What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

90 pages so far and nothing of value or merit from the right – no surprise there; just the usual lies, spin, misinformation, failed attempts to deflect, and confirmation bias fallacies.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

Get firearms training, a CCW permit, a gun you're comfortable with, and learn and maintain situational awareness.

The Gov't isn't going to save you and can't!
Lol Australia has strict gun control measures and they haven’t had a mass shooting in decades. Doesn’t it ever make you wonder why other first world nations don’t have the gun violence we have? Hmmmm

Australia and Japan doesn’t have the problem of a neighboring country like we have, Mexico, spilling its drug violence into ours. Yet, I’m willing to bet you are a supporter of open borders with Mexico. So how does your argument fair now?

I was going to ask about your name, Shakles, but I see from your posts that speling is not youre long sute, and it's almost certainly another spelling error.

It’s called using abbreviations (hint - gov) and condensing to compensate for limited space allowed in a username, but your willingness to choose to go off topic over finding a response that serves the topic at hand is duly noted.

90 pages so far and nothing of value or merit from the right – no surprise there; just the usual lies, spin, misinformation, failed attempts to deflect, and confirmation bias fallacies.
90 pages of us telling you to fuck off. The solution is no gun-free zones, but you won't get the fucking wax out of your commie ears.

You are not doing any more "gun control"
so shove it up your pussy.

you have a 1 in 11000 chance of being killed in a mass shooting and a 1 in 3000 chance of being struck be lightning

you are worrying about the wrong things

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of people who have been affected by these mass shootings...and yes...there are that many now

I really don't care.

People die every day.
------------------------------------------------- thats the thing as every day for all of history people have been living and dying but the lefty dems hone in on guns and try to disarms Americans . Dems just want disarmed Americans because they have EVIL plans after disarming Americans . off topic but concerning unexpected death
How many people just died in the Paradise fire [RiP] and that was just totally unexpected and a good example of people just up dying everyday .

And your Orange Leader spent a good part of a morning laying blame for it instead of looking that real problems that were partial.......

High Winds
Hot Temps
Dry tinder condition
Funds to the BLM and Forest Service cut

What you have is a dry tinder forest that has not had the underbrush removed like it should have complicated by old Mother nature itself and the severe changing of the weather patterns we have had in the last few years. And building homes too close to the fire corridors.

But if we believe your Orange Guru, it's the fault of the Forest Service, the Governor of California and the Democrats. You are saying exactly the same thing. You must have gotten the memo.
You're political hackery is noted. Trump is doing exactly what should be done, and that is to identify the problem first, and then begin the solution process after that.

If Demon-crats have been derelict of their duties while in power, then it should be noted, and it should be shown by the knowledge of such things once educated on such things.

Pure Hell is what California looks like in the areas of those fires, and solutions are needed not partisan politics on super steroid's.

Obama once stated "I can't do this alone, we're going to need your help" he said this to the people, and why is it that he said this ??? It's because he had become knowledgeable of the situations in Washington once President, and so he was incorporating the help of the people to make the changes he wanted (even though his ideas of change were purely radical in most cases), yet he pushed on just as Trump is doing.

Now that Trump is doing the same as Obama did, the left is coming unhinged ??? LOL. Good grief.

Yup, and the flag will be at 1/2 mast again before this thread is done

There is no 'solution' that keeps everyone happy

The irony being we keep looking at our leaders for one, who could give a rodents rear end if we live or die

~S~

These mass shootings virtually always involve high- capacity rapid-fire weapons.
There is absolutely no rational reason an ordinary citizen (that is, excluding law-enforcement and military), needs to have such a lethal weapon.
The only reason an ordinary citizen needs a gun is for hunting or target shooting, and the remote possibility that he might need to defend his home at some point.
If you own a gun, you have a responsibility to maintain it, and your competence in handling it. Target shooting is very educational, and hunting is a thrill. Get them both, and you'll have a ball, and, with luck no-one will be killed accidentally in the process.
But, if you need an AR15, you should get a LOT of education, before you go hunting!

We have had semi automatic rifles, and pistols for well over 100 years....never a problem before. They are no more lethal than any other gun.

Parkland shooter used an AR-15 rifle and murdered 18. A shooter 2 weeks ago in Crimea used a 5 shot, pump action shotgun to murder 21 college students..... it isn't the gun, it is the target area, the fact that all the victims are unarmed, and that police response time allows the killer to kill.

An AR-15 is no different from any other semi automatic rifle. The same way an engine is a Toyota is no different than in a Ford.....they work the same way.
The same as we have with unmarked air Marshalls, unmarked patrol cars, plain clothes officers and such, well the same should exist in schools, large events, and amongst our everyday society.

This way the bad guy's loose the edge they have over us, and that is just common sense. Anyone against putting the money where it works is part of the problem, and they should be removed from power.

The solutions are simple, but they are opposed for political purposes that have not the interest of Americans in mind.

Those for whom conduct war within and against their fellow Americans, should be identified and their power taken from them.

These mass shootings virtually always involve high- capacity rapid-fire weapons.
There is absolutely no rational reason an ordinary citizen (that is, excluding law-enforcement and military), needs to have such a lethal weapon.
The only reason an ordinary citizen needs a gun is for hunting or target shooting, and the remote possibility that he might need to defend his home at some point.
If you own a gun, you have a responsibility to maintain it, and your competence in handling it. Target shooting is very educational, and hunting is a thrill. Get them both, and you'll have a ball, and, with luck no-one will be killed accidentally in the process.
But, if you need an AR15, you should get a LOT of education, before you go hunting!

We have had semi automatic rifles, and pistols for well over 100 years....never a problem before. They are no more lethal than any other gun.

Parkland shooter used an AR-15 rifle and murdered 18. A shooter 2 weeks ago in Crimea used a 5 shot, pump action shotgun to murder 21 college students..... it isn't the gun, it is the target area, the fact that all the victims are unarmed, and that police response time allows the killer to kill.

An AR-15 is no different from any other semi automatic rifle. The same way an engine is a Toyota is no different than in a Ford.....they work the same way.

Yes, this is true. The weapon doesn't matter. Maybe the next mass killing will be carried out with a good ol' fashioned red ryder.
A red Ryder full of explosives, and pulled by a terrorist could be just as lethal as anything. You can't count out anything, so your point was moot.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.
If we have background checks and keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill a majority of Trumplicans would not qualify to own a gun.

We’e you in a coma when Republicans were targeted at a baseball field by a Sanders supporter? I love how ignorant anti-gun progressives prove themselves to be.

It sucks but before, it was almost always the Rightees attacking the left. The Left just tired of it and struck back. You people were so proud of your attacks. You were downright arrogant about it. Now, things just ain't going your way so much anymore. You lost the House, you lost 7 state Governors, you lost...... Your gains are gone. I guess I am not the only ones that are tired of your arrogance. You are poor losers but even worse, poor winners. When you decide that others are actually human and act civilized then I will demand that your bunch gets treated better. But until then, you get what you deserve.

you have a 1 in 11000 chance of being killed in a mass shooting and a 1 in 3000 chance of being struck be lightning

you are worrying about the wrong things

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of people who have been affected by these mass shootings...and yes...there are that many now

I really don't care.

People die every day.
------------------------------------------------- thats the thing as every day for all of history people have been living and dying but the lefty dems hone in on guns and try to disarms Americans . Dems just want disarmed Americans because they have EVIL plans after disarming Americans . off topic but concerning unexpected death
How many people just died in the Paradise fire [RiP] and that was just totally unexpected and a good example of people just up dying everyday .
Newsflash...reducing the number of assault weapons...or even magazine fed semi-auto weapons will NOT "disarm Americans".

You do know that the vast majority of hand guns are semiautomatic magazine fed weapons don't you?

Of course you don't

you need to learn what a semiautomatic weapon is maybe then you will realize that it is nothing but a semiautomatic rifle just like any other that has been available to the public for over 100 years

You mean the one that said people on SS who needed help balancing a checkbook were mentally ill?

You should be happy otherwise the government would come take your guns away for being a feeble old man

All of my finances are electronic in all way. I pay by card and 1 minute after I use the card, the transaction is sitting in my bank and the funds have removed. I use only 1 check a month and that is for Rent. All other transactions are either cash or charge. This feeble old man knows how to balance a checkbook but in todays day and age, that becomes less and less important.

Yes, I am on SSI but I am also on Retired Military Pension and do get money from a business I sold around 2005. As you can see, I worked hard for about 40 years and get paid because of those efforts. I paid in money every month for SSI and Medicare. That's MY money. When your Orange Orangatan and his court of fools start monkeying around with it and allows MY money to be taken out of the Trust and put into the General Fund then they are stealing from me and 10s of millions of other people.
There is no SS trust fund you dolt all your SS comes from the general fund

Who told you that. Here is the ssa.gov site that says it's held in a trust fund.
Social Security Trust Fund Cash Flows and Reserves
Social Security benefits are paid from the reserves of the Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) trust fund. The reserves are funded from dedicated tax revenues and interest on accumulated reserve holdings, which are invested in Treasury securities. These cash flows—the tax income, the investment (and redemption) of the securities, the interest on the invested reserves, and the payment of benefits—become critically important when reserves are low relative to benefit payments, as occurred in 1983. In 2015, reserves are large enough that cash flow will not be a problem for the trust fund for almost 20 years. In recent years, attention has focused on the cash flows' effects on the rest of the federal budget. This article examines the cash flows and reserves from the perspective of not just the trust fund itself but also from that of the rest of the budget.

Yes, some politicians are saying what you are saying because they are going to try an dip into that trust fund once more and put it into the general fund. But that is not what was intended for the money. And any politician that does that are stealing from many of us including me. If they do it this time, it may be time to get the ones that vote for it into a Federal Court, hopefully a criminal court.
Of course the Trust Fund exists.

You're talking to a friggin idiot

I sometimes wonder if they are sent a script with a mind altering tin foiled cap that makes them stop looking at reality and just read off the script. And the script is made by a bunch of old white haired fat dudes sitting around trying to figure out how to worship their God which is Money and Power. It sounds like neither of us got that memo. And I really hate scripts because it takes away my ability to think which is the reason I can never be a druggy or anything other than an occasional drinker. I guess if you take enough Orange Koolaid laced with some really strong shit you might get that way. But let's hope more and more people continue to put the decanter down and start thinking.
How ironic the guy who can't remember a detail from a previous post and who constantly confuses people with others is talking about the mental capacities of others

Fuck you. You don't get to tell us what guns we have. Go fuck yourself. Your unreasonable fear is not our problem, you pussy.

You are my enemy and an enemy of freedom.

Wow. Hell hath no fury like a snowflake triggered.

Newsflash...you don't have the freedom to own a machine gun (made after 1984 and heavily restricted prior to that)...so yea..."we" do get to tell you what guns to have
Just out of curiosity, why would anyone need a machine gun? You can't go hunting with it, you'll ruin the meat.

Same with the AR-15. It has ammo that travels at damn near 3 times the speed of sound, and the bullet is designed to tumble and fragment when it hits. That also will ruin the meat if you go hunting with it.

Me? I'm from Montana, and grew up hunting for our meat, and we all had guns. Some were for home defense, but by and large they were used for hunting.

I don't eat rabid skunks, coons or coyotes

Oh, they do. Their solution is to arm everyone, because apparently this will somehow work. Yeah, more guns will mean more people die, which will then destroy humans in the US and when they're all dead, there won't be any gun crime.

you need to learn what a semiautomatic weapon is maybe then you will realize that it is nothing but a semiautomatic rifle just like any other that has been available to the public for over 100 years

He probably knows. The AR15 IS a rapid fire weapon. Even with just semi auto. It came into being as the AR-15 Model 601 and has seen a ton of battles in Combat. There is little difference between the AR-15 Model 760 and the AR-15 Model 601. That means that there is little difference between the modern AR-15 and it's clones and the M-4. It has features to help a scared shitless skinny young kid carry it for long periods of time and put a lot of lead into the enemy. The normal operation of the M-4 is semi auto and that means it's so close to the AR-15 model 760 there isn't enough to argue about. Yet, you do argue.

The first thing that we have to do to stop the mass shootings of today is to get rid of the AR Cult. And you demonstrate why each and every time you post.

You are living in some sort of alternate reality that most don't live in or experience, so you might want to consider that before trying to speak on behalf of millions of American's. Just sayin.

Get out and experience life... Go fishing, hunting, eat some BBQ, and get some friends who might help you to experience life in such ways. So many are trapped in their lives not knowing anything but the things in which they know, and they think that it is the only things they should know, and therefore they try to create in the mind that to be accepted in all sectors of life, then they must configure and control those sectors to their liking or rather destroy them if they don't like them. It is the ultimate mental disorder, but they don't realize it.

What we have done around here is to remove the cult of the AR. Yes, you can still buy one if you want. In fact, the prices have dropped dramatically since they are just gathering dust in the Racks in the Gun Shops. I saw a MP-15 SW that retails for 599 on sale for 399 and it still won't sell. Those that already bought them don't need any more and there aren't any new buyers that want them. 6 years ago, they were flying off the shelves at full retail. The fear that is still tried today of "They are coming for your guns" doesn't work anymore. But the other types of real hunting rifles have gone up so people are still buying firearms. Just not the ARs. The Cult has been broken up which was made to grow due to fears artificially generated and have since been debunked. But there are some areas that the fear continues and the AR is still selling like hotcakes. For 599 I can get a conventional semi auto hunting rifle that is traditional in design and is just down right gorgeous. Something can be said about exotic woods over plastic. While it's perfectly legal to walk down the street with your Favorite AR, it's extremely frowned upon. You will find yourself friendless in a matter of minutes.

As long as the Cult of the AR exists though it will be the weapon of choice of the Mass Murderers. Yes, other weapons can do the job just not as efficient. You can claim that the AR was designed as a varmint rifle but I think we all know it was designed for combat and also can be used for Varmints. Then again, the other semi auto rifles also can be used for combat but they were originally designed as varmint rifles and do varmint hunting better and are more pleasing to the eyes. At a shoot, you will ocassionaly see an AR but no one is giving it much thought except for a very small group. But if someone shows up with a full dress Varmint Weatherby, that will draw quite a crowd. This is why some of the shooters say if you show up to a shootoff with just an AR you will be laughed right out of there. We broke the cult. You don't have to confiscate the ARs, just break the cult and they will slowly disappear into history from whence they came.

To give you an idea, Smith and Wessons MP-15 was their primary production rifle for about 9 years. Last year, they were hurting so bad that they were talking about Chapter 11. It seems the MP-15 market all but dried up. They produced like there was a Cult in every town. Now, the MP-15 is gathering dust on store shelves and SW can't justify producing many more. Yes, one person in here claims to be a Gun Shop Owner and sales have never been better. He claims to make at least one sale of the MP-15 a month. AFter seeing his posts, He may or may not be a Gun Shop Owner but that low of sales won't keep the doors open. In a retail market, if you aren't doing at least 600 bucks a day, shut the store down and find a job. Because 600 bucks a day is only about 200 a day gross profit. AFter expenses, you might have 50 bucks left. And 50 bucks a day means you will probably be on some form of Public Assistance. And I don't get out of bed for 50 bucks a day. That's about 8 bucks an hour gross pay.

I am also seeing Gun Dealer Shops closing their doors around here. We used to have a bunch of them including the Pawn Shops. Even the Pawn Shops are starting to close down. Well, those that have most of their money in Guns. These cropped up right after 1998 when the AR ban was lifted. But, hey, it's been a fun 10 year ride but it's come to an end.

As I said, you don't have to completely ban the AR, just do the common sense firearms regulations and the AR dies a slow death like it has. It's taken about 5 years to get it that way. So when I see a gun crazy go off about how I am coming for his AR and people should buy more, that is the tired old scare tactic that worked so well but it was seen as a con in the last 2 years.
You can do anything you can with an AR 15 with any other semiautomatic .223

The 223/556 was invented for the AR-15 Model 601 and the round was designed not to kill but to wound. I know you know nothing about combat but it takes extra personnel to care and transport a wounded than it does a dead body. The Dead can wait until after the battle concludes. The wounded can't.

But if you get close enough, it can kill or wound with the best of them if you fire enough rounds. That means the round was thought to be well suited for combat but not as a long ranged varmint round. That thought is changing in the Military who are looking at upgrading probably to a 6.8 caliber with composite casings that kill very efficiently and can effectively go out past 400 yds which is the absolute range maximum for a 223 to do any actual damage and not start succumbing to the elements (drift).

So stop with the sales pitch trying to sell those ARs you have that you can only sell one a month. You'll sink your money into better inventory and eat much more steady.

then you should be happy mass shooters like the .223 since it wasn't designed to kill. Just think of the death toll if mass shooters used 6.8 or 7.62 rounds

and a .223 kills rabid skunks, raccoons and coyotes just fine thank you very much

School is in
Think about what you have just said. Let's look at the 6.8. It's about the same length but a bigger diameter in both bullet and cartridge. The cartridge is made up of a very light and strong composite. The weight is less than the 556 or 223 so you don't add weight. It's being designed for WAR just like the 556 was designed for war. It just does it a bit better at a longer range. So you don't give up the amount of ammo you can carry but have a more effective weapon of war.

They replaced the M-14 with the M-16 because the weight of the gun and the weight of the ammo. The M-14 was far superior in a firefight but you ran out of ammo too fast. The 7.62 or 308 is the far superior cartridge but it's heavy in comparison therefore you can't carry as many rounds. Plus, due to the power of the cartridge, the gun has to be larger and heavier. You wouldn't know this because you haven't spent 16 hours force marching from point A to B with 80lbs of other equipment on your back. Every ounce saved.......

Now, about the 223, most school shootings are done close up. The 223 will kill larger game (meaning us) easily at close range. And since you have so many rounds, don't worry about wasting it. Even if the aftermath looks like a battle zone, it's not. You have ammo to burn. Before you run out of ammo you will run out of time and you only have a few minutes to operate until the Cops take you out or you put the muzzle in your mouth. And most shooters are part of the AR Cult. No dues, no memberships just insanity. You are part of that AR Cult. the only difference is, you don't have the guts to go out and do a mass shooting yourself in the name of the Revolution. The only reason that Vegas Shooting had such a high body count at that range was he through hundreds of rounds out very fast. It's like throwing a bunch of rocks at a wall full of balloons. Some will hit and most will miss but if you throw enough, you can burst almost all the balloons. This is the method of the Full Auto M-16 or the AR-15 with a bump stock. This has been abandoned by even the Military. But it's not ineffective when you have a target rich environment like a theater, school or Club. The 223 does exactly what it was originally invented to do at that point.

You are part of a cult. And the way to stop mass shootings is to outlaw the cult. Maybe we should handle it like any other violent cult and just start arresting the cult leaders.

Meaningless as is everything you post.

and you're not going to stop mass shooting by getting rid of one rifle because any semiautomatic rifle will kill just as many people as an AR

and I'll tell you again since you have obviously forgotten the other 20 times I have told you that I do not own an AR 15 because I saw no benefit to buying one because I already have 2 rifles chambered for the .223 round

Fuck you. You don't get to tell us what guns we have. Go fuck yourself. Your unreasonable fear is not our problem, you pussy.

Newsflash...you don't have the freedom to own a machine gun (made after 1984 and heavily restricted prior to that)...so yea..."we" do get to tell you what guns to have
Just out of curiosity, why would anyone need a machine gun? You can't go hunting with it, you'll ruin the meat.

Same with the AR-15. It has ammo that travels at damn near 3 times the speed of sound, and the bullet is designed to tumble and fragment when it hits. That also will ruin the meat if you go hunting with it.

Me? I'm from Montana, and grew up hunting for our meat, and we all had guns. Some were for home defense, but by and large they were used for hunting.

An AR-15 with a bump stock IS a Machine Gun by all definitions. That actually puts it a step above the M-4 which it copies.

He probably knows. The AR15 IS a rapid fire weapon. Even with just semi auto. It came into being as the AR-15 Model 601 and has seen a ton of battles in Combat. There is little difference between the AR-15 Model 760 and the AR-15 Model 601. That means that there is little difference between the modern AR-15 and it's clones and the M-4. It has features to help a scared shitless skinny young kid carry it for long periods of time and put a lot of lead into the enemy. The normal operation of the M-4 is semi auto and that means it's so close to the AR-15 model 760 there isn't enough to argue about. Yet, you do argue.

The first thing that we have to do to stop the mass shootings of today is to get rid of the AR Cult. And you demonstrate why each and every time you post.
one shot per trigger pull is not rapid fire

An AR-15 with a bump stock IS a Machine Gun by all definitions. That actually puts it a step above the M-4 which it copies.

Once again you introduce shit I have never mentioned

Where the fuck did I say one word about bump stocks?

and it's not a machine gun by any definition since the definition of a machine gun is one that fires continuously on 1 trigger pull no semiautomatic can do that BY DEFINITION

What we have done around here is to remove the cult of the AR. Yes, you can still buy one if you want. In fact, the prices have dropped dramatically since they are just gathering dust in the Racks in the Gun Shops. I saw a MP-15 SW that retails for 599 on sale for 399 and it still won't sell. Those that already bought them don't need any more and there aren't any new buyers that want them. 6 years ago, they were flying off the shelves at full retail. The fear that is still tried today of "They are coming for your guns" doesn't work anymore. But the other types of real hunting rifles have gone up so people are still buying firearms. Just not the ARs. The Cult has been broken up which was made to grow due to fears artificially generated and have since been debunked. But there are some areas that the fear continues and the AR is still selling like hotcakes. For 599 I can get a conventional semi auto hunting rifle that is traditional in design and is just down right gorgeous. Something can be said about exotic woods over plastic. While it's perfectly legal to walk down the street with your Favorite AR, it's extremely frowned upon. You will find yourself friendless in a matter of minutes.

As long as the Cult of the AR exists though it will be the weapon of choice of the Mass Murderers. Yes, other weapons can do the job just not as efficient. You can claim that the AR was designed as a varmint rifle but I think we all know it was designed for combat and also can be used for Varmints. Then again, the other semi auto rifles also can be used for combat but they were originally designed as varmint rifles and do varmint hunting better and are more pleasing to the eyes. At a shoot, you will ocassionaly see an AR but no one is giving it much thought except for a very small group. But if someone shows up with a full dress Varmint Weatherby, that will draw quite a crowd. This is why some of the shooters say if you show up to a shootoff with just an AR you will be laughed right out of there. We broke the cult. You don't have to confiscate the ARs, just break the cult and they will slowly disappear into history from whence they came.

To give you an idea, Smith and Wessons MP-15 was their primary production rifle for about 9 years. Last year, they were hurting so bad that they were talking about Chapter 11. It seems the MP-15 market all but dried up. They produced like there was a Cult in every town. Now, the MP-15 is gathering dust on store shelves and SW can't justify producing many more. Yes, one person in here claims to be a Gun Shop Owner and sales have never been better. He claims to make at least one sale of the MP-15 a month. AFter seeing his posts, He may or may not be a Gun Shop Owner but that low of sales won't keep the doors open. In a retail market, if you aren't doing at least 600 bucks a day, shut the store down and find a job. Because 600 bucks a day is only about 200 a day gross profit. AFter expenses, you might have 50 bucks left. And 50 bucks a day means you will probably be on some form of Public Assistance. And I don't get out of bed for 50 bucks a day. That's about 8 bucks an hour gross pay.

I am also seeing Gun Dealer Shops closing their doors around here. We used to have a bunch of them including the Pawn Shops. Even the Pawn Shops are starting to close down. Well, those that have most of their money in Guns. These cropped up right after 1998 when the AR ban was lifted. But, hey, it's been a fun 10 year ride but it's come to an end.

As I said, you don't have to completely ban the AR, just do the common sense firearms regulations and the AR dies a slow death like it has. It's taken about 5 years to get it that way. So when I see a gun crazy go off about how I am coming for his AR and people should buy more, that is the tired old scare tactic that worked so well but it was seen as a con in the last 2 years.
You can do anything you can with an AR 15 with any other semiautomatic .223

The 223/556 was invented for the AR-15 Model 601 and the round was designed not to kill but to wound. I know you know nothing about combat but it takes extra personnel to care and transport a wounded than it does a dead body. The Dead can wait until after the battle concludes. The wounded can't.

But if you get close enough, it can kill or wound with the best of them if you fire enough rounds. That means the round was thought to be well suited for combat but not as a long ranged varmint round. That thought is changing in the Military who are looking at upgrading probably to a 6.8 caliber with composite casings that kill very efficiently and can effectively go out past 400 yds which is the absolute range maximum for a 223 to do any actual damage and not start succumbing to the elements (drift).

So stop with the sales pitch trying to sell those ARs you have that you can only sell one a month. You'll sink your money into better inventory and eat much more steady.

then you should be happy mass shooters like the .223 since it wasn't designed to kill. Just think of the death toll if mass shooters used 6.8 or 7.62 rounds

and a .223 kills rabid skunks, raccoons and coyotes just fine thank you very much

School is in
Think about what you have just said. Let's look at the 6.8. It's about the same length but a bigger diameter in both bullet and cartridge. The cartridge is made up of a very light and strong composite. The weight is less than the 556 or 223 so you don't add weight. It's being designed for WAR just like the 556 was designed for war. It just does it a bit better at a longer range. So you don't give up the amount of ammo you can carry but have a more effective weapon of war.

They replaced the M-14 with the M-16 because the weight of the gun and the weight of the ammo. The M-14 was far superior in a firefight but you ran out of ammo too fast. The 7.62 or 308 is the far superior cartridge but it's heavy in comparison therefore you can't carry as many rounds. Plus, due to the power of the cartridge, the gun has to be larger and heavier. You wouldn't know this because you haven't spent 16 hours force marching from point A to B with 80lbs of other equipment on your back. Every ounce saved.......

Now, about the 223, most school shootings are done close up. The 223 will kill larger game (meaning us) easily at close range. And since you have so many rounds, don't worry about wasting it. Even if the aftermath looks like a battle zone, it's not. You have ammo to burn. Before you run out of ammo you will run out of time and you only have a few minutes to operate until the Cops take you out or you put the muzzle in your mouth. And most shooters are part of the AR Cult. No dues, no memberships just insanity. You are part of that AR Cult. the only difference is, you don't have the guts to go out and do a mass shooting yourself in the name of the Revolution. The only reason that Vegas Shooting had such a high body count at that range was he through hundreds of rounds out very fast. It's like throwing a bunch of rocks at a wall full of balloons. Some will hit and most will miss but if you throw enough, you can burst almost all the balloons. This is the method of the Full Auto M-16 or the AR-15 with a bump stock. This has been abandoned by even the Military. But it's not ineffective when you have a target rich environment like a theater, school or Club. The 223 does exactly what it was originally invented to do at that point.

You are part of a cult. And the way to stop mass shootings is to outlaw the cult. Maybe we should handle it like any other violent cult and just start arresting the cult leaders.

Meaningless as is everything you post.

and you're not going to stop mass shooting by getting rid of one rifle because any semiautomatic rifle will kill just as many people as an AR

and I'll tell you again since you have obviously forgotten the other 20 times I have told you that I do not own an AR 15 because I saw no benefit to buying one because I already have 2 rifles chambered for the .223 round

The problem most of us have with you is that you have put out so outlandishly uninformed information in here, we automatically assume you aren't telling the truth about anything.

Why would anyone buy anything other than an AR type for 223? For sporting, it's a terrible round. There are just so many better choices when you start going with other guns.

Forum List

Back