What kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed?

What's nuts is people too stupid to understand why there's gun violence in cities in such as Chicago in spite their firearm regulatory measures.

What's nuts is buying into the "good guy with a gun" lie.

What's nuts is buying into the lie that citizens carrying concealed firearms helps to "reduce crime."

What's nuts is buying into the lie that mythical "gun-free zones" contribute to mass shootings.

What's nuts is opposing perfectly appropriate and constitutional firearm regulatory measures.

What's nuts is the slippery slope fallacy of "gun confiscation."

The whole good guy with a gun thing misunderstood

What you fail to understand is that no civilian has the obligation to stop a crime.

Shit the fucking cops don't have to respond to a call from a citizen

A good guy with a gun commits no crime with his gun or without therefore law abiding people who own and carry guns are not a factor in crime and murder stats

Gun nuts and the NRA consider an armed thug on the way to his first armed robbery to be a good guy with a gun right up until the second he robs the store.

That's stupid.

Of course it is, but gun nuts and the NRA have never been very smart anyway.

It's not very smart to believe that.

I agree, but it's the kind of crap put out by the NRA every day.

Gun nuts are the ones that have an irrational fear of them. It is an inanimate object. It holds no power until someone USES It. Fear the bad guys that use guns illegally. Punish them.

/----/ Using your logic - if you drive a car and if you drink alcohol the presumption is you are a drunk driver and must be tossed in jail.

No. If you have a history of breaking driving laws, you should not be allowed to legally drive. If you have a history of being a thug, you should not be able to legally buy a gun. We only do background checks for drivers, not gun purchasers.

Stop backpedaling

You said a person is a "good guy" right up until they commit a crime

So that applies to you too and you should have your rights curbed because it's only a matter of time before you commit a crime

No. I said gun nuts and the NRA consider those thugs to be a good guy. A thug is a thug. We need background checks to point that out to gun sellers.

So you should have a background check before you have kids too.

When it gets to where my kid can accidentally go off and kill you in Walmart, we can talk about background checks for kids.
/----/ How about a background check for having an abortion?

I support the Constitutional right of Americans to keep and carry arms 100%, but it does strike me as a little spineless if someone is too frightened to step foot outside if not packing.
Someone around here has gone so far as to say he’s too scared to go get his mail without a gun. That’s all the way to chickenshitville.
/----/ Law abiding folks in bad neighborhoods feel the nee to be armed. Why do you gun grabber want them to be defenseless?

To whom are you addressing these comments?

I support the Constitutional right of Americans to keep and carry arms 100%, but it does strike me as a little spineless if someone is too frightened to step foot outside if not packing.
Someone around here has gone so far as to say he’s too scared to go get his mail without a gun. That’s all the way to chickenshitville.
You will see more and more carry. And when the dust clears, the chickenshits will still be alive while those macho brown shirts and bad guys will be dead. Confucious say.....gun beats the perp trying to do the beat down.

This is what I mean. Dial it back a little.

He can't dial it back. His ego won't let him.

/----/ Law abiding folks in bad neighborhoods feel the nee to be armed. Why do you gun grabber want them to be defenseless?

/----/ Not you of course, gun grabbers in general. I edited the post

Gun nuts are the ones that have an irrational fear of them. It is an inanimate object. It holds no power until someone USES It. Fear the bad guys that use guns illegally. Punish them.

Nope. Everybody knows what a gun nut is, and you can't change the definition no matter how hard you try. You are one.

No. If you have a history of breaking driving laws, you should not be allowed to legally drive. If you have a history of being a thug, you should not be able to legally buy a gun. We only do background checks for drivers, not gun purchasers.

Stop backpedaling

So that applies to you too and you should have your rights curbed because it's only a matter of time before you commit a crime

No. I said gun nuts and the NRA consider those thugs to be a good guy. A thug is a thug. We need background checks to point that out to gun sellers.

When it gets to where my kid can accidentally go off and kill you in Walmart, we can talk about background checks for kids.

I suppose a form of that happens when the woman discusses it with her doctor, but I'm sure that isn't enough to suit you.

Stop backpedaling

They check to see if she is s woman

Only women are authorized to have an abortion

People who fancy or appreciate guns are a nut.

People who want to spend trillions of dollars because they think man can control the environment are not nuts.

Go figure.

Stop backpedaling

I suppose a form of that happens when the woman discusses it with her doctor, but I'm sure that isn't enough to suit you.
/----/ Nope - she should get the same background anal examine people do who want a gun.

/----/ Nope - she should get the same background anal examine people do who want a gun.

That anal exam wasn't a normal part of your background check. Did he have both hands on your shoulders? Could be why he gave you such a good price on that gun.

/----/ Not you of course, gun grabbers in general. I edited the post

Ok, thanks.

Stop backpedaling

Not necessarily. In 2019, a lot of broads are identifying as dudes and can still have abortions. And a lot of dudes are identifying as dames and aren't allowed to like Mrs. Garrison.Scramble It's Brains or Vacuum it Out

Not necessarily. In 2019, a lot of broads are identifying as dudes and can still have abortions. And a lot of dudes are identifying as dames and aren't allowed to like Mrs. Garrison.Scramble It's Brains or Vacuum it Out

Thanks Sammy. Now why don’t you and Dean sing us a song?

/----/ Law abiding folks in bad neighborhoods feel the need to be armed. Why do gun grabbers want them to be defenseless?
Gun Permit Demand Surges In City: 'People ... - DNAinfo Chicago
Gun Permit Demand Surges In City: 'People Are Worried About Crime'
More than 200,000 people now are licensed to own a gun in Chicago. What neighborhood are you looking for? Type in the name of your neighborhood or select one from the list below.

Because then they become a victim.

Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats.

People who want to spend trillions of dollars because they think man can control the environment are not nuts.

Go figure.
You need to look up what nuts is

Go figure.
You need to look up what nuts is

nut
|nət| noun

3 informal: a crazy or eccentric person.

• [ with modifier ] a person who is excessively interested in or enthusiastic about a specifiedthing: a football nut.

So I guess you on the left are gun nuts as well, only on the opposite side. You are also abortion nuts, environmental nuts, racist nuts, and gender nuts.

Because gun nuts rarely have more training than that 3 or 4 hour course, and your lack of training could make me dead.

Your assertion is laughable at best. True gun enthusiasts are far more competent with firearms than cops are. That is shown whenever there is a competition. The cops with very few exceptions, almost always lose.

The results of any competition have no bearing on the comparative skills of the average gun nut or the average cop. Preparation for competition makes them different from the average.

Incorrect. One of the oldest adages in the military is "you fight the way you train".

The average gun nut doesn't do much training for that type situation. Even if they are an avid hunter and go to the gun range regularly, which most don't, that isn't training for a confrontational situation.

Wrong on all counts. The level of your ignorance is amazing to behold.

Say that at to me since I agree with that particular statement. Only a Rexall Ranger thinks otherwise. But a Combat Vet knows better as does a Swat Member who has been in a firefight.

Then I suggest you get with your Truckers Assn and do something about....oh, that's right, you busted the union so you are on your own. Sucks to be you.

Even when there was a union the cops did this. And, the unions drove most of the trucking companies out of business. Now there are only a few huge trucking companies. All of the independents are long gone. My friends dad worked for Churchill truck lines in Kansas City. The Teamsters went on strike even after the owner told them that he wouldn't survive if they did. They did anyway. 30 minutes later they all trooped out, and he closed his doors putting hundreds out of work.

Typical union morons.

How do I put this nicely. There are many businesses that shouldn't even be in business. The sooner we can get them done and gone the sooner we can allow the good businesses to flourish. Those hundreds had jobs waiting from the at good trucking companies. Right now, there is a huge shortage of Truckers. And the pay is pretty damned good. If I were 15 years younger I would be driving a Truck. It pays as well as the Oil Field, has about the same hours and it's a damn sight easier on the body. So don't give me that crap about how the Teamsters destroyed the business. If it had been a healthy business the Company would have been able to afford to options; work with the Union or pay the Drivers enough that they didn't need the Union in the first place. They chose to do neither for reasons of their own. It's not politics, it's business and economics.

I happen to know a lot about the Churchill Truck lines affair because of my friend. Care to guess what percentage of the employees didn't actually do any work thanks to the "work rules" the union imposed?

There are two major Beer Mfgs in the US and Canada; Coors and Anheuser-Busch. Coors is non union while Bush is Union. The Union has been trying to break into Coors for many decades. They fail because Coors pays their workers better than the Union Workers, has better benefits than any union can provide and the employee loyalty to Coors is just out of sight. So don't give me that crap about the evil union kills business. Unions are neither good nor bad. You use the threat of the Union to get fair treatment. If you can't get it then you need a union. If it breaks the company then the company probably shouldn't have been in business in the first place. Case in point; the company most in need of a friggin union is Walmart.

Answer the question I asked you. How much of the workforce did no work thanks to union work rules?

I was in two unions. I got paid for the work I did. Only once did the Union step in and that was because the business tried to not pay for our overtime because we weren't there long enough to actually join the Union. The Union didn't wantt that to become a precedence. So they force the company to pay the overtime. We worked the hours. Chances are,, your Buddy is just blowing smoke up your ass and you are blowing wind up everyone else's skirts.

Forum List

Back