What law(s) would have stopped the Buffalo shooting?

Pay attention! As I pointed out, he was not flagged, even though he had been admitted to a mental hospital ONLY BECAUSE HE WAS NOT COMMITTED BY A JUDGE
Pay attention.
He was not 'flagged' because the police who investigated him and the mental health professions to evaluated him did not determine he was a threat to himself or others.

The police who investigated him did not determine he was a danger to himself for others.
The mental health professionals who evaluated him did not determine he was a threat to himself or others.
That's part of my point! We are too lenient with these people. Hell, in Kentucky lately we had a whacko take shots at a candidate running for mayor and shortly afterward they let the guy out because they determined he wasn't a threat to anyone. WTF?

Again:
I'll ask you to demonstrate the necessary relationship between those laws/regulations and the lower rates of gun violence; you'll fail to present a meaningful response

Again:
How do you suggest we make that change happen?

Even if this were an appropriate and necessary response...
The senate can't scrap anything in the Constitution. It takes an amendment.
That takes 2/3 of Congress and 38 states to agree to the change.
Thus, it takes just 13 states to prevent this; the 13 most likely to do so contain just 7.5% of the US population.
So... won't happen.
You silly little man.

None. Because it isn't about laws, it's about society.

Look at Switzerland they have gun ownership that rivals the united states' but also have amazingly low gun related and violent crime and it's usually the lowest in all of Europe.

Why?

Because they have high employment rates, high education rates, and a good healthcare system.

Because they don't have a diverse society. They all speak the same language, all have a similar mentality, all have the same social norms, they don't have hundreds of different kinds of people all wanting society to be what they want it to be. You can't even become a citizen without paying a lot and speaking the language fluently. So they tend to be more relaxed and comfortable around one another with a lot less friction.

Excellent post, and perfectly on-point...

Moron…Australia has had about a dozen shootings since the gun confiscation which didn’t qualify as mass public shootings because the shooters simply failed to kill 3 people. Bad shooting on the part of the killer doesn’t show their gun laws worked…you idiot.
You bellend, America has had a dozen shootings on it's lunch break today alone.

You demonstrate that the 2nd Amendment has reduced gun violence below the levels of the UK per capita compared to UK's gun laws
how does that stop someone from driving an automobile down a christmas parade?

I see you have a preference of mass killings.

it's mass killing, is there a difference how a mass of people get killed by another human being?
Ok, but I'm not sure if you've realised, you're on a thread about America's routine 2nd Amendment mass shootings. If you want to cover mass killings by car or lorry bumpers, you would need to create such a thread to discuss vehicle legislation etc..

You demonstrate that the 2nd Amendment has reduced gun violence below the levels of the UK per capita compared to UK's gun laws
And thus, further admission that you cannot demonstrate the necessary relationship between the gun laws in the UK and its lower rate of gun violence - as per your claim.
I conrtinue to accept your surrender.

Forum List

Back