What REAL Christians look like

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty the title should have read this is what I want a christian to look like. Message? If they don't look / sound like this I won't accept them as a Christian. Toss out the bible, we'll choose the verses we like, ignore the rest and the world can go along to get along or else.

Sorry. I do not play that game. The bible doesn't need an opinion. It is what it is. The truth.

Most christians do pick and choose the parts they like and ignore the rest. We se that everyday with the christians' war on the poor, on women's rights, on gays and other issues. That's their prerogative. I have no problem with that and in fact, its just none of my business.

Whether or not Jesus was a real person, the Jesus that christians say they worship was kind and compassionate and reached out to his fellow man. Yes, he also preached and proselytized but he would never have talked the way we see "christians" here talk. He would never have hated and punished the homeless, children, elderly, disabled and our wounded vets and their families.

IMO, there are real Christians and there are fakes. These nuns are the real thing.

YMMV

You do realize you are just believing your own propaganda. No one is waging a war against women, nor against the poor, not even against gays. Those are your talking points.

In all honesty the title should have read this is what I want a christian to look like. Message? If they don't look / sound like this I won't accept them as a Christian. Toss out the bible, we'll choose the verses we like, ignore the rest and the world can go along to get along or else.

Sorry. I do not play that game. The bible doesn't need an opinion. It is what it is. The truth.

Most christians do pick and choose the parts they like and ignore the rest. We se that everyday with the christians' war on the poor, on women's rights, on gays and other issues. That's their prerogative. I have no problem with that and in fact, its just none of my business.

Whether or not Jesus was a real person, the Jesus that christians say they worship was kind and compassionate and reached out to his fellow man. Yes, he also preached and proselytized but he would never have talked the way we see "christians" here talk. He would never have hated and punished the homeless, children, elderly, disabled and our wounded vets and their families.

IMO, there are real Christians and there are fakes. These nuns are the real thing.

YMMV

You do realize you are just believing your own propaganda. No one is waging a war against women, nor against the poor, not even against gays. Those are your talking points.

So says one of the preachy, holier than thou fake christians who constantly attack the homeless, children, elderly, disabled and our wounded vets and their families.

YMMV

So says one of the preachy, holier than thou fake christians who constantly attack the homeless, children, elderly, disabled and our wounded vets and their families.

You're just reiterating my point. You have to make false accusations to defend your point.

You are simply unwilling to acknowledge that one doesnt have to support your policies to do good.

Except no one has said anything remotely like that except you!

She makes things up and then accuses people of saying them, then she posts a response based on what she said was said, that was never said.....:lol::lol:

Funny, some of us profess to be Christians, but yet here we are doing and saying un-Christian things, namely the interactions I see between liberals and kosher. Not a perfect Christian myself, I hardly go to church. But I believe my faith in God transcends the limits of a building. That means going out into the world and not being a jerk to everyone who doesn't agree with me. Quite easy actually.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Exactly. State control of religion. it's what progressives are all about.

As opposed to your Religion controlled state....interesting, that's what you're all about.

We see religions trying to control the state every day.

But, where are examples of the state trying to control religion?

YMMV

I've never seen Avatar constantly attack anyone. He is so layed back I'd think he was asleep if I didn't know better. As for you, Luddly. Everyone knows the issues that concern you because you are constantly accusing the rest of us here of not caring and wounded vets and their families is not one I recall on your list. Neither is children or you would have spoken up for the boys Bryan Singer and his friend Collins - Rector sodomized - on the matter of the elderly when was that? You have had numerous opportunities to defend the elderly when they were put in trial for defending themselves with a gun over a break in. Again you went silent.

On the matter of the homeless, I have never seen a christian on this board attack the homeless. I believe you made that up to make christians look as bad as you possibly can. What a way to spend the hours of a day! Unbelievable.

You are playing fast and loose with the facts here and we cannot have honest dialogue in an environment that refuses to promote it and does everything to create the chaos you claim to loathe.

The answer? Be honest with yourself first and then extend that to others. This nonsense ahs gone far enough. Quantum Windbag has been fighting for his life with terminal cancer and some of you appear to have either forgotten that or dismissed it as irrelevant. You want to see someone who is acting like a real jerk, Luddly? Have a look in the mirror this morning.

Don't talk to me. Don't talk to Avatar. Talk to the hand until you decide to join the human race. :eusa_hand:

It's overdue. Seriously.

You're just reiterating my point. You have to make false accusations to defend your point.

You are simply unwilling to acknowledge that one doesnt have to support your policies to do good.

While its certainly true that we don't see many compassionate conservatives here, I've actually said just the opposite.

Nothing false about my accusations. I judge people here by what they say, not what they do. That is the nature of this relationship.

The people I consider to be fake christians constantly say that the least among us should go hungry and homeless. And then they post more bible verses.

who do Christians follow? Where does the name Christian come from?

picking and choosing scripture where one pleases, is done by those on the right and the left, it's not mutually exclusive to either party....

Absolutely true.

That message is for Brucebeat as she, he, whoever needs to back up off the head games today. I'm not playing around either.

- Jeremiah

I've never seen Avatar constantly attack anyone. He is so layed back I'd think he was asleep if I didn't know better. As for you, Luddly. Everyone knows the issues that concern you because you are constantly accusing the rest of us here of not caring and wounded vets and their families is not one I recall on your list. Neither is children or you would have spoken up for the boys Bryan Singer and his friend Collins - Rector sodomized - on the matter of the elderly when was that? You have had numerous opportunities to defend the elderly when they were put in trial for defending themselves with a gun over a break in. Again you went silent.

On the matter of the homeless, I have never seen a christian on this board attack the homeless. I believe you made that up to make christians look as bad as you possibly can. What a way to spend the hours of a day! Unbelievable.

You are playing fast and loose with the facts here and we cannot have honest dialogue in an environment that refuses to promote it and does everything to create the chaos you claim to loathe.

The answer? Be honest with yourself first and then extend that to others. This nonsense ahs gone far enough. Quantum Windbag has been fighting for his life with terminal cancer and some of you appear to have either forgotten that or dismissed it as irrelevant. You want to see someone who is acting like a real jerk, Luddly? Have a look in the mirror this morning.

Don't talk to me. Don't talk to Avatar. Talk to the hand until you decide to join the human race. :eusa_hand:

It's overdue. Seriously.

It's easier for him to lash out that confront oneself. That's true for any of us really.

The beautiful part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ it has the power to transform the most vile and horrible creatures into someone who is like Christ. Doesn't matter if it's me or you or luddly here, we can all be transformed into a new creature. Someone good and honorable and full of love for all mankind.

While its certainly true that we don't see many compassionate conservatives here, I've actually said just the opposite.

Nothing false about my accusations. I judge people here by what they say, not what they do. That is the nature of this relationship.

The people I consider to be fake christians constantly say that the least among us should go hungry and homeless. And then they post more bible verses.

Find someone suggesting anyone go hungry or homeless that is Christian.

Compassion is helping those in need. It's not subjecting them to an oppressive government in the name of love while doing absolutely nothing.

It's overdue. Seriously.

Avatar does attack people who are fighting for their lives.

I have not had any direct exchanges with Quantum Windbag on this thread or others. The only time I can remember is when I said I wished him well and not to let politics get to him.

Don't know for sure what you're talking about with this - "...the boys Bryan Singer and his friend Collins - Rector sodomized ..." but, as you know, I always advocate for children.

Have never spoken out against elderly defending themselves.

====

I stand by my opinion that there are real Chistians and fake chrisitans and that these nuns are the real thing.

As for "don't talk to you", you don't have to read my posts.

There are more compassionate conservatives than liberals on this board. You've got JoeB hanging like an albatross around your necks defending the Byran Singer / Collins - Rector rape of Egan as sexual experimentation of a young boy. You've got what does it matter, Hillary, who doesn't see what the big deal is of giving a stand down order to our military to Benghazi terror attack. You've got zip on the compassion scale for the elderly, homeless, children of sex crimes including sodomizing scandal by Gay community leader poster boy --> Bryan Singer and his paedophile pal Collins Rector. Which leaves you with what? ! a Save the whales campaign? Go for it. At least you will be able to sell the blubber you dish out. Right now it's not profiting you one iota, Luddly.

Last edited:

It's overdue. Seriously.

Avatar does attack people who are fighting for their lives.

I have not had any direct exchanges with Quantum Windbag on this thread or others. The only time I can remember is when I said I wished him well and not to let politics get to him.

Don't know for sure what you're talking about with this - "...the boys Bryan Singer and his friend Collins - Rector sodomized ..." but, as you know, I always advocate for children.

Have never spoken out against elderly defending themselves.

====

I stand by my opinion that there are real Chistians and fake chrisitans and that these nuns are the real thing.

As for "don't talk to you", you don't have to read my posts.

Avatar does not attack people who are fighting for their lives and as a point of interest I will have absolutely nothing to do with a person who is going to attack another person fighting for their lives. They need to join the human race.

BRUCEBEAT needs to join the human race.

Read through this thread and see if you directly or indirectly said anything you wouldn't have said on television before the world to a person who is fighting for their life - Luddly - then be honest with yourself that this playing fast and loose with the facts is a no win game. Provoking someone to anger who is already not feeling well is a wicked thing to do and you know it.

There are no excuses and we are not discussing the get well thread - we're discussing right here / right now what's going on.

I'm reading everything - this is a message board - but from here on I'll only respond to people with a heart. The rest of you need to grow one. - Jeri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back