“What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?

That's a very legitimate question for which I wish I had an answer. I would be curious about a comparison to the percentage of murders in the country that are committed by illegal immigrants?
Less than 2% of all murders are committed with rifles of any kind so the murders that can be attributed to the AR 15 alone is less than 2%

If one needless death can be absolutely prevented then it should be prevented. A life is more important than your paranoia. But I guess it pays to be paranoid when they really are out to get you. Why that line must be completely around the block.
You know, by this standard, shouldn't police have the authority to randomly search every home, business, and person to find any illegal items that could harm the public?

If it just prevents ONE needless death, right?

Life is more important than your privacy, right?

If one needless death can be absolutely prevented then it should be prevented. A life is more important than your paranoia. But I guess it pays to be paranoid when they really are out to get you. Why that line must be completely around the block.
You know, by this standard, shouldn't police have the authority to randomly search every home, business, and person to find any illegal items that could harm the public?

These control freaks never seem to want to apply the same restrictions they want on the right to keep and bear to any other right

These control freaks never seem to want to apply the same restrictions they want on the right to keep and bear to any other right
But, if it just prevents that ONE single needless death, shouldn't we do it?

That's the only way to get through to someone who doesn't value the same rights valued by you.
:dunno:

What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?

That's a very legitimate question for which I wish I had an answer. I would be curious about a comparison to the percentage of murders in the country that are committed by illegal immigrants?

It is legitimate, but nearly impossible to answer because, unless the homicide is witnessed, or the criminal found and admits to the crime, only the caliber of the round would be known, and those rounds are most often used in multiple types of guns.

But there is this:

The Assault Weapon Myth

"But in the 10 years since the previous ban lapsed, even gun control advocates acknowledge a larger truth: The law that barred the sale of assault weapons from 1994 to 2004 made little difference.

It turns out that big, scary military rifles don’t kill the vast majority of the 11,000 Americans murdered with guns each year. Little handguns do.

In 2012, only 322 people were murdered with any kind of rifle, F.B.I. data shows.

The continuing focus on assault weapons stems from the media’s obsessive focus on mass shootings, which disproportionately involve weapons like the AR-15, a civilian version of the military M16 rifle. This, in turn, obscures some grim truths about who is really dying from gunshots."

In 2012 there were 14,827 total estimated homicides. If 322 people were killed by ALL KIND OF RIFLE, then we know that an AR-15 style semi automatic rifle would have been used in less than 2.2% of all homicides in that year.

with the odds of being murdered by by a rifle of any kind (not just a semi automatic) on any given day at less than 1 in 327,000,000 I'm not losing sleep over it.

But, if it just prevents that ONE single needless death, shouldn't we do it?

That's the only way to get through to someone who doesn't value the same rights valued by you.
:dunno:
It's for the children they say

But none of these people give a shit about the thousands of youngsters killed every day in our ultra-violent urban murder islands because they're not Lilly white middle class entitled brats.

It's for the children they say

But none of these people give a shit about the thousands of youngsters killed every day in our ultra-violent urban murder islands because they're not Lilly white middle class entitled brats.
Thus, my theory of their true motive is the only logical one, if safety is not the motive (it's not)-- that they want to disarm citizens so they can start their commie revolution and have no resistance.

Life is more important than your privacy, right?

Everything is within reason. If an aregument is presented that is without being within reason it's not viable. What you are doing is presenting an argument that is beyond reason. Most of the "Reasons" given are beyond reason.

Everything is within reason. If an aregument is presented that is without being within reason it's not viable. What you are doing is presenting an argument that is beyond reason. Most of the "Reasons" given are beyond reason.
So are you.

Explain why my argument is not reason and yours is.

You can't.

You should now understand why your argument is NOT reasonable.

So are you.

Explain why my argument is not reason and yours is.

You can't.

You should now understand why your argument is NOT reasonable.

let's see. My reason.

I want to raise the age limit for all states for purchasing guns to 21.
I want to make it where ALL guns sales must pass a gun check
I want to completely outlaw bumps stocks
I want to limit Mag size to no more than 15 rounds
I want the weapons to not have the rails for many of the dangerous addons
I want to make silencers have to have an FFL License to own, purchase or use them.

Not a long list. BTW, Colorado already has these in place. And the NRA has already taken it to court and lost. Welcome to the future. These are reasonable laws. Most of the exceptions were grandfathered in and it only affects new sales, manufacturing. These are not gun Grabbers, they are reasonable otherwise, they would have been found unconstitutional. Some states have gone further while others have not gone quite as far. But most states have at least made an effort. If you don't like the state you are in, move to one you like. But, rest assured, sooner or later, all states will carry reasonable gun control laws similiar to the ones we have here.

My reason.
Mine:

It is a right, not a privilege. Fuck your restrictions.

Especially the rail ban. What the fuck kind of dangerout accessories could be attached. Laser sites?
:lol:

You just proved that you have limit knowledge and understanding.

What you have just proved is that you have absolutely nothing to input in this discussion. You use the same old tired insults over and over. You want to present the AR as a sporting rifle? Well, present it that way. But don't include the things that makes it an Assault Rifle by definition. Otherwise, it gets banned completely if you win out on it's construction. You don't need the rails to mount a 203 grenade launcher and anything else that clearly defines it as a Military Assault Rifle. You want to argue that the rail for a Laser Site is in question? It's not. but the ability to mount a Bayonet is. The ability to mount a silencer is in question and is illegal to manufacture and be sold in Colorado. Many Rifles have the ability to mount Laser Sites so that isn't in question. So how about growing up a bit. And allow those that want to use it as a sport rifle to have it instead of getting your way and having it banned completely. Stop screwing it up for other people.

but the ability to mount a Bayonet is.
Why? It's a fucking knife. What's the problem?

And Colorado can do whatever the fuck Colorado wants. Just keep your bullshit from affectingTexas. We don't want your bullshit here. All federal gun laws are unconstitutional. Repeal them now.

My reason.
Mine:

Especially the rail ban. What the fuck kind of dangerout accessories could be attached. Laser sites?

What you have just proved is that you have absolutely nothing to input in this discussion. You use the same old tired insults over and over. You want to present the AR as a sporting rifle? Well, present it that way. But don't include the things that makes it an Assault Rifle by definition. Otherwise, it gets banned completely if you win out on it's construction. You don't need the rails to mount a 203 grenade launcher and anything else that clearly defines it as a Military Assault Rifle. You want to argue that the rail for a Laser Site is in question? It's not. but the ability to mount a Bayonet is. The ability to mount a silencer is in question and is illegal to manufacture and be sold in Colorado. Many Rifles have the ability to mount Laser Sites so that isn't in question. So how about growing up a bit. And allow those that want to use it as a sport rifle to have it instead of getting your way and having it banned completely. Stop screwing it up for other people.
Dumbass, an ar15 is nothing more than a sporting rifle. It would never pass military muster you need to educate yourself ya ol’ coot.
Your Appeasement makes you look like a fucking pussy

And Colorado can do whatever the fuck Colorado wants. Just keep your bullshit from affectingTexas. We don't want your bullshit here. All federal gun laws are unconstitutional. Repeal them now.

And you are ripe for another mass shooting. As the rest of us tighten things up, your state heads for the one that just might break the record of 58 dead. Hope that thrills you to no end. Texas is trying to rewrite the history of the Wild West. Newsflash: There were gun control laws throughout the West including Texas until very late 20th century. Yes, even Texas. Primarily they were local ordinances. Texas is about the only place that has dumped most of the local ordinances. How many more mass killings does it take? You already have one. Does it take one more two more, three more? We had it with one, Florida had it it with one and other states had it with one or learned from other states. But rest assured, it's coming. Your gun laws are NOT common sense.

And you are ripe for another mass shooting. As the rest of us tighten things up, your state heads for the one that just might break the record of 58 dead. Hope that thrills you to no end. Texas is trying to rewrite the history of the Wild West. Newsflash: There were gun control laws throughout the West including Texas until very late 20th century. Yes, even Texas. Primarily they were local ordinances. Texas is about the only place that has dumped most of the local ordinances. How many more mass killings does it take? You already have one. Does it take one more two more, three more? We had it with one, Florida had it it with one and other states had it with one or learned from other states. But rest assured, it's coming. Your gun laws are NOT common sense.
Fuck your “common sense” infringements. Stay the fuck out of Texas.

Fuck your “common sense” infringements. Stay the fuck out of Texas.

Hell, Kid, I just might move there. Wouldn't that be a hoot. And I know quite a few people there that agree with me. Maybe we can start a movement. What would you do about it? Would you keep crying in your Lone Star?

My reason.
Mine:

Dumbass, an ar15 is nothing more than a sporting rifle. It would never pass military muster you need to educate yourself ya ol’ coot.
Your Appeasement makes you look like a fucking pussy

Maybe the junk you peddle. But if I were to buy one, it would be one with the Military Grade. Something I can put thousands of rounds through the barrel of 556 military ammo through, drop it, drag it, etc.. Yes, I would pay at least 1500 bucks for it. The 500 buck junk is just that, junk. Hell, I've seen them as low as $395. I would be ashamed to be seen with one of those. But you think those are great. And I can tell you there is quite a bit difference when you use a Military Grade AR-15. Can you tell me the difference, cupcake?

Hell, Kid, I just might move there. Wouldn't that be a hoot. And I know quite a few people there that agree with me. Maybe we can start a movement. What would you do about it? Would you keep crying in your Lone Star?
Don’t lie, you commie asswipe. You don’t know anybody here. But, come start your movement. It will be funny to witness.

Don’t lie, you commie asswipe. You don’t know anybody here. But, come start your movement. It will be funny to witness.

I was stationed in Texas for a few years. I was also stationed in Oklahoma and played Music in Texas for a number of years. I know people in Wichita Falls, Dallas and the Houston area. It's not the guns that stops me from moving to Texas. It's the really shitty weather disasters you have there. And I know there are a hell of a lot more nicer people there than you are. I wonder how they can even stand having you around. Why haven't they shot you already.

Forum List

Back