Zone1 What "progressive" policies have turned out well in the past 50 years?

you lived like that until...you could afford something different.

what happens when the future is cancelled?

like with the new world order?
that threat has always existed,, and if it comes I would rather be around friends than out on my own,,

So you are in a very high income family, and you brag how you are able to put your adult children on YOUR insurance? Someone else has to pay for that, you know.
For the whole extra time they were on my policy thanks to Obamacare, they made almost no claims. The only losers were the insurance companies that didn't get extra premiums and I count that as a win.

getting rid of 60 million democrap worthless illegitimates who would be nothing but trouble...all i can think of
Social Security has worked out better than expected but has its downside and is unsustainable long term as it is. Medicare has its upsides but more downside that upside in my opinion. I don't have a huge problem with Bush 41's mandate to accommodate the handicapped. Public schools as opposed to those established via social contract worked pretty well for many decades but progressivism has now made that a questionable experience for children.

Pretty much everything that was once the purview of the private sector as the Founders intended, but that the government has meddled in--education, healthcare, etc.--has become less efficient, less effective, far more expensive and too often entitlement. And that has pretty much been entirely due to progressivism.

Pretty much everything that was once the purview of the private sector as the Founders intended, but that the government has meddled in--education, healthcare, etc.--has become less efficient, less effective, far more expensive and too often entitlement. And that has pretty much been entirely due to progressivism.
Those things get relatively more expensive over time because they're sectors in which labor is the output being produced and thus they can't experience the same labor productivity gains experienced by sectors in which labor is merely an input.

For the whole extra time they were on my policy thanks to Obamacare, they made almost no claims. The only losers were the insurance companies that didn't get extra premiums and I count that as a win.
The insurance companies weren’t losers because they didn’t get extra premiums to cover your adult children. People like ME were hit with massive premiums to make up for it.

Liberals need to learn that there is no free lunch. When your affluent family is getting something for free, middle income people are paying for it.

I was trying to think of a "progressive" policy that has worked out well during the past 50 years, but I couldn't come up with any. Can you?
Police, fire, power, water, internet, roads, air traffic, how many do you want?

The insurance companies weren’t losers because they didn’t get extra premiums to cover your adult children. People like ME were hit with massive premiums to make up for it.
People like you (i.e., buyers in the individual market) weren't affected by this at all. Nothing about your premium was impacted by that.

People like you (i.e., buyers in the individual market) weren't affected by this at all. Nothing about your premium was impacted by that.
Huh? I just said that my premium skyrocketed, my deductible tripled, and doctors wouldn’t take Obamacare.

Obamacare obviously helped some people, but was a nightmare for others who paid the price.

Huh? I just said that my premium skyrocketed, my deductible tripled, and doctors wouldn’t take Obamacare.

Obamacare obviously helped some people, but was a nightmare for others who paid the price.
Dependents under 26 staying on group plans had zero effect on your individual market premium. They don't have any impact on your Medicare premium now either, for that matter, for the same reason.

Forum List

Back