“What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

Yet the post leaves out that of the Mass Shootings, the high body counts were all AR-15, all but one were done by people younger than 21, of these all used 30 shot or better multiple mags for reloading. Using that data, what can we change to not stop the mass shootings but keep the body counts down? And don't use the old tired "From My Dead Cold Hands" response.
The single most effective way to reduce the body count is to SHOOT BACK!!! No other measure comes within MILES of it.

Instead of fucking over MILLIONS of people, use THE RIGHT as it was intended and SHOOT BACK!!!

Make sweeping changes to leave not one single gun-free zone remaining and do everything possible to be sure that every would-be mass shooter is facing a deadly response, THEN let's see where we are.

If you're not willing to do that, I can only conclude that you give not one single fuck about safety. You are a goose-stepping Bolshevik and you want to grab guns to suppress resistance of your commie revolution.

You want to restrict the rights of ALL gun owners because a few people commit crimes with guns
Because a few idiots think it's funny to yell "fire" in a crowded theater and MAY at some point in their idiot lives decide to do so, free speech should be banned. Everyone must wear a ball gag in public.

Reasonable.

:dance:

My reason.
Mine:

It is a right, not a privilege. Fuck your restrictions.

Especially the rail ban. What the fuck kind of dangerout accessories could be attached. Laser sites?
:lol:

You just proved that you have limit knowledge and understanding.

What you have just proved is that you have absolutely nothing to input in this discussion. You use the same old tired insults over and over. You want to present the AR as a sporting rifle? Well, present it that way. But don't include the things that makes it an Assault Rifle by definition. Otherwise, it gets banned completely if you win out on it's construction. You don't need the rails to mount a 203 grenade launcher and anything else that clearly defines it as a Military Assault Rifle. You want to argue that the rail for a Laser Site is in question? It's not. but the ability to mount a Bayonet is. The ability to mount a silencer is in question and is illegal to manufacture and be sold in Colorado. Many Rifles have the ability to mount Laser Sites so that isn't in question. So how about growing up a bit. And allow those that want to use it as a sport rifle to have it instead of getting your way and having it banned completely. Stop screwing it up for other people.
What makes a rifle an assault rifle by definition is the select fire ability.

The AR 15 does not have that ability ergo the AR 15 is not an assault rifle by definition

But it's black and scary looking, so we'll continue hearing about it being an assault rifle.

Follow the Colorado Gun Laws and it can't be called an Assault Rifle. You can't have the addon rails to accept the military addons from the M-16 like the M203 or the Silencer or Bayonet and a few other items that the only use for them is for war. I know that some say that the AR is completely different than the M-16 but a Match Grade AR-15 shares all parts except for the receiver with the M-16 including the Chromium coating. What's sad is that the 500 buck one comes with the rails to accept the military addons but lacks the good stuff that makes the M-16-A-4 so rugged and capable of firing the military grade ammo. Just drop those rails, keep the mags down to 15 or less (I would rather have seen it at 20 but I didn't win that one) and we keep the AR-15 from being classed as an Assault Rifle. And PLEASE, stop with the "Pry it from my cold dead hands" argument or lose it completely.

The correct question to ask is what percentage of mass-shootings is done with an assault weapon.

Zero

The term "Assault weapon" is a media invention.

Did you know that most mass shootings were domestic or family violence? Analysis of Mass Shootings

Only 27% of mass shooters used an AR-15. Most used handguns. Reality Check: Most Mass Shooters Use Handguns, Not AR-15s

Excellent post. And I might add that there is no evidence that those 27%, even if an AR style weapon was banned, would not simply use a different weapon to accomplish their goal. The body count in some cases may have been slightly lower, but of course, in others they might have been slightly higher. It is after all, complete speculation.

Yet the post leaves out that of the Mass Shootings, the high body counts were all AR-15, all but one were done by people younger than 21, of these all used 30 shot or better multiple mags for reloading. Using that data, what can we change to not stop the mass shootings but keep the body counts down? And don't use the old tired "From My Dead Cold Hands" response.

So you ban the single most popular rifle in the country and like magic mass shootings will stop?

Of course they won't. You will merely make the weapon of choice the second most popular rifle in the country. Then what? Ban that one too?

OK ban the first and second most popular rifles in the country then the weapon of choice will be the third most popular rifle in the country. Then what? Ban that one too?

Sorry to bust our bubble but the AR-15 isn't even close to being the most popular rifle. That goes to the Model 60 22 LR semi auto by at least 2 to one. This is the one that MOST teens learn to shoot on. Total figures of manufacture for the AR-15 are from 3 to 5 million while the Model 60 is in excess of 11 million. And that is from the NRA itself.

I didn't say anything about banning anything. I said regulate it. There is one hell of a lot of difference. Take off the rails to mount the military only support equipment and the ability to mount a bayonet and silencer which both only have military applications. Make it into a real varmint rifle just by doing that. Then you can tell someone that it's a sporting rifle that is being misused. Until then it's a M-16 without the 3 shot burst setting.

but the ability to mount a Bayonet is.
Why? It's a fucking knife. What's the problem?

And Colorado can do whatever the fuck Colorado wants. Just keep your bullshit from affectingTexas. We don't want your bullshit here. All federal gun laws are unconstitutional. Repeal them now.

And you are ripe for another mass shooting. As the rest of us tighten things up, your state heads for the one that just might break the record of 58 dead. Hope that thrills you to no end. Texas is trying to rewrite the history of the Wild West. Newsflash: There were gun control laws throughout the West including Texas until very late 20th century. Yes, even Texas. Primarily they were local ordinances. Texas is about the only place that has dumped most of the local ordinances. How many more mass killings does it take? You already have one. Does it take one more two more, three more? We had it with one, Florida had it it with one and other states had it with one or learned from other states. But rest assured, it's coming. Your gun laws are NOT common sense.
You just proved my point, an ar15 is not military grade

And Colorado can do whatever the fuck Colorado wants. Just keep your bullshit from affectingTexas. We don't want your bullshit here. All federal gun laws are unconstitutional. Repeal them now.

And you are ripe for another mass shooting. As the rest of us tighten things up, your state heads for the one that just might break the record of 58 dead. Hope that thrills you to no end. Texas is trying to rewrite the history of the Wild West. Newsflash: There were gun control laws throughout the West including Texas until very late 20th century. Yes, even Texas. Primarily they were local ordinances. Texas is about the only place that has dumped most of the local ordinances. How many more mass killings does it take? You already have one. Does it take one more two more, three more? We had it with one, Florida had it it with one and other states had it with one or learned from other states. But rest assured, it's coming. Your gun laws are NOT common sense.
More frivolous gun laws cause mass shootings

The correct question to ask is what percentage of mass-shootings is done with an assault weapon.

Zero

Did you know that most mass shootings were domestic or family violence? Analysis of Mass Shootings

Only 27% of mass shooters used an AR-15. Most used handguns. Reality Check: Most Mass Shooters Use Handguns, Not AR-15s

Excellent post. And I might add that there is no evidence that those 27%, even if an AR style weapon was banned, would not simply use a different weapon to accomplish their goal. The body count in some cases may have been slightly lower, but of course, in others they might have been slightly higher. It is after all, complete speculation.

So you ban the single most popular rifle in the country and like magic mass shootings will stop?

Of course they won't. You will merely make the weapon of choice the second most popular rifle in the country. Then what? Ban that one too?

OK ban the first and second most popular rifles in the country then the weapon of choice will be the third most popular rifle in the country. Then what? Ban that one too?

Sorry to bust our bubble but the AR-15 isn't even close to being the most popular rifle. That goes to the Model 60 22 LR semi auto by at least 2 to one. This is the one that MOST teens learn to shoot on. Total figures of manufacture for the AR-15 are from 3 to 5 million while the Model 60 is in excess of 11 million. And that is from the NRA itself.

I didn't say anything about banning anything. I said regulate it. There is one hell of a lot of difference. Take off the rails to mount the military only support equipment and the ability to mount a bayonet and silencer which both only have military applications. Make it into a real varmint rifle just by doing that. Then you can tell someone that it's a sporting rifle that is being misused. Until then it's a M-16 without the 3 shot burst setting.
Not really,

Zero

You're wrong of course.

Your cheap imitations might not be since they are junk. But one I would own (match grade) would be. But according to the Colorado Firearms Law, it would have the military addon rails removed, the threaded barrel end removed, the bayonet rail removed and come with a 15 shot mag. And yours would fire just the 223 but the Match Grade would fire the 223 and the 556 without harm. And do it for thousands of rounds. I know a lot of junk put out there that claims to be like a Colt 1911A1 but there is only one Colt 1911A1 that can fire the hot loads it can. Almost all others would blow up after only a few rounds. Your junk might get away with a few rounds of 556 but it's going to do some damage to your chamber pretty quick unless you have a Match Grade AR-15 which shares every part with a M-16 except for the receiver. And no, the M-16 receiver cannot be tranferred into a match grade AR-15. It's done that way to prevent you from buying a match grade AR-15 and modifying it to the M-16. But all other parts are interchangeable. You claim to be a Gun Merchant. You should know all this. But you if you are, you are a pretty damned poor one.

The single most effective way to reduce the body count is to SHOOT BACK!!! No other measure comes within MILES of it.

Instead of fucking over MILLIONS of people, use THE RIGHT as it was intended and SHOOT BACK!!!

Make sweeping changes to leave not one single gun-free zone remaining and do everything possible to be sure that every would-be mass shooter is facing a deadly response, THEN let's see where we are.

If you're not willing to do that, I can only conclude that you give not one single fuck about safety. You are a goose-stepping Bolshevik and you want to grab guns to suppress resistance of your commie revolution.

I wonder why the alarm hasn't gone out on the NRA conventions that are primarily gun free zones. Yes, I know, the venue says that they have to be. But I don't see a lot of press where all of you are up in arms about it. You spend way too much time trying to police everyone else instead of policing yourselves. Now, how about going after the Gun Free Zones like the Republican Convention and the NRA Convention. Don't they deserve your protections as well?

I wonder why the alarm hasn't gone out on the NRA conventions that are primarily gun free zones. Yes, I know, the venue says that they have to be. But I don't see a lot of press where all of you are up in arms about it. You spend way too much time trying to police everyone else instead of policing yourselves. Now, how about going after the Gun Free Zones like the Republican Convention and the NRA Convention. Don't they deserve your protections as well?

Because we also the value of the freedom of the Property Owner to set their own guidlines.

Zero

I left out the fact that the media calls every semi-auto rifle an AR-15 when it's not.
Plus, lets not overlook the total body-count for AR-15s is very miniscule compared to handguns.

But liberals always play this game that 10 children being shot by a Whiteman using an AR-15 matters more than 256 black kids in Chicago being shot by Glocks in gang violence.

Because we also the value of the freedom of the Property Owner to set their own guidlines.

squirm, squirm, weasel, weasel, squirm. That's called justifying. I would think that your poppa would have slapped that out of you by age 9.

squirm, squirm, weasel, weasel, squirm. That's called justifying. I would think that your poppa would have slapped that out of you by age 9.

No, my Pop taught me to respect and keep my hands off of other peoples property without their permission. And he also taught me to either do what the property owner requested, or get my ass off his property.

Did your's teach you anything?

And are you actually only 9 now?

Zero

I left out the fact that the media calls every semi-auto rifle an AR-15 when it's not.
Plus, lets not overlook the total body-count for AR-15s is very miniscule compared to handguns.

But liberals always play this game that 10 children being shot by a Whiteman using an AR-15 matters more than 256 black kids in Chicago being shot by Glocks in gang violence.

We save what we can and not save what we can't save. You don't even want to outlaw the Bump Stock which is useful only on the AR-15 and is worthless on all other rifles including the Mini-14. You are against removal of the militiary hardware mounting rails on the AR-15. If these things are left then the opposition has a case in moving the AR into a FFL licensed rating. You either compromise or you lose it all. Luckily, MOST go for the compromise and don't pay a whole hell of a lot of credence to your insanity.

No, my Pop taught me to respect and keep my hands off of other peoples property without their permission. And he also taught me to either do what the property owner requested, or get my ass off his property.

Then move the convention to a place that would allow you to exercise your "God Given Right" to bear arms. I am sure they are out there. But the 5 star Motels might be too far away. Boo Hoo.

Then move the convention to a place that would allow you to exercise your "God Given Right" to bear arms. I am sure they are out there. But the 5 star Motels might be too far away. Boo Hoo.

Look what I've turned Daryl into. Something we all thought he was in the first place. A communist.

Look at how little respect for the property owners rights. It's all about Daryl.......

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

and you still have not answered the question. Are you 9?

Your cheap imitations might not be since they are junk. But one I would own (match grade) would be. But according to the Colorado Firearms Law, it would have the military addon rails removed, the threaded barrel end removed, the bayonet rail removed and come with a 15 shot mag. And yours would fire just the 223 but the Match Grade would fire the 223 and the 556 without harm. And do it for thousands of rounds. I know a lot of junk put out there that claims to be like a Colt 1911A1 but there is only one Colt 1911A1 that can fire the hot loads it can. Almost all others would blow up after only a few rounds. Your junk might get away with a few rounds of 556 but it's going to do some damage to your chamber pretty quick unless you have a Match Grade AR-15 which shares every part with a M-16 except for the receiver. And no, the M-16 receiver cannot be tranferred into a match grade AR-15. It's done that way to prevent you from buying a match grade AR-15 and modifying it to the M-16. But all other parts are interchangeable. You claim to be a Gun Merchant. You should know all this. But you if you are, you are a pretty damned poor one.
Lol
Still does not pass military muster...

Forum List

Back