What kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed?

I carry because the laws of my country and state say I have the right to.

Sorry, but if you think you need to be armed at a little girl's soft ball game, you're nuts.
/---/ So little girls and their families don't deserve protection?
iu

You forgot the caption that went with that picture. That wasn't a little girls game. That was the congressional game practice where Scalise was shot.
View attachment 249553
/----/ I didn't forget anything. I know what it is.
----------------------------------- and its a perfect illustration for your reply CBlock .
/----/ Bad things can happen at ball games - kids may have been there. But since you must slice and dice to defend your position, here is another one: Venice Shooting Leaves One Man Dead, More Wounded at Penmar Park During Girls' Softball Game
venice_body_covered.jpg

I support the Constitutional right of Americans to keep and carry arms 100%, but it does strike me as a little spineless if someone is too frightened to step foot outside if not packing.
Someone around here has gone so far as to say he’s too scared to go get his mail without a gun. That’s all the way to chickenshitville.
You will see more and more carry. And when the dust clears, the chickenshits will still be alive while those macho brown shirts and bad guys will be dead. Confucious say.....gun beats the perp trying to do the beat down.

Confucious say......Dumb ass gun nuts are just as likely to shoot themselves or an innocent person. Since cops can't tell a dumb ass gun nut from the bad guy, they might take him out too. Dumb ass gun nuts are dumb asses to play cops and robbers.
Then tell me why that isn't happening now?

Concealed carry permit holders tend to be some of the most law abiding people in the country

I support the Constitutional right of Americans to keep and carry arms 100%, but it does strike me as a little spineless if someone is too frightened to step foot outside if not packing.
Someone around here has gone so far as to say he’s too scared to go get his mail without a gun. That’s all the way to chickenshitville.
You will see more and more carry. And when the dust clears, the chickenshits will still be alive while those macho brown shirts and bad guys will be dead. Confucious say.....gun beats the perp trying to do the beat down.

Confucious say......Dumb ass gun nuts are just as likely to shoot themselves or an innocent person. Since cops can't tell a dumb ass gun nut from the bad guy, they might take him out too. Dumb ass gun nuts are dumb asses to play cops and robbers.
/----/ Using your logic - if you drive a car and if you drink alcohol the presumption is you are a drunk driver and must be tossed in jail.

/---/ Since you slammed me because my first photo wasn't taken at a girl's softball game, I must slam you for misquoting Confusus, He never said that which renders your lame joke meaningless.

So very often I see conversations such as these:

You have to wonder what kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed.
The obvious response:
The same places where we're told gun-violence is -so- bad that we need to further restrict the law abiding in their exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.
If gun violence is indeed that bad, how is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

Why is the people who ask this question never want to discuss the answer?
How is it gun violence can be so bad that we need more gun control laws, but people who want to carry a gun to protect themselves are nuts?
What's nuts is people too stupid to understand why there's gun violence in cities in such as Chicago in spite their firearm regulatory measures.

What's nuts is buying into the "good guy with a gun" lie.

What's nuts is buying into the lie that citizens carrying concealed firearms helps to "reduce crime."

What's nuts is buying into the lie that mythical "gun-free zones" contribute to mass shootings.

What's nuts is opposing perfectly appropriate and constitutional firearm regulatory measures.

What's nuts is the slippery slope fallacy of "gun confiscation."

The whole good guy with a gun thing misunderstood

What you fail to understand is that no civilian has the obligation to stop a crime.

Shit the fucking cops don't have to respond to a call from a citizen

A good guy with a gun commits no crime with his gun or without therefore law abiding people who own and carry guns are not a factor in crime and murder stats

Gun nuts and the NRA consider an armed thug on the way to his first armed robbery to be a good guy with a gun right up until the second he robs the store.

That's a flawed argument

I could argue you are a drunk driver in waiting so should I suspend your drivers licence today?
I could argue that you are an abusive parent in waiting so should I call DCF to have your kids taken away?

If I have a history of breaking driving laws, I should not be allowed to drive. Thankfully, they have a universal background check for that before my license is issued. We should have a universal check before a gun can be legally bought.

/----/ Law abiding folks in bad neighborhoods feel the need to be armed. Why do gun grabbers want them to be defenseless?
Gun Permit Demand Surges In City: 'People ... - DNAinfo Chicago
Gun Permit Demand Surges In City: 'People Are Worried About Crime'
More than 200,000 people now are licensed to own a gun in Chicago. What neighborhood are you looking for? Type in the name of your neighborhood or select one from the list below.

Last edited:

The obvious response:
The same places where we're told gun-violence is -so- bad that we need to further restrict the law abiding in their exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.
If gun violence is indeed that bad, how is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

How is it gun violence can be so bad that we need more gun control laws, but people who want to carry a gun to protect themselves are nuts?
What's nuts is people too stupid to understand why there's gun violence in cities in such as Chicago in spite their firearm regulatory measures.

What's nuts is buying into the lie that citizens carrying concealed firearms helps to "reduce crime."

What's nuts is buying into the lie that mythical "gun-free zones" contribute to mass shootings.

What's nuts is opposing perfectly appropriate and constitutional firearm regulatory measures.

What you fail to understand is that no civilian has the obligation to stop a crime.

A good guy with a gun commits no crime with his gun or without therefore law abiding people who own and carry guns are not a factor in crime and murder stats

Gun nuts and the NRA consider an armed thug on the way to his first armed robbery to be a good guy with a gun right up until the second he robs the store.

That's a flawed argument

I could argue you are a drunk driver in waiting so should I suspend your drivers licence today?
I could argue that you are an abusive parent in waiting so should I call DCF to have your kids taken away?

If I have a history of breaking driving laws, I should not be allowed to drive. Thankfully, they have a universal background check for that before my license is issued. We should have a universal check before a gun can be legally bought.

Not the same thing

You want to ban people from carrying before they have committed a crime because they might commit a crime in the future

So by that argument you should never be allowed to drive because you might drive drunk one day.

In fact you should be on house arrest at least because it's only a matter of time before you commit a heinous crime right?

Or are you saying that you are the only person in the country who is not a criminal in waiting?

The obvious response:

That's a flawed argument

/'-----/ "If I have a history of breaking driving laws, I should not be allowed to drive"
Lame response. I don't have a history of criminal activity, but in NY getting even a target permit is near impossible.

The Left has bought into the Media and Democrat driven mantra that all guns are bad, and that they cause violence all by themselves. They don't care if the law abiding is defenseless. They are OK with the victim mentality, and the total dependency, and hence control of GOVERNMENT.

/----/ Using your logic - if you drive a car and if you drink alcohol the presumption is you are a drunk driver and must be tossed in jail.

No. If you have a history of breaking driving laws, you should not be allowed to legally drive. If you have a history of being a thug, you should not be able to legally buy a gun. We only do background checks for drivers, not gun purchasers.

No. If you have a history of breaking driving laws, you should not be allowed to legally drive. If you have a history of being a thug, you should not be able to legally buy a gun. We only do background checks for drivers, not gun purchasers.
Every single gun purchase I ever made was subject to a background check
My CC permit was subject to a background check

Stop backpedaling

You said a person is a "good guy" right up until they commit a crime

So that applies to you too and you should have your rights curbed because it's only a matter of time before you commit a crime

/---/ Since you slammed me because my first photo wasn't taken at a girl's softball game, I must slam you for misquoting Confusus, He never said that which renders your lame joke meaningless.

Confuscus also said you are a dumb ass, but I wasn't going to put that before.

Same here. Multiple background checks for gun purchases over the years, and for my carry permit. In addition, I once had an 01 FFL, so had to go through a very invasive background check, finger printing, and a three hour interview by a BATF agent.

That's a flawed argument

/'-----/ "If I have a history of breaking driving laws, I should not be allowed to drive"
Lame response. I don't have a history of criminal activity, but in NY getting even a target permit is near impossible.

Don't know or care about local NY laws. I'm talking federal.

Same here. Multiple background checks for gun purchases over the years, and for my carry permit. In addition, I once had an 01 FFL, so had to go through a very invasive background check, finger printing, and a three hour interview by a BATF agent.
/----/ I can't imagine what they had to ask you that took 3 hours.

Come on down to Texas. You can legally buy a truck load of guns, and nobody even has to ask your name. Federal law allows that.

That's a flawed argument

Don't know or care about local NY laws. I'm talking federal.
There are no federal laws regarding concealed carry

Federal Gun Laws: What Places Are Off-Limits With The FEDS?

Come on down to Texas. You can legally buy a truck load of guns, and nobody even has to ask your name. Federal law allows that.

No it doesn't

Persons Banned From Firearm Possession
The Federal Gun Control Act of 1968 and the Federal Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997 makes it illegal for a person who fits into any of the following categories to receive or possess a firearm. These laws prevent the State from issuing a Pistol Permit because it would be illegal for people who fit in these categories, by Federal law, to own or possess a gun.

• Fugitives from justice
  • Persons who are unlawful users of or are addicted to narcotics or any other controlled substances
  • Persons adjudicated as a mental defective or who have been committed to a mental institution
  • Persons who have been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one (1) year
  • Persons who are under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one (1) year
  • Military veterans discharged under dishonorable conditions
  • Persons who have renounced U.S. citizenship
  • Aliens illegally in the U.S.
  • Persons subject to a court order that restrains them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner
  • And persons convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
So if a person sells to any of these people he is committing a crime

You need to know the people you demean. There are accidents and murders everywhere. But it is in progressive socialist areas where it is like a reality paint ball game with all of the consequences. You make things up. Here is your first lesson. The deplorables/dregs are much better shooters then the urbanites in percentage. The question is with the cops is what side they will be on if totalitarian gun confiscation laws are passed by the people who caused all of this misery in the first place.

Forum List

Back