the trace back to the murderer if he or she can't tell them?

Okay, let's go with that. So this starts happening repeatedly with this person, and authorities are not going to get suspicious that this person is a straw buyer illegally selling guns to criminals?

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. I watch those detective shows now and then and don't recall investigators just giving up that easily. A person that has a history of buying guns legally and selling them to criminals would likely be investigated and even charged themselves.

How do you arrive at the idea that those three amendments allow gun regulation. As for your gun knowledge if is marginal at best. The AK is a much more efficient and reliable weapon than the M16 in all versions, and a pump shotgun is the best of all weapons for close quarters maximum effect warfare. The M16 is designed as a combat weapon. You and every idiot pile of shit gun grabber do not know what that means. Combat weapons are not designed for direct killing, They are designed for battlefield superiority. The idea being that in slow fire targeted shooting they can be used for lethal shots, but in large scale full bore action they can be used to cause debilitating injury to stop an enemy from being a viable opponent. By leaving that enemy alive and creating a problem for the enemy squad because the time and personnel required to care for each wounded puts three times the stress on the manpower as a death you can overcome them with much less effort and resources

Gee, I already gave the reasoning of the 223 round for combat. Aren't you the bright one.

The AK is better when you are firing full auto with it. It's a fantastic spray and pray weapon. But it's generally short ranged and sloppy. It's tolerances are loose to say the least. This is why it can fire in almost any situation while the AR/M-16 has to be fairly clean. But the range that the AK is effective is rather short and it has a penetration problem since the bullet is so large and the powder is so weak. I would rather have an AR, M-16 or a M-4 in combat since those 3 (actually based on the same weapon) are much more versatile.

AS for not knowing the M-16, I already published the AR-15 Model 601 that begat the AR-15 Model 602, 603, and 604 or commonly known as the M-16 and the AR-15 model AR6720 which is the AR-15 sharing most parts with the M-4. . You seem to be loaded with more insults than facts, cupcake.

So what you're saying is that if investigators ask the original buyer what he did with the gun, they won't go any further in trying to find the trace back to the murderer if he or she can't tell them?

Okay, let's go with that. So this starts happening repeatedly with this person, and authorities are not going to get suspicious that this person is a straw buyer illegally selling guns to criminals?

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy that. I watch those detective shows now and then and don't recall investigators just giving up that easily. A person that has a history of buying guns legally and selling them to criminals would likely be investigated and even charged themselves.

AT some point, one of the chain will claim it was stolen or lost. End of chain of evidence.

AT some point, one of the chain will claim it was stolen or lost. End of chain of evidence.

Perhaps in one case. But authorities would not so easily dismiss several cases from one person. That would be a criminal pattern and likely lead to arrests.

The Russians don't have any money to fund the NRA, they gave all of it to the clinton foundation to buy hilary, the one they knew was going to win in 2016......and then she didn't...... she is lucky she has Secret Service protection, Putin likes to poison people who fail him...

Ever hear of a Gentleman of Torshin? Or how about the gal they are probably going to convict who wined and dine NRA Big Whigs. The NRA claims they only received about 2500 from Russian connected sources. But they won't open their books up to show what was really donated. The NRA does not have to open those books being a legal 502(c)(3) charity. The NRA deals in a lot of Dark Money. But the NRA did invest 30 mil on the Trump Campaign though. Your handler is lying to you and you are parroting his every whim.

Perhaps in one case. But authorities would not so easily dismiss several cases from one person. That would be a criminal pattern and likely lead to arrests.

The problem is, going over state lines, the Authorities may not be able to track it over the state line if it changed states after it was sold privately a couple of times. The only records would be in the Gun Shop files. But which gun shop has those files. You can't use the scattergun method searching for it.

The problem is, going over state lines, the Authorities may not be able to track it over the state line if it changed states after it was sold privately a couple of times. The only records would be in the Gun Shop files. But which gun shop has those files. You can't use the scattergun method searching for it.

Correct, but they can go to the original owner and ask what he did with the gun in question. And if this person has a history of selling guns to criminals, I think he's going to face an investigation and charges.

Firearm sales should not be tracked/documented... It’s none of the federal government’s business

How do you arrive at the idea that those three amendments allow gun regulation. As for your gun knowledge if is marginal at best. The AK is a much more efficient and reliable weapon than the M16 in all versions, and a pump shotgun is the best of all weapons for close quarters maximum effect warfare. The M16 is designed as a combat weapon. You and every idiot pile of shit gun grabber do not know what that means. Combat weapons are not designed for direct killing, They are designed for battlefield superiority. The idea being that in slow fire targeted shooting they can be used for lethal shots, but in large scale full bore action they can be used to cause debilitating injury to stop an enemy from being a viable opponent. By leaving that enemy alive and creating a problem for the enemy squad because the time and personnel required to care for each wounded puts three times the stress on the manpower as a death you can overcome them with much less effort and resources

Gee, I already gave the reasoning of the 223 round for combat. Aren't you the bright one.

The AK is better when you are firing full auto with it. It's a fantastic spray and pray weapon. But it's generally short ranged and sloppy. It's tolerances are loose to say the least. This is why it can fire in almost any situation while the AR/M-16 has to be fairly clean. But the range that the AK is effective is rather short and it has a penetration problem since the bullet is so large and the powder is so weak. I would rather have an AR, M-16 or a M-4 in combat since those 3 (actually based on the same weapon) are much more versatile.

AS for not knowing the M-16, I already published the AR-15 Model 601 that begat the AR-15 Model 602, 603, and 604 or commonly known as the M-16 and the AR-15 model AR6720 which is the AR-15 sharing most parts with the M-4. . You seem to be loaded with more insults than facts, cupcake.

Well the facts still stand bud, first if I were in a firefight with a M16 and had an AK47 the16er would be dead. I don’t know where you got the AK you shot but I can start at one side of a tree and cut it down with mine, I could drop it in a pile of mud and sand drain the bore and start shooting try that with your 16 or 15. The history does not mean anything. Reading google doesn’t either. I had my own m16 and If it’s all you got it’s almost ok. The 5.56 is not a good round for warfare in brush the 7.62x39 will shoot through brush much better. The M14 was a good but heavy weapon the M60 was thebaddog 45 okay better than the new shit. Built and stripped a lot of all of them in the armor cage. .50s of all kinds .30 s of all kinds belt fed mag fed you name it. Buffer mods barrel nicks belt crossover chips. Used them all qualified with all and artillery 155s 105s 88s 90s mortar, demo, cbr and in and out. BS does not faze me. The large number of problems with 5.56 based weapons caused many people to pick up an AK and ammo to stay alive. Sorry just the truth.

Correct, but they can go to the original owner and ask what he did with the gun in question. And if this person has a history of selling guns to criminals, I think he's going to face an investigation and charges.

Yes, you can do that but the original owner sold it years ago and it's changed hands a few times. At some point, it only takes one person to sell it to another and forget the persons name. At that point, the link is lost. And the real criminal that bought it legally and transported it to a major city only becomes a criminal on the sale to a person that should not be armed. After so many transactions, what are you going to charge the original owner with since he so the gun through a legal sale. Now, even you have to admit that even a car can be tracked for at least a few years to each and every owner.

Well the facts still stand bud, first if I were in a firefight with a M16 and had an AK47 the16er would be dead. I don’t know where you got the AK you shot but I can start at one side of a tree and cut it down with mine, I could drop it in a pile of mud and sand drain the bore and start shooting try that with your 16 or 15. The history does not mean anything. Reading google doesn’t either. I had my own m16 and If it’s all you got it’s almost ok. The 5.56 is not a good round for warfare in brush the 7.62x39 will shoot through brush much better. The M14 was a good but heavy weapon the M60 was thebaddog 45 okay better than the new shit. Built and stripped a lot of all of them in the armor cage. .50s of all kinds .30 s of all kinds belt fed mag fed you name it. Buffer mods barrel nicks belt crossover chips. Used them all qualified with all and artillery 155s 105s 88s 90s mortar, demo, cbr and in and out. BS does not faze me. The large number of problems with 5.56 based weapons caused many people to pick up an AK and ammo to stay alive. Sorry just the truth.
Lol
I guess it all depends on the person doing the shooting, the range, the ammunition, among many other things...
True, aks get the job done... Aks are truly a very basic weapon of war and that’s it, they can’t be used for anything else...

Yes, you can do that but the original owner sold it years ago and it's changed hands a few times. At some point, it only takes one person to sell it to another and forget the persons name. At that point, the link is lost. And the real criminal that bought it legally and transported it to a major city only becomes a criminal on the sale to a person that should not be armed. After so many transactions, what are you going to charge the original owner with since he so the gun through a legal sale. Now, even you have to admit that even a car can be tracked for at least a few years to each and every owner.
There’s no need to track ownership of firearms…

BS ALERT!!
Wow, you liked the AK over the 16 and automatically determine that the 16 shooter will be killed by the AK shooter? Man for Man, our troops with the 16 is more effective in battle than any other single troop. Hate to tell you this, but not one single Combat Troop is going to buy your drivel. You just got too creative. And don't write a book (someone else will have to do the writing for you) because it's just not going to be believable to any credible combat troop.

That's the original owner. But if that gun has been sold and resold a few times and at any point the new seller forgot who he sold it to then the chain is broken.

Lol
I guess it all depends on the person doing the shooting, the range, the ammunition, among many other things...
True, aks get the job done... Aks are truly a very basic weapon of war and that’s it, they can’t be used for anything else...

Wait just a minute. The AK round is used in more than a few Russian Hunting Rifles. Just because you wouldn't use it to hunt with doesn't mean it can't be used. The AK can bring down a whitetail at 100 yds just fine. IT can also bring down an Antelope as 100 yds. In a brush area, it's equal to the 30.30 in power and makes even a better brush rifle. Now, if the AK only can only really function in WAR then that must apply to the AR as well. But the rest of us not spinning your yarns know that the AK can and is used throughout the world to put meat on the table. If it's all you have, that's what you use even if there is better choices but you can't afford those better choices.

Except there are no facts supporting that case. All the really know is guns get there but not necessarily by any nefarious intent.

I already showed where they came from. You just won't accept fact when it's dumped on your lap because it conflicts with your MORE GUNS routine. Well, Chitown is getting more guns from areas that have almost zero regulation. The listed Colorado as well but not since the new laws have passed. You want to keep bitching about the gun crime in Chicago but won't do a thing on an individual state level to stop it. All you have to do is require ALL guns sales to have to have Background checks in all 50 states. Then start picking up the gun buyers that transport and sell to the criminals in the larger cities. The Gun Crime will slowly go down as the Metro Cops confiscates the criminals weapons and there isn't a nice sweet pipeline in to replace them.

Okay, so lets say I'm going to legally buy guns and sell them to criminals. Why would I drive 200, 300, 500 miles away to do so? I don't have any criminals where I live?

Guns do end up in other states like people end up in other states. But that does not necessarily mean they were trafficked there. They can only trace a gun to it's last owner. Sometimes guns are sold several times afterwards with no paper trail.

A look at Hillary Clinton's claim about Vermont's gun pipeline to New York

:bsflag:

Your BS Flag only goes to show that you are a..... I almost called you an idiot. Glad I didn't. The last time I did, I got all kinds of flack from the Fraternal Brotherhood of Idiots. And they were quite offended. Even an Idiot is smarter than you are.

:lame2:
and much smarter than you!!

Forum List

Back