“What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

Doing something about the shooter and not the gun is not a new message. In fact, that is what society has been doing for over 200 years in the US but it just hasn't been that successful. Since 1968, more Americans have died from gunfire than died in all the wars of this country's history. In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries and 33,636 deaths due to injury by firearms. It should be clear that trying to reduce gun violence by doing something about the shooter is not going to work.
Gun violence in the United States - Wikipedia

An old message perhaps. But maybe we should actually DO something about the shooters
Yep, no guns, not deaths from gunshot.

Yep, but guns are not a prerequisite to death, murder or suicide then, are they Flopper?

Here are a few suicide cases I found in about 15 seconds on google that, had a gun been used, fewer people would be dead today:

Woman killed after boy jumps from overpass in apparent suicide attempt

UPDATE: Wrong-way crash that killed Texas man on I-5 may have been suicide attempt

https://nypost.com/2018/02/02/wrong-way-driver-charged-with-murder-in-attempted-suicide/

And this one, no gun involved, took out seven innocent lifes:

Retro Indy: Judy Kirby, wrong-way driver kills seven

Murderers Murder, It's what they do, and it's never, in the History of the world mattered what tool they had available, they just Murder.

Suicidal Individual commit suicide, it's what they do, and it never mattered, in the history of the world what tools they had available, they just commit suicide.

So I guess, as my waiter said to me and my lovely wife last evening, YOU'VE BEEN SERVED.
Yes, people commit suicide by driving the wrong way on a one way street, taking pills, slashing their wrists, and drowning, but half of America's 44,000 suicide deaths are by firearms.

Although most suicide attempts are by taking pills, relative few attempts are successful. Many suicide attempts are a call for help or attention but when other methods fail or when people become really serious and a gun is available, it becomes the preferred method. The fatality rate when firearms are used in suicide attempts is 82%.

us_methods_of_suicide_2012.png

Suicide method statistics in the USA | Lost All Hope: The web's leading suicide resource

CaseFatality7.jpg

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/means-matter/means-matter/case-fatality/

Those thinking of suicide will often have suicide thoughts for months are even years. However, suicide planning is typically in minutes are hours. If a gun is available, it will often become the method of choice, simply because it's there. The lack of availability of guns will save lives. Eventually, America will decide that having over 300 million guns floating around the nation is unwise.

Thanks for proving my point. A gun is not needed to commit suicide, nor to commit murder.

Sometimes however, it is preferable to other methods that take the life's of others that absolutely did not wish to participate, and lost their live's because the individual jumped of a bridge killing another, or drove down the road and took between 1 and 7 life's with them.

Would you call the Mother who drove down the interstate the wrong way a mass murderer because she took 7 life's in her attempt?

I would. So we should ban what? Cars or Interstates?

Gun lovers never tire of the automobile straw man.

They don't keep me awake at night, but they obviously do you. Why?
If anything keeps me awake at night, it's the though of these commies taking away our ability to resist their goose-stepping revolution.

Tin foil hat me all you want. It has happened multiple times around the world, and recently. It's not even close to far-fetched to think it could happen here.

It doesn't me. I have more things than that to bother my sleep. The "Revolutionaries" are just pipe dreaming while bothering the rest of us. Nothing more. Every once in awhile, they have to be sat down and sternly talked to. That's coming I think. But will they ever do a successful "Revolution"? Nah, but they can dream, write books, make Youtube vids and all that. No law against that.

Ain't never gonna happen, neither the "stern talking too", nor the revolution (which is firmly entrenched in this dudes head), because the 2nd amendment exists and always will. Mainly to keep the sick minded like Daryl at bay.

An old message perhaps. But maybe we should actually DO something about the shooters

Yep, but guns are not a prerequisite to death, murder or suicide then, are they Flopper?

Here are a few suicide cases I found in about 15 seconds on google that, had a gun been used, fewer people would be dead today:

UPDATE: Wrong-way crash that killed Texas man on I-5 may have been suicide attempt

https://nypost.com/2018/02/02/wrong-way-driver-charged-with-murder-in-attempted-suicide/

Murderers Murder, It's what they do, and it's never, in the History of the world mattered what tool they had available, they just Murder.

Suicidal Individual commit suicide, it's what they do, and it never mattered, in the history of the world what tools they had available, they just commit suicide.

So I guess, as my waiter said to me and my lovely wife last evening, YOU'VE BEEN SERVED.
Yes, people commit suicide by driving the wrong way on a one way street, taking pills, slashing their wrists, and drowning, but half of America's 44,000 suicide deaths are by firearms.

Although most suicide attempts are by taking pills, relative few attempts are successful. Many suicide attempts are a call for help or attention but when other methods fail or when people become really serious and a gun is available, it becomes the preferred method. The fatality rate when firearms are used in suicide attempts is 82%.

Suicide method statistics in the USA | Lost All Hope: The web's leading suicide resource

CaseFatality7.jpg

Those thinking of suicide will often have suicide thoughts for months are even years. However, suicide planning is typically in minutes are hours. If a gun is available, it will often become the method of choice, simply because it's there. The lack of availability of guns will save lives. Eventually, America will decide that having over 300 million guns floating around the nation is unwise.

Thanks for proving my point. A gun is not needed to commit suicide, nor to commit murder.

Sometimes however, it is preferable to other methods that take the life's of others that absolutely did not wish to participate, and lost their live's because the individual jumped of a bridge killing another, or drove down the road and took between 1 and 7 life's with them.

Would you call the Mother who drove down the interstate the wrong way a mass murderer because she took 7 life's in her attempt?

Then why does the left keep bringing such nonsense up?

We figure you just want another ass kicking and we never want to let you folks down.

Pretty noble of us, really.

Firearms do not control people most people learn that in grade school

Firearms do control some people,sadly
no they never do
Guns occupy your little mind & have you posting in their defense all day every day.

Funny how none of my guns ever made me do anything and I'm not defending guns guns are inanimate objects and need no defense I am defending a person's right to choose to own a firearm and if that means correcting the inane spouting of an ignoramus like yourself so be it.

CaseFatality7.jpg

We figure you just want another ass kicking and we never want to let you folks down.

I know. If you are a gun nut, then guns =cars=swimming pools=bathtubs. The clique is so worn out that nobody even seriously responds to that shit anymore.

CaseFatality7.jpg

I know. If you are a gun nut, then guns =cars=swimming pools=bathtubs. The clique is so worn out that nobody even seriously responds to that shit anymore.

Seems to me, all those are more likely to kill you, but, oops, you freak out about something LESS likely.

Don’t like those facts, quit bringing them up!

Doing something about the shooter and not the gun is not a new message. In fact, that is what society has been doing for over 200 years in the US but it just hasn't been that successful. Since 1968, more Americans have died from gunfire than died in all the wars of this country's history. In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries and 33,636 deaths due to injury by firearms. It should be clear that trying to reduce gun violence by doing something about the shooter is not going to work.

Yes, people commit suicide by driving the wrong way on a one way street, taking pills, slashing their wrists, drowning, but half of America's 44,000 suicide deaths are by firearms.

Although most suicide attempts are by taking pills, relative few attempts are successful. Many suicide attempts are a call for help or attention but when other methods fail or when people become really serious, the gun is preferred method. The fatality rate when firearms are used in suicide attempts is 82%.

CaseFatality7.jpg

When someone uses a gun to commit suicide, it is obvious that they truly want to die. If you want attention, you use other methods.

If someone wants to die, they can accomplish that without a firearm.
I agree, but the chance that they will be successful with firearms is very high. Most other common methods of suicide either have a low probably of success or they require the person to do things that are difficult to do such as holding their head underwater, swallowing poison, hanging themselves, or stabbing with a knife. A bullet through the brain or heart has a high probability of death often instantaneously.

CaseFatality7.jpg

Your argument that without a gun, suicide victims would have turned to other methods and murders would have used other weapons fails. Although that may happen sometime, in most cases it would not. Although alternatives to firearms exist, they are less effective and outcomes for the perpetrator are general worse. Arguing that the deaths from gunshot would occur without guns is like saying the deaths from automobiles would occur without automobiles.

Face it, guns are the perfect killing instruments in most situations, whether you seek a near instantaneous end to your life or a mass murder, guns are very effective because that is what they have been designed to do, to kill. Other forms of killing do work but are less reliable and often risk a very bad outcome.

Unlike guns we license cars and inspect them in most states. We require driver training, testing, and licensing. Police monitor driver performance and whenever there is doubt to driver's physical or mental state, they can be pulled off the roads and re-examined. In most states, there is no required training for gun owners, no licensing, no testing, no monitoring, and no examination if their mental or physical health deteriorates.

Last edited:

CaseFatality7.jpg

Your argument that without a gun, suicide victims would have turned to other methods and murders would have used other weapons fails. Although that may happen sometime, in most cases it would not. Although alternatives to firearms exist, they are less effective and outcomes for the perpetrator are general worse. Arguing that the deaths from gunshot would occur without guns is like saying the deaths from automobiles would occur without automobiles.

Face it, guns are the perfect killing instruments in most situations, whether you seek a near instantaneous end to your life or a mass murder, guns are very effective because that is what have been designed to do, to kill. Other forms of killing do work but are less reliable and often risk a very bad outcome.

Unlike guns we license cars and inspect them in most states. We require driver training, testing, and licensing. Police monitor their performance and whenever there is doubt to their physical or mental state, they can be pulled off the roads and re-examined.

You say it fails, then points out it doesn’t.

Good lord, do we have to go through the car thing yet again.

You need neither a license not a registration, testing nor instruction to own a car.

PERIOD.

CaseFatality7.jpg

Face it, guns are the perfect killing instruments in most situations, whether you seek a near instantaneous end to your life or a mass murder, guns are very effective because that is what have been designed to do, to kill. Other forms of killing do work but are less reliable and often risk a very bad outcome.

Unlike guns we license cars and inspect them in most states. We require driver training, testing, and licensing. Police monitor their performance and whenever there is doubt to their physical or mental state, they can be pulled off the roads and re-examined.

You need neither a license not a registration, testing nor instruction to own a car.

PERIOD.
You certain do to drive it which why over 99% of owners buy cars.

CaseFatality7.jpg

Seems to me, all those are more likely to kill you, but, oops, you freak out about something LESS likely.

Don’t like those facts, quit bringing them up!
yawnnnnnnnnnnn.......

If anything keeps me awake at night, it's the though of these commies taking away our ability to resist their goose-stepping revolution.

Tin foil hat me all you want. It has happened multiple times around the world, and recently. It's not even close to far-fetched to think it could happen here.

It doesn't me. I have more things than that to bother my sleep. The "Revolutionaries" are just pipe dreaming while bothering the rest of us. Nothing more. Every once in awhile, they have to be sat down and sternly talked to. That's coming I think. But will they ever do a successful "Revolution"? Nah, but they can dream, write books, make Youtube vids and all that. No law against that.

Ain't never gonna happen, neither the "stern talking too", nor the revolution (which is firmly entrenched in this dudes head), because the 2nd amendment exists and always will. Mainly to keep the sick minded like Daryl at bay.

It's been so watered down in the past few years I would think that you would be one of the first to want to strengthen it with an amendment that the Supreme Court can't blast through. But, instead, you bitch and whine while the Supreme Court has disassemble the 2nd half of the 2nd amendment bit by bit. Are you really that stupid? Do they teach classes to be that stupid or are you just born that way.

CaseFatality7.jpg

PERIOD.
You certain do to drive it which why over 99% of owners buy cars.

Not that I relish having to answer this again, but:

There is no law that says one must have a license or a registered car to drive. Literally hundreds of thousands of miles, perhaps even millions of miles logged each day by folks that do not require a license to drive where they are driving, nor can the government mandate that the car they are driving be registered. No level of training is required by the state, and there is no age limit to purchase said car.

Now, if you wish exercise the PRIVILEGE to drive on tax payer funded roadways, or to store your car on a publicly funded roadway, then yes, you probably need to have a license and your car must meet the requirements that the Government sets for using that PRIVILEGE.

If you, for some odd reason want to equate using a car, with a gun, this is how the logic works.

Since the government used tax payer funds to BUILD ROADWAYS, then the public must be trained and licensed, and the car must be insured and registered when using PUBLICLY FUNDED ROADWAYS. In all other cases, training, licensing, insurance and registrations can not be forced upon a car owner.

Since the government used tax payer funds to BUILD SHOOTING RANGES, then the public must be trained and licensed, and the gun must be insured and registered when using PUBLICLY FUNDED SHOOTING RANGES. In all other cases, training, licensing, insurance and registration can not be forced upon a gun owner.

I am glad to see we agree. When tax payer funds are spent so that the public can use something for specific purpose, be it a roadway or a shooting range, the Government has the right to regulate such use.

It's been so watered down in the past few years I would think that you would be one of the first to want to strengthen it with an amendment that the Supreme Court can't blast through. But, instead, you bitch and whine while the Supreme Court has disassemble the 2nd half of the 2nd amendment bit by bit. Are you really that stupid? Do they teach classes to be that stupid or are you just born that way.

So, let me get this right. It's perfectly OK to give up a little of my Constitutional Rights, because, God knows, that will be the end of the "taking". No one will ever try to extend these "takings" any further.

And to those, who, when bump stock bans were passed, that said "this is only the beginning of the end to all guns"............

They were just pulling our legs?

You can buy the Brooklyn Bridge if you so desire, I ain't buying it.

Got it

No...the Supreme Court has actually strengthened the 2nd Amendment, but the lower courts are simply ignoring their rulings....because there are 4 left wing nuts pretending to be justices on the court, and 4 real Justices on the court and neither side knows which way kennedy is going to swing, so they haven't bitch slapped the lower courts...

Thee is a government agent under your bed, Pop, who is waiting for you to fall asleep, so that he can take your gun. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid!

Thee is a government agent under your bed, Pop, who is waiting for you to fall asleep, so that he can take your gun. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid!

There is a neighbor with a gun that there is a 1.55 in 300,000,000 chance might fall over and go through multiple walls and kill you.

How the hell are you able to function every day with those odds.

CaseFatality7.jpg

Face it, guns are the perfect killing instruments in most situations, whether you seek a near instantaneous end to your life or a mass murder, guns are very effective because that is what they have been designed to do, to kill. Other forms of killing do work but are less reliable and often risk a very bad outcome.

Unlike guns we license cars and inspect them in most states. We require driver training, testing, and licensing. Police monitor driver performance and whenever there is doubt to driver's physical or mental state, they can be pulled off the roads and re-examined. In most states, there is no required training for gun owners, no licensing, no testing, no monitoring, and no examination if their mental or physical health deteriorates.

You are wrong...on all levels.......other countries with extreme gun laws have higher suicide rates,

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world. According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)

Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.

There is a neighbor with a gun that there is a 1.55 in 300,000,000 chance might fall over and go through multiple walls and kill you.

I don't see that as a problem, Pop. In fact, I have no longer a need for, or desire to own, any of the 5 firearms in my house, and if I could get rid of them safely, I would probably sleep better only because there would be less reason for someone break in to steal them. I feel reasonably certain that I will never have to use them to fight off the black helicopters.

I don't see that as a problem, Pop. In fact, I have no longer a need for, or desire to own, any of the 5 firearms in my house, and if I could get rid of them safely, I would probably sleep better only because there would be less reason for someone break in to steal them. I feel reasonably certain that I will never have to use them to fight off the black helicopters.

Getting rid of guns safely really isn't an issue, unless of course you have a fear of taking them into a police station and surrendering them.

Now I get it, you're afraid one might go off and kill you while getting them to the station?

Fear not, you have a far greater chance of dying on that Motorscooter than dying from an accidental gun discharge, which is somewhere in the area of 1.55 in 300,000,000 of happining.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back