• Black

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Mixed (blk/wht, hisp/blk, NA/blk, etc)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
Gracie , Kat ,

There's a book called Black Like Me. It was written by a white guy that, with cosmetic alterations, went undercover as a black man. His experiences showed that people of color are not treated by society the same way that whites are.

You should read it.
It's lucky that Griffin did not get himself killed back in 1961.

Black Like Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A miracle he didn't kill himself once people thought he was black.

Asclepias and I were having a convo in another thread and were talking about how difficult it is for blacks to connect to white girlfriends, wives, friends, etc because whites have no clue what it's like being black and will never understand it. My friend said the same thing. He is black. Surrounded by whites 24/7 and felt...lonely.

So I am curious. What is your race? I have it set where nobody can see your vote in case you want to be mysterious.

White people to the back!
It starts at post #35, the convo.

I was more of a middle distance runner. Could run quite fast but never the fastest and didn't have the desire to run for 24 miles and all that nonsense. Maybe 8,000 meters was my race.

Asclepias and I were having a convo in another thread and were talking about how difficult it is for blacks to connect to white girlfriends, wives, friends, etc because whites have no clue what it's like being black and will never understand it. My friend said the same thing. He is black. Surrounded by whites 24/7 and felt...lonely.

So I am curious. What is your race? I have it set where nobody can see your vote in case you want to be mysterious.

I was more of a middle distance runner. Could run quite fast but never the fastest and didn't have the desire to run for 24 miles and all that nonsense. Maybe 8,000 meters was my race.
5 miles is not a bad intermediate distance.

This should normally take about 45 minutes to an hour at most.

5 miles is not a bad intermediate distance.

This should normally take about 45 minutes to an hour at most.

At present I can run for 30 minutes, I'm old.

Well, at least I got to add a few more to my very large ignore list from this thread alone.

by ethnicity im white and roma gypsy but by "race" which means geographical continents etc. family of many nations etc. im white and asian

genetically i have white and asian ancestry

wegeneen.jpg

Gracie , Kat ,

There's a book called Black Like Me. It was written by a white guy that, with cosmetic alterations, went undercover as a black man. His experiences showed that people of color are not treated by society the same way that whites are.

You should read it.

I don't think the book is really relevant in today's America. Black Like Me was written in 1961 and the author's experiences over a six week period were confined to the then racially segregated states of
Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia.

You must be dealing with a different Asslips. Or, perhaps his tales of white female conquests are complete bullshit? Yeah, that's it. Sorry, I take it back.

I agree with that Kat, but to truly understand...does one need to have the same...skin color? Is there a gene in each race that recognizes "self"?
Damn I hate it when I can't get out what is rolling around in my brain. It's there. I just can't express it and it pisses me off.

My friend was and is loved. By whites. But it was not enough. We just flat don't get IT, whatever IT is. Is culture involved in some portion of our "self" that seeks out someone of the same? A gene? Some kind of cells in our brains?

Like..whites don't get sicle cell. Why not?
Sickle cell is a mutation that combats Malaria. Europeans never had to develop it due to their environment.

Not your fault, Kat.

I'm not very good at getting what is in my head out in post form. And some refuse to use their brain to at least try to figure it out and are happy with falling back on the same o same o crap.

I have a headache. Off to other places. I should've went with my instincts and started the thread there instead of here but ascl is not over there and the convo got me curious how many blacks are here. Asians. Hispanics. Native Americans. etc. Mostly I wanted to know how many blacks. Maybe so he wouldn't feel this is just an all white board.

Whatever the case....I'm done.
I dont feel its only a white board. I was saying its mostly a white board. There are a few Black people here. Some in genetics only though.:laugh:

Forum List

Back