What is the rightwing explanation as to why a democrat has won every special election since...

In a thread I started a few days ago, it was made pretty clear to me that Trump supporters see no reason to worry about either the coming demographic changes or the signs of a blue wave in November. Either they're correctly perceiving reality completely differently than I am or they're just talking themselves into some pretty powerful denial.
Either they're correctly perceiving reality completely differently than I am or they're just talking themselves into some pretty powerful denial.
I don't think it's either of those. I think it's that they don't worry about things they don't understand and they don't bother trying to understand things they don't understand.

Hell, Trump's like that. Remember his remark during his failed attempt to repeal and replace O-care? "Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated."

Lots of people knew, Trump simply wasn't among them and made no effort to be. Healthcare isn't the only complex thing he's tried to oversimplify....Immigration, taxes, trade policy, environmental policy, and attorney-client privilege, just to name a few.

Don't get me wrong, oversimplification is an excellent and proven tactic for marketing/advertising messages. An advertiser only has so much print space or air time, so they have to convey an idea in a very small space or time period, hence slogans.

There's nothing wrong with that when there's real substance to back it up. To wit....

these-are-the-best-porsche-print-ads-ever-photo-gallery-81098_5.jpg

these-are-the-best-porsche-print-ads-ever-photo-gallery-81098_7.jpg

these-are-the-best-porsche-print-ads-ever-photo-gallery-81098_2.jpg

these-are-the-best-porsche-print-ads-ever-photo-gallery-81098_6.jpg

And for grins, one of my favorite car non-ads...I included this one because it's basically what I think is going through Trump's mind when he looks out over the sea of pig farmers and other supporters at his rallies and whose hands he's almost certain not to shake and whose babies he's not about to kiss.

SPAD_RollsRoycepoorugly.jpg

“One of the curses of American society is the simple act of shaking hands, and the more successful and famous one becomes the worse this terrible custom seems to get.
-- Donald Trump, Art of the Comeback

"
I think the handshake is barbaric... Shaking hands, you catch the flu, you catch this, you catch all sorts of things."
-- Donald Trump
Trump is all "tag line" and no substance, and that works for his supporters. If I were to describe Trump using a car company analogy, I'd pick Cadillac and I'd describe him currently as a 1980s era Cadillac. How's that for oversimplification? About the same as much of Trump's I'd say, and that's the problem with oversimplifying things the way Trump does it.

Dems have won almost every special election in the leges. The WI scotus Dem win recently was another signal that the electorates in the states seem to be frustrated with the GOP and its leader. Ryan is now retiring.

November's a long time away, but a blue tsunami appears to be building.

The main GOP hope is that it can hold the Senate, and I think it will (if the election were held today) with 51 seats.

The left is the enemy of free speech anywhere they rule.
Are you or the other member challenging the accuracy of the data I cited to add accuracy to the discussion?

I have to ask that because there is no editorial content on the pages to which I linked -- it's all data -- and obtained the information I noted. I don't much care who publishes data so long as their data is accurate and verifiable.

The one type of election Kos doesn't include is municipal races. I think Kos doesn't because there's no unified database (at least not that I'm aware of) that does so and that tags party affiliations, let alone the " party flip" and special election aspects of those races. One has to chase down city=by-city election result tallies. If you or the other member care to do that, by all means, have at it....

Well all these Republican Congressmen not running for reelection are making way for the new crop of white supremacists that want their jobs so let's give them some credit for clearing the path for the David Duke/Donald Trump contingent.

...Trump’s inauguration? Keep in mind there has been a dozen or so special elections.

Now, I know many will desperately try to deflect to Trump’s win in the 2016 election, but we already know it has been demonstrated over and over that the opposing party takes over the executive branch after the other party’s two terms. Now after his election, people realize how much of a god awful mistake it was to Trump.

First there was indeed Trump's presidential victory, then there were four (or was it five?) straight elections Republicans won right after Trump was inaugurated.

Why are you ignoring those? It's almost as if that invalidates your entire argument, doesn't it?
I will also add that you refer to republican wins right after the election which do not at all reflect the public’s growing contempt for Trump as of today. Face it, the Dems are turning the tide.

November is still many months away and Trump is the most unusual survivor that has sat in the Oval Office.

Don't ask right wing snowflakes questions, they are followers and not thinkers. You'll confuse them, best they can do is cheer at Trump rallies about Mexico and locking up a secretary of state. They are more like sports fans cheering a mindless game of name calling. Leave them be, you'll spoil their childish resentment and bigotry with complex issues.

A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla's Strategy And Tactics

"It’s easy to laugh, as some of us do, at the phrase “conservative intellectual.” When the most prominent public spokesmen for the right’s ideas include Milo Yiannopoulos, Charles Murray, and Dinesh D’Souza, one might conclude that the movement does not have anything serious to offer beyond “Feminism is cancer,” “Black people are dumb,” and “Democrats are Nazis.” (Those are, as I understand it, the central intellectual contributions of Yiannopoulos, Murray, and D’Souza, respectively.)

Current Affairs | Culture & Politics

It concerns me greatly that our Beloved Leader is mulling over the Syrian situation, potentially explosive, and tweeting about his impending doom at the hands of Mueller, and shitting himself over the Stormy debacle.
All at the same time.
This must be very taxing on a 'man' with a short attention span.

First there was indeed Trump's presidential victory, then there were four (or was it five?) straight elections Republicans won right after Trump was inaugurated. Why are you ignoring those? It's almost as if that invalidates your entire argument, doesn't it?
Would you say that the string of losses since then are irrelevant, then?
The thing is, some people like Billy on the left, and those on the far right seem to think this is little more than a game. Like policy means very little to them. The closest game I can relate this to is Reversi. Everyone will flip at one point or another.
Yeah, sometimes I wonder if this is all like professional wrestling for political geeks and no one is telling me. I do think that they're ignoring a great deal, but we'll find out soon enough.

Stop giving TK attention
What's wrong Aaron? Wanna wrassle?

Last edited:
What is the rightwing explanation as to why a democrat has won every special election since...
I don't think the title statement is accurate. By the Daily Kos' tracking, in special elections, Republicans have flipped three seats since Trump took office, which means Democrats have not won every special election.
Democrats flipped something around 35 seats in special and regular elections. Republicans won one regular election. One observes too that the margins on the races have averaged around 10%.
You make a fair correction, but I’m sure Repubs on here will milk it for all its worth lol
With you, that's fairly easy.

...Trump’s inauguration? Keep in mind there has been a dozen or so special elections.

Well, they haven't. They've won some of them.

In a thread I started a few days ago, it was made pretty clear to me that Trump supporters see no reason to worry about either the coming demographic changes or the signs of a blue wave in November. Either they're correctly perceiving reality completely differently than I am or they're just talking themselves into some pretty powerful denial.

Well, that's because when someone explains stuff to you, you still don't understand them or you ignore them.

The Blue Wave in November will probably still see the GOP in charge of the Senate and most of the governorships. which means they can keep stacking the judiciary.

For long=term demographic changes, that's what they are trying to prevent by stemming the tide of immigration until the immigrants we have are assimilated. that's the whole point of Trumpism.

First there was indeed Trump's presidential victory, then there were four (or was it five?) straight elections Republicans won right after Trump was inaugurated. Why are you ignoring those? It's almost as if that invalidates your entire argument, doesn't it?
The thing is, some people like Billy on the left, and those on the far right seem to think this is little more than a game. Like policy means very little to them. The closest game I can relate this to is Reversi. Everyone will flip at one point or another.
Yeah, sometimes I wonder if this is all like professional wrestling for political geeks and no one is telling me. I do think that they're ignoring a great deal, but we'll find out soon enough.

Stop giving TK attention
What's wrong Aaron? Wanna rassle?

No. Last time we rassled you got all touchy.

Stop giving TK attention

No, I just sat on you for an hour. And no, not in that position.

Stop giving TK attention

Video or photographs, or it didn't happen.

Stop giving TK attention

Video or photographs, or it didn't happen.

Gimme $30,000 bucks and they're yours!

Now, I know many will desperately try to deflect to Trump’s win in the 2016 election, but we already know it has been demonstrated over and over that the opposing party takes over the executive branch after the other party’s two terms. Now after his election, people realize how much of a god awful mistake it was to Trump.
They ran better campaigns on the issues that mattered to most voters.

Next dumb question?

This upcoming November, will be a bitch for trump cultists......and slightly smarter ones well know it.

First the Democrats haven’t won every special election since Trumps inauguration the first five or six the Republicans won. As for why the Democrats have been winning recently they have been running better candidates ones who are more moderate and to the center instead of the far left Pelosi types and because historically when one party is all the way out of power they tend to do better in midterm elections the Republicans did it in 2010 and the Democrats could very well do it this year.

Still LYING! You might want to check the definition of "every".

Trump: GOP is 5-0 on special elections

:iyfyus.jpg:

Forum List

Back