What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

The bigger question is why in the hell do gun huggers NOT want back ground checks on all gun transfers?

exactly what I said. If you buy from a dealer you get checked, buy from an individual and you don't. The location of the transaction doesn't matter, whether its in the parking lot at a gun show, or on a back street in south Chicago, and the vast majority of those shootings are done with handguns, not "assault" rifles, whatever that is.

Regardless of where that (now) legal transaction takes place...no background check is performed. Five million guns legally change hands yearly that way

and how do you propose to stop that?

Banning the sale of assault weapons would. A large number of thoise occurred with recently purchased ARs

No, it wouldn't...... the guy in Crimea murdered 20 people with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun....the Virginia Tech shooter killed 32 with 2 pistols....those are more than the Parkland shooting.......what do you not understand that it isn't the weapon or the capacity that allows a lot of people to be murdered in a mass shooting. I have shown you the research, and you still don't want to admit you are wrong and that all you want is to ban guns...guns that have no effect on mass shootings.
Crimea was obviously not in this country. In fact that event occurred across the street from a police station and the response was incredibly slow

But as far as the VT shooting..you make a good case for banning all semi-auto magazine fed weapons

The Sandy Hook Shooter could have murdered those helpless 5 year olds with revolvers.....he chose those children 1) because their school was a gun free zone, while the other two schools he went to had armed resource officers 2) they were the smallest, most helpless children in that building.....he could have used revolvers or a 5 shot, pump action shotgun to kill them, like the guy in Crimea did....

And again, the guy in Crimea attacked a gun free zone...it doesn't matter that it was the Crimea, he murdered college aged adults with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun.....

And keep in mind, the Parkland police did not enter the building...so it doesn't matter that the Crimea police were across the street or the Parkland police refused to enter the building......dittos the police and the Pulse Nightclub shooting....the reason there were so many deaths is the target location in all of them were gun free zones.

banning future sales accomplishes nothing. Our problem is not guns, our problem is our sick culture that promotes this kind of violence and makes celebrities out of mass shooters.

That's a bullshit NRA excuse for doing.......nothing

The bigger question is why in the hell do gun huggers NOT want back ground checks on all gun transfers?

because its impossible. Lets say I give one of my shotguns to a nephew for his birthday, how do you propose that the government be informed of that transaction and how do you think the govt can do a background check on my nephew before I give him the shotgun?

Because, as we show you.....criminals do not get background checks, and mass shooters can pass them...the only reason you want universal background checks is so that after criminals keep getting guns and mass shootings still happen....after you get universal background checks........ you will come back and demand universal gun registration..which you need to ban and confiscate guns when you get the political power to do it.....

Again...the real question is why you are fixated on background checks that do nothing....you could achieve the same result spreading pixie dust on a Pine Tree at midnight on a full moon......the same result would happen.....

banning future sales accomplishes nothing. Our problem is not guns, our problem is our sick culture that promotes this kind of violence and makes celebrities out of mass shooters.

That's a bullshit NRA excuse for doing.......nothing

No..... the way to stop mass public shootings is to allow normal, good people to carry their guns into gun free zones...which keeps killers from attacking those places...we know this because the killers tell us this...... you don't care because this isn't about stopping mass shootings for you...this is just an excuse to ban guns...

because its impossible. Lets say I give one of my shotguns to a nephew for his birthday, how do you propose that the government be informed of that transaction and how do you think the govt can do a background check on my nephew before I give him the shotgun?

Yep....right there is what they are aiming for........ the only way? Registration...which felons don't have to do, and mass shooters will do because it won't stop them....

No..... the way to stop mass public shootings is to allow normal, good people to carry their guns into gun free zones.

As noted...the gun hugger "solution" to gun violence is.....more guns

Oh and we just HAD a "good guy with a gun" get killed by cops in the Alabama Mall shooting

The last step is nation wide universal background checks.
We already have this.

Are you saying that I can't buy a gun in Texas without going through a background check at a guns show?

yes, and every other state as well. but if the transaction is in the parking lot, or behind a crack house, there will never be a background check, Its impossible. Criminals do not comply with laws, that's why they are called criminals.

Now, if I give one of my guns to one of my kids or grandkids, there will be no background check.

Deal with reality, fool
Gun Show Background Checks State Laws

Private sales at gun shows in Texas NOT subject to back ground checks

Yes.....we know....you can sell your personal property to anyone you want...... it doesn't matter if it is at a gun show, at the Denny's or at your garage sale...you can sell your private gun without a background check....this is not how criminals get their illegal guns......

How ignorant are you?

That process happens NOW at many gun shows where responsible private gun dealers use licensed gun dealers to do their back ground checks.

Friggin nutter

No..... the way to stop mass public shootings is to allow normal, good people to carry their guns into gun free zones.

As noted...the gun hugger "solution" to gun violence is.....more guns

Oh and we just HAD a "good guy with a gun" get killed by cops in the Alabama Mall shooting

Yeah.....one ....by the cops.....and actual research shows that armed citizens at mass public shootings have 94% success rate at stopping the shooter and saving lives.....you don't want to talk about that...

And yes....having a gun in the face of a violent attack is a solution to the violent attack...as 25 years of actual experience shows us ....

actual experiences shows that as more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%..... how do you explain that?

Our gun murder rate went down 49%....how do you explain that?

So yes.....when a law abiding person has a gun and is attacked, they can save themselves and others.....that is a solution....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

If you have a gun at a shooting incident and the cops show up...you have a good chance of being dead real soon

If you have a gun at a shooting incident and the cops show up...you have a good chance of being dead real soon

Yeah, not so much.....hasn't happened on 33 mass public shootings........

it didn't happen in Pearl Mississippi.

It didn't happen at the Giffords shooting where there were 2 armed citizens.

It didn't happen at the Texas Church shooting and the good guy, NRA instructor had an AR-15 when the police arrived.

You don't know what you are talking about.....

94% effective rate for armed citizens in mass public shootings........

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.

How ignorant are you?

That process happens NOW at many gun shows where responsible private gun dealers use licensed gun dealers to do their back ground checks.

Friggin nutter

Have you ever bought a gun from a legal dealer? your post says that you haven't, because you don't even understand the process you are begging for. When you buy a gun from a dealer you fill out a long form giving all kinds of details about yourself, then the dealer calls the info in to the government, If the positive report comes back you can buy the gun. But that involves a dealer and a paying customer. A private gun transaction like the one I described will never be run like a sale by a dealer, it simply can't, there is no way to force all private transferors and transferees to call in the transaction, especially when both of them are criminals already. and yes, you can use a dealer to call in a private transaction, but that happens so rarely it is insignificant.

Your ignorance is embarrassing you. maybe you need to find a topic you know something about.

Ah, since I got the Gun Regulations I wanted, that makes me stupid. And each state is slowly going to those same gun laws makes everyone else just as stupid. So the only one that is smart is you, right? Well, Rexall Ranger, you keep freeloading off of others paying the price for YOUR freedoms.
No they are not. Just because Colorado overreacted does not mean everyone will.

After an increase in gun violence including 3 Mass Shootings, we had to do something. And that included breaking the Cult that you so apply support each day. But we had to do it with the least influence on the normal person's rights. And the last time I checked, NOT getting Murdered is way up there on the personal rights list and the pursuit of happiness.

1. Do you have some statistics or anything remotely scientific to back this up, other than your one anecdote?
2. Do you believe that you are more likely to end up dead at a shooting incident if you DON'T have a gun BEFORE the cops show up?

Part of Texas CHL training is to properly deal with police (and not get shot). If you draw your weapon, holster it when the cops arrive and immediately get your ID and CHL. Keep your hands where the cop can see them and let them take your weapon from you in a frisk-type fashion. Always act in a way that demonstrates your desire to keep the cop safe.

When cops show up and you are still holding your firearm and further refuse to drop it, don't be surprised if you get dropped.

This is not rocket science, but even dumbasses have the right.

The last step is nation wide universal background checks.
We already have this.

Are you saying that I can't buy a gun in Texas without going through a background check at a guns show?

yes, and every other state as well. but if the transaction is in the parking lot, or behind a crack house, there will never be a background check, Its impossible. Criminals do not comply with laws, that's why they are called criminals.

Now, if I give one of my guns to one of my kids or grandkids, there will be no background check.

Deal with reality, fool

The same things were said in 1934 when they were trying to figure out a way to deal with the Thompson SMG. You honestly believe your arguments are original? It took about 10 years to finally get the Thompson off the streets by grandfathering the law in. And yes, a few went to jail or were heavily fined that operated like you would have. But it only took a few before the others got the hint and either got their FFL Licenses, turned their Thompsons in, kept their Thompsons, or filled the barrels up and messed up the actions to make it unserviceable as per the law. The ones that did not comply with the law were treated as criminals.

A Law abiding Citizen abides by the law. A Criminal breaks the law. If you decide to break the law and transfer your weapons to your children without background checks and it's against the law, just how does that not be considered breaking the law? Yes, cupcake, you just became a non law abiding citizen and you have made your children the same. Unless they decide to abide by the law and do the background checks themselves which they can. But, either way, you are a Criminal by all definitions. And you are right, Criminals like you don't follow the law.

Ah, since I got the Gun Regulations I wanted, that makes me stupid. And each state is slowly going to those same gun laws makes everyone else just as stupid. So the only one that is smart is you, right? Well, Rexall Ranger, you keep freeloading off of others paying the price for YOUR freedoms.
No they are not. Just because Colorado overreacted does not mean everyone will.

After an increase in gun violence including 3 Mass Shootings, we had to do something. And that included breaking the Cult that you so apply support each day. But we had to do it with the least influence on the normal person's rights. And the last time I checked, NOT getting Murdered is way up there on the personal rights list and the pursuit of happiness.
What do you mean by "cult" that Colorado allegedly "broke" with new infringements?

And not getting murdered is the very reason we don't want gun-free zones.

Forum List

Back