What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you view reparations to Japanese Americans as reverse slavery? Or are African Americans uniquely singled out?

You also ignore one important fact in reparations: no one race pays.
Japanese Reparations were given to roughly 120,000 of those who were OBVIOUSLY still alive apparently $20,000 each which would be about $40,000 today
To compare the above to the Millions who believe they are owed something before and after Jim Crow; even after 1965 is laughable 😆

Who decided who gets them and who doesn’t? Those who did not participate should not pay a dime. Tell someone who came here after 1965 they are responsible. Give some reparations while others don’t get them. Want a Civil War? That’s the quickest way I can think of. It will make the riots of 2020 seem like a block party 🎈
Since racism has continued people who came here after 1965 participated in it. And since things just didn't suddenly stop in 1965, you need to quit pretending that it did.

Japanese Reparations were given to roughly 120,000 of those who were OBVIOUSLY still alive apparently $20,000 each which would be about $40,000 today
To compare the above to the Millions who believe they are owed something before and after Jim Crow; even after 1965 is laughable 😆
No, it's not laughable. But when you're fishing for anything to dismiss, such are the claims.

Only a White Supremacist would not believe in Reparations? Only a Black Bigot would believe everyone has to think 🤔 the way he does
Only white supremacists argue about how whites are paying and that blacks are asking for free money. It's stupid to call someone a black bigot because they feel you have no argument that has merit and are opposing black reparations based on an argument that was defeated by these actions:

1980: $81 million: Klamaths of Oregon. ("Spending Spree" by Dylan Darling, Herald and News (Klamath Falls, OR), June 21, 2005.)

1980: $105 million: Sioux of South Dakota for seizure of their land. (United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980).)

1985: $12.3 million: Seminoles of Florida. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1985: $31 million: Chippewas of Wisconsin. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1986: $32 million per 1836 Treaty: Ottawas of Michigan. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

Stay on topic! This area is part of Zone 1. No flaming, baiting, off topic posts, derailing the thread, discussing forum members, etc.

I can't say what I want to that FLAME.

Hate to tell you but cities existed in Africa when the white man got there. But your ancestors were really the ones running from goat herding.
Nevertheless

Without slavery you would be in africa instead of America

Flights leave for africa every day and few if any black American citizens expatriating

But that does not stop you from bitching

O
Only white supremacists argue about how whites are paying and that blacks are asking for free money. It's stupid to call someone a black bigot because they feel you have no argument that has merit and are opposing black reparations based on an argument that was defeated by these actions:

1980: $81 million: Klamaths of Oregon. ("Spending Spree" by Dylan Darling, Herald and News (Klamath Falls, OR), June 21, 2005.)

1980: $105 million: Sioux of South Dakota for seizure of their land. (United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980).)

1985: $12.3 million: Seminoles of Florida. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1985: $31 million: Chippewas of Wisconsin. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1986: $32 million per 1836 Treaty: Ottawas of Michigan. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)
Only Black Racist Bigots believe everyone that doesn’t agree with them is a bigot and especially those who came after 1965 owe the Black Community something

Since racism has continued people who came here after 1965 participated in it. And since things just didn't suddenly stop in 1965, you need to quit pretending that it did.
So what? Is that your “ rational “ for saying those who came after 1965 owe the Black Community something? How pathetic

So what? Is that your “ rational “ for saying those who came after 1965 owe the Black Community something? How pathetic
Well if people who came after 1965 are doing the same thing that was done on or before 1965, they are responsible. Ahmaud Arbery wasn't killed in 1964. The people in Charleston were not murdered in 1965. Nor were the people in Buffalo. Police killing unarmed blacks did not stop in 1965. Nor did systemic racism. But lets stop talking stupid and quit repeating and debating right wing race bait. This is a matter between the US government and blacks. Not you and blacks.

I am talking about obviously alive people, not zombies. Not sure how often I need to restate that. I’m talking about Jim Crowe and “obviously alive” people who were born before 1965. How many times do I need to repeat this?

So is your argument now one of if the people who feel they are owed reparations number under 120,001 it’s ok to give them reparations? Or just if they are “obviously alive”?

I am talking about obviously alive people, not zombies. Not sure how often I need to restate that. I’m talking about Jim Crowe and “obviously alive” people who were born before 1965. How many times do I need to repeat this?

So is your argument now one of if the people who feel they are owed reparations number under 120,001 it’s ok to give them reparations? Or just if they are “obviously alive”?
Compare the 120,000 which was horrible to the Millions of those affected by Jim Crow and those who claim they “ deserve it” because they claim they were discriminated against. Tell some Blacks “ Yes” others “ No” even if they weren’t in the Country, There will be a Civil War

Compare the 120,000 which was horrible to the Millions of those affected by Jim Crow and those who claim they “ deserve it” because they claim they were discriminated against. Tell some Blacks “ Yes” others “ No” even if they weren’t in the Country, There will be a Civil War
Any black person who lived in the US prior to 1965 was discriminated against with out question. No “claim” about it. Jim Crowe was not just a set of laws, it was a way of life that used brutality and fear to make sure that blacks were always under even the lowest class whites. It was certainly horrible for those living under it.

Do think ir was fun?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Any black person who lived in the US prior to 1965 was discriminated against with out question. No “claim” about it. Jim Crowe was not just a set of laws, it was a way of that used brutality and fear to make sure that blacks were always under even the lowest class whites. It was certainly horrible for those living under it.

Do think ir was fun?
It's not going to matter how you define this. These guys simply believe that everything ended after slavery and that after Johnson signed a piece of paper racism just disappeared and all the damage created disappeared also.

Nevertheless

Without slavery you would be in africa instead of America

Flights leave for africa every day and few if any black American citizens expatriating

But that does not stop you from bitching
You bitch about America every day despite the preferences those like you have been given. Flights leave for Europe every day also.

And there have been blacks who have moved to Africa. I was born here. I have first amendment rights.

So ---- off.

You bitch about America every day despite the preferences those like you have been given. Flights leave for Europe every day also.

And there have been blacks who have moved to Africa. I was born here. I have first amendment rights.

So ---- off.
You are delusional

I defend America from lib haters like you

Any black person who lived in the US prior to 1965 was discriminated against with out question. No “claim” about it. Jim Crowe was not just a set of laws, it was a way of life that used brutality and fear to make sure that blacks were always under even the lowest class whites. It was certainly horrible for those living under it.

Do think ir was fun?
Never said it was. Please tell us exactly what you think would be “ fair”and how to deal with those who I guarantee will riot just like they did in 2020. I can just see the Black Caucus accepting the decision on who doesn’t get them and the amt one should get .

We often get bogged down and navel gaze over what extent racism affects groups or doesn't, but what actual solutions do people have? People on the right love citing King with "content/character over color" but don't tell us how to get there. Meritocracy is only a platitude if it isn't enforced. It's like hoping and wishing that people won't commit homicide against one another. Without homicide laws and measures, it's a pipe dream.
Step one get rid of republicans. Oh wait that's it.

It really is pretty arrogant for a minority population to make threats against the majority population unless they submit to their demands, and yielding to it, as you point out, only encourages more of the same. It’s the same reason we don’t negotiate with terrorists.
Yup….them minorities need to remember their place :rolleyes:

Minority populations aren’t terrorists. That is the first thing.

The second is that the riots that occurred over Floyd have nothing to do with reparations. But, apparently, unlike any other minority group, when it comes to black people reparations (also called “handouts“ and “free stuff” when it’s for blacks) are tied to expectations of collective behavior and African American’s (again, unlike any other minority) are treated, collectively, like wayward children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back