What is the stupidest reason for being fired that you heard of?

While I support Right to Work, and still do, what is the stupidest reason you've heard of for being fired???

I was fired today from a job because I didn't carry out the trash a co-worker left in the bathroom.

To my thinking, that is almost the most chickenshit reason to fire someone..

What's your story. Can you beat that?
I got fired once for suggesting that a young woman's password be blowjob. She was well-known for giving them out easily so it seemed like a good suggestion.

Yeah, well, you're a certified idiot.

Just out of curiosity, when you say "young" woman..how young?

While I support Right to Work, and still do, what is the stupidest reason you've heard of for being fired???

I was fired today from a job because I didn't carry out the trash a co-worker left in the bathroom.

Sounds flimsy to me.

I wasn't told to carry out the trash.. in fact I had put a note on top of it telling the co-worker that I wasn't his mother or his wife, I wouldn't empty his trash any more. I carried any trash I generated out with me every morning..

In the long run I wish that I had carried his trash out.. but I was trying to make a point and it cost me my job.

ROFL ... yeah so then you got fired for the note you wrote to your coworker and placed on the trash, not for not taking out the trash. Don't trash co-workers that are liked more by your boss than you are. Note: most women don't like to be told their job is to take out the trash.

Last edited:

Sounds flimsy to me.

Nobody cares what it sounds like to you, bode.

Bode was never fired from the Navy because she lied to them about being dykey in her proclivities.

I wasn't told to carry out the trash.. in fact I had put a note on top of it telling the co-worker that I wasn't his mother or his wife, I wouldn't empty his trash any more. I carried any trash I generated out with me every morning..

In the long run I wish that I had carried his trash out.. but I was trying to make a point and it cost me my job.

ROFL ... yeah so then you got fired for the note you wrote to your coworker and placed on the trash, not for not taking out the trash. Don't trash co-workers that are liked more by your boss than you are. Note: most women don't like to be told their job is to take out the trash.

My two co-workers were both male. That blows your theory out of the water.

Sounds flimsy to me.

You will learn that I don't lie....

Sounds flimsy to me.

No. Not your story...but the reason for firing you.

No, I was let go from the public library at age 15 or 16, because the library received a grant that required someone with lower family income. I loved that job, my first besides babysitting. My family was lower middle income but not poor, my father received military retirement plus worked in the DOC.

I was "Permanently Laid OFf" because I wasn't a Minority or female once. That was back in the bad old days of Affirmative Action in 1978 and quotas mattered and were applied.
Bullshit, that isn't how AA works.

Sounds flimsy to me.

You will learn that bode doesn't learn.

No, I was let go from the public library at age 15 or 16, because the library received a grant that required someone with lower family income. I loved that job, my first besides babysitting. My family was lower middle income but not poor, my father received military retirement plus worked in the DOC.

I was "Permanently Laid OFf" because I wasn't a Minority or female once. That was back in the bad old days of Affirmative Action in 1978 and quotas mattered and were applied.

It is how it worked in 1978. The FCC refused to transfer the broadcast license from the old owners of the Station to the new ones unless they hired more women and minorities. They hired a black guy off the street with no knowledge of the job. I was in my second year of schooling and already licensed by the Federal Government. I had to train him in the basics of the job.

Then I was permanently laid off.

That is when I joined the Air Force after Graduation.

It is how it worked in 1978. The FCC refused to transfer the broadcast license from the old owners of the Station to the new ones unless they hired more women and minorities. They hired a black guy off the street with no knowledge of the job. I was in my second year of schooling and already licensed by the Federal Government. I had to train him in the basics of the job.

That is when I joined the Air Force after Graduation.

Don't blame your own incompetence on minorities, take some personal responsibility for once in your life.

Right-to-Work Advocate Unfairly Fired

lol, that's an awesome headline. Even the weak-ass union I was in at my last job would've saved your ass if you were there.

I got fired once for suggesting that a young woman's password be blowjob. She was well-known for giving them out easily so it seemed like a good suggestion.

You got fired for being an idiot. You don't seem to have improved a bit.

Some women who have been fired for being too pretty.

That is stupid.

Why do we always get the "Black person with no training whatsoever" meme, can't you folks think of a lie with a bit of realism...

BTW, my brother told me that his White manager at Three Mile Island laid off the Black Engineers so that they could hire some White friends with no training ,through the "old boy's network" and a couple of months later something bad happened..."

How about for being gay? That's a pretty stupid reason...

Has anyone ever really been fired for being gay?

Have you?

At my old firm there was a paralegal who was openly gay and his partner was listed next to him on the employee contact list, just like the husbands and wives of the other employees.

And no one had a problem with that.

Message to gays: the world is not out to get you.

Well actually I have, but it was a church. Hello stupid people..... if you actively support something that your employer by definition is against, you are idiot for getting the job in the first place.

It's like getting a job at PETA, and wearing a fur coat to work, and ordering a BLT for lunch. Hello stupid!!!

The world might not be out to get you, but being an idiot has consequences.

If you get a job at the NAACP, and then show up like this

KKK-Rebel-Flag-Swastika-2.jpg

Can you really start screaming that the world is unfair and prejudice?

No, you are an idiot, and being an idiot has consequences.

Similarly, if you are in fact gay, and you get a job at a church that believes homosexuality is a fundamental sin in their faith.... hello! The world isn't out to get you. You are being an idiot, and that has consequences. There are thousands of jobs that could not possibly care less about your inability to figure out how your bodily functions work.

Get a job there. If you are so desperate to work at a church, there are THOUSANDS of churches that have no problem with homosexuality. Go work at one of them.

For you to pick a church that openly says homosexuality is a sin, and you are a practicing homosexual... that's not prejudice on their part. That's stupidity on yours.

Forum List

Back