What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Mass shootings sell guns. Republicans do not want to stop mass shootings, they want gun lobby money.

I personally take GREAT offense at your statement and I am not a Republican!!!
Do you now? Well have you ever thought about how we are the only stable country that suffers from regular mass shootings? Yeah we know exactly how to stop them, our politicians chose to do nothing. Too much lobbying.

Mass shootings sell guns. Republicans do not want to stop mass shootings, they want gun lobby money.

Have you bothered to notice that we keep having worse and worse mass shootings? Did you bother to notice that the guns used for our worst shootings are the same guns and magazines Bill Clinton heavily regulated? Republicans of course unregulated them and now they are the very weapons used in our worst mass shootings. You should be offended by our politicians well arming killers. We know how to fix this....

Have you bothered to notice that we keep having worse and worse mass shootings? Did you bother to notice that the guns used for our worst shootings are the same guns and magazines Bill Clinton heavily regulated? Republicans of course unregulated them and now they are the very weapons used in our worst mass shootings. You should be offended by our politicians well arming killers. We know how to fix this....

So do you care that there are solutions and that every time people like me try to offer them the Democrats vote them down as they care more about having them as political issues than solving the problem? I am a registered Independent. I used to be a conservative Democrat but I was forced out of the party as was my whole family by the radical progressives that took over the Democratic party.

So do you care that there are solutions and that every time people like me try to offer them the Democrats vote them down as they care more about having them as political issues than solving the problem? I am a registered Independent. I used to be a conservative Democrat but I was forced out of the party as was my whole family by the radical progressives that took over the Democratic party.
I'm an independent. The solutions are always shot down unless they sell more guns. And those obviously don't work.

I'm an independent. The solutions are always shot down unless they sell more guns. And those obviously don't work.

There are other solutions but then no one is listening!

There are other solutions but then no one is listening!
Sure there are.

The last step is nation wide universal background checks.
We already have this.

yes we do, and background checks will never happen when one gangbanger trades a gun to another gangbanger for a bag of crack. That is what the libs refuse to understand. Criminals do not obey laws, that's why they are called criminals.
Yep, and as long the libs refuse to blame the thugs/criminals/gangbangers etc, and continue to go after the guns in which are only bad in the hands of such criminals then we won't never solve the issue... No they (the libs), want only to go after the non-criminals rights in this country, and so we won't ever solve the issue, and therefore the killing by these lib protected criminals will continue.

We used to be on the list that exported guns to Chitown and other Dangerous Metro Areas. We used to have crazies with guns running around. We used to have Cults that worshipped the ARs. We used to have nutcases running around wearing their handguns on their hips.

Today, we watch out for nutcases buying guns. We still will sell you an AR but the Cult of it is gone so most AR just sit on the shelves in gun shops and collect dust. Since all sales require background checks, the gun buyers for the bad actors in the Metro Areas have gone to other states. This was all done by not affecting the immediate sale of firearms. No waiting period and you can even buy an AR right on the spot. There were other things done in tandem as well that had very little to do with gun regulation like education of the communities and community cooperation. Overall, the violent gun crime has gone down dramatically. But it's on the rise in the Rural Red Areas where the education of the people have had less affect because of people like you. People like you cost people their lives.
Yeah, none of that shit makes any goddamn sense. Most of it is unsupported bullshit.

:dunno:

We already have this.

yes we do, and background checks will never happen when one gangbanger trades a gun to another gangbanger for a bag of crack. That is what the libs refuse to understand. Criminals do not obey laws, that's why they are called criminals.
Yep, and as long the libs refuse to blame the thugs/criminals/gangbangers etc, and continue to go after the guns in which are only bad in the hands of such criminals then we won't never solve the issue... No they (the libs), want only to go after the non-criminals rights in this country, and so we won't ever solve the issue, and therefore the killing by these lib protected criminals will continue.

And as long as your bunch keeps making the weapons so readily and easily available to them they will continue to use them. The Gun Runner and Supplier is as guilty as the criminal that shoots the gun. And you support the supplying of the arms to criminals. So stand up and take a bow.

We used to be on the list that exported guns to Chitown and other Dangerous Metro Areas. We used to have crazies with guns running around. We used to have Cults that worshipped the ARs. We used to have nutcases running around wearing their handguns on their hips.

Today, we watch out for nutcases buying guns. We still will sell you an AR but the Cult of it is gone so most AR just sit on the shelves in gun shops and collect dust. Since all sales require background checks, the gun buyers for the bad actors in the Metro Areas have gone to other states. This was all done by not affecting the immediate sale of firearms. No waiting period and you can even buy an AR right on the spot. There were other things done in tandem as well that had very little to do with gun regulation like education of the communities and community cooperation. Overall, the violent gun crime has gone down dramatically. But it's on the rise in the Rural Red Areas where the education of the people have had less affect because of people like you. People like you cost people their lives.
Yeah, none of that shit makes any goddamn sense. Most of it is unsupported bullshit.

:dunno:

I already provided links that proved it. Just because the truth gets in the way of your fantasy doesn't mean that it's wrong. Your BS supports the arming of criminals making you as guilty as the criminal that shoots the 7 year old child or the old woman for her SS check. Hope you are satisfied. So take a bow.

We already have this.

And as long as your bunch keeps making the weapons so readily and easily available to them they will continue to use them. The Gun Runner and Supplier is as guilty as the criminal that shoots the gun. And you support the supplying of the arms to criminals. So stand up and take a bow.
You take the bow for supporting the criminals first by attacking the good citizens for the evilness of the bad people. The bad people can be stopped, but liberalism/leftism won't stop it ever, because it has a serious problem with sympathizing with the bad people who are just getting back at those "evil rich priveledged citizens" in life. Now Own it.

We already have this.

You take the bow for supporting the criminals first by attacking the good citizens for the evilness of the bad people. The bad people can be stopped, but liberalism/leftism won't stop it ever, because it has a serious problem with sympathizing with the bad people who are just getting back at those "evil rich priveledged citizens" in life. Now Own it.

You mean it's wrong to take away the supply of guns from the criminals? You mean that your bunch supplying those guns is a good thing? Wow, what a concept. So keep supplying those arms that are used to kill 7 year olds and Grandmothers for their SS checks. Hope you are proud of yourself.

We already have this.

Are you saying that I can't buy a gun in Texas without going through a background check at a guns show?

yes, and every other state as well. but if the transaction is in the parking lot, or behind a crack house, there will never be a background check, Its impossible. Criminals do not comply with laws, that's why they are called criminals.

Now, if I give one of my guns to one of my kids or grandkids, there will be no background check.

Deal with reality, fool

The same things were said in 1934 when they were trying to figure out a way to deal with the Thompson SMG. You honestly believe your arguments are original? It took about 10 years to finally get the Thompson off the streets by grandfathering the law in. And yes, a few went to jail or were heavily fined that operated like you would have. But it only took a few before the others got the hint and either got their FFL Licenses, turned their Thompsons in, kept their Thompsons, or filled the barrels up and messed up the actions to make it unserviceable as per the law. The ones that did not comply with the law were treated as criminals.

A Law abiding Citizen abides by the law. A Criminal breaks the law. If you decide to break the law and transfer your weapons to your children without background checks and it's against the law, just how does that not be considered breaking the law? Yes, cupcake, you just became a non law abiding citizen and you have made your children the same. Unless they decide to abide by the law and do the background checks themselves which they can. But, either way, you are a Criminal by all definitions. And you are right, Criminals like you don't follow the law.

make it the law, but there is no way to ever enforce it. you live in liberal fantasy land. Unless you plan to use the tactics of Hitler and Mao and send jack booted troops in to every house and apartment in the nation. any idea how may troops that would take and how many of them would wind up dead before the people revolted and replaced the government with a coup. Remember, we have the guns, the police, and the military on our side, and most of them would not take part in your gun confiscation. It would be a short bloodless coup.

Simple answer. You honestly believe this is the first time that this has been discussed? It was discussed in 1934 dealing with the Grease Guns and Thompson SMGs. And they found a way. It worked. Were those people so much smarter than we are today? (probably, it seems). So they found a way. So don't tell me that it can't be done. Yes, there were those that said exactly the same things you said. Some went to prison. Some died in a fight but most complied. In the end, the law was followed.

You Gun Crazies seem to think that we are coming for all your guns. Nope, just the ones that are the most dangerous in the hands of the most dangerous. Or we may be after those parts that make a gun the most dangerous in the hands of the most dangerous. Believe it or not, Cops do not like being outgunned. And if they can have anything that will enable them to be the top dogs then they are going to be for it. Take it from me, you DON'T have the Military or the Police on your side when the law is trying to make the streets a little safer with minor gun regulations. It is also trying to make a Police's Life a lot safer as well. Just read up on the 1934 Federal Firearms Law and see how that was done. It can and has been done so stop kidding yourself and follow the friggin law or be branded the exact same thing you keep saying you hate the most (other than a liberal) and that is a criminal.

the vast majority of gun crime in this country is done with cheap handguns, not semi automatic large capacity rifles. Banning and/or trying to confiscate "assault" rifles will accomplish nothing.

Last edited:
once again, this entire thread misses the point and ignores the real problem. We have always had guns in this country, but the mass shootings are a relatively recent change.

The problem is not guns, the problem is a culture that promotes violence, political parties and a media that creates hate and demonizes those we disagree with, a welfare system that has removed fathers from the black culture, an entertainment industry that is full of gratuitous murder and denigrates women by calling them hos and bitches, and an environment that has removed God and patriotism from our educational system.

Face it, our culture is sick and mass murder is the symptom, not the cause. Attacking guns will not fix anything. Guns will be replaced by bombs, trucks, poison, and pressure cookers.

Wrong

The cry to ban guns and restrict the rights of people who have committed no crimes sells guns

YOU are the best gun salesman in the country

We have always had guns in this country,

In 1950 gun ownership was 40% per capita. Now it is 120%

There are three times as many guns per capita now than then

as someone said earlier, threaten to take them and people will buy more of them. the violence in this country is not being caused by guns, it is the direct symptom of a sick hateful culture that has been created mostly by leftists.

Its the same tactic used successfully by Mao, Hitler, Marx, and Idi Amin, divide the people , make them hate each other, then turn them all into slaves.

Wake the fuck up before its too late.

Forum List

Back